PDA

View Full Version : Potential Trades before the Deadline

rm14
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Anyone have insider for ESPN? On the NBA page right now there's the headline of "Rumor Has It" with a picture of Granger, Nash, and ZBO. Anyone have insider?

I realize it is just rumors, but there still could be merit. Yesterday Chad Ford had a chat on ESPN where he stated that we were open to trading Granger and rumor has it that if we got 2 starters back then we would pull the trigger.

Seems to be some speculation going around.

pacer4ever
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
What is Indiana looking for? Ideally it'd get a power forward and a 2-guard who can create his own shot off the dribble. It would take a pretty big package for Indiana to let go of Granger, but it sounds like, for the first time, he's no longer untouchable. ESPN.com

LucasRL13
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Randolph is playing very well in defense right now for the Knicks, and Mozgov to :laugh:

Trophy
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60789

dgranger17
01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
What is Indiana looking for? Ideally it'd get a power forward and a 2-guard who can create his own shot off the dribble. It would take a pretty big package for Indiana to let go of Granger, but it sounds like, for the first time, he's no longer untouchable. ESPN.com

Larry found him at #10

pacer4ever
01-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Larry found him at #10

ya that was just an article on espn insider i posted here.

I hope Paul plays 35mins 2mrw and run more plays for him

dgranger17
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
ya that was just an article on espn insider i posted here.

I hope Paul plays 35mins 2mrw and run more plays for him

Gotcha.... I can't wait for tomorrow. I hope Area55 and Conseco in general show up like their supposed too. Everybody wanted this, everybody got it... it's Playoff Time

pwee31
01-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I think the Pacers want a wing that can defend and create his own shot (other than Paul George)

I think they would like to add a big who can score the basketball down low aside from Hibbert. I think Hansbrough well get some looks in the post, but they would like a veteran who could do so as well.

It will depend on who's available, unfortunately none of us really know, but as Bird said, the phones are starting to heat up

PacersPride
01-30-2011, 11:57 PM
who is most likely to be traded. i think Rush is available and i would be okay with him being moved. lost faith in Rush, but now with a new coach may be willing to give him one more chance to prove he was worth a first round pick. sucks he is injured right now.

sounds like Bird is wanting to deal the expirings, and the most valuable expiring has to be Dunleavy. not really sure what Dun gets in return, okay with dealing out pick if its top 3 protected.

here is where many of you will probably disagree, but i want to see us keep foster, but i bet his value is very high right now for teams competing for the playoffs and need a big.

ford would not surprise any of us.

Really?
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
I have a feeling that we are going to be trading away a lottery pic in this years draft if we make any trades.

PacersPride
01-31-2011, 12:14 AM
I have a feeling that we are going to be trading away a lottery pic in this years draft if we make any trades.

unless its top 5, sounds like the draft is below average. where is jared sullinger projected ?

pacer4ever
01-31-2011, 12:14 AM
who is most likely to be traded. i think Rush is available and i would be okay with him being moved. lost faith in Rush, but now with a new coach may be willing to give him one more chance to prove he was worth a first round pick. sucks he is injured right now.

sounds like Bird is wanting to deal the expirings, and the most valuable expiring has to be Dunleavy. not really sure what Dun gets in return, okay with dealing out pick if its top 3 protected.

here is where many of you will probably disagree, but i want to see us keep foster, but i bet his value is very high right now for teams competing for the playoffs and need a big.

ford would not surprise any of us.

Foster to me could be our most valeable expiring. He could possibly start in Miami guys like him are very valueable to good teams

Trophy
01-31-2011, 12:16 AM
I saw Anthony Randolph was getting minutes tonight for the Knicks.

He only played 8 minutes, but got 5 rebounds and blocked a shot.

PacerGuy
01-31-2011, 12:18 AM
I can't find any "fits" out there, except for smaller pieces (Randolph).

If Houston want to "dump players" (Martin &/or Scola - both "needs" for us), then I'm not sure what is available, but that would leave them with almost nothing!

Don't see much else. Anyone?

PacersPride
01-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Foster to me could be our most valeable expiring. He could possibly start in Miami guys like him are very valueable to good teams

i think its one of those things where we are not going to get equal value in return for foster, it would have to be a package type trade. nvrtheless, i do not want to see foster traded.

the guy has 2-3 seasons left, and is valuable. what playoff team is going to give up anything of value to acquire him, we dont want their 1st, and which of them has young talent..

dunleavy is expendable, and i am a fun of dunleavy as a SF at a reasonable salary.

at this point we should keep rush, his value is low, if he gets his value up, then consider. minutes go to george.

PacersPride
01-31-2011, 12:28 AM

If Houston want to "dump players" (Martin &/or Scola - both "needs" for us), then I'm not sure what is available, but that would leave them with almost nothing!

not much, to be honest not interested in the Iggy deal anymore. his contract seems to be too much, i guess if philly would take only expirings and a first then maybe..

all im sayin is, the cap space is worth keeping, or so it would seem, in order to make sure we get the right fit.

weve waited 4 years for cap space.. why be impatient now. however, Bird sounds like he will make a move if its right.. but not much is really available that i know of either.

pacer4ever
01-31-2011, 12:32 AM
i think its one of those things where we are not going to get equal value in return for foster, it would have to be a package type trade. nvrtheless, i do not want to see foster traded.

the guy has 2-3 seasons left, and is valuable. what playoff team is going to give up anything of value to acquire him, we dont want their 1st, and which of them has young talent..

dunleavy is expendable, and i am a fun of dunleavy as a SF at a reasonable salary.

at this point we should keep rush, his value is low, if he gets his value up, then consider. minutes go to george.

I would take a 1st for Foster in a heartbeat.

PacersPride
01-31-2011, 12:54 AM

it would have to be a lottery pick, otherwise would not deal foster. and a team competing is selecting in the 20's. foster is valuable as a mentor to the younger players.

no doubt foster is a fan favorite, and fiesty has his own bobblehead, and if your privy to the bobblehead theory, than you are aware foster is not avaialble.

Gremz
01-31-2011, 06:18 AM
I'd have no idea how we'd put together a package for them, but Scola and Martin and guys I'd love to have here.

Might cost a few bananas tho, maybe just try for Luis.

