PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon & increasing attendance at the fieldhouse

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Anyone know the situation next offseason for Gordon, is he a RFA? Would the pacers be able to offer him a contract as a RFA if he were?

I am trying to think of a player who fans would be willing to pay and go see. Like the LeBrons, Kobes, Celtics, Magic, Spurs teams. Fans will come out to see those players knowing the Pacers are not likely to win.

First and foremost Pacers need to think about improving the team, but secondly we need to do it with players who fans would be willing to see. There are not many players out there at a superstar level who the pacers would actually have a chance to acquire.

I want the pacers to sign a David West this offseason, but he is not going to improve attendance. Im not even sure if signing Kevin Love would improve attendance right away.

Eric Gordon would improve the team, and improve attendance and for this reason he might be worth a MAX contract. I doubt the Clipps are going to offer him MAX type money with Griffen around.

I wonder if Gordon would even want to play in his home state, LA does have its perks and Griffen is a good teammate to have.

I know this is not likely to happen, and not sure if it even should, since we have George who will likely become a very good SG, but in terms of attendance, we need someone who not only improves the roster, but fans are willing to pay to see.

anyone else out there a possibility?

LucasRL13
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Interesting, I really like Gordon, is the type of guy we need...

CircleCity3318
01-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Would be a great move if it happened, I really hope that it does.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Eric Gordon is untouchable for the Clippers him and Blake arent going any where. Unless Sterling gets cheap.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Interesting, I really like Gordon, is the type of guy we need...

I cant think of anyone else who would improve the teams performance and attendance at the same time. Not even a guy like Iguodala would do both.

if possible Gordon would be worth making a serious run at next offseason, a signing like that could increase ticket sales significantly.

there is reason for concern that if things do not improve within a few seasons, the pacers may be playing elsewhere.

Trophy
01-29-2011, 01:46 PM
We just need wins to get the attendance up and the Clippers are most likely going to lock Gordon up with a large extension.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Eric Gordon is untouchable for the Clippers him and Blake arent going any where. Unless Sterling gets cheap.

I agree Griffen is going nowhere. The clipps are not going to pay two MAX contracts to players, and Griffen is getting one of em.

This could all change once the CBA is resolved, and have an impact on the direction the clippers take. Regardless, I dont see them giving Gordon a MAX contract, in addition to Griffens.

Trophy
there is reason for concern that if things do not improve within a few seasons, the pacers may be playing elsewhere.

We're not going to.

The city isn't going to allow that and nor will Simon.

We're on the right track to have a higher attendance per game once we get into the playoffs

CircleCity3318

Well that is Sterling's middle name

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 01:48 PM

Which is what he's been known for his entire NBA life. So why should anyone think he won't continue to do so?

O'Braindead
01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
..One day Eric Gordon is probably going to be a top 5 player in this league. Donald Sterling would be a blasted psychopathic idiot if he were to let any team take Eric Gordon off LA's hands- Max contract or not (He's a restricted free agent).

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Well that is Sterling's middle name

Not with this Clipper team he refused to offer Eric to the Nuggets for Melo so I think he is gonna lock him up long term. The kid is like Reggie Miller in the work ethic department first one there last one to leave. Sterling can see that Blake and Eric and be one of the best duo's in the NBA. They are 3rd only behind LBJ& Wade and Westbrook and Durant with ave of 46 ppg combined.
I dont see Sterling not paying him he is the key to that team being success full along with Blake.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
We're not going to.

The city isn't going to allow that and nor will Simon.

We're on the right track to have a higher attendance per game once we get into the playoffs

Indy does not own the team and Simon has already stated he is not going to hand over a franchise to his children that is not profitable.

If this is not turned around in the next 3-5 seasons, Simon could possibly sell. hopefully the new cba will benefit small market teams; either way the pacers have to find a way to sell tix.

Gordon is a player with hometown ties, Hoosier alum, USA team member, and fills a position we need at SG.

Pacers should certainly save some cap space for the 2012 offseason.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Which is what he's been known for his entire NBA life. So why should anyone think he won't continue to do so?

Eric Gordon is gonna be a superstar in this league along with Blake name a superstar he hasnt paid??

Trophy
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Indy does not own the team and Simon has already stated he is not going to hand over a franchise to his children that is not profitable.

If this is not turned around in the next 3-5 seasons, Simon could possibly sell. hopefully the new cba will benefit small market teams; either way the pacers have to find a way to sell tix.

Gordon is a player with hometown ties, Hoosier alum, USA team member, and fills a position we need at SG.

Pacers should certainly save some cap space for the 2012 offseason.

Herb Simon doesn't have children, but Mel has a son who has taken over the family business.

As far as attendance increase, it will take wins and playoffs to see an increase during the season and this team is on the right track.

spreedom
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd throw the max at Gordon, even if we believed the Clippers would match. A guy with his talent would be worth the risk.

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Eric Gordon is gonna be a superstar in this league along with Blake name a superstar he hasnt paid??

name one that he HAS paid

Oh that's right, Baron Davis, the same player that Sterling personally heckles during games.

ilive4sports
01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I dont see Sterling letting Gordon go either actually. Sterling seems to want to get this team right. He got rid of Dunleavy Sr., brought in a good coach for the young guys, the GM already said Blake will be a Clipper for life and I think Eric Gordon will be too.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm aware of that and it will take wins to get attendance up and this team is on the right track.

Im well aware of that, wins always increases attendance. what im trying to point out is fans will pay to see certain players over others.. ie teams like the celts, heat, lakers who have superstars.

pacers are not a team that will attract a lebron, melo, kobe type player, the best we can do is a get a player like Eric Gordon, not a superstar (yet) but a solid player who fans from Indiana will pay to see play, even if the team were still average.

Gordon would be worth a MAX contract because he would likely increase ticket sales by name recognition alone.. not even taking into consideration the improvement that would be made for the pacers team.

acquiring Gordon would be like signing a LeBron James for this franchise. There is no doubt more season tickets would be sold.

* i know its not realistic, but if the clipps choose not to pay this kid a MAX deal, the pacers should be the first team in line to bring his talents back to the Hoosier state.

pizza guy
If there is any chance, any chance at all, Eric Gordon would be exactly the guy the Pacers need. Outside of the marquee guys (Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant), we could not get a better player to fit here.

We all believe the Clippers will definitely keep him, but this is the Clippers and if anything defies logic, it's them. If Bird were able to pull off a move like that, he'd be a hero and the Pacers would be a definite playoff team.

pacer4ever
I'd throw the max at Gordon, even if we believed the Clippers would match. A guy with his talent would be worth the risk.

What I would do is offer him a 1 yr maxium money deal hope he accepts. The Clippers would match then he would be URFA the next yr where u can offer him the max and he wouldnt be a RFA any more. That is the only way I could see it happing and that would mean Ericc really didnt want to be playing for the Clippers. Last yr that may have not been the case but this yr I'm sure he likes playing for the Clippers.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
name one that he HAS paid

Oh that's right, Baron Davis, the same player that Sterling personally heckles during games.

He paid a guy like Baron who has probly the worst work ethic in the league. He will surley pay Eric Gordon.

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
What I would do is offer him a 1 yr maxium money deal hope he accepts. The Clippers would match then he would be URFA the next yr where u can offer him the max and he wouldnt be a RFA any more. That is the only way I could see it happing and that would mean Ericc really didnt want to be playing for the Clippers. Last yr that may have not been the case but this yr I'm sure he likes playing for the Clippers.

If history has taught us anything, it's that Eric Gordon is not above changing his mind. We all remember the Illinois/IU fiasco.

redfoster
01-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I would love it, but there is no way the Clips let us sign him. I like p4e's scenario, but that is quite a longshot.

