PDA

View Full Version : Questioin about DG bobblehead tonight...PS&E

I Love P
01-28-2011, 03:49 PM
So, season ticket holder or not...you have to buy this special ticket to receive the bobblehead? I know a few season ticket holders that aren't real happy wit this, if this is the case. I've been to Cincinnati Reds games and Chicago White Sox games and they have passed out bobbleheads for free to the first say 15,000 or so. I find it ammusing that PS&E would charge for these bobbleheads. It's not like they ever pass anything out when you enter anyways besides a dumb program. Oops, I take that back...we got a flag last game!!!! I hope they didn't make many of these bobbleheads cause I wouldn't imagine a lot of people bought a "special ticket." Joke.

duke dynamite
01-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I have yet to hear one STH complain about the bobbleheads. We get them for $30 for all six, while the general public has to buy the Collectible Fridays package or wait until April and Home Court sells them for $90 a complete set. (That wasn't a joke, Home Court is going to sell them for $15 each.)

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I bought the set for $30 (didn't have to buy any extra tickets), and although I haven't picked my set up yet, I've heard several STH's rave about how cool the set is. Haven't heard a complaint yet.

pacer4ever
01-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I bought the set for $30 (didn't have to buy any extra tickets), and although I haven't picked my set up yet, I've heard several STH's rave about how cool the set is. Haven't heard a complaint yet.

They are just like the Bobble heads the Reds give away on bobble head night.

pristinecollector
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Guess it depends on who you talk to. I heard several complaints at last night's game from both season ticket holders and non season ticket holders. Most complaints didn't have anything to do with whether or not they liked the bobbleheads, they had to do with the fact that they were charged for them. As a season ticket holder, most thought something like this should be included for free, much like the Reds do. As a non-season ticket holder, most complained that the tickets cost $28.00 in order to get a voucher. As for me, I'm not a season ticket holder. If I were, I would have payed the $30 for the set. I can't say I'd have been happy about it but I'd be in a better position than I am now since I don't have a set now.

Kaufman
01-29-2011, 04:40 PM
i'm sorry - what is the question you have?

joeyd
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
So, season ticket holder or not...you have to buy this special ticket to receive the bobblehead? I know a few season ticket holders that aren't real happy wit this, if this is the case. I've been to Cincinnati Reds games and Chicago White Sox games and they have passed out bobbleheads for free to the first say 15,000 or so. I find it ammusing that PS&E would charge for these bobbleheads. It's not like they ever pass anything out when you enter anyways besides a dumb program. Oops, I take that back...we got a flag last game!!!!

What's with this sense of entitlement that people have? Never get anything besides a dumb program? If you wanted the lineups, etc., you used to have to pay at least $5 to get a program. Now they are handed out and you are griping about it? Do MLB parks hand out free scorecards these days? Not the ones I've been to lately.

People should buy their regular game tickets knowing full well what they can expect. A game within the friendly confines of a great arena! No guarantees that the half-time shows will knock your socks off (admittedly they probably won't), and no guarantees that you will get anything before or after the game. Special promos mean special deals and only then you should people have special expectations. The bobbles look pretty decent, and they cost money to make. The franchise is losing money, so I guess you think they should take another financial hit and produce stuff that they should just give away, knowing there might actually be a demand for the items? The fans will not come back for bobbleheads, and the casual fan will probably just let them gather dust or toss them. However, the people that want them are likely to be willing to go out of their way to get them. In this case, the STHs as well as the non-STHs have their opportunity.

Pacers13Colts12
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Um, you get the opportunity of a free bagel, free doughnut or free coffee too...quit complaining that's a freakin steal.

duke dynamite
01-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Back to the OP, for a franchise that is bleeding money left and right, I can definitely see why they create a special package for these little guys. I'm sure they dropped a big dime on these unique figures. Sure, MLB teams hand them out all the time, but they have more games and more revenue than say the Pacers do.

smj887
01-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Duke, how do you know they're going to sell the whole set in April for $90? J/W because I noticed at the NJ game on Friday that Home Court had 4 or 5 DG bobbleheads for sale for around $25-$30 I believe. That's too steep so I was just gonna pick up the few that I want, but if the whole sets gonna be available in April I'll just wait...

duke dynamite
01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Duke, how do you know they're going to sell the whole set in April for $90? J/W because I noticed at the NJ game on Friday that Home Court had 4 or 5 DG bobbleheads for sale for around $25-$30 I believe. That's too steep so I was just gonna pick up the few that I want, but if the whole sets gonna be available in April I'll just wait...
I know because I know. The Danny bobbleheads they currently have at Home Court are from Forever Collectibles or something similar.

I could be wrong about the April date, but they will be for sale at $15 each or $90 for the full set.

alamo1978
01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Sorry if this is inappropriate to ask, but if any season ticket holders are not going to use you bobble head package ($30), I'd love to have one and can't make it to a lot of games due to work conflicts.I'd be willing to pay you for your trouble. Just PM me if anyone is willing.

smj887
01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I know because I know. The Danny bobbleheads they currently have at Home Court are from Forever Collectibles or something similar.

I could be wrong about the April date, but they will be for sale at $15 each or $90 for the full set.

Thanks, just wanted to be sure you knew and it wasn't speculation.