PDA

View Full Version : DAMNIT EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

JOneal7
09-09-2004, 11:55 PM
WAY TO SECURE THE BALL ON THE GOAL LINE! WE WENT FROM WINNING TO LOSING IN ONE PLAY. HAH...
GREAT
0-1...AWESOME WAY TO START THE SEASON!:mad::mad:

Burt_Reincarnated
09-10-2004, 12:11 AM
for all his nice moves, he sure sucks. I hope they bench him, trade him, and make Rhodes the main man. 2 key fumbles, this loss his Edges fault, boooooo on edge

Stryder
09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
There were many more plays (other than Edge's two) that "lost" the game for the Colts. Hell, the Colts wouldn't have even been in the game if it wasn't for his yardage.

To blame a loss on one single play or player is absurd and stupid.

obnoxiousmodesty
09-10-2004, 12:15 AM
I still can't believe he fumbled twice in one game. He's not known to fumble often.

Natston
09-10-2004, 12:15 AM

So in other words, blame it on Manning just like the media will.

Lord Helmet
09-10-2004, 12:20 AM

So in other words, blame it on Manning just like the media will.

I agree "It was all Mannnigs fault" will be the qoute the media will say.Ok I'm done I don't really want to talk about it anymore.

JOneal7
09-10-2004, 12:24 AM
oh sure it's mannings fault! wtf is that bs? going to be hard to bounce back. do we all agree the pats have a really pussy *** schedule?

Lord Helmet
09-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Next we have the Titans who want to beat us real bad.I expect the Colts to come in pissed and take it out on the Titans:devil: I'm not that mad it was a great game besides us losing.I just fu*king hate the NE fans they are all *****es just go to the IS Colt board (No I havnt went there and I won't) But I bet the Pat fans have multiplied 25 times.Man I dunno what to say.Except we Indy fans are respectful.

FireTheCoach
09-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I still can't believe he fumbled twice in one game. He's not known to fumble often.

????

Thats always been one of the knocks on Edge is his tendency to fumble.

efx
09-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Next we have the Titans who want to beat us real bad.I expect the Colts to come in pissed and take it out on the Titans:devil: I'm not that mad it was a great game besides us losing.I just fu*king hate the NE fans they are all *****es just go to the IS Colt board (No I havnt went there and I won't) But I bet the Pat fans have multiplied 25 times.Man I dunno what to say.Except we Indy fans are respectful.

Trolls are all over. I've seen total jackass indy fans at pacers games in new york, just as I have from all other teams as well.
I've never understood how anyone could generalize fans like that.

Stryder
09-10-2004, 08:24 AM

????

Thats always been one of the knocks on Edge is his tendency to fumble.

Edge has fumbled 25 times in his first five years of his career. He fumbled twice last night.

So, now, he has 27 career fumbles, with 18 lost.

That comes down to a 0.409 fumble to regular season game ratio.

EDITED FOR CLARITY: Above numbers only represent career regular season games and career regular season fumbles. They do NOT represent the playoffs.

Fool
09-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Thats a false stat. You can't average only his regular season games into it. Unless there is some rule that says fumbles don't count in the playoffs.

geekman
09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
It was another would've, could've, should've night from the Colts. Edge had a great game minux the two fumbles. I don't think he will be fumbling like that in the future. If we can run the ball like we did last night all season long the Colts are going to have a very good shot at winning a Superbowl. That interception by Nick Harper was sweet!

Fool, has Edge fumbled a lot in the playoffs?

Zesty
09-10-2004, 11:08 AM
As we were watching the game last night, I told my buddy that the old Edge was back: great runner, too many fumbles. We haven't seen it as much in the past couple seasons because of this limited workload, but yes, he is prone to losing the ball.

Shade
09-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Although Edge's two fumbles were the most glaringly painful errors last night, don't forget Vandy's miss, or the ****-poor D, or Peyton's inability to avoid that last sack. Plenty of blame to go around. We'll get better.

Stryder
09-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Thats a false stat. You can't average only his regular season games into it. Unless there is some rule that says fumbles don't count in the playoffs.

I'm only quoting regular season games and regular season fumbles. So, no, it isn't a false stat because I disclosed the parameters.

I don't have the numbers of playoff games and fumbles that Edge has been involved in, so I cannot factor them in.

