PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry OB supporters, but you have absolutley no excuse for him tonight.

Merz
01-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes, I know what you're going to say "we wouldn't have won anyway". I don't care there is absolutely no excuse for pulling the guy who was keeping the team in the game and not putting him back in until the game was relatively over. Especially for a guy who provided nothing but flat jumpers that clanged off the rim.

It is officially a joke (not that it wasn't already).

O'Braindead
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Dare I say that the coaching has been much worse this year than last (Which was awful on its own)?

Let me say this as well; Josh is a better three point shooter than James Posey in this point in his career. Why in the heavens is James playing in the entire fourth quarter if he's not even the best three point shooting four on the team?

vnzla81
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Too bad Jim didn't get trown out in the beggining of the game.

Merz
01-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm so angry I can't even spell correctly right now...

Pacerfan
01-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I hate Jim O'Brien. What other person with half a soul would bench Josh after 3 great quarters only to bring him back after the game was basically over. Josh just looked in disbelief shaking his head most of the fourth. I honestly think Josh is better starting right now for the Pacers because his defense (rotations esp.) are so much better than Tyler's. You could feel the guys all felt more comfortable playing with him...Roy wasn't even really playing bad.

ChristianDudley
01-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I'd comment on this as well, but I'd just be preaching what I've already been preaching and we know we won't have a change in coaching this season no matter how bad it gets because nobody in our organization has the balls to do anything about it.

vnzla81
01-29-2011, 11:41 PM
In a positive note I am happy that at least we got to see this guy today, he is just amazing.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__41/ept_sports_nba_experts-712397812-1260976618.jpg?ymr3oXCDHeOy3oa.

IndySDExport
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't think this is just bad coaching. His actions are either ignorant or spiteful. Josh keeps us in the game in 3rd quarter, gets taken out for posey at the 3:02 mark. The team proceeds to jack up outside jumpers until midway through the 4th since we now have no inside presence. When posey comes out we are down by 14.

At some point this has to seem like sabotage. I think he wants to be fired. He is deliberately making this team worse. Any other person in any other job would be fired for this.

Larry Staverman
01-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't think this is just bad coaching. His actions are either ignorant or spiteful. Josh keeps us in the game in 3rd quarter, gets taken out for posey at the 3:02 mark. The team proceeds to jack up outside jumpers until midway through the 4th since we now have no inside presence. When posey comes out we are down by 14.

At some point this has to seem like sabotage. I think he wants to be fired. He is deliberately making this team worse. Any other person in any other job would be fired for this.

Hey! maybe he just has a man crush on Posey

Basketball Fan
01-29-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm at the point where I can laugh at it no seriously.

If only the ejection was permanent.

Sucks for Chris Denari that the Pacers couldn't get a win for him on his birthday

InYaFace
01-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't like to just hate on people without reasons, but I am living 5000 miles away from Indi in my little room, watching games at 4 am and still feel embarrassed.
I am glad that I live that far away, must be even worse for you guys and for Mr. Bird???
Wow, every time I watch such a game it's just flat out unbelievable Larry Bird himself watches the same game and sitting there in his seed without any reactions?!
I would stand up and go right out of the building in my office and call sb for a coaching position cause I would be so frustrated, disappointed and sad about the ugly truth I just watched.

OBie I dont know you personally and I dont hate you, but I hate that you dont even notice what everybody else is noticing...I mean hey, wake up, they even play jokes on you and you give them just more reasons by getting T'ed!
I just hate people who don't recognize when they fail and do stupid things...stop being stubborn, make a realitycheck (you can ask everybody around the NBA) and get your *** outta here by yourself ala Mike Brown...

So haters gonna hate and OBrien gonna be OBrien...same story, same sad and poor outcome...you change nothing, so go inside yourself and ask you some questions...it's a personality problem! Gotta be a real man O'Brien!

CableKC
01-29-2011, 11:58 PM
In a positive note I am happy that at least we got to see this guy today, he is just amazing.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__41/ept_sports_nba_experts-712397812-1260976618.jpg?ymr3oXCDHeOy3oa.
Scalabrine has become the Bulls White Flag of Victory or Surrender. Everytime he touched the ball, the Bulls fans cheered.

HOOPFANATIC
01-29-2011, 11:58 PM

Flipped to WGN broadcast and their color guy was like " I wish I could see a shot chart... As soon as they took McRoberts out of the game, who was keeping them in it, it has been just 3 after 3 after 3."

