PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for DC/AJ Backcourt, and no Lance

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110129/SPORTS04/101290359/1062/SPORTS04/Pacers-Hansbrough-sits-out-against-

Price to get Rush's minutes

You would think Brandon Rush's ankle injury, which will keep him out about two weeks, would open up minutes for rookie Lance Stephenson and Dahntay Jones.

O'Brien doesn't think so.

He's going to give Rush's minutes at shooting guard to A.J. Price when the opportunity presents itself.

"We'll look at A.J. at the (shooting) guard spot depending on the opponent if we think he can match up without getting hurt by a post-up," O'Brien said. "He's played some (shooting) guard spot for us. He's also got the ability to space the court. We had moved Paul (George) in front of Brandon and then the minutes Brandon was going to get, we'll use one of our point guards."

Price moved ahead of veteran T.J. Ford in the rotation a week ago.

With Price getting some minutes at shooting guard, Stephenson's debut in a Pacers uniform will wait. Stephenson, the team's second-round pick, is the only Pacer yet to appear in a game this season

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Not surprised.

Sookie
01-29-2011, 01:19 PM
DC/AJ is better than TJ/AJ, TJ/DC or Last years TJ/Watson or AJ/Watson

still, they're all so tiny..

But to be perfectly honest, I"m not worried about Lance here, I'm worried about BRush's spot.

The Pacers have a possibility of doing well while Rush is out of the lineup. That could give JOB the impression that we should continue to just give AJ Rush's minutes, as well as the backup. (Or like last night, have a three PG rotation, and play AJ at some minutes at the 2, as well. so essentially the swap is TJ for Rush.)

Brandon Rush is too good of a player to be sitting.

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2011, 01:22 PM
DC/AJ is better than TJ/AJ, TJ/DC or Last years TJ/Watson or AJ/Watson

still, they're all so tiny..

But to be perfectly honest, I"m not worried about Lance here, I'm worried about BRush's spot.

The Pacers have a possibility of doing well while Rush is out of the lineup. That could give JOB the impression that we should continue to just give AJ Rush's minutes, as well as the backup. (Or like last night, have a three PG rotation, and play AJ at some minutes at the 2, as well. so essentially the swap is TJ for Rush.)

Brandon Rush is too good of a player to be sitting.

I understand Sook how you feel about the Lance situation, and thats ok with me

What I hate about this is the "small ball" backcourt

What about trying Dun at the point with AJ at the two?

xIndyFan
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM

:iagree: this is a good idea. especially running the motion offense. AJ can play the 1 or 2 and so can mike.

Hicks
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
So in other words you want to do what we already sometimes do and play AJ at the 1 and Mike at the 2? Because you won't force the other team to guard them any differently. It will just mean Mike brings the ball up the floor.

Sookie
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I understand Sook how you feel about the Lance situation, and thats ok with me

What I hate about this is the "small ball" backcourt

Why would you do that? If your not going to have another point guard on the court with AJ, AJ should be playing the point. AJ's getting these minutes to give Dun, PG, and Danny a break. This also allows Danny to play some minutes at the PF, if need be.

I don't think small ball is the best idea either. But jeez, if we're gonna see it..I'll take DC/AJ. Those two actually do compliment each other, skills wise. Unfortunatly, they're both midgets. (In relative terms) My guess is though, like last night, it'll mostly be TJ/AJ on the court together.

(Which is going to suck tonight, because if we see another lineup like TJ/AJ/PG/Posey/Foster..it'll take a good team about a minute to figure out that they only have to guard AJ and PG. And it'll take another minute to figure out that the point guard that's dominating the ball..won't pass it to PG..pretty easy lineup to guard)

xIndyFan
01-29-2011, 01:31 PM
So in other words you want to do what we already sometimes do and play AJ at the 1 and Mike at the 2? Because you won't force the other team to guard them any differently. It will just mean Mike brings the ball up the floor.

yes and no. AJ and mike seem to play well together. they both handle the ball, willing to pass, really really good shooters. mike sees the court better than either of our PG's, imo. getting him some decision time with the ball would be a good thing.

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2011, 01:31 PM

If I had my preference my friend, AJ wouldnt play at all with either TJ or DC

My point was if you are light at the wing because of your refusal to play Lance or Dahanty, then I would rather see a few minutes of Dun at the point because he has very good passing abilities and can run the offense, with AJ as a SG, because thats what I think he is

Sookie
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
yes and no. AJ and mike seem to play well together. they both handle the ball, willing to pass, really really good shooters. mike sees the court better than either of our PG's, imo. getting him some decision time with the ball would be a good thing.

I like Dun and AJ together too. For 1, AJ can cover for Dun's bad defense. (Which BTW, Collison had stretches last night where he was very good defensively) 2. Both understand the importance of screening, player movement and ball movement. When they are on the same page, the offense runs really well with those two in together.