PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis available?

BornReady#6
01-27-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-27/rashard-lewis-again-mentioned-in-trade-speculation

Rashard Lewis, who was traded from the Orlando Magic to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Gilbert Arenas in December, is already finding himself at the center of trade rumors. ESPN.com wrote that despite Lewis’ hefty contract, "for a team a little closer to competing in the playoffs, he might be worth the risk -- at least, that's what the Wizards are hoping."
There’s no doubt Washington will have a difficult time finding a team willing to take on Lewis’ contract. He’s due to make $21 million next season and has a partially guaranteed contract for 2012-13 that will pay him a minimum of $10 million.

Would you take this trade?

Pacers get: Lewis, Blatche, Kevin Seraphin, wizards 1st round unprotected pick 2011.

DC, AJ, Lance
Brandon, Mike, Dahntay
Paul, Rashard, Posey
Tyler, Blatche, Seraphin,
Roy, McBob

2 1st rounder , wizards are projected at 5, us at 9 right now.
Wizards get Granger, Foster, Ford, our 2-2nd rounders. Or it could end like this lottery machine I just did where we get 1st pick, and wizards get 6 (Kyrie and Harrison Barnes) that would be freaking sweet.

Wizards get: Danny, TJ, foster, and 2 2nd rounders.

Wall, Ford, Shakur
Young, Hinrich, Cartier Martin
Granger, Thorton, Howard
Foster, Yi, Ndiaye
McGee, Booker, Armstrong

Psyren
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't be real interested in it.

Lewis is old.
Blatche is a headcase.
Seraphin is just ok.
I'm only mildly interested in the 1st rounder if it's unprotected.

Plus, we'd have absolutely no scorers. Lewis is not a dominant scorer. We wouldn't be any better with that deal.

I'm not keen on trading my best player + 2 expirers and not getting any better.

graphic-er
01-27-2011, 09:23 PM
NO THANK YOU! I don't want the wizard's rejects. There is a reason why Lewis is being traded, and its because he only knows how to play one way after playing with with Howard for so many years.

CircleCity3318
01-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Were just about to be financially to make moves, why would we went to get in another large hole with Lewis and his pedestrian numbers? No thank you

pwee31
01-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I take Danny over Rashard every day of the week.

If his contract weren't so big, he would be intriguing if he could be gotten for an expiring contract, but his contract is crazy

BRushWithDeath
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
If you could get the Wizards unprotected first round pick for Danny Granger, you do it before they realize how stupid they are. But you can't.

xIndyFan
01-27-2011, 09:35 PM
odds are the wiz would give lewis to the pacers for james posey and whatever expiring contract made the numbers match. they will be desperate to get rid of that contract.

pwee31
01-27-2011, 09:37 PM
odds are the wiz would give lewis to the pacers for james posey and whatever expiring contract made the numbers match. they will be desperate to get rid of that contract.

A little more intriguing :laugh:

Gamble1
01-27-2011, 09:58 PM
For this draft I wouldn't trade up or trade for a pick at all. This year top 5 is just about as good as last years 15th pick.

There is easier ways to rebuild folks and it starts with the coach not Danny.

Edit: I just had this thought that really speaks volumes to keeping Danny. Do you think any proven coach would chose a pacer team without Danny but 2 top 10 rookies in this draft? Danny greatly enhances our ability to make a good hire this off season IMO.

Justin Tyme
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Just one time I'd like to see a legit trade where one of the players the Pacers are trading is Stephenson. I cringe when I think of him ever playing for the Pacers let alone listed as their #3 PG.

Shade
01-27-2011, 10:07 PM
NO

Gamble1
01-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Just one time I'd like to see a legit trade where one of the players the Pacers are trading is Stephenson. I cringe when I think of him ever playing for the Pacers let alone listed as their #3 PG.
I think any fan has that one player on their team that they wish never touched the floor. If Lance is that guy for you then I am cool with it. For me its Posey do to how the coach uses him.