McKeyFan
01-30-2011, 12:04 AM

I feel your pain. And I understand your accusations regarding JOB being spiteful and practicing sabotage. I understand, and I've been tempted to thing that that for a while, but I don't agree.

Jim is simply stubborn. He has his matchup reasons and pregame strategy reasons for benching Josh in the fourth, and he lacks so much common sense, and is so unable to notice a phenomenon like Josh's 20 points in 2 1/2 quarters that he refuses to do the obvious: put Josh back in.

He has terrible judgment. He has very little common sense. The real question is why Bird has enabled him.

pwee31
01-30-2011, 12:09 AM
I have so much hate built up towards Jim O'Brien that it's best I just stay quiet

90'sNBARocked
01-30-2011, 12:20 AM
What part of the three year plan , the one that started allegedly after the brawl of 04, are we in?

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh crap, now I have to repeat everyone of my posts from the game thread.

edit: need to add my previous sentence is a joke.

I'm not sure why this thread is needed, most of you think Jim is the reason why the pacers lose most of their games. So there is nothing new here.

graphic-er
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I dont' see how Bird and sit there and back this guy when he makes so many terrible coaching decisions.

vnzla81
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Scalabrine has become the Bulls White Flag of Victory or Surrender. Everytime he touched the ball, the Bulls fans cheered.

We also have a human white flag, his name is James Posey, the only difference is that the clown trows this flag when the game is close.

Merz
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM

I'm not sure why this thread is needed, most of you think Jim is the reason why the pacers lose most of their games. So there is nothing new here.

You don't have to repeat anything. You said in the game thread that you were just passing along his reasonings for doing some things (that you said you yourself did not agree with). This is a thread for the supporters to explain why they think those reasonings were sane, not what they were.

ilive4sports
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
What part of the three year plan , the one that started allegedly after the brawl of 04, are we in?

Didn't the three year plan start when Larry took over for Donnie?

pwee31
01-30-2011, 12:29 AM
McRoberts has played well the past 2 games, which means Hansbrough illness will last about a month, or until McRoberts has a bad game, b/c we all know who will not be on the inactive list.

Not trying to offend UB, but if you don't like a thread, why read or post in it? You're OK with O'Brien, I get that....

vnzla81
01-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Nah, that started this year I think, or maybe next year :whoknows:

Merz
01-30-2011, 12:33 AM

I know "suck as long as possible until the sucking actually helped (draft position, you all know that)" can't be part of the plan. So, depending on what they actually do with the cap space, they are failing in that plan.

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 12:34 AM
McRoberts has played well the past 2 games, which means Hansbrough illness will last about a month, or until McRoberts has a bad game, b/c we all know who will not be on the inactive list.

Not trying to offend UB, but if you don't like a thread, why read or post in it? You're OK with O'Brien, I get that....

Actually I'm not OK with O'Brien, recently started a thread detailing why Mike brown should be brought in right now. a Jim O'brien supporter shouldn't do that

What I get tired of is the whole Jim stinks Jim stinks and the whole, he is the reason why we lose every game discussion. it gets old and it pushes out a lot of needed discussion abuot the players, but then many have gotten to he point where they say we can't judge most of these players until we see how they do with a decent coach. So that leaves very little of interest to discuss

for example here is part of my posts that has gotten no response, in fact I really liked a new play that I do not recall seeing before tonight.
They run a pick and roll with point guard and center just as a misdirection on one side of the free throw line while on the other side granger gets a pick from the power forward and our center also comes over to provide a double staggered pick for granger and Collison passes the ball to DG and he gets a wide open free throw line jumper - 3 easy shots.
Really nice play

AesopRockOn
01-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Is this just about McBob or the game as a whole?

Because, I mostly agree about McBob.

I don't think there was much of a chance that we would win. I also don't think that, all things equal, putting McBob in for 5 extra minutes over Posey would have been the difference. We played a crap second half on both ends of the floor and the Bulls (specifically Rose and Korver, slightly) turned it up. Take out McBob's contributions for the third quarter and we're down by 15 instead of 5.

Merz
01-30-2011, 12:43 AM
It's about McBob. And putting the best players on the floor (whether you win or lose, you want the best players out there, right?)