Speed
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Then resign him at a bargain for next season. Really won't happen, but a 1st for losing Jeff for 2.5 months, is a pretty good deal, no matter how you stack it.

jeffg-body
02-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I think we need to be patient with this situation. There is plenty of time for negotiating possible trades. Maybe a good way to get a closer look at potential players to trade for is at the all star weekend. If we can pull off some wins before the break maybe tptb would have some more motivation to pull a trade, as long as it is a good trade on our side with no albatros contracts.

Skaut_Ech
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM

I honestly don't think it takes much more than a good coach who knows what he's doing and not trying to fit square pegs in round holes, like JOB. That being the scenario, in my mind, it may be a "smaller pieces" fit that goes a long way.

I think there are some potentially explosive players sitting on other team's benches who could have an impact for us at low cost. A few of my pet favs I've been keeping an eye on:

Dominique Jones: This guy has all around game, although he needs to work on his three point shot. He's an aggressive slasher on O and actually puts in work on D. It's a shame he's buried behind a gluts on the Mav's bench, cause I think the kid will explode when he gets some regular PT.

Trevor Booker: I think his skill set could really compliment Hibbert's game. I should say, the way Hibbert's game SHOULD be, with proper coaching.

Glen Davis: His name has been rumored for trades and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Okay, I have some more, but I gotta run for now.

pwee31
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I know we need a PF, but I would like to see how Hansbrough and McRoberts hold down that position. You obviously don't pass on a deal for a good player, that will help you out, but I would like to see how they fare leading up to the deadline.

I still think a dominant wing is at the top of my list even with Paul George and Granger. Even though George is coming into his own, I would like to get another good wing and athletic wing to add to them.

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Heres my stance on SG/SF issue; We need George and Granger to play 30-36 minutes a game (George off the bench though). We should get a starting SG and start him and primarily go with a three wing tandem. Here's an example:

X (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)
Granger (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)

Give or take a couple of minutes from whatever player due to matchups/shooting streaks and that sounds good to me. Unfortunately, on most nights, that leaves no room for Rush/Jones/Stephenson/Mike though depending on who's still here or not.

Onto the PF/C spot; I'm fine riding the season out with our four bigs, but eventually down the road we are going to need to upgrade the PF position and get an All-Star caliber type guy down there to help Hibbert out. Hans/Josh is a very good stop-gap solution (Even though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a Big Baby Davis or Carl Landry to take care of that with more effectiveness) to get the job done until we get the power forward of our dreams though.

Justin Tyme
02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I still think a dominant wing is at the top of my list even with Paul George and Granger.

The dominant part left Rush out rather quickly.

I feel the PF is still the primary position of need. The Pacers need a good quality starting PF. One that could give Hibbert b/u minutes would be just what the doctor ordered.

LA_Confidential
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Heres my stance on SG/SF issue; We need George and Granger to play 30-36 minutes a game (George off the bench though). We should get a starting SG and start him and primarily go with a three wing tandem. Here's an example:

X (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)
Granger (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)

Give or take a couple of minutes from whatever player due to matchups/shooting streaks and that sounds good to me. Unfortunately, on most nights, that leaves no room for Rush/Jones/Stephenson/Mike though depending on who's still here or not.

Onto the PF/C spot; I'm fine riding the season out with our four bigs, but eventually down the road we are going to need to upgrade the PF position and get an All-Star caliber type guy down there to help Hibbert out. Hans/Josh is a very good stop-gap solution (Even though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a Big Baby Davis or Carl Landry to take care of that with more effectiveness) to get the job done until we get the power forward of our dreams though.

I Agree with this 100%, not so much about the PF situation. I dont really want Landry or Big Baby. I feel that if we are gonna overpay for a big then they better have earned every penny of the deal.

Deadshot
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Bill Simmons just posted this scenario on his Twitter:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4jdzwvj

cdash
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

I saw that. Really ****ing stupid trade.

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
LOL nice try Simmons.

Young
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM

No way!

Bynum is injury prone of a player as there is. Plus he is a terrible fit with Roy.

I am not opposed to trading Danny to get a big man (I still think Derrick Favors would be good) but no way would I want any part of Bynum.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for the Lakers either. If I was them i'd roll the dice with Bynum. If he can just be healthy for the playoffs that increases their chances at another championship. Danny is good but not a good fit on the Lakers. JMO.

LA_Confidential
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Very stupid and crippling for both franchises.

pujhutt50
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4plmbvm

Starting Lineup:

PG: Collison
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Paul George
PF: Luis Scola
C: Hibbert

AJ Price/Lance Backup PG
Rush/Dunleavy/George can rotate between the SF and SG backup minutes
Hans/McRoberts filling in the PF/C backup spots

Thoughts? I think this would be a very competitive team. George and Martin can both create and shoot, Hibbert and Scola would be great in the post, and Collison obviously leading at the point.

We may have to throw in our first this year, but I would be open to that.

yoadknux
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4plmbvm

Starting Lineup:

PG: Collison
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Paul George
PF: Luis Scola
C: Hibbert

AJ Price/Lance Backup PG
Rush/Dunleavy/George can rotate between the SF and SG backup minutes
Hans/McRoberts filling in the PF/C backup spots

Thoughts? I think this would be a very competitive team. George and Martin can both create and shoot, Hibbert and Scola would be great in the post, and Collison obviously leading at the point.

We may have to throw in our first this year, but I would be open to that.
great team, bad trade for rockets though :rolleyes:

PacersPride
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Would rather have the cap space than take back gauaranteed money. the new CBA will have an affect on whether the cap space will be of some benefit to us.

were gonna have problems getting guys minutes at the SG and PF. George needs to be getting 28 minutes, and what about Rush if he improves under a new coach.

I dont really think we need a SG, we should let George develop, and go from there. The pacers are in a great position in that we do not really need to be forced into making any trades.

Dunleavy, Foster, Posey, Ford, Solo.. all can walk and it will be okay with me. Would like to deal Posey to get his cash off the books for next season.

any contenders who might take on Poseys contract?

PacersPride
02-01-2011, 06:09 PM
if were looking to compete now i would make a play on Iggy, and then West over the offseason.