Trophy
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm sure Gordon would love to play in Indy, but enjoys playing with his current Clippers teammates.

If we really would want him then we'd have to save our cap space and not trade any expirings for larger contracts.

I'm just happy to see PG look like he's going to be a top player in this league moving forward.

I think having PG and this team getting a lot of recognition will increase ticket sales.

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 02:15 PM
He paid a guy like Baron who has probly the worst work ethic in the league. He will surley pay Eric Gordon.

Sterling has re-signed SIX players in his 30 years as an owner, to long term contracts... SIX!

Loy Vaught, Eric Piatkowski, Maggette, Elton Brand, Chris Kaman and Sam Cassell.

vnzla81
01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
He was the main reason why I wanted the Pacers to tank so bad that year but of course the Pacers got into another late season run and destroyed the dream :(

Tom White
01-29-2011, 02:22 PM

I want to know where you think you saw this because as Trophy says below:

Herb Simon doesn't have children, but Mel has a son who has taken over the family business.

Also, there is the matter of the contract the Pacers have with the city/CIB/the fieldhouse.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Sterling has re-signed SIX players in his 30 years as an owner, to long term contracts... SIX!

Loy Vaught, Eric Piatkowski, Maggette, Elton Brand, Chris Kaman and Sam Cassell.

Having 2 max contracts is gonna be diffcult when a new cba deal is agreed to, at least from the sound of things.

if there is any chance we can sign Gordon next offseason, we need to keep some cap flexibility.

I think Rush is as good as gone, he is not gonna get re-signed at the type of productivity level he provides. Poseys contract will be removed.. and the Pacers should be in good shape to at least make an offer.

Eleazar
01-29-2011, 02:26 PM
How about a sign and trade Gordon for Granger, plus whatever else is necessary to get it done?

A backcourt of Collison, Gordon, and George with Price and Rush backing them up sounds good to me. Too bad we don't live in NBA Live.

xIndyFan
01-29-2011, 02:42 PM
I want to know where you think you saw this because as Trophy says below:

Also, there is the matter of the contract the Pacers have with the city/CIB/the fieldhouse.

[QUOTE=Tom White;1148963]I want to know where you think you saw this because as Trophy says below:

I believe I read it on here, perhaps i misread. I will look for it in one of the threads.. but not gonna spend to much time searching. if im mistaken, i apologize.

it was in the star. the word used was family not children. the simons wanted to make sure the pacer financials were worked out before he passed. he didn't want to dump an unprofitable enterprise on his family. IIRC, there was something about possibly selling the team instead of keeping it in the family.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 02:42 PM
How about a sign and trade Gordon for Granger, plus whatever else is necessary to get it done?

A backcourt of Collison, Gordon, and George with Price and Rush backing them up sounds good to me. Too bad we don't live in NBA Live.

yea, would be willing to give up george, rush, and a 1st easily to acquire Gordon, but thats not realistic as you know.

signing him would be the easiest. the new cba and the effect it may have on the league will be interesting.

xIndyFan
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
there are lots of good SG's around. right now the pacers need bigs that can play. get that first, then worry about finding more 2's. it looks like the pacers may have a pretty good 2 in paul george anyway.

pizza guy
01-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Would the clips take Kevin love and granger for Gordon. If love becomes unhappy in minni and wants out his trade value would be decreased and could be realistically traded

If Love has to have Granger thrown in to be worth a player like Eric Gordon, let's trade Dunleavy to Minnesota first.

PacerHound
01-29-2011, 02:48 PM
We have some guys here now people want to see play but Jim wants to play guys we don't particularly enjoy watching - you know who they are. Let me know Paul George, Hansbrough, and McRoberts are all going to be getting around 30 minutes a game (and some time together on the court) rather than the mid teens or none at all and then having the money and the time to go I am interested. The way it is I'm not.

I am not paying to watch some the guys who are playing play period.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
there are lots of good SG's around. right now the pacers need bigs that can play. get that first, then worry about finding more 2's. it looks like the pacers may have a pretty good 2 in paul george anyway.

I 100% agree with you. PF looks to be the bigger issue, and signing a guy like West would help or some other FA.

But in terms of both improving the team, and improving attendance right away.. Gordon would do both.

George could easily slide to the SF spot down the road, and George is still 2-3 years away from truly being ready to start at either SG or SF.

Pacers have not had good attendance since Reggie Miller, we need a player fans are will ing to pay to see play.

can you think of any PF's right now that fans are gonna pay to see even if the pacers might lose... as when the pay to see celts, magic, lakers, they are there hoping for the pacers to win but paying to see those teams play.

I agree winning will sell tix, but i would like to see the Fieldhouse sold out every game; and adding a player like Gordon would increase tickets a few thousand or more, especially if the pacers are one of the better teams.

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 02:55 PM
I 100% agree with you. PF looks to be the bigger issue, and signing a guy like West would help or some other FA.

But in terms of both improving the team, and improving attendance right away.. Gordon would do both.

George could easily slide to the SF spot down the road, and George is still 2-3 years away from truly being ready to start at either SG or SF.

Pacers have not had good attendance since Reggie Miller, we need a player fans are will ing to pay to see play.

can you think of any PF's right now that fans are gonna pay to see even if the pacers might lose... as when the pay to see celts, magic, lakers, they are there hoping for the pacers to win but paying to see those teams play.

I agree winning will sell tix, but i would like to see the Fieldhouse sold out every game; and adding a player like Gordon would increase tickets a few thousand or more, especially if the pacers are one of the better teams.

I agree with your stance, other than that bolded statement. Paul George will be our starting SG next season and he will have earned it. The kid improves every game. He's one of the quickest learners I've ever seen in a Pacers uniform.

LA_Confidential
01-29-2011, 02:59 PM

:iagree: I'm becoming more and more impressed with PG by the minute. I honestly believe he should be the starting two, period. He's just got IT.

Im more worried about our bigs. Tyler would be amazing off the bench for us. If we don't make a trade, hopefully we could land Jeff Green or David West, whoever is cheaper.

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I agree with your stance, other than that bolded statement. Paul George will be our starting SG next season and he will have earned it. The kid improves every game. He's one of the quickest learners I've ever seen in a Pacers uniform.

I hope so as well. your not disagreeing with the fact George can play SF as well right? I am amazed that George at 6'8 has the quickness to gaurd SG's, and PG's as well. George can play either position of SG or SF and do not see an issue bringing in Gordon if possible and letting George get some more experience.

Smoothdave1
01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
A couple of things I want to note about Gordon:

1. There was an article from a couple of weeks ago where Gordon Sr. mentioned that he wished EJ played on the East Coast and closer to home so that he and his family had a chance to watch him play more often.

I think that EJ would welcome coming back to Indy. I ran into Gordon over the summer at the Indy Pro Am Summer League at IUPUI as he was in Indy for the week between practice and the World Championships. I got a chance to talk to him for about 4 or 5 minutes and he was one of the nicest NBA players I have ever met. We discussed the World Championships and I mentioned how I was glad to have him back in Indy and he noted that he was excited to be home. He had several friends with him at the game and seemed to be very comfortable and happy.

Furthermore, I have a mutual friend of Gordon's family and they have told me that EJ likes playing for the Clippers, but that the family would prefer if he played closer to Indy. His parents live and plan to continue to live in Indy long-term from my understanding.

2. As has been mentioned, Sterling is cheap and won't give up control of the team any time soon. Will he change when it comes time to opening the checkbook? I could see a scenario playing out where the Clippers give Griffin a max deal, but maybe not EJ. I think a lot of this will depend on the new CBA. But the fact is Sterling is doing quite well. He's in the 2nd largest media market in the country, the Clippers make a ton of money and they continue to maintain a payroll that is continually in the bottom 5-10 of the NBA year in and year out. I don't think Sterling will change his business model any time soon.