Sookie
01-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Actually I'm not OK with O'Brien, recently started a thread detailing why Mike brown should be brought in right now. a Jim O'brien supporter shouldn't do that

What I get tired of is the whole Jim stinks Jim stinks and the whole, he is the reason why we lose every game discussion. it gets old and it pushes out a lot of needed discussion abuot the players, but then many have gotten to he point where they say we can't judge most of these players until we see how they do with a decent coach. So that leaves very little of interest to discuss

I don't think he's the reason the team loses. I don't think anyone thinks he's THE reason he loses.

My point of view is this (in terms of winning and losing..there's a lot of other things this doesn't cover) This team will have a hard enough time winning against good teams, with just their talent. They'll need a coach that'll give them the right offensive system, right defensive system, and make the right decisions to have a shot at winning against the best teams.

O'brien doesn't do that. He isn't even neutral. He actually handicaps the team. Is it O'brien's fault they lose, not necessarily. But O'brien consistently puts them in a position to lose.

I think that's all anyone ever means.

As for the players, no..I don't want to judge them until we see them with a decent coach. I want to see the way they play with a coach running an offense that fits their respective skills. Are they the most talanted team? No. But I think there are a lot of "potentially good starters" on this roster..and Paul George has the possibility of being a star in the future. I think that means we need more talent. But I don't know. And I want to see how they play without him.

Merz
01-30-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't think he's the reason the team loses. I don't think anyone thinks he's THE reason he loses.

He actually handicaps the team. Is it O'brien's fault they lose, not necessarily. But O'brien consistently puts them in a position to lose.

I think that's all anyone ever means.

Thats exactly the way I think. I know the Pacers aren't the most talented team and that they will lose games simply because they don't have the talent of other teams...but JOB certainly is a hindrance when they do have chances to win/compete.

pwee31
01-30-2011, 12:57 AM

My apologies on the OK w/ O'Brien comment.

You have to realize it's hard to discuss positives or negatives with about the players at this point. When a fan base is fed up w/ a coach, everything falls on that coach, with O'Brien it's even more so b/c of the decisions he makes that cost the team. Why would a team want to continue to play hard when the coach continues to put you in a situation to lose?

Of course we wish we were talking about McRoberts and career high 20 points, and overall effort, but instead we have to talk about him being bench the majority of the 4th quarter.

We have to talk about the tech when the Pacers had possession after a miss being down 10, that led to a free throw for the Bulls... once again nothing hurt the Pacers during that possession, why get a tech there?

James Posey is the worse player on this team, and he's NEVER been on the inactive list, that's not fair.

Let me take a quote from IndyCornrows tonight

http://www.indycornrows.com/2011/1/29/1963905/chicago-bulls-110-indiana-pacers-89-pacers-successfully-complete?ref=yahoo

James Posey was effective only at being detrimental to the teamís success, and itís no stretch to say Joshís third quarter was the only reason the Pacers had the game within striking distance in the second half. When you can easily argue that McRoberts was the teamís most valuable player in these last two games, how can you justify a potential trip back to street clothes, especially when Jim OíBrien did his fair share to choke this one away by limiting McRoberts (and to a far lesser extent, Roy Hibbert) in the fourth quarter.

This has been a norm all season, set he continues to be a staple in the rotation for the most part. That doesn't make sense to anybody, but O'Brien!!! :censored: man this is :censored: ridiculous.

We're 17-27, 10 games under .500 and we still don't have a solid rotations. Our 2 best players at PF have been active together like once. Our young center is basically the backup center, he just happens to start the game.

I seriously want to cry and scream I'm so :censored: fed up with this guy

CircleCity3318
01-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Whatever I'm tired of Jim, anyone with common sense would have put Josh back in the game before the game got that out of hand. We just have to suffer this last half of the season and that dumb *** will be gone.

Shade
01-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Jim O'Brien is proof that any idiot has a chance to be an NBA coach.

Seriously, anyone trying to defend him at this point is just going to come off as foolish. There is no super secret reason that Jim does the things he does. He's just an idiot, plain and simple.

Bball
01-30-2011, 01:25 AM

I think you're misreading the majority of posts and lumping them in with only a select few.

Most people accept this isn't an NBA championship team just awaiting the right coach... ...Or even think there's an extra 20 wins just waiting to be milked out of this team with a coaching change.

IMHO what the majority is saying is that O'Brien is bringing less that nothing to the table for this team. His system is instilling bad habits that will have to be unlearned down the road.

He has to be creating bad blood with his stubbornness and rotational madness.

He's not finding a way to maximize players' potentials. He's doing the opposite. Especially in regards to team building and unity among players with a defined pecking order.

All of which may or may not lead to any extra wins right now but is our best hope of more wins in the future with these players in the mix (and some at least most certainly will be in the future mix)...

I haven't watched the last couple of games but I think the players have checked out and so there's nothing being gained for now or the future going on right now. So yes, that would include evaluating any player development to see where everyone's ceilings just might be. IMO- O'Brien has mentally worn these players out... and probably physically as well... I bet they've already circled the last game of the season on the calendar. And they will be going thru the motions until they get there (unless something changes and O'Brien is rightfully fired).

croz24
01-30-2011, 01:30 AM

I don't think there was much of a chance that we would win. I also don't think that, all things equal, putting McBob in for 5 extra minutes over Posey would have been the difference. We played a crap second half on both ends of the floor and the Bulls (specifically Rose and Korver, slightly) turned it up. Take out McBob's contributions for the third quarter and we're down by 15 instead of 5.

i'm going to have to disagree with you. basketball is a game of runs as we all know, and most of the time games are won and lost in just a couple of minutes where one team goes on a run that can't be countered. this is what happened tonight and is what has happened in the majority of our losses this year. a couple of minutes of wrong personnel, missed shots, or missed assignments can and will cost you basketball games.

Pacers13Colts12
01-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Here is my problem:

Josh McRoberts was our starting 4 to begin the season. Midway through so far this season he was moved out of the starting lineup in favor of Tyler. Now, why is it that he is not good enough anymore to start, nor come off the bench. If he is the starter, did he just get so horrible that he couldn't come off the bench and play minutes that way? Beginning of the season Tyler couldn't see any playing time, now he is the starter. Why is he not good enough to come off the bench, but good enough to start? It doesn't make any sense what so ever.

CableKC
01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
As for the players, no..I don't want to judge them until we see them with a decent coach. I want to see the way they play with a coach running an offense that fits their respective skills. Are they the most talanted team? No. But I think there are a lot of "potentially good starters" on this roster..and Paul George has the possibility of being a star in the future. I think that means we need more talent. But I don't know. And I want to see how they play without him.
Sort of straying off Topic here....but it relates to the "If KP ran the FO and brought in Nate" thread. Given a future core of DC/Granger/BRush/Hansbrough/Hibbert/AJ/PG/Posey and whatever Starting SG and PF that I think that we should acquire in the Offseason....what type of Coach and/or Offense/Defense should we run that would fit the "style and makeup" of this core?

I'm not suggesting that we should continue to choose an "uptempo" offense cuz "more points" means that we're more exciting to watch and therefore more appealing to the fans....I just want to look at what System and/or Coach would best fit this Team.

BRushWithDeath
01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
This game was coached no worse than many other games this season.

And considering how poorly this game was coached, that is really saying something.

Trophy
01-30-2011, 01:54 AM
A 3 year old would be able to point who the bad players are, but Jim can't.

He seriously makes me think he doesn't want to win.

There was no reason for James Posey to be playing nearly the whole 4th quarter when the game was still in reach and Josh who was having one of the best games in his career to sit down and just play 27 minutes in the game.

James Posey is garbage and so is Jim O'Brien.

geetee
01-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Here is my problem:

Josh McRoberts was our starting 4 to begin the season. Midway through so far this season he was moved out of the starting lineup in favor of Tyler. Now, why is it that he is not good enough anymore to start, nor come off the bench. If he is the starter, did he just get so horrible that he couldn't come off the bench and play minutes that way? Beginning of the season Tyler couldn't see any playing time, now he is the starter. Why is he not good enough to come off the bench, but good enough to start? It doesn't make any sense what so ever.

It only makes sense if you want James Posey to get all the backup minutes at the 4. :mad:

Psyren
01-30-2011, 03:37 AM
On the Josh starting then Tyler starting issue, I don't think it's a matter of who should be/shouldn't be starting.

I couldn't care less who starts. I want both of them to play, because they both have valuable/unique skill sets.

I just want Josh and Tyler to get minutes. Not Josh/Posey or Tyler/Posey. Posey should be at the very end of the bench used only as an emergency for injuries/foul trouble on Tyler/Josh.