If someone could give me those, or direct me towards those stats, then I could.

ChicagoJ
09-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I would think that one fumble every two games from your starting RB *is* a high number. Especially since fumbles from missed handoff are generally attributed to the QB and not the RB.

However, I don't recall the exact stats on other great RBs throughout history.

Lord Helmet
09-10-2004, 07:47 PM

Trolls are all over. I've seen total jackass indy fans at pacers games in new york, just as I have from all other teams as well.
I've never understood how anyone could generalize fans like that.
I was very angry last night.So sorry for all the ranting and such.I think the NE fans just like to rub it in they won 2 super bowls and all they like to do is go to a message board to the team they beat and start clowning them.Well I'm pretty much done with talking about this game.Lets bring on the Titans!

Miller_time04
09-10-2004, 08:41 PM
To blame it on Edge is stupid. He had a great game last night despite the 2 fumbles with 142 yards. I taped the game and watched it over and the first fumble was knocked out of Edges hands when a NE helmet hit it. The second one he just got excited and lost it..Fumbles are part of the game it happens.

To trade Edge would be stupid. He just ripped through the 4th best run stopping D in the league last year. Without Edge the Colts would have lost about 6 first downs he picked up..1 touchdown even though Rhodes scored it Edge was the one to bring it all the way up the field ripping through the patsies.

Overall the Colts just shot them selves in the foot. Thats all their is to it. No team can beat the Colts the Colts can only beat themselves.

As for the Titans game Colts win with ease. The Titans have lost 8 starters in the last 2 years and replaced them with no free agents at all.

Burt_Reincarnated
09-12-2004, 09:01 PM
1st and goal on the 1 yardline, game on the line. He fumbled it. It is not stupid to blame this loss on him. He blew it. I like this quote "He had a great game last night despite the 2 fumbles with 142 yards. I taped the game and watched it over and the first fumble was knocked out of Edges hands when a NE helmet hit it. The second one he just got excited and lost it..Fumbles are part of the game it happens. "
haha
The 2 key fumbles that lost the game. Without edge Rhodes woulda stepped up and not fumbled the ball on 1ST AND GOAL AT THE 1 YARD LINE. I hope edge can still have a good season, but as far as I'm concerned the colts had this game won and Edge cost them that chance.

So maybe you are the one that's stupid in your jockstrap sniffing love for Edge.

Miller_time04
09-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Okay Manning threw an interception in the redzone lets blame the loss on him to because we could have got 6 points off that and won the game. Lets go ahead and Trade Manning because he made a mistake.

While where at it lets go ahead and trade Mr Perfect Vanderjagt the best kicker in the league to because he missed a FG to tie the game.

Point is you can't blame a loss on one person.

Without Edge you can take back the 7-8 Firstdowns he got the Colts. The 1 touchdown even though Rhodes scored it, Edge was the one ripping through Pats D to get there. Without Edge we would have lost by WAY WAY more then 3.

Burt_Reincarnated
09-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Edge fumbled at the 1 yard line 1st and goal with under 3mins to go. The FG was hardly a choke, it was in the wind from 47 yards... sure Edge had a great game 145yards, one of the best of his career yardwise.. but the point is:

EDGE FREAKIN CHOKED HARD WHEN IT MATTERED MOST 1ST AND GOAL 1 YARD LINE

Miller_time04
09-13-2004, 01:22 PM
And do you think he is happy about that? No he was more mad at himself then ever. It won't happen again. He even took blame for the loss which he didn't have to.

Miller_time04
09-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but Edge only fumbled 3 times last year..I don't see it happening at all next game. If he does fumble it next game then I will say that he has a problem, but until then he is one of the best backs in the league and was the best back before his injury. You don't trade someone like that.

And my point was that Edge will be working hard on keeping a hold of the ball this week in practice because he let his team down.

Burt_Reincarnated
09-20-2004, 05:15 AM
I'd just like to say that Edge played great against the Titans.. He redeemed himself somewhat im my opinion.

TheSauceMaster
09-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Even the Best Backs in the League Fumble sometimes , I don't think it's a habit and like was mentioned he only fumbled 3 times the previous yr.

His fumble wasn't the total reason we lost to the pats but it didn't help ethier , as you can see the past 2 weeks edge is back to the old edge before his injury..I think I wet my pant's a few times yesterday in the Titans game.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: