PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Darren Collison

Sookie
01-27-2011, 05:47 PM
"Everybody has to look in the mirror, myself included, and do more with their responsibilities,'' Collison said. "We tried to do our assignments and follow through with them. We've got to have a better and stronger rotation.''

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110127/SPORTS04/101270406/1062/SPORTS04/Magic-beat-Pacers-111-96-extend-losing-streak-6

Look, I've seen Roy and AJ hold themselves accountable for losses. And I've seen Dun, Granger, and JOB point their fingers at everyone else. I don't know what is said behind closed doors, but I do know, that's the first time I've seen a Pacers player hold themselves accountable, and demand it from others as well, publically. Something that I've been shocked hasn't happened in the two seasons I've seen.

Darren shouldn't be shoved in the leadership role. He's a second year player, six months onto his new team. This should be Danny, Dun, Foster, or JOB's job. But good for Darren. Hopefully he gets some help in the leadership department because it shouldn't all be on him.

Trophy
01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
You can tell the players are annoyed with O'Brien and it's hurting our team.

It's unfortunate it's come down to this.

BillS
01-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Would pointing out that Darren probably meant "defensive rotation" not "substitutional rotation" be laughed off as stupid?

Sookie
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Would pointing out that Darren probably meant "defensive rotation" not "substitutional rotation" be laughed off as stupid?

That's what I assumed it was.

I was reffering to him making the best public "leadership statement" I've seen from a Pacer.

Spirit
01-27-2011, 06:10 PM
This is what we need from our point guard. I'm glad he is outspoken about our problems.

Unclebuck
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
You can tell the players are annoyed with O'Brien and it's hurting our team.

It's unfortunate it's come down to this.

how can you tell.

I see frustration from the losing and from things not going well and teammates not playing well

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Something I would expect from a true point guard. LEADERSHIP!!! Something we've lacked since Mark Jackson was running the show.

Since86
01-28-2011, 12:38 PM
how can you tell.

I see frustration from the losing and from things not going well and teammates not playing well

Oh come on. And you say you're the defender of the defendable.......?

You're telling me that you don't see one ounce of frustration towards Jim, but it's just the losing?

Give me a break.

Peck
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Actually in this case I don't see this as a comment at or about O'Brien at all.

I think this purely was a "we need to look in the mirror" type statement.

However when he say's all, I think that should mean all up to and including Bird.

pizza guy
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Thank you, DC, indeed. Sookie mentioned that DC shouldn't be forced into this role because he's young and we've got some vets that should do it. But, we've always known that Danny and Dun are not real team leaders. Some guys are naturally leaders, and DC appears to have that knack. Good for him, and good for the Pacers to find him. The more I watch him play, and hear him talk, the more I expect from him in his career. I think Bird absolutely nailed that trade, not only because Murphy is gone, but because of the quality player and person that DC is.

jeffg-body
01-28-2011, 06:31 PM
The more I see and hear from DC the more I like this kid.

daschysta
01-28-2011, 07:34 PM
He'll be a really nice player in the future, leadership is so important out of the 1. It's great to see him showing some of those leadership qualities early. He's our future at that position. Sometimes I forget he's only a second year player, but when was the last time one of our players was named all rookie first team? Mark Jackson?