Indra
01-30-2011, 04:23 AM
Jim O'Brien makes me so angry I can't even speak. I've been a Pacers fan my entire life, and I'm so upset that he's the coach of this team that I can't even watch the games anymore. Get this through your head, Bird: YOU ARE LOSING FANS BECAUSE THIS ASSCLOWN COACHES THE TEAM!

brewpopps
01-30-2011, 05:31 AM
Then there's this postgame quote from O'Brien saying he wanted Foster in there because Josh can't guard (Fill in the blank)..... Foster is much tougher!
We get it Jim, but looking at Josh on the bench in the fourth, I don't hink he gets it.

PaceBalls
01-30-2011, 05:38 AM
I think you're misreading the majority of posts and lumping them in with only a select few.

Most people accept this isn't an NBA championship team just awaiting the right coach... ...Or even think there's an extra 20 wins just waiting to be milked out of this team with a coaching change.

IMHO what the majority is saying is that O'Brien is bringing less that nothing to the table for this team. His system is instilling bad habits that will have to be unlearned down the road.

He has to be creating bad blood with his stubbornness and rotational madness.

He's not finding a way to maximize players' potentials. He's doing the opposite. Especially in regards to team building and unity among players with a defined pecking order.

All of which may or may not lead to any extra wins right now but is our best hope of more wins in the future with these players in the mix (and some at least most certainly will be in the future mix)...

I haven't watched the last couple of games but I think the players have checked out and so there's nothing being gained for now or the future going on right now. So yes, that would include evaluating any player development to see where everyone's ceilings just might be. IMO- O'Brien has mentally worn these players out... and probably physically as well... I bet they've already circled the last game of the season on the calendar. And they will be going thru the motions until they get there (unless something changes and O'Brien is rightfully fired).

That's the worst part of this, the players have NOT checked out... Jim O'brien has checked them out for them.

Tonight's display of coaching ineptitude is just mind blowing. How the hell does this guy still have a job..?? This and ONLY this make me completely doubt Larry Bird. He might have made some blunders here but keeping Jim for 4 years is unforgivable.

I really hate that I hate James Posey WAY more than I should. The guy could be a really solid player for us in limited action off the bench early in the game, or for some last second plays, but not like this... please no more of this.

Stop the freakin madness already. Please, someone stop it. Fire him already, just do it.

spazzxb
01-30-2011, 06:37 AM
You don't have to repeat anything. You said in the game thread that you were just passing along his reasonings for doing some things (that you said you yourself did not agree with). This is a thread for the supporters to explain why they think those reasonings were sane, not what they were.

Well maybe now you guys will realize that these supporters are a figments of your imagination.

spazzxb
01-30-2011, 06:41 AM
I applaud your ability to stand by you opinions without getting drawn into the drama. I agree with a lot that you have to say.

edit: need to add my previous sentence is a joke.

The Jackson shimmy
01-30-2011, 08:44 AM
I missed the game. But I'm curious. Who was guarding Boozer (who
went for 24 and 10) most of the night ? Was it our PF ? If so, can
I assume that was McRoberts ?

Johnny Strange
01-30-2011, 10:02 AM
I missed the game. But I'm curious. Who was guarding Boozer (who
went for 24 and 10) most of the night ? Was it our PF ? If so, can
I assume that was McRoberts ?

It was not McRoberts. The starting 5 did a good job on him. Roy had him down low and McRoberts would double team him. The 2nd unit of Foster and Posey got destroyed. In the paper JOB said he was trying to match their small lineup because McRoberts cant guard Deng???

But Foster and Posey can? JOB has no idea what he is doing or talking about. They had their starting 5 in the game in with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. At that point it was a close game. JOB left Roy and McRoberts on the bench. 5 minutes later it was a 15 point game and we were done.

Someone should tell JOB its ok to make teams match up to us! They were missing Noah. Of course they were going to go with a smaller lineup. The only other option is the red head dude or the Euro. We should have used a rotation of Foster, Roy, and Hibbert all night long. Posey is crap.

JOB makes no sense. Leave Roy and McRoberts on the bench because the Bulls had their small lineup in the game?

JOSH HAS A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF GUARDING SOMEONE OUT ON THE FLOOR COMPARED TO POSEY AND FOSTER!

Asteezy
01-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Just got through watching the game on LP this morning, And one part of the terrible Bulls commentary really stood out, Whilst Stacey King was talking about how we have alot of talent on our roster and that we should be better than our record suggests, the camera panned to good old Jimmy, The irony made me laugh.

