PDA

View Full Version : The Danny Granger appreciation thread

Trophy
01-28-2011, 12:13 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Da6tIOSCS8I" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7KFh2lRM9cg" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PelEqWdn64g" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n9DOr7oIHQo" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

It's hard to believe this was less than a year ago and there's a bunch of things Danny's did then that he's not doing now.

His shooting form is completely different and he didn't rush his shot.

Despite another poor Pacers season and a poor season from Danny, I'm still proud to have him as a Pacer both as a player and person.

The future of Danny and Paul is going to be amazing and something that's not going to be easy for teams to stop.

Shade
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
I look forward to seeing if Danny can regain his old form under a competent coach.

LA_Confidential
01-28-2011, 12:35 AM
I look forward to watching Danny perform when we finally get another reliable scorer and he is no longer the lone option.

graphic-er
01-28-2011, 12:55 AM
whats this poor season talk? i mean its only half done.

Trader Joe
01-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't like the thread title. I thought we had made a trade or something.

Trophy
01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
whats this poor season talk? i mean its only half done.

No doubt we can still turn it around, but at this point, we've looked the same for the past 5 years.

The team is better than anything we've had here since we last made the playoffs in 2006.

A new coach with a fair, comfortable system that suits the core guys would be huge for us.

Trophy
01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't like the thread title. I thought we had made a trade or something.

Why?

graphic-er
01-28-2011, 01:32 AM
It's hard to believe this was less than a year ago and there's a bunch of things Danny's did then that he's not doing now.

His shooting form is completely different and he didn't rush his shot.

This is Interesting, So you don't think Danny could go out and drop 40 this year? He had 36 just a week ago against the Clippers.

I think I recall him saying this year that he actually went back to his shooting form from when he was an all-star, and the in the 09-10 season he switched it up because of his foot issue.

I think its been neat to watch his game develop and to watch how defenses have adjusted. In his all-star year, his game was much more about coming off of screens and getting into the lane for a pull up jumper. You seen the game winner he had in Phoenix he set the screen for the decoy to start the play and then pushed off Nash (who got caught watching the paint dry) to get open for the 3. That was a really well designed play.

Last year, he was more of a spot up shooter due to the foot injury, he lost alot of lift and it showed as he was getting blocked on those same type of mid-range jumpers he would nail the year before. He was also getting double teamed every time he got the ball last year.

This year is hard to measure, I wonder if the foot injury took away some of his lift permanently, because he still gets some of those easy jumpers swatted. I mean Dorell Wright got one on him last week. Needs to incorporate a pump fake or a look fake or something.

Undoubted he is going to pick up his game in the 2nd half of the season just like the last 2 years. I just hope Jim can get him away from the ISOs and run more plays to get him open.

One thing I noticed over the last 2 seasons just how little game winners Granger has actually taken. Its very low I think. Last year TJ Ford was taking those final shots. 2 years ago Jack getting alot of game winner attempts. This year Posey seesm to be getting the final opportunities. To me this is a travesty. I think Danny had one this year, and Mike was able to tip it in.

The Jackson shimmy
01-28-2011, 06:58 AM
But, he's no Gordon Hayward....

BringJackBack
01-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Danny isn't having a bad season. He has a usual slump in the middle of Dec-end of January, and then he goes on a complete tear throughout the rest of the season. Didn't he average like 21 points last year around this time? Anyways, he has already started to have a lot of 27-30 point games out of our last 7 or so games.

We really need to get him some help since we're going on Bird's route and supporting Danny by putting guys around him. He's a good soldier, and he's been suffering too long. Get him a surrounding cast.

Trophy
01-28-2011, 08:40 AM
This is Interesting, So you don't think Danny could go out and drop 40 this year? He had 36 just a week ago against the Clippers.

I think I recall him saying this year that he actually went back to his shooting form from when he was an all-star, and the in the 09-10 season he switched it up because of his foot issue.

I think its been neat to watch his game develop and to watch how defenses have adjusted. In his all-star year, his game was much more about coming off of screens and getting into the lane for a pull up jumper. You seen the game winner he had in Phoenix he set the screen for the decoy to start the play and then pushed off Nash (who got caught watching the paint dry) to get open for the 3. That was a really well designed play.

Last year, he was more of a spot up shooter due to the foot injury, he lost alot of lift and it showed as he was getting blocked on those same type of mid-range jumpers he would nail the year before. He was also getting double teamed every time he got the ball last year.

This year is hard to measure, I wonder if the foot injury took away some of his lift permanently, because he still gets some of those easy jumpers swatted. I mean Dorell Wright got one on him last week. Needs to incorporate a pump fake or a look fake or something.

Undoubted he is going to pick up his game in the 2nd half of the season just like the last 2 years. I just hope Jim can get him away from the ISOs and run more plays to get him open.

One thing I noticed over the last 2 seasons just how little game winners Granger has actually taken. Its very low I think. Last year TJ Ford was taking those final shots. 2 years ago Jack getting alot of game winner attempts. This year Posey seesm to be getting the final opportunities. To me this is a travesty. I think Danny had one this year, and Mike was able to tip it in.

I'm not looking to call out Danny or say what he will and will not do this year. I made this thread to appreciate how much a guy like Danny means to this franchise.

I still think he'll score above 30 points once he gets back to his regular self.

PacersAllDay
01-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Danny had so many good looks with Troy Murphy spacing the court. Beautiful basketball.