PDA

View Full Version : Brown Bag Head Society

