PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Rush Out 2 Weeks w/ Ankle Injury

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 02:09 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA/status/30703469178388480

Rush is expected to be out about 2 weeks with an ankle injury

Should open up a roster spot for either McRoberts or Lance.

Trader Joe
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
More Paul George time.

Sparhawk
01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Would love to see what Lance can do.

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Would love to see what Lance can do.

My guess is that we see more of Posey. I don't mean that as a joke in any way either. I just don't see O'Brien using that roster spot to get Lance playing time. I could see Paul George getting more minutes and Posey now seeing more time at the 3 than at the 4, with McRoberts coming off the inactive list and getting more PT at the backup 4 position.

k_lewis93
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I really hope George starts now and they bring Lance in. Please just give the kid a chance. What if they give him a chance and he breaks out because he knows he has got to prove himself and he goes off. WHAT IF. Don't know until you try. We obviously suck anyways so let him see a few games and if he isn't good then we know.

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
I really hope George starts now and they bring Lance in. Please just give the kid a chance. What if they give him a chance and he breaks out because he knows he has got to prove himself and he goes off. WHAT IF. Don't know until you try. We obviously suck anyways so let him see a few games and if he isn't good then we know.

My buddy and I were talking about this after the game last night.

On one hand you have to think, maybe they don't want to play him until his court hearing plays out because what if they play him, he does great, fans start swooning over him, and then BOOM he's convicted of a crime or even jailed?

Another way of looking at it is, why not play him NOW to build up his value that way he's actually looked at as a valuable trade chip at the deadline? That way if he is convicted of something, he's someone else's problem at that point.

Speed
01-27-2011, 02:38 PM
More Dahntay Jones, more likely.

CircleCity3318
01-27-2011, 02:42 PM

More D Jones? You mean some D Jones?

JB24
01-27-2011, 02:42 PM
3 wing rotation, just as we started the season out with. Not complaining, as it'll mean more time for PG.

Sparhawk
01-27-2011, 02:55 PM

I completely forgot about D Jones. haha

I'd love to see PG start next to Granger.

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 03:00 PM
At the risk of sounding completely insensitive to Brandon's injury, this couldn't have been timed much worse. With the trade deadline looming less than a month away, the last thing we need is for the guys who could potentially be traded to be injured.

CableKC
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to keep BRush as a future part of the core.

ECKrueger
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to keep BRush as a future part of the core.

I agree with this, but I understand he will probably be a good choice as filler in a trade.

CableKC
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree with this, but I understand he will probably be a good choice as filler in a trade.
Unfortunately, I agree.....but my hope is that we can keep him. :pray:

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
If we are going to make a trade to bring in a quality starter, we're likely going to have to give up an expiring + a young piece. I'd rather give up Rush than PG or AJ, and no one is going to value Lance as much as Rush.

Psyren
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I hate to give up on Rush, but it's been 3 years, and he's not improved yet. How long exactly do we plan on waiting for him to actually do something? I know his contract is (relatively) cheap, but still. 3 years and minimal improvement. I'm tired of waiting on him to do something.

I agree it'll probably be Josh or Dahntay off the bench, but I sure would like to see Lance. However, I agree the Pacers are probably still waiting on the court hearing before they let him play and (maybe) go off.

focused444
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
At the risk of sounding completely insensitive to Brandon's injury, this couldn't have been timed much worse. With the trade deadline looming less than a month away, the last thing we need is for the guys who could potentially be traded to be injured.

Or it could be a blessing. I'd still like to see him in a different system before giving up on him. Unless it kills a super deal in the Pacers favor. I also think NBA GMs are used to seeing guys hurt their ankles and miss 2 weeks as opposed to injury prone players. If they're watching BRush I think they would know he's been a durable player so far in NBA.

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Or it could be a blessing. I'd still like to see him in a different system before giving up on him. Unless it kills a super deal in our favor. I also think NBA GMs are used to seeing guys hurt their ankles and miss 2 weeks as opposed to injury prone players. If they're watching BRush I think they would know he's been a durable player so far in NBA.