If Philly were willing to get creative with us, take Iggy, Brand, 1st rounder-unprotected, in exchange for Dunleavy, Posey, Rush, Ford..

i know they wouldnt do it.. but its the only way i take on Brands contract.

croz24
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
honestly, i'd trade anything but george or hibbert to acquire eric gordon. even if that meant dealing granger and taking back davis. i'm confident that george can step in and be a more efficient player than granger in the next 2 years at the sf position. and gordon is better than granger right now at just 22yrs old. i understand that our pf position isn't exactly elite, but when it comes to winning nba titles, history says you do not need an elite player at pf (duncan is a center). the pacers greater need is a player who can create for himself, get to the line, and take games over in crunch time.

pacer4ever
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
honestly, i'd trade anything but george or hibbert to acquire eric gordon. even if that meant dealing granger and taking back davis. i'm confident that george can step in and be a more efficient player than granger in the next 2 years at the sf position. and gordon is better than granger right now at just 22yrs old. i understand that our pf position isn't exactly elite, but when it comes to winning nba titles, history says you do not need an elite player at pf (duncan is a center). the pacers greater need is a player who can create for himself, get to the line, and take games over in crunch time.

I would also but the Clipps wont they wouldnt trade him for Melo or EJ would be in denver right now.

We should have traded up in that draft to get him to late now

Sookie
02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
My dream 2 are Iggy and NeNe.

Have a wing rotation of Iggy/Granger/PG

and a post rotation of
NeNe/Hans
Roy/Tyler

croz24
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I would also but the Clipps wont they wouldnt trade him for Melo or EJ would be in denver right now.

yes we should have. that draft was stacked. BUT i do believe ej can be had if we offer up granger, expirings, and a 1st and take back davis in the process. that is something i'd be willing to consider. bird wouldn't however.

90'sNBARocked
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
My dream 2 are Iggy and NeNe.

Have a wing rotation of Iggy/Granger/PG

and a post rotation of
NeNe/Hans
Roy/Tyler

I would LOVE Nene too, but I heard he wants to play in a big market

I would also love Zach Randolph, but people are scared of him

PacersPride
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I would also love Zach Randolph, but people are scared of him

darn right.. scared of giving the guy max money for 6-7 years!!

pacer4ever
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
yes we should have. that draft was stacked. BUT i do believe ej can be had if we offer up granger, expirings, and a 1st and take back davis in the process. that is something i'd be willing to consider. bird wouldn't however.

I agree Bird wouldnt try

CableKC
02-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Since we are throwing out trade scenarios.....

Would you trade Expirings + 1st for Iggy+ Brand?

The caveat here is that IF the price to take on Iggy is to take on Brand while giving up a 1st....while keeping PG and ( likely ) sending out Posey and Inferno....would you consider doing it?

My answer is Yes...assuming we get to keep PG ( while getting a Granger-level Player ) and the Owners accept that they will likely be paying the LT in the 2012-2013 season when we have to re-sign Hibbert and ( maybe ) BRush. Brand isn't ideal...but he's a reliable PF that has a reliable mid-range and low-post offensive game but costs WAY too much.

But No...if the Owners don't want to take on a huge Salary that would likely incur huge LT costs.

xBulletproof
02-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Would you trade Expirings + 1st for Iggy+ Brand?

I want Iggy but there's no way in hell you do this.

That's $30 million in salary next year. We would immediately eliminate all potential cap space. To the point of even being nearly in the luxury tax as soon as next year. No way.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 02:11 AM
I want Iggy but there's no way in hell you do this.

That's $30 million in salary next year. We would immediately eliminate all potential cap space. To the point of even being nearly in the luxury tax as soon as next year. No way.
Yeah....but we'd essentially be using the Salary Cap space to acquire what we are looking for...a Starting quality SG and PF.

But realistically...I know it's a hard sell....Brand has been fairly solid despite his age....it's his contract that is bad.

HOOPFANATIC
02-02-2011, 03:02 AM
Like our lineup as it is....., but I'd get Rip Hamilton or Ben Gordon for Dunleavy straight up. If Detroit is that desperate. Rip's only got two more years left on his contract and may be convinced to come here and play that role Byron Scott played in the 90s. He knows what it takes to play in the playoffs and might be a good mentor for the young guards. Last time I brought these two up I got a lot of " I don't like Rip, I don't like Ben!" type comments, but no explanations. I know Rip plays a lot like Reggie and I believe like Billups said the other day that the only problem may be in knowing how to use him.
"What Rip does is run off screens and make shots," Billups said to the Detroit News. "You don't lose that unless you can't run anymore. I think people can see he can still run but you've got to be able to use him right. You got to respect Rip. There is a lot to it. Rip is a great player. He can be stubborn at times. If he respects you you'll have a good rapport. But you've got to know how to use him." With Bird available to Vogel and possibly Mike Brown coming, a guy who was here with Reggie it may be a good fit. Gordon on the othe hand can just flat out score off the bench especially in the playoffs. Can't see why tha wouldn't be desirable to have aside from an extra year.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 03:57 AM
IMHO.....trading for Rip is a "last resort" move IF the FO wants to make a move before the trade deadline. However, as David Aldridge has suggested....I think that the desperate Jazz will make a run at him. Given the brewing "bad blood" between Rip and the Pistons....my guess is that he could be had for an Expiring Contract. The problem is that the Jazz only have 1 Expiring Contract big enough to get Rip...AK47...and my guess is that they don't want to part with him given their need for his defense and the Playoff.

KevinB
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I would love to see us pick up a Buck Williams type PF. Do any of the young guys (Favors, J. Thompson, E. Davis) remind you of this type, and could they be had for expirings? Also, what is the opinion of A. Randolph? He doesn't appear to be the physical PF I would like to see, but have to be honest, I haven't seen enough of him to say.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM

The Clips wouldn't trade for Melo because Melo won't resign with the Clips.

EJ would probably cost us too much in order to get him. We would have to trade Granger and probably take back Baron Davis contract. That would leave them short on pgs to which they would probably want Collison included. I can't see EJ being worth all of that especially since Baron Davis is owed 42 million for the next 2.5 years.

Sometimes you just have to walk away if the price is too high.

As far as signing Zach Randolf I think someone will offer him more money than we are willing too. A 6 to 7 year contract puts him at 35 to 36 years old. Certianly he won't be averaging 20 and 13 by then.

I have been warming up to the idea of Rip but IMO he is only a slight upgrade over Mike Dunleavy at this point. If he would play hard every night I would be happy with him for 2 more years. This would give George time to develop and we could probably package Rush in the deal as well.

If Rip is just going to be a bitter old man however I would pass. I think there has to be better deals out there other than Rip.

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Honestly I'm not sure we are gonna be able to make a trade for a PF this year. N.O. isn't going to trade West as they are in a playoff push, and its obviously important for CP3 to make the playoffs if N.O. wants to appease him.

Even MEmphis is knocking on the Playoff door with Zach Randolph. That Franchise needs to make the playoffs just as bad as we do.

Nene, might be an option if Carmelo leaves, but he will most likely poopoo any trade that does not involve New York or Miami. If Carmelo isn't traded then their gonna try to make a playoff run and reap the money rewards that come with it. I bet their playoff tickets will be alot more expensive this year.

So Pacers have to decide if they're okay trading for Carl Landry, maybe Jeff Green, AK47 depending on if the Jazz continue to suck it up.

I'm not sure they are gonna go for a SG or not. PG look ready to step in and start by the season's end. Maybe you trade for a border line all-star type player with 2 years left on his contract?

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
In my opinion RIP has too much of an inflated ego. He wants to go to a contender. He thinks he is a better player than he is at this point.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 11:26 AM
The Clips wouldn't trade for Melo because Melo won't resign with the Clips.

EJ would probably cost us too much in order to get him. We would have to trade Granger and probably take back Baron Davis contract. That would leave them short on pgs to which they would probably want Collison included. I can't see EJ being worth all of that especially since Baron Davis is owed 42 million for the next 2.5 years.

Sometimes you just have to walk away if the price is too high.

As far as signing Zach Randolf I think someone will offer him more money than we are willing too. A 6 to 7 year contract puts him at 35 to 36 years old. Certianly he won't be averaging 20 and 13 by then.

I have been warming up to the idea of Rip but IMO he is only a slight upgrade over Mike Dunleavy at this point. If he would play hard every night I would be happy with him for 2 more years. This would give George time to develop and we could probably package Rush in the deal as well.

If Rip is just going to be a bitter old man however I would pass. I think there has to be better deals out there other than Rip.

No the clipps would not trade Eric for melo with a extented contract thats how high they are on Eric. Which is smart in my view

CableKC
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I would love to see us pick up a Buck Williams type PF. Do any of the young guys (Favors, J. Thompson, E. Davis) remind you of this type, and could they be had for expirings? Also, what is the opinion of A. Randolph? He doesn't appear to be the physical PF I would like to see, but have to be honest, I haven't seen enough of him to say.
Unfortunately, none of the young Players that you mention could be had for Expiring Contracts.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 11:37 AM
No the clipps would not trade Eric for melo with a extented contract thats how high they are on Eric. Which is smart in my view
Eric Gordon isn't = to Melo so I think it was stupid not to do deal like that. IMO he will always be slightly hindered by his size.

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Eric Gordon isn't = to Melo so I think it was stupid not to do deal like that. IMO he will always be slightly hindered by his size.

Not sure I agree with his. He has been dunking over 7fters all year along. Roy Hibbert would agree. If i were to give up Granger, I'd definetly want EJ. I don't care if we have to take back Baron with him.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 12:09 PM

KStat can offer his insight....but IMHO...Rip would be what he has always been and what I think that we need at the SG spot.....a consistent and reliable Scorer for the next 2 seasons ( beyond this one ) that can provide some very solid veteran leadership as a 2nd/3rd option on the Team.

As mentioned before....I'd certainly consider Rip as a "Last Resort" option before this trade deadline based on the following conditions:

1 ) If we want to allow PG to develop at his own pace where he can take a far more prominent role in the latter half of the next season.
2 ) If we have the option to send out Posey and ( preferably...if possible ) Inferno so that the impact of Rip's long-term Contract to the Salary Cap is modest at best
3 ) and there no other Starting SG options that are available.

If the above conditions could be met....I'd certainly consider:

Rip + Chris Wilcox PF ( Expiring Filler ) + Terrico White PG ( Expiring Filler )

for

TJ + Posey + Solo ( or preferably Inferno )

If Solo is sent out...then the Pistons would save roughly $16 mil in guaranteed $$$. If Inferno along with Posey is sent out ( which would be my preference )...then the Pistons would save roughly $10 mil in guaranteed $$$ between now and the 2012-2013 season.

The problem is more whether the Pistons are looking for a pure Salary Dump and whether they are willing to simply move on from Rip or not.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Not sure I agree with his. He has been dunking over 7fters all year along. Roy Hibbert would agree.
So you are saying you would rather have Gordon over Melo? Putting up stats on a bad team vs good team is the difference to me.

I would take both over Granger though.

MarvelousMarvin
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM

yeah i've got the clips on my 7 team nba league pass so i watch them every once in awhile i agree hes a top 5 scorer in this league already imo

CableKC
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
In my opinion RIP has too much of an inflated ego. He wants to go to a contender. He thinks he is a better player than he is at this point.
What makes you think that he has an inflated ego?

Every Player wants to go to a Contender....but there is nothing that I have seen that would indicate that Rip would have a preference.

Although I think that it's a matter of perspective....I think that the Pacers ( regardless of who coaches next season ) are a Playoff Bubble Team that can make it to the next level...as in a perennial Playoff Team when we fill the 2 gaps in our roster...IMHO, specifically a Starting SG and PF.

If Rip is willing to ( at the very least ) consider going to a Playoff Bubble Team...then the Pacers can fit that bill where he can provide that veteran leadership to get us to the next level.

BringJackBack
02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
KStat can offer his insight....but IMHO...Rip would be what he has always been and what I think that we need at the SG spot.....a consistent and reliable Scorer for the next 2 seasons ( beyond this one ) that can provide some very solid veteran leadership as a 2nd/3rd option on the Team.

As mentioned before....I'd certainly consider Rip as a "Last Resort" option before this trade deadline based on the following conditions:

1 ) If we want to allow PG to develop at his own pace where he can take a far more prominent role in the latter half of the next season.
2 ) If we have the option to send out Posey and ( preferably...if possible ) Inferno so that the impact of Rip's long-term Contract to the Salary Cap is modest at best
3 ) and there no other Starting SG options that are available.

If the above conditions could be met....I'd certainly consider:

Rip + Chris Wilcox PF ( Expiring Filler ) + Terrico White PG ( Expiring Filler )

for

TJ + Posey + Solo ( or preferably Inferno )

If Solo is sent out...then the Pistons would save roughly $16 mil in guaranteed $$$. If Inferno along with Posey is sent out ( which would be my preference )...then the Pistons would save roughly $10 mil in guaranteed $$$ between now and the 2012-2013 season.

