PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Game vs NJ : a real measuring stick...

graphic-er
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I think tonights game vs. NJ is going to be a real measuring point for where this team is and where its going with our young talent. Hibbert vs. Lopez, Hans vs Favors, DC vs Harris.

I thought last year that Lopez was much better than Hibbert despite their record, and at the beginning of this year it looked like Hibbert had absolutely leap frogged Lopez. Now, Lopez as been tearing it up lately averaging 23 PPG, and NJ was won like 4-5. While Hibbert has nose dived and playing like a wuss. I hope JOB sticks with Hibbert in this game and lets him battle with Lopez. Its a shame he did not stick with him against Howard.

Hans vs Favors. If this is considered T's rookie season then going against Favors who as been so highly touted is pretty good measuring stick. They score in different ways, so I'm really going to be watching the defense and rebounding.

I have a feeling tonight we are going to see Lopez demonstrate just how a 7-2 big man with post up skills is supposed to be used.

BillS
01-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I have a feeling tonight we are going to see Lopez demonstrate just how a 7-2 big man with post up skills is supposed to be used.

Since Lopez hits his short shots and can get up to the rim through his defenders, I would certainly hope he shows Hibbert the post up skills a 7-2 big man is supposed to have.

Kegboy
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Tonight really feels like the point of no return. If we lose this game, the season's over, barring some miracle trade before the deadline.

BringJackBack
01-28-2011, 03:16 PM
...I kind of get the feeling that the OP has been trolling his Hibbert hate as of late...

Pacersalltheway10
01-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Dream scenario: pacers get blown out. Job fired next day or day after. Favors goes for 20 and 10 . Paul George gets a double double with steals. Roy Hibbert shoots 60% and has 20 and 20 game.

xBulletproof
01-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Dream scenario: pacers get blown out. Job fired next day or day after. Favors goes for 20 and 10 . Paul George gets a double double with steals. Roy Hibbert shoots 60% and has 20 and 20 game.

:hmm:

Pacersalltheway10
01-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I want favors to succeed. He is going to be a monster.

xBulletproof
01-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Agreed on Favors.

Anyway, I didn't understand this was your "Pacersalltheway10"'s dream scenario. I thought you were making a "Pacers" dream scenario for succeeding for the rest of the year. :laugh: I had no idea how that fit in there.

Pacersalltheway10
01-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I put that in there considering that rumored granger favors trade where people were saying favors wont be anything in the NBA. Some peep said they would wait and see how he plays vs the Pacers tonight.

BlueNGold
01-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Josh better have the rust shaken off. What a shame that players like Solo and Posey have taken so much time away from better players.

Sookie
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Dun is a good transition defender..