D-BONE
01-30-2011, 10:30 AM

Korver initially heated up with Dunleavy guarding him. MDJ couldn't stay anywhere near him as Korver ran of a variety of screens, especially base line.

You can't let a shooter get off like that. MDJ showing again what we sacrifice on the defensive end when we play him.

Korver also proceeded to torch PG in the 2nd half. He had a horrible shooting night, too.

So...there's two guys supported ardently by different factions of varying sizes on the board who got good run last night - PG being within the "play the youth" approach touted highly on here - who didn't do too much.

Playing McBob a few more minutes wouldn't have mattered. We let Korver go off and they had the best player on the court in Rose, who took over 2nd half.

So, I'm fine with firing OB ASAP, but the McBob thing does not add fuel to my fire.

rm1369
01-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems as if those that defended the teams not playing the young guys because "it's not fair to the vets who may be slightly better and you have to try your best to win game" are now saying that even though Josh was playing well it ultimately doesn't matter he wasn't on the court more - they were going to lose anyway. I believe I see a little contradiction there, but maybe it's just me.

Unclebuck
01-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I

That will not be a factor. Bad habits? No Only habit is losing.

)...

So you haven't seen the past two games? the Pacers played well against a bad Nets team, but they also played pretty well against a team that they cannot match up with all the Bulls. I don't see the players quitting

Lets see.

Isn't this what everyone has wanted all along

Price, George, Tyler, Josh, Roy all have goten significant minutes

BlueNGold
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM

How many games this year have both Tyler and Josh logged 20 minutes?

I will tell you. 4 games.

We went 3-1 and the only loss came on the road after playing Boston at Conseco.

We need their energy on both ends of the floor...for long stretches at the same time. BTW, I love Jeff Foster but the last time he scored 20 points was May 15th, 2004. He hurts us on offense. Both Tyler and Josh are significant offensive threats and can do decent Foster impressions on D. Not picking on Jeff because I want him to be the next guy off the bench. Just keep James and Solo warming the bench...

duke dynamite
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
You people really need to get a grip.

90'sNBARocked
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM

I dont know anymore man

This season has got my brain fried

Now were already making up draft threads

very depressing

Bball
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
That will not be a factor. Bad habits? No Only habit is losing.

)...

I think players will have to re-program themselves to understand what is and isn't a good shot and recognize offensive situations better... as well as what is their more effective roles.

So you haven't seen the past two games? the Pacers played well against a bad Nets team, but they also played pretty well against a team that they cannot match up with all the Bulls.

Last night I had the option of taking a nap or watching another Jim O'Brien coached game. I needed the rest....

I don't see the players quitting

Lets see.

Isn't this what everyone has wanted all along

Good... Hopefully they get consistent roles and minutes too.

:idea: Maybe O'Brien can get tossed earlier next time?

Dr. Awesome
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Management agrees with this thread.

Merz
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
You people really need to get a grip.

Relax, we weren't complaining about pink backpacks.

NuffSaid
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm at the point where I can laugh at it no seriously.

If only the ejection was permanent.

It became so at 4:00pm CST today. :)

McKeyFan
01-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I think we've learned that management does indeed listen to the fans.

speakout4
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
i think he was becoming a public embarrassment that the pacer FO couldn't contain. If indeed the Chicago announcers were ridiculing JOB then that had to be dealt with

McKeyFan
01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
i think he was becoming a public embarrassment that the pacer FO couldn't contain. If indeed the Chicago announcers were ridiculing JOB then that had to be dealt with
Sadly, the Pacer front office should have been ahead of the curve (like a year or two ahead). They should have been able to discern the problems with JOB before learning about it from the likes of Chicago's announcers.

BringJackBack
01-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Let me say this; If Bird drew his conclusion from the Chicago announcers than I am disappointed (It didn't happen though obviously) because the Chicago announcer are freaking idiots who don't deserve announcing jobs. That's obvious for anyone who has ever heard them. I had to endear them for a couple months at one point in time.

They are the worst announcers of all time for the loss.

speakout4
01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Sadly, the Pacer front office should have been ahead of the curve (like a year or two ahead). They should have been able to discern the problems with JOB before learning about it from the likes of Chicago's announcers.
Every time you change coaches you have to admit you made a mistake.