The problem is more whether the Pistons are looking for a pure Salary Dump and whether they are willing to simply move on from Rip or not.

I wish that I could thank this a thousand times. No joke.

If we can't pick up Iggy, Martin, or any other SG of that tier, we should go for Rip at a last resort.

Rip (34 minutes)/George (14 minutes)
Granger (35 minutes)/George (13) minutes

Give or take to round everything out and we have a pretty solid rotation compared to what we have now.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Not sure I agree with his. He has been dunking over 7fters all year along. Roy Hibbert would agree. If i were to give up Granger, I'd definetly want EJ. I don't care if we have to take back Baron with him.
Wow...really?

I'll grant that EJ is a very solid piece that can be added to the future core...but to get him at the price of taking BDiddy?

Pass...BIG TIME.

Don't get me started....but a Team like the Pacers wants to avoid drama.....BDiddy is like TNT....he's all about Drama.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I wish that I could thank this a thousand times. No joke.

If we can't pick up Iggy, Martin, or any other SG of that tier, we should go for Rip at a last resort.

Rip (34 minutes)/George (14 minutes)
Granger (35 minutes)/George (13) minutes

Give or take to round everything out and we have a pretty solid rotation compared to what we have now.
Although I think that we'd be kind of tight in the 2012-2013 season to re-sign Hibbert and ( if the FO wants to keep him ) BRush.....we'd still have the $$$ to get a very solid Starting quality PF in the offseason....IMHO, a veteran and athletic PF like David West.

90'sNBARocked
02-02-2011, 12:41 PM
I read on ESPN a suggested trade

Jeff Foster and Dahanty Jones to ATL for Jamal Crawford

Works on trade checker and Crawford is also an expiring

BillS
02-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Hmm. I don't usually comment on trades, but I'd have to think about that.

Ultimately I'd say no - I really don't like Josh playing loads of minutes at 5, and losing Jeff would force it (or force playing time for Solomon Jones). Though I like Crawford on the floor, I think he takes time away from guys we want to see without putting us over the top in any way.

Cherokee
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
There is an item on HoopsHype today saying Artest wants out of LA. I wouldn't want him, but some might. I can't think any of them would be Pacer PTB.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
If Rip is willing to ( at the very least ) consider going to a Playoff Bubble Team...then the Pacers can fit that bill where he can provide that veteran leadership to get us to the next level.
THe only way I see the Pistons doing that is if we include our 2011 first round pick. I would be ok with letting our 2012 go more than this year based on our record.

Jamal Crawford helps us out a little but I don't understand why they would do that trade.

90'sNBARocked
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Ultimately I'd say no - I really don't like Josh playing loads of minutes at 5, and losing Jeff would force it (or force playing time for Solomon Jones). Though I like Crawford on the floor, I think he takes time away from guys we want to see without putting us over the top in any way.

its an OK idea, we would be basically renting Crawford for a year

The question would be who would be more valuable in this playoff run

Jamal Crawford or Jeff Foster

CableKC
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM

I know why we'd do it...but I'd wonder why the Hawks would do this in the first place other then to add some frontcourt depth while taking on a small but long-term contract.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Unless you think that PG and/or BRush is ready to compete in the near future and that there is no need to look for a Starting quality SG....getting a Player like Crawford, Rip ( as previously suggested ), or much less any other Starting quality SG would take away minutes from PG and/or BRush regardless.

BillS
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Unless you think that PG and/or BRush is ready to compete in the near future and that there is no need to look for a Starting quality SG....getting a Player like Crawford, Rip ( as previously suggested ), or much less any other Starting quality SG would take away minutes from PG and/or BRush regardless.

I don't think there's any need for a short-term boost at SG at this point. We know Brandon's flaws, let's see how PG plays out the rest of the season and go looking this summer.

My priority before the deadline would be a strong backup C (like those are a dime a dozen :laugh:) and then maybe a stronger SG - giving up one of our few options at backup C doesn't really move us forward.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
THe only way I see the Pistons doing that is if we include our 2011 first round pick. I would be ok with letting our 2012 go more than this year based on our record.

Jamal Crawford helps us out a little but I don't understand why they would do that trade.
I wouldn't be interested in Rip IF it costs us a sweetner like a 1st round pick...maybe a 2nd...but not a 1st round pick.

IMHO....my sweetner is the willingness to take on the huge and long-term contract of a disgruntled Player that has a guaranteed $22 mil to $25 mil the season before a new CBA goes into affect. If that is not enough...then I am more then happy to look elsewhere.

I'm not saying that Rip isn't a Player worth acquiring....I'm saying that when it comes to a huge long-term guranteed contract that will significantly impact the Financial and SalaryCap of a Team for the near future...the willingness to simply take that on Rip's $22 to 25 mil contract ( starting after this season ) is an "asset" that can be offered to the Pistons...much like an additional draft pick can be offered. Not many Teams can and are willing to do this.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 01:51 PM
There is an item on HoopsHype today saying Artest wants out of LA. I wouldn't want him, but some might. I can't think any of them would be Pacer PTB.
If this is true...you have to wonder what would really make Artest happy if winning a Championship, playing with one of the best Players in the league and Coach doesn't do it for him.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't think there's any need for a short-term boost at SG at this point. We know Brandon's flaws, let's see how PG plays out the rest of the season and go looking this summer.

My priority before the deadline would be a strong backup C (like those are a dime a dozen :laugh:) and then maybe a stronger SG - giving up one of our few options at backup C doesn't really move us forward.
I don't disagree with you on this...I really hope that he can make it to that next level...sooner rather then later...but I'm 50/50 when it comes to how quickly PG will develop.

My sense is that Bird is more then willing to wait for PG to develop...but I think that he ( and the FO/Owners ) are looking to add veterans that can get us back to the Playoffs sooner.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't be interested in Rip IF it costs us a sweetner like a 1st round pick...maybe a 2nd...but not a 1st round pick.

IMHO....my sweetner is the willingness to take on the huge and long-term contract of a disgruntled Player that has a guaranteed $22 mil to $25 mil the season before a new CBA goes into affect. If that is not enough...then I am more then happy to look elsewhere.

I'm not saying that Rip isn't a Player worth acquiring....I'm saying that when it comes to a huge long-term guranteed contract that will significantly impact the Financial and SalaryCap of a Team for the near future...the willingness to simply take that on Rip's $22 to 25 mil contract ( starting after this season ) is an "asset" that can be offered to the Pistons...much like an additional draft pick can be offered. Not many Teams can and are willing to do this.

I didn't mean to imply that it was a good idea to add a first but just that I think that is what it would take for them to bite on a trade. I still can't see them trading away Rip for a poopoo plater. Add in Rush then I could see them taking the deal but outside of that I think a salary dump is not what they have in mind.

graphic-er
02-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow...really?

I'll grant that EJ is a very solid piece that can be added to the future core...but to get him at the price of taking BDiddy?

Pass...BIG TIME.

Don't get me started....but a Team like the Pacers wants to avoid drama.....BDiddy is like TNT....he's all about Drama.

Really? cause you'd only have to deal with him for a season and a half. He would have a very large expiring contract that would make him very trade-able or give us even more cap room 2 years from now. Enabling us to resign Eric Gordon to a max deal if need be.

PacerGuy
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I would say no to Rip. Age & salery make him not worth it IMO. He needs to be on a team like Dallas or SA who is set up to win now, not a team w/ youth needing to play.
Now, is you want a high paid SG, then focusing on a guy like K.Martin is an option. Houston is in a spot w/ Yao likely done, & the 2 big contracts they have are Martin & Scola, w/ B.Miller not far behind. Scola is BYC, so getting value for him will be hard, but Martin might be the player on the move. Something like:

Dun/Rush/D.Jones for K.Martin/B.Miller

Houston gets out of a 2 bigger, longer deals & w/ Yao's expiring & others they have, they would have more money then anyone else, they have no state tax, & the #5 TV market.
Indy gets a great vet local talent in Brad to b/u Hibbert, & K.Martin is a #2 to play w/ Granger, & there is still moner to grab a 3rd (as Bird has alluded to).

IMO, Houston is one of only a few teams that I think has a player we would want, & also might want an expiring. I see Foster & Dun definately being of interest to many contenders, but few have ay assets we would want/ they would be willing to give. I could see Dallas & Butler's contract as a possibility, but not much else from contenders, & thats too bad... :(

ZepZach
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
you guys know more than I do, so I'll throw a question out there. Is there any possible way we could get Lamar Odom for something like TJ + B Rush?

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
you guys know more than I do, so I'll throw a question out there. Is there any possible way we could get Lamar Odom for something like TJ + B Rush?

No

A) he is having an all star caliber yr there was talk that he could make the team

B) they dont want to trade him

C) he hates indy

ZepZach
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
yeah... I knew it's more or less wishful thinking. He is so good at so many things...

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
yeah... I knew it's more or less wishful thinking. He is so good at so many things...

Ya Lamar is like a 5 tool player in baseball doesnt do anything great but does everything good.

Thoreau87
02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Really? cause you'd only have to deal with him for a season and a half. He would have a very large expiring contract that would make him very trade-able or give us even more cap room 2 years from now. Enabling us to resign Eric Gordon to a max deal if need be.

Not even the Clippers are dumb enough to trade EJ. He's the 4th best shooting guard in the NBA and he's only 22. Personally, I would trade any combination of players and draft picks on the roster for the kid but we don't have nearly enough assets unless he Melo's LA for the greener pastures of Indiana. Here's an excerpt from an article which lays out how good/under valued he really is:*Gordon is*currently*posting a true shooting percentage (which takes threes and free throws into account) of 58.3 percent and an assist percentage of 22.1, all while ending 27.1 percent of his teamís possessions. In laymanís terms, he is scoring while getting his teammates involved and without wasting too many possessions, all while shouldering the kind of scoring load superstars shoulder.*
The ability to do all of that is more difficult than you think. For comparisonís sake,*here*is a list of players who have posted seasons with a TS% above 58, a usage rate above 25% and an assist percentage above 20 in the past three years.
Manu Ginobili (all three years)
LeBron James (twice)
Chris Paul (once)
Deron Williams (once)
Eric Gordon (this year)
Thatís it. Kevin Durant, arguably the best ďpure scorerĒ in basketball, hasnít ever pulled it off. Kobe Bryant only did it once, and that was back in 2006/07. Dwyane Wade, arguably the best or second-best scoring guard of this era (along with Kobe), also hasnít ever done it. http://www.daily-news-trends.com/sports-2/blake-griffin-is-amazing-but-dont-forget-about-eric-gordon/

TooBigNdaPaint
02-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I personally hope that Hoosier fans would be tired of having $$$ tied up in one dimensional players that are on our Pacer roster.

Any potential trades before the deadline will need to address our current shortcomings:

1. Need an (long and lean) athletic 6'10" or bigger PF to preferrably start next to an athletic Center (which may not be Hibbert). Not sure what current NBA PF that we could get either in a trade or free agent signing (that would be willing to come to Indiana). There are definitely some undersized PF's (6'8" and shorter) available but this player would definitely need to be ultra-explosive to compete with the bigger PF's in the league.

2. Need a backup athletic Center that has explosiveness which is something that Hibbert lacks. I personally thought that acquiring Solo was a bad move since he was very similiar to Hibbert in being a non-explosive player. This year,however, he had been playing surprisingly well early in the season but he either regressed or JOB benched him for other reasons.

3. Need another quick & super-athletic SG (6'4" to 6'6") that can get their own shot especially if Lance Stephenson's legal troubles are keeping him on the bench. Paul George looks better suited to back up Danny Granger and to eventually replace him.

4. Need a big athletic 6'3" or bigger PG to matchup with Derrick Rose (Bulls) or Rajon Rando (Celtics) in the Eastern Conference or Deron Williams (Jazz) in the Western Conference. If Lance Stephenson can get past his legal troubles and can play the PG position, he'll be versatile enough to play either SG or PG (which would take care of #3 and #4 needs).

The million dollar question for LB and Morway is to find trading partners to address one of these four needs without giving up our core young players. We know it's almost impossible to pry away a starting NBA Veteran (although other teams have done it) but we may be able to pry away a 1st or 2nd year young player with the size/skill-set combo that we need. Unfortunately, we're a small market team with the 3rd lowest payroll in the NBA. It may be smarter to wait out the new CBA agreement whereby teams will jettison veteran NBA players (and their insane Contracts).