3. Will EJ want to continue playing on a team that is and will always be second fiddle to the Lakers? EJ may relish wanting to come back home and help out the Pacers as they would become his team. He could become the face of Indy sports, especially since Peyton only has a few years left. I'm sure that some of you remember when the Pacers were the top team in Indy and Reggie was the face of sports in Indianapolis. Why couldn't it be Gordon? Look what Derrick Rose has done in Chicago and how well he has thrived playing for his hometown team. Maybe EJ sees this and knows the Pacers could be his team?

I think Gordon could be one of those players who turns around the Pacers as a whole -- both in terms of record and the bottom line. I think that either Bird, Morway, Pritchard or whoever is running the show would happily welcome EJ back to Indy. I honestly don't know that the Pacers will spend a lot of their cap space this summer as they may look to save some of the room for the following summer.

I would LOVE for Gordon to come back to Indy. While the chances may be slim, I still think there's a possibility. EJ is young (just turned 22 a month ago), Indy is his hometown, the Pacers will have money to spend and offer a young core of DC, George, Roy, etc, he would be the face of the franchise and he would be close to family and friends.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 03:18 PM

There are not many who are as skilled as EJ and as good of a closer

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 03:21 PM

1. There was an article from a couple of weeks ago where Gordon Sr. mentioned that he wished EJ played on the East Coast and closer to home so that he and his family had a chance to watch him play more often.

I think that EJ would welcome coming back to Indy. I ran into Gordon over the summer at the Indy Pro Am Summer League at IUPUI as he was in Indy for the week between practice and the World Championships. I got a chance to talk to him for about 4 or 5 minutes and he was one of the nicest NBA players I have ever met. We discussed the World Championships and I mentioned how I was glad to have him back in Indy and he noted that he was excited to be home. He had several friends with him at the game and seemed to be very comfortable and happy.

Furthermore, I have a mutual friend of Gordon's family and they have told me that EJ likes playing for the Clippers, but that the family would prefer if he played closer to Indy. His parents live and plan to continue to live in Indy long-term from my understanding.

2. As has been mentioned, Sterling is cheap and won't give up control of the team any time soon. Will he change when it comes time to opening the checkbook? I could see a scenario playing out where the Clippers give Griffin a max deal, but maybe not EJ. I think a lot of this will depend on the new CBA. But the fact is Sterling is doing quite well. He's in the 2nd largest media market in the country, the Clippers make a ton of money and they continue to maintain a payroll that is continually in the bottom 5-10 of the NBA year in and year out. I don't think Sterling will change his business model any time soon.

3. Will EJ want to continue playing on a team that is and will always be second fiddle to the Lakers? EJ may relish wanting to come back home and help out the Pacers as they would become his team. He could become the face of Indy sports, especially since Peyton only has a few years left. I'm sure that some of you remember when the Pacers were the top team in Indy and Reggie was the face of sports in Indianapolis. Why couldn't it be Gordon? Look what Derrick Rose has done in Chicago and how well he has thrived playing for his hometown team. Maybe EJ sees this and knows the Pacers could be his team?

I think Gordon could be one of those players who turns around the Pacers as a whole -- both in terms of record and the bottom line. I think that either Bird, Morway, Pritchard or whoever is running the show would happily welcome EJ back to Indy. I honestly don't know that the Pacers will spend a lot of their cap space this summer as they may look to save some of the room for the following summer.

I would LOVE for Gordon to come back to Indy. While the chances may be slim, I still think there's a possibility. EJ is young (just turned 22 a month ago), Indy is his hometown, the Pacers will have money to spend and offer a young core of DC, George, Roy, etc, he would be the face of the franchise and he would be close to family and friends.

His mom says he would love to play here as long as they pay which im sure they will. The Gordons are really nice people and have rasied EJ very well. Their younger son is better than EJ at the same age and is suppose to be better than EJ. I would love to have EJ on the Pacers he is a very special player.

But Like u said he likess playing for the Clippers and he and Blake are really close at least thats wat mrs Gordon says.

O'Braindead
01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Great post. Now does this mean that we actually have a puncher's chance of signing Eric Gordon in two years, or is this wishful thinking?

If Eric Gordon came here, that would make the future much, much more bright.

Mackey_Rose
01-29-2011, 03:46 PM
EJ is absolutely worth max-type money. It's definitely a longshot, but the Pacers would be really foolish not to pursue him.

If a sign-and-trade with Granger would help get it done, they shouldn't even think twice about it. Gordon is a much better player than Granger.

DrFife
01-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Can you imagine if EG pulled a 'Melo and said, "Mr. Sterling, I'm giving you fair warning now. I won't re-sign with you. The only team I will sign a new contract with is the Indiana Pacers"? :drool:

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Can you imagine if EG pulled a 'Melo and said, "Mr. Sterling, I'm giving you fair warning now. I won't re-sign with you. The only team I will sign a new contract with is the Indiana Pacers"? :drool:

Eric isnt that type of person i could never see him doing that ever

Scot Pollard
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
when eric was drafted by los angeles i didnt think he was going to like it

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
There are not many who are as skilled as EJ and as good of a closer

i dont think anyone on PD would argue that EJ is not worth a MAX deal. what a max deal will be after the the CBA no one really knows, but whatever it be, the Pacers should have no reservations about offering it to Gordon.

I did not realize he was only 21 goin on on 22.. is that right? he seems more mature than that.

i dont think there is any one player i would like to see in a Pacer uniform more than Gordon, within reason of course (Bron, and those guys are not signing here).

Seems like a player the fanbase can rally around.. Hoosier, Team USA member, IU alum, all-star potential.

BringJackBack
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
If there was a way to get Eric Gordon here, him and Paul George would be a sick combo surrounded by Collison, Hibbert, and our PF..

Dr. Awesome
01-29-2011, 05:01 PM
..One day Eric Gordon is probably going to be a top 5 player in this league. Donald Sterling would be a blasted psychopathic idiot if he were to let any team take Eric Gordon off LA's hands- Max contract or not (He's a restricted free agent).

0_0

pizza guy
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM
If there was a way to get Eric Gordon here, him and Paul George would be a sick combo surrounded by Collison, Hibbert, and Hansbrough.

Tyler may not be a superstar, but on a team with PG24 and Gordon, we wouldn't need a superstar PF.

Collison
Gordon
George
Hansbrough
Hibbert

That would be a fun, fun team to watch.

BornReady
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
If you are purely talking about fan desires, I could see George Hill making people happy :)

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
i dont think anyone on PD would argue that EJ is not worth a MAX deal. what a max deal will be after the the CBA no one really knows, but whatever it be, the Pacers should have no reservations about offering it to Gordon.

I did not realize he was only 21 goin on on 22.. is that right? he seems more mature than that.

i dont think there is any one player i would like to see in a Pacer uniform more than Gordon, within reason of course (Bron, and those guys are not signing here).

Seems like a player the fanbase can rally around.. Hoosier, Team USA member, IU alum, all-star potential.

he turn 22 on christmas the guy is an abuslute beast on offense and defense. He is the reason im a clipper fan

PacersPride
01-29-2011, 05:19 PM
If you are purely talking about fan desires, I could see George Hill making people happy :)

Hill is not a borderline superstar that fans are willing to pay to see play. not saying Hill is a mcbob or anything, but more on the level of mike conley.

ultimately it sounds like the decision may be up to Gordon, not the clippers. If EJ wants to play for Indiana, and knows he can get the max contract, he can make it happen.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 05:19 PM
If there was a way to get Eric Gordon here, him and Paul George would be a sick combo surrounded by Collison, Hibbert, and our PF..