Good point. I just get paranoid about stuff like that :hypno:

sunsun
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I hate to give up on Rush, but it's been 3 years, and he's not improved yet. How long exactly do we plan on waiting for him to actually do something? I know his contract is (relatively) cheap, but still. 3 years and minimal improvement. I'm tired of waiting on him to do something.

I agree it'll probably be Josh or Dahntay off the bench, but I sure would like to see Lance. However, I agree the Pacers are probably still waiting on the court hearing before they let him play and (maybe) go off.

I dont think any players in this team improved so much under JOB's system and rotation...didnt improve so much may be not Rush's fault.

thewholefnshow31
01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
As TJ put it.....More Paul George time! :dance:

I have only wished injury on two people and that is KG and Rodney Harrison, but I will not complain if it takes longer for Rush to come back.

CableKC
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM

This is what I don't get.....you're asking what has BRush done?

If you are expecting him to be a Starting quality SG as the 11th pick, then you're right....you'll have to wait longer.

However, if you step back and look at what he has become and what he appears to be best suited to be..... he is a very solid 1st Wing Player that can come off the bench that has shown that he can be a very solid perimeter defender that can be counted upon to be a spot up shooter BUT ( at the same time :banghead: ) not a consistent Scorer that can automatically put up 15 ppg. He's the closest thing to a Bruce Bowen Type Player that we will ever have...and IMHO...you must have one of those Players on your Roster.

Psyren
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I dont think any players improved so much under JOB's system and rotation...didnt improve so much may be not Rush's false.

I agree except in regards to Hibbert. Hibbert drastically improved. Rush, not so much.

Well, come to think of it. that was mostly all Roy and the help of Bill Walton. JOB, as near as I could tell, did nothing but criticize Roy.

Therefore, you're correct.

However, I just think Brandon is at max potential. He is what he is, at least in my opinion.

Trophy
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
It sucks to see a key guy go down, but good for Paul to get a feel of more minutes.

xIndyFan
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
pacers have been really lucky from an injury standpoint. looks like that's ending. :shrug:

one of the nice things about a young team, less wear and tear injuries. young players are much less brittle. :)

CableKC
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Minor thing.....but I don't remember seeing BRush rolling his ankle or doing anything with his ankle during the game. When did he get it injured?

TinManJoshua
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Minor thing.....but I don't remember seeing BRush rolling his ankle or doing anything with his ankle during the game. When did he get it injured?

I didn't see anything on the floor that would've been a "that's when it happened" moment. I do remember him leaving the floor and going straight to the locker room in either the late 3rd or early 4th quarter.

JB24
01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
He was chasing Redick, who looked like he was going to shoot but elected to pass instead (via a blatant travel). Rush got up in the air to contest and landed on PG's foot awkwardly. Started limping and went right to the locker room. This was at the end of the 3rd quarter.

pwee31
01-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Yay.. more Posey!

Speed
01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_brunner.html

In Rush's absence, A.J. Price will pick up minutes at both guard positions off the bench.

Hmmmm

Sookie
01-27-2011, 08:05 PM

In Rush's absence, A.J. Price will pick up minutes at both guard positions off the bench.

Hmmmm

Saw it coming..

It probably means that JOB is going to make Josh active instead of DJones or Lance. Which isn't a bad thing, and AJ is just the 4th wing option.

But uh..yea..I hope we're playing some small shooting guards..

xIndyFan
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
i like AJ at the 3. but he is way short to play SG.

CableKC
01-27-2011, 09:28 PM

Hmmmm
Uhhh...I'm torn.....Yay...more AJ :dance:....but Boo....more episodes of "Dualing PGs" with AJ and DC. :(

The last time I saw "Dualing PGs" on TV....I didn't like that episode....it didn't work out well. There was no real plot line, it seemed like the actors were going through the motions, when one actor was doing something on the screen...the other one would just stand there doing nothing......and worst of all, the director of the show didn't have any real direction with the show....I had to turn the channel.

vnzla81
01-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice, more Dunleavy and Posey ...................... :puke:

Major Cold
01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Well that took awhile for a starter/core player to be gone for a chunk of the season. DC was only out what 4 games?