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Not even the Clippers are dumb enough to trade EJ. He's the 4th best shooting guard in the NBA and he's only 22. Personally, I would trade any combination of players and draft picks on the roster for the kid but we don't have nearly enough assets unless he Melo's LA for the greener pastures of Indiana. Here's an excerpt from an article which lays out how good/under valued he really is:*Gordon is*currently*posting a true shooting percentage (which takes threes and free throws into account) of 58.3 percent and an assist percentage of 22.1, all while ending 27.1 percent of his teamís possessions. In laymanís terms, he is scoring while getting his teammates involved and without wasting too many possessions, all while shouldering the kind of scoring load superstars shoulder.*
The ability to do all of that is more difficult than you think. For comparisonís sake,*here*is a list of players who have posted seasons with a TS% above 58, a usage rate above 25% and an assist percentage above 20 in the past three years.
Manu Ginobili (all three years)
LeBron James (twice)
Chris Paul (once)
Deron Williams (once)
Eric Gordon (this year)
Thatís it. Kevin Durant, arguably the best ďpure scorerĒ in basketball, hasnít ever pulled it off. Kobe Bryant only did it once, and that was back in 2006/07. Dwyane Wade, arguably the best or second-best scoring guard of this era (along with Kobe), also hasnít ever done it. http://www.daily-news-trends.com/sports-2/blake-griffin-is-amazing-but-dont-forget-about-eric-gordon/

I disagree. We are talking about the Clippers. How is this a horrible trade for them. You act like Granger isn't a good player. Sorry but he is still our best player. He is in a slump right now but he isn't old at all. He is just getting to the point where he is a veteran. I almost hate to even do this trade cause I think he has a good effect on our team in the locker room and during practices. But I would still trade Granger for Gordon maybe even throw in a first too.

pacer4ever
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I disagree. We are talking about the Clippers. How is this a horrible trade for them. You act like Granger isn't a good player. Sorry but he is still our best player. He is in a slump right now but he isn't old at all. He is just getting to the point where he is a veteran. I almost hate to even do this trade cause I think he has a good effect on our team in the locker room and during practices. But I would still trade Granger for Gordon maybe even throw in a first too.

Then the Clipps would have a hole at the SG cause Aminu and Granger cant play the SG this would be stupid for the Clipps. Randy Foye would be thier starting 2 :laugh:

CableKC
02-02-2011, 03:24 PM
You can ask dc here on PD why I think that BDiddy is a HUGE PASS in Indy, but I'll simply leave my reasoning for not wanting BDiddy in Indy is because the FO wants to avoid drama and BDiddy is as much of a diva as Lady Gaga is.

Add in that there is a reason why he wanted to go to a big Market like ClipperLand ( cuz he's all about Hollywood ) and that he would not want to go to a small Market Team like Indy and you'll understand why BDiddy is not a good fit.

Besides....even if I were to ignore all of that....I think that we already have our future PG in DC....why add BDiddy?

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Then the Clipps would have a hole at the SG cause Aminu and Granger cant play the SG this would be stupid for the Clipps. Randy Foye would be thier starting 2 :laugh:

Then give them Rush or Dunleavy. I don't care. Only 4 people on our team IMO that are untouchable are George, Collison, Hibbert, and Hans.

HOOPFANATIC
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM

That's why I keep making the comparison to Byron Scott coming here in 93. He probably won't be bitter so much as humbled and ready to help a team that has some nice pieces get better.

He's been coming off of the bench for years now, so that shouldn't be an issue. He will play mentor to George and Rush. Mike is a good player but he's only a couple of years younger than Rip, and is hardly the perceived threat that Rip would be. Also IMO the younger guards rightly do not see Mike as a superior, rather than competition for their spot. They may be more likely to respect a guy with the achievements Rip has.

Gamble1
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Insert Rush into the trade and they have atleast a border line starter. THe problem with the clips is that they have no salaries that would match well with us.

90'sNBARocked
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Then give them Rush or Dunleavy. I don't care. Only 4 people on our team IMO that are untouchable are George, Collison, Hibbert, and Hans.

lol@Ty being labeled untouchable

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
lol@Ty being labeled untouchable

Have you seen him play recently? He brings a aggressiveness and energy to our team that is very exciting to watch. His jumper has been on lately and this is really is rookie year. Okay maybe not totally untouchable but he is a good asset to our team.

Justin Tyme
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
what we are looking for...a Starting quality SG

We already have the SG of the future in George, no need for Iggy. George just needs Iggy minutes. Why take on Iggy's contract?

Now, if Bird can trade for Speights to play b/u center and some PF, I'm all for it.

Thoreau87
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm not acting like granger is a bad player. I own 2 NBA jerseys, Granger and EJ, and I wouldn't buy a bad player's jersey. With that said, the clips wouldn't trade EJ (they'd have to throw in Boom Dizzle or Kaman or both) for Hibbert, Granger, Collison and 2 first rounders (that's if EJ wants to stay in La La Land). I'm just being realistic. They are loaded with young talent 1-5, all of which have more potential then any player on our roster (Aminu, Bledsoe, Jordan, Gordon, and Griffin). Also, our draft picks are crap shoots at the 10-15 range consistently every year. We are stuck in mediocre Hell until we get some real game changing talent. Granger and Collison are both good not great players with DC having great potential (equal to that of Bledsoe). Hibbert has height and heart but he's gotta improve for me to upgrade his potential to good or great. Obviously all of this is just my opinion :-)...

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm not acting like granger is a bad player. I own 2 NBA jerseys, Granger and EJ, and I wouldn't buy a bad player's jersey. With that said, the clips wouldn't trade EJ (they'd have to throw in Boom Dizzle or Kaman or both) for Hibbert, Granger, Collison and 2 first rounders (that's if EJ wants to stay in La La Land). I'm just being realistic. They are loaded with young talent 1-5, all of which have more potential then any player on our roster (Aminu, Bledsoe, Jordan, Gordon, and Griffin). Also, our draft picks are crap shoots at the 10-15 range consistently every year. We are stuck and mediocre Hell until we get some real game changing talent. Granger and Collison are both good not great players with DC having great potential (equal to that of Bledsoe). Hibbert has height and heart but he's gotta improve for me to upgrade his potential to good or great. Obviously all of this is just my opinion :-)...

