PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else catch Tracey Morgan on TNT's pregame show

Unclebuck
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Pretty stupid of Kenny and Charles to ask this guy a question like they did. Watching it live I honestly changed the channel for a second and felt bad for Ernie

Here is the article
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/01/tnt-retreats-from-tracy-morgans-suggestive-thoughts-on-sarah-palin/1

here is the video feed. (video feed not safe for work)
http://thebiglead.com/

clownskull
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
i think that is the last time tracey gets to be there with a microphone in his hand. he shouldn't be invited back again.

Kegboy
01-28-2011, 10:14 AM
:shrug:

[edit] I would much, much rather have a man describe an attractive woman as "good masturbation material" than use the popular "I'd hit that"; which, if you think about, is a very misogynist statement. I will agree that Kenny throwing out a "who'd you rather" scenario is very bad taste, especially when you include the man's boss in there. I'd say Chuck was actually trying to save it, taking Fey out of the equation.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I love Tracey Morgan, dude is very funny

makaveli
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
What the hell is wrong with America? Dude made a joke and within an hour you have Turner Sports condemning him and apologizing. IT WAS A JOKE. HE IS A COMEDIAN. Lighten up. Christ.

Unclebuck
01-28-2011, 10:56 AM
What the hell is wrong with America? Dude made a joke and within an hour you have Turner Sports condemning him and apologizing. IT WAS A JOKE. HE IS A COMEDIAN. Lighten up. Christ.

we can't get into the issues here. buf if you are sitting there watching it with you 10 year old son who enjoys the NBA and a comment like that comes on - you would have no problem?

makaveli
01-28-2011, 11:02 AM
we can't get into the issues here. buf if you are sitting there watching it with you 10 year old son who enjoys the NBA and a comment like that comes on - you would have no problem?

My problem is with Basketball analysts asking a loaded non-basketball question of an invited comedian.

As far as having a problem with my 10 year old seeing it...I have a 15 year old son and an 11 year old daughter and have been in may situations where something inappropriate was said on a show or by someone around no matter how hard I tried to protect them. When that happened/happens I choose to not draw attention to it or make a huge deal out of it. If they bring it up then it is an excellent avenue for an open appropriate discussion about subject matter that's not a topic of day to day conversation.

thewholefnshow31
01-28-2011, 11:12 AM

People are to easily offended in this country now a days. You look at someone wrong and they get offended. People cannot take a joke nowadays so I am not surprised by this at all.

Then again TNT is stupid for not thinking that a comedian like Tracey Morgan might make a joke that will offend people. You do not put a tiger in a pin with a bunch of sheep and expect it not to eat them.

Trader Joe
01-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Of course they're gonna know what intercourse is by the time they hit the 4th grade, they got the discovery channel don't they?

We ain't nothin' but mammals, well some of us cannibals who cut other people open like cantelopes.

But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes, then there'es no reason that a man and another man can't elope.

But if you feel like I feel I got the antidote, women wave your panty hose, sing the chorus and it goes....

SMosley21
01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Of course they're gonna know what intercourse is by the time they hit the 4th grade, they got the discovery channel don't they?

We ain't nothin' but mammals, well some of us cannibals who cut other people open like cantelopes.

But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes, then there'es no reason that a man and another man can't elope.

But if you feel like I feel I got the antidote, women wave your panty hose, sing the chorus and it goes....

Bravo!!

I did not expect to see those lyrics when I opened this thread. :dance:

Basketball Fan
01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I saw it on YouTube(had class last night so I never saw it live) I think Ernie handled it well considering and while its probably in bad taste it was also an inappropriate question to ask in the first place and had nothing to do with basketball.

If anything the NBA might like this publicity because they can get the casual fan to watch just to see what someone will say next.. or maybe not.

SoupIsGood
01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
:shrug:

[edit] I would much, much rather have a man describe an attractive woman as "good masturbation material" than use the popular "I'd hit that"; which, if you think about, is a very misogynist statement. I will agree that Kenny throwing out a "who'd you rather" scenario is very bad taste, especially when you include the man's boss in there. I'd say Chuck was actually trying to save it, taking Fey out of the equation.

I agree, I kinda like how the Morgan guy handled it. "Masturbation material" takes an awkward situation that involves saying something crude about either his coworker/boss or a popular politician and makes it about him. It's self-effacing. The implied "who would you rather. . . ?" assumes that either Fey or Palin would automatically have sex with him (or Kenny or Charles) if they just asked, which makes him look like a complete jackass if he doesn't divert attention to himself like he did.