Merz
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
If you could get the Wizards unprotected first round pick for Danny Granger, you do it before they realize how stupid they are. But you can't.

I 100% agree...

...with anyone who disagrees with that. Taking on the contract of Rashard Lewis so you can get a 1st in this draft is not a very good move.

Pacersalltheway10
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
For this draft I wouldn't trade up or trade for a pick at all. This year top 5 is just about as good as last years 15th pick.

There is easier ways to rebuild folks and it starts with the coach not Danny.

Edit: I just had this thought that really speaks volumes to keeping Danny. Do you think any proven coach would chose a pacer team without Danny but 2 top 10 rookies in this draft? Danny greatly enhances our ability to make a good hire this off season IMO.

Kyrie Irving, Perry jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Larry Sanders.

CableKC
01-27-2011, 10:20 PM
You had me at "No" once I saw his contract.

oxxo
01-27-2011, 10:21 PM
No way would I do that trade.

Trophy
01-27-2011, 10:22 PM
No way would we trade Danny for him.

vnzla81
01-27-2011, 10:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x-QzVEfGK34/SN0jHUi0DPI/AAAAAAAAAQc/NBEhwYzwF6k/s400/hell+no.bmp

Gamble1
01-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Kyrie Irving, Perry jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Larry Sanders.
I ain't bettin the farm on it. Seriously Perry Jones. If that's your second pick I am very sorry.

BornReady#6
01-27-2011, 10:29 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5826042

Same people who dont want old over paid lewis are the same ones wanting Old over paid David West who is exactly 1 year 3 weeks younger than Lewis. If Indiana was offered this trade and didnt take it, they are idiots, and so are the fans. 2 1st, blatche ,Seraphin and Lewis for Danny gonners? At worst case scenario is plays a great 6th man role for us until the end of next season, then is a great trade asset after next season. He only has 2 years left. To bad you guys dont wanna be a good team.

xBulletproof
01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
This is flat out the worst idea I've ever read on here.

O'Braindead
01-27-2011, 10:36 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RA06Z5e1ZFc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

beast23
01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Heck, they just acquired Lewis, didn't they?

What, it took them all of a month or month and a half to figure out just how stupid they are. They are stuck with Lewis for the next 2 years (22M and 24M).

If we were trading with the Wiz, I would rather have Hinrich. Heck of a PG and can play SG with a great perimeter shot. And, would have an expiring contract next year to boot.

Taking on Lewis for the Pacers would mean no cap space this summer. The Pacers significant opportunity for improvement is due to their summer 2011 cap space, not 1 or 2 extra draft choices.

If the Pacers really wanted extra draft choices and they really believed that a couple extra draft choices can improve the team, they will be able to purchase as many as they want before the draft at 2M-3M apiece.

beast23
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM

Same people who dont want old over paid lewis are the same ones wanting Old over paid David West who is exactly 1 year 3 weeks younger than Lewis. If Indiana was offered this trade and didnt take it, they are idiots, and so are the fans. 2 1st, blatche ,Seraphin and Lewis for Danny gonners? At worst case scenario is plays a great 6th man role for us until the end of next season, then is a great trade asset after next season. He only has 2 years left. To bad you guys dont wanna be a good team.Hello. David West addresses a position of need.

Can you spell T-W-E-N-T-Y M-I-L-L-I-O-N D-O-L-L-A-R-S ?

If I may steal JOB's favorite word: Considering $20M, age is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

beast23
01-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I ain't bettin the farm on it. Seriously Perry Jones. If that's your second pick I am very sorry.Well, let's don't go that far. Jones will easily be one of the top 5 picks in the draft. I think most would bet that Jones will end up being the player Bender was supposed to be.

beast23
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
This is flat out the worst idea I've ever read on here.Yep. I'd rate it right up there with any idea that involved JOB as next year's coach.