I do agree with you to an extent. IMO the Clippers have horrible management and I wouldn't put it past them to trade Gordon even though most teams would say he is untouchable.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I would say no to Rip. Age & salery make him not worth it IMO. He needs to be on a team like Dallas or SA who is set up to win now, not a team w/ youth needing to play.
I don't think his Age is a concern as I think that he is more of a Reggie Miller type SG that is still capable of performing at a high level despite his age.. As for the salary...if Posey and Inferno's long-term contracts are sent out...Rip's long-term contract is easier to swallow.

As mentioned....IMHO...Rip is more of a "last resort" Starting SG option IF Bird really wants to make a move. But I can understand why some may not like him as an option....like always...we can agree to disagree.

Now, is you want a high paid SG, then focusing on a guy like K.Martin is an option. Houston is in a spot w/ Yao likely done, & the 2 big contracts they have are Martin & Scola, w/ B.Miller not far behind. Scola is BYC, so getting value for him will be hard, but Martin might be the player on the move. Something like:

I agree that Kevin Martin is a viable option for a Starting quality SG that is in the same ballpark as Granger is and that they are stacked at the Wing Rotation....but given his injury history ( in the last 3 full seasons, he's played 61, 51, 48 games )

At most...I'd offer an Expiring Contract + 1st. I'd prefer to keep BRush since Kevin Martin's defense is supposed to be really bad.

If we are to go after a Starting quality SG between now and the Offseason....my wish list is as follows:

1 ) Iggy + Expiring Filler for Expiring+1st+PG
2 ) Kevin Martin for Expiring+1st
3 ) Rip+Wilcox+Terrico for TJ+Posey+Inferno

I don't mind waiting until the offseason to see if any of these are an option and I know that many of you think that PG is the guy for the future...but my guess is that the FO isn't going to wait unless he matures REALLY quickly this season.

Thoreau87
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I do agree with you to an extent. IMO the Clippers have horrible management and I wouldn't put it past them to trade Gordon even though most teams would say he is untouchable.

Not that the Clippers deserve the benefit of the doubt, but their management has said Gordon and Griffin are the cornerstones of their franchise. Neil Olshey (Clips first year GM) has gone as far to guarantee Blake will be a Clipper for his entire career. He'd say the same about EJ if asked but Blake dominates the attention of reporters.

My point is, if you were Neil would you trade EJ for Granger, any amount of draft picks in the 10-15 range, and any other combination of the Pacers young talent when you already have Bledsoe, Aminu, Griffin, and Jordan surrounding EJ already? I would not... I just don't see the benefit of trading away one of the best young players in the NBA for a bunch of guys who together can't even go .500 in the weak Eastern Conference.

k_lewis93
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Not that the Clippers deserve the benefit of the doubt, but their management has said Gordon and Griffin are the cornerstones of their franchise. Neil Olshey (Clips first year GM) has gone as far to guarantee Blake will be a Clipper for his entire career. He'd say the same about EJ if asked but Blake dominates the attention of reporters.

My point is, if you were Neil would you trade EJ for Granger, any amount of draft picks in the 10-15 range, and any other combination of the Pacers young talent when you already have Bledsoe, Aminu, Griffin, and Jordan surrounding EJ already? I would not... I just don't see the benefit of trading away one of the best young players in the NBA for a bunch of guys who together can't even go .500 in the weak Eastern Conference.

No I definitely agree with you. Just saying knowing their background it wouldn't surprise if they did something stupid since someone did say they are looking at Granger and I don't know how they think they can touch Granger without throwing Gordon at us.

CableKC
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
We already have the SG of the future in George, no need for Iggy. George just needs Iggy minutes. Why take on Iggy's contract?

Now, if Bird can trade for Speights to play b/u center and some PF, I'm all for it.
IMHO I think that the FO wants to return to the Playoffs as soon as possible and that they do not want to wait for PG to mature to get us there.

However....keep in mind that I am only favoring a trade for a Starting quality SG IF the FO thinks that he isn't ready to take the reigns anytime soon.

Justin Tyme
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Houston gets out of a 2 bigger, longer deals & w/ Yao's expiring & others they have, they would have more money then anyone else, they have no state tax, & the #5 TV market.
Indy gets a great vet local talent in Brad to b/u Hibbert, & K.Martin is a #2 to play w/ Granger, & there is still moner to grab a 3rd (as Bird has alluded to).

IMO, Houston is one of only a few teams that I think has a player we would want, & also might want an expiring. I see Foster & Dun definately being of interest to many contenders, but few have ay assets we would want/ they would be willing to give. I could see Dallas & Butler's contract as a possibility, but not much else from contenders, & thats too bad... :(

No thanks to Martin. I want some one who at least can play some "D" not a player who is adverse/can't play "D" and is a scorer only.

Thoreau87
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
No I definitely agree with you. Just saying knowing their background it wouldn't surprise if they did something stupid since someone did say they are looking at Granger and I don't know how they think they can touch Granger without throwing Gordon at us.

What do you think about Granger, Hibbert, and J-Mac (throw in to make the deal work) for Aminu, DeAndre Jordan, Kaman, and a first rounder?

I'd hate to see Hibbert and Granger go, but the prospect of a younger, more athletic, great shooting, faster paced Pacer team is awful tempting to think about.

PacerGuy
02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
No thanks to Martin. I want some one who at least can play some "D" not a player who is adverse/can't play "D" and is a scorer only.
Not a big fan either, but value wise I'm not sure I would pass. IMO there are not many FAs n/y worth much, so a trade is likely the best option. Not finding a lot of doable options out there, esp. W/ trying to find a running mate (Batman/robin) to go w/ Granger. Do you?

ilive4sports
02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
What do you think about Granger, Hibbert, and J-Mac (throw in to make the deal work) for Aminu, DeAndre Jordan, Kaman, and a first rounder?

I'd hate to see Hibbert and Granger go, but the prospect of a younger, more athletic, great shooting, faster paced Pacer team is awful tempting to think about.

No, just no.

Thoreau87
02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
No, just no.

What do you and LetsTalkPacers think Granger and Hibbert are worth on the trade market? I love these guys but seriously. I've watched nearly every single Pacer and Clipper game for the past two years and I can honestly say Jordan (22 years old) is already a better player then Hibbert (24 years old) and Aminu (20 years old) will be better than Danny (soon to be 28). Danny is overrated by almost all Pacer fans. He's a scorer that has produced back to back poor shooting years, all while not leading his team to the playoffs in a weak eastern conference with every opportunity to do so.