I actually want to see Eric play pg some when the Clippers put him there he is so dominate but they only put him there a couple times.

My fears with Eric is he is so fearless going into the paint he gets a lot of knick nack injuries like the one he has right now.

O'Braindead
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
0_0

Do you disagree with me? I'm not sure what that smiley means. :chuckle:

Here are his stats for this year-

24.1 on 46.8% shooting to go along with 4.5 assists per game at 22 years old

This is just his third year in the league, and he is one of the best shooters in the league despite struggling somewhat mightily from three this year. When I checked the numbers I expected 42% from three or so but that's not the case.

My stance on Eric Gordon probably has a lot to do with my IU and Indiana homer-ism, but I believe that when he starts "getting it" even more-so than he currently does, Gordon will be a real force.

Let me admit though, top 5 is a little hyperbolic. However, I do devoutly believe that he will fit in with the following group of guys of the top point guards, shooting guards, and small forwards in a couple years:

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Carmelo Anthony
Dwyane Wade

That's good company.

PS- I believe that Paul George will get there too.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM

This is just his third year in the league, and he is one of the best shooters in the league despite struggling somewhat mightily from three this year. When I checked the numbers I expected 42% from three or so but that's not the case.

My stance on Eric Gordon probably has a lot to do with my IU and Indiana homer-ism, but I believe that when he starts "getting it" even more-so than he currently does, Gordon will be a real force.

Let me admit though, top 5 is a little hyperbolic. However, I do devoutly believe that he will fit in with the following group of guys of the top point guards, shooting guards, and small forwards in a couple years:

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Carmelo Anthony
Dwyane Wade

That's good company.

u missed Blake Griffen and Dwight Howard

BTW Eric's shot as been off this yr he could easliy be at 27 ppg

O'Braindead
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
u missed Blake Griffen and Dwight Howard

I said out of ones, twos, and threes. Not big men.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I said out of ones, twos, and threes. Not big men.

o ok

The reason Eric's shot was off to start the season was because one of the Clipper coachs tried to get him to change his release(what an idiot)

Dr. Awesome
01-29-2011, 05:34 PM

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Carmelo Anthony
Dwyane Wade

That's good company.

I'll accept one of the better guards. He will never be a top 5 player though.

beast23
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Can you imagine if EG pulled a 'Melo and said, "Mr. Sterling, I'm giving you fair warning now. I won't re-sign with you. The only team I will sign a new contract with is the Indiana Pacers"? :drool:Since Gordon is RFA in summer 2012, Sterling could then look at Gordon and tell him "Well, good luck with that. I'll match anything that you are offered.

Knowing that, the best thing the Pacers could do is to offer him a very large ONE YEAR contract with a very large trade penalty and for Gordon to accept it. That way, he is stuck in LA for only 1 additional year before becoming an unrestricted FA. But that still puts him not available until summer 2013.

If a team were to offer him a 3 or 4 year deal, then he is stuck for 3 or 4 additional years in LA. The 1 year deal with the trade penalty is a slick trick, if you ask me. If Gordon truly wanted to play in Indy, or for another team, he could then waive the trade penalty.

Also, knowing that they would only have him for one additonal year, maybe they would be more willing to dicker.

cinotimz
01-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Gordon would be an absolute Godsend. But there is no way on God's green earth LA lets him go for any reason. They can pay him more than anyone else and they will. No way they let Griffen or Gordon go. None. They have a dynasty in the making.

CableKC
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm not going to even read any of these pages in the thread....there is no way that Gordon is going to end up here in the next 2 seasons. The earliest chance that we'd have is when he becomes a UFA....which will be in about 5 to 6 seasons from now.

pacers74
01-30-2011, 04:47 AM
I would love to have EJ here, but this sounds a lot like the talk we were having about Al Horford. I know we are talking about the clippers, but try to get any young all-star restricted player is going to be tough. If we could pull this off, then we it could be just what this franchise needs.