Merz
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM

Same people who dont want old over paid lewis are the same ones wanting Old over paid David West who is exactly 1 year 3 weeks younger than Lewis. If Indiana was offered this trade and didnt take it, they are idiots, and so are the fans. 2 1st, blatche ,Seraphin and Lewis for Danny gonners? At worst case scenario is plays a great 6th man role for us until the end of next season, then is a great trade asset after next season. He only has 2 years left. To bad you guys dont wanna be a good team.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. They are not idiots. This trade is not nearly as good as you think it is. I want at least one GUARANTEED asset for Granger with picks added to it (depending on the asset). Their are no guarantees here.

Lewis has one of the worst contracts in the league and becomes nothing but JOB's new stretch 4. Blatche's game is the game of a career loser. Seraphin and the picks could all end up being nothing of significance. This is an incredibly weak draft.

I personally don't care about West.

People can disagree with out being idiots.

xBulletproof
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM

Some people can't seem to understand, Blatche is a freaking nut job. The guy doesn't get it, and isn't likely to get it. You're probably doing them a favor getting him away from their young guys.

Second, this draft isn't going to be top notch. Irving probably isn't leaving school, as one Duke player in their history I believe has left after his Freshman year. I believe the other day they said Sullinger's plan was to go to school for 2 years, and they haven't seen anything out of him to make them believe otherwise. Who knows how many other guys will be scared off by the risk of a lockout. So that's one pick that is 'meh'. The other pick is required by league rules to be in 2013. By that time who's to say the Wizards don't have Wall, Young, McGee and Granger, then draft Sullinger in 2012. Then that 2013 draft pick ends up in the middle of the 1st round.

So you've essentially traded Granger for a high pick in a crappy draft, a mid round 1st pick, and a head case signed for several years to go along with the most overpaid player in the NBA.

David West will probably make HALF ... HALF of the money that Rashard Lewis will make over the next 3 years. I'm not even that high on getting David West, if you'd like to go through my post history. However Rashard Lewis would be a nightmare. He and Blatche would essentially eat up all of our cap space and we'd be banking on those 2 picks to elevate us to contender status alone, because we'd be stuck with that roster for years.

Ugh.

beast23
01-28-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry but you are wrong...

People can disagree with out being idiots.

A truer statement has never been made. Take the posters that disagree with me, for instance. They aren't idiots; they are just horribly, terribly, inexplicably misguided.

XBulletproof:
Some people can't seem to understand, Blatche is a freaking nut job

As for Blatche, your point would be so much easier to remember if his name were Biatche... that way no one would want him on their team.

Pacerized
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Lewis should have negative trade value. It's a matter of what you should get to take on his contract. The only way I'd want Lewis is in a package that would throw in McGee and Danny would not be part of any such package.

MyFavMartin
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Washington doesn't throw in their 1st rounder this year. They're essentially a lock for a top 6 pick, which the top 6 picks of the draft (most likely, considering who comes out) will likely be very good... There's some good PFs in that group and Washington is 1 young PF from having their core of the future: Wall, Young, Thornton, X, and McGee. (Thornton might not be, but wing spot is the easiest to address.)

Rashard isn't better than Danny. He doesn't play defense much and is $20 million. He's not a leader, either.

Blatche is crap.

I don't want to blow our cap space for this trade and I like Danny.

pacergod2
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Lewis should have negative trade value. It's a matter of what you should get to take on his contract. The only way I'd want Lewis is in a package that would throw in McGee and Danny would not be part of any such package.

The only way I would even consider this is to send them expiring contracts of Dunleavy, Ford and Solo for Lewis and McGee (and probably $3M in cash).

Even then, I really dislike Lewis's fit on this team. Would he play 3 or 4? We have Granger at 3 and Hibbert and McGee both would need bulkier PF's next to them. Rashard would be a nightmare and we would turn into a team that shot 60 three's per game. I don't think Granger could handle playing the two that much defensively in order to insert a PF in the lineup. We would be long with Granger, Lewis, McGee, and Hibbert though. That move just makes our roster a little more redundant than I would like. I would say no thanks, but I do like McGee.

vnzla81
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Give me Lewis and Wall for Danny and Dunleavy and we have a deal ;)