Eindar
01-28-2011, 12:51 PM
This is not Tracy's fault:

1. Tracy not only has a reputation for saying crazy things, he also has a HISTORY of saying inappropriate things on live television:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DOhKrL5DB1Y" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

2. TNT, if they were concerned, should have required the guys to stick to a script, more or less. If anyone is to blame for this, it's Charles and Kenny, as stated previously.

3. Tracy Morgan is paid to be funny, and that statement was funny. It's not his fault that some people have no sense of humor. Further, I'm sure some percentage people complaining are supporting Sarah Palin in some part because they agree with Tracy.

At any rate, I support Tracy Morgan, and TNT should be apologizing for themselves, not for Tracy Morgan.

DocHolliday
01-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Geez, treat it like a tampon, erectile dysfunction or other awkward commercial and move on ASAP. Simple enough?

OMG THINK OF THE KIDS--VIRGIN EYES AND EARS NOW BESMIRCHED FOREVERMORE!:rolleyes:

Lord Helmet
01-28-2011, 01:07 PM
People are way too uptight in this country.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
People are way too uptight in this country.

I use to hate hearing about the "good old days" from my elders, but compared to today's society, I grew up in the "good old days." I truly miss those "good old days." Gone With The Wind was the 1st time I ever heard profanity in a movie. I quit watching a movie the other night b/c of the constant use of the F word. I guess that just makes me too uptight.

Basketball Fan
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I use to hate hearing about the "good old days" from my elders, but compared to today's society, I grew up in the "good old days." I truly miss those "good old days." Gone With The Wind was the 1st time I ever heard profanity in a movie. I quit watching a movie the other night b/c of the constant use of the F word. I guess that just makes me too uptight.

I can understand that in a lot of ways I'd be considered conservative I don't drink, smoke etc but you shouldn't apologize for having standards of what you deem is approrpriate.

If anything its the hypocrisy of it all its okay to show a ton of violence but flash a boob its the end of the world?

I don't get that to be honest.

Trader Joe
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Also, I'd hit it. Just sayin'.

Lord Helmet
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah.

I just don't find it that big of a deal with a few curse words now and then. Everyone has their threshold though. There are far worse things you see on TV that aren't censored than someone saying "masturbation."

Justin Tyme
01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Basketball Fan;1148030]

I can understand that in a lot of ways I'd be considered conservative I don't drink, smoke etc /QUOTE]

You pretty much described me.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
My problem is with Basketball analysts asking a loaded non-basketball question of an invited comedian.

As far as having a problem with my 10 year old seeing it...I have a 15 year old son and an 11 year old daughter and have been in may situations where something inappropriate was said on a show or by someone around no matter how hard I tried to protect them. When that happened/happens I choose to not draw attention to it or make a huge deal out of it. If they bring it up then it is an excellent avenue for an open appropriate discussion about subject matter that's not a topic of day to day conversation.

Yo Go TuPac!!!

vapacersfan
01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
I think we, as a society, have become way too uptight.

Yes, it was a stupid comment (though funny) and even stupider question. You could replace stupid with inappropriate and it still works.

However, kids will hear/see a lot worse. Like others have said, if nothing else it is a great teaching moment.

Then again, I also have no problem with profanity. Though I will turn a show off it it gets to the point of annoyance (I did the other day with a show that kept throwing out random cuss words and cutting down people of every race.)

That said, this falls on TNT. You donot bring Tracey Morgan on and not expect him to say something that might ruffle a few feathers.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2011, 02:18 PM

I feel ya on that. Im kind of a hypocrite I guess

I drink and smoke, I workout

but I dont curse

Edit: I have cursed at Jim a couple times though, dont know if I should feel bad about that or proud

Trader Joe
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Freud would probably say the only reason anyone would have a problem with it is if they have used Palin as their "masturbation material" as well.

Also, if anyone had half a brain they could have just played it off as referring to does Tina Fey do a better Sarah Palin impression than even Sarah Palin...

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Freud would probably say the only reason anyone would have a problem with it is if they have used Palin as their "masturbation material" as well.

LOL

This dude at my old job went on and on about how "hot" he thought she was

pizza guy
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
The fault lies with Kenny for asking the question. Everyone knows that Morgan is a comedian who plays on racism, sex, and crude humor. Choosing him to be on an NBA pre-game show was dumb in the first place. He has his place, and that's simply not it. For a league that cares so much about image, you'd think they would've considered this beforehand. But, Kenny has been on camera for years, and he should know better than to ask such a question.

The reaction on here is interesting. It shows a double standard in our country. We want to laugh at these types of things, but we also want to condemn them. Some of us think it's too uptight of people to react like this, and others think it's detestable to allow it. Why is it "too uptight" to expect people to be considerate of things that would offend others? Why is there such backlash to an apology after something is said that offended people?

All that said, it was clearly tasteless of Kenny to ask the question and for Morgan to answer the way he did. Whether you thought it was funny or offensive, it shows a complete lack of judgment and discretion. Everyone has their own sense of humor, and when you're on a national stage where you know there are children watching, I think you should know where to draw a line.

vapacersfan
01-28-2011, 04:02 PM
The reaction on here is interesting. It shows a double standard in our country. We want to laugh at these types of things, but we also want to condemn them. Some of us think it's too uptight of people to react like this, and others think it's detestable to allow it. Why is it "too uptight" to expect people to be considerate of things that would offend others? Why is there such backlash to an apology after something is said that offended people?

I am not sure if that was directed at me, but I have no problem with people getting "offended".

My personal opinion, however, if that we as a society have become to politically correct. We get mad at words like "masturbation" and "boobs", but I am going to guess most kids who had tv/radio access have seen or heard these words before.

Now you can argue the appropriate age for when they should be introduced to these things, but that would be a political discussion I do not care to get into.

avoidingtheclowns
01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm stunned something "controversial" came from the mouth of a man who can attribute most of his success to Tourette's Syndrome.

Also, I'd like to see if I could spend 48hrs in Vegas with Chuck and Tracy and live to tell about it.

Trophy
01-28-2011, 04:21 PM
People go way too overboard and so many people are getting in trouble for minor things.

He wasn't making any kind of political statements about Palin. He was just mentioning Palin as a person and it really wasn't insulting.

pizza guy
01-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I am not sure if that was directed at me, but I have no problem with people getting "offended".

My personal opinion, however, if that we as a society have become to politically correct. We get mad at words like "masturbation" and "boobs", but I am going to guess most kids who had tv/radio access have seen or heard these words before.

Now you can argue the appropriate age for when they should be introduced to these things, but that would be a political discussion I do not care to get into.

No, it wasn't really directed at anyone.

Political correctness has gone too far, I agree. Every disagreement turns into a political correctness discussion, and it's actually the largest obstacle to good debate (in multiple forums: sports, politics, etc).

Discussion of adult topics like sex, masturbation, and such is everywhere, and yes kids hear it at an early age. That doesn't mean they should hear it, of course. My kids watch Nickelodeon all the time, and on a handful of their shows, I've heard them say "boobs." I can't say that it bothers me all that much, but I know there are people it does bother, and it surprises me that it's done. All the same, you have to consider the forum and audience. Kenny and Morgan failed to consider those things properly, in my opinion.

vapacersfan
01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
No, it wasn't really directed at anyone.

Political correctness has gone too far, I agree. Every disagreement turns into a political correctness discussion, and it's actually the largest obstacle to good debate (in multiple forums: sports, politics, etc).

Discussion of adult topics like sex, masturbation, and such is everywhere, and yes kids hear it at an early age. That doesn't mean they should hear it, of course. My kids watch Nickelodeon all the time, and on a handful of their shows, I've heard them say "boobs." I can't say that it bothers me all that much, but I know there are people it does bother, and it surprises me that it's done. All the same, you have to consider the forum and audience. Kenny and Morgan failed to consider those things properly, in my opinion.

They should be calling them "breasticles" to be PC :-p

I was not aware you had kids....for some reason I assumed you were 17 or 18. Anways, I agree 100% with you.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I drink and smoke, but I dont curse

LOL! I'm just the opposite.

xBulletproof
01-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I find Tracy Morgan as funny as watching grass grow, but what's the issue? I really only know him as the horribly bad host on Scare Tactics and as a guy who makes jokes on movies I never find funny, or even chuckle at .... but this .... I laughed at.

Goodness America, really?

croz24
01-28-2011, 05:18 PM
not sure what's wrong with what he said or even how what he said could be considered "nsfw"

righteouscool
01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
There are much bigger issues in the world then what he said. You'd think people went straight from birth to adults. When I was a young kid I knew what masturbation was and cursed like a sailor when my parents weren't around. Your kids know more then you think they do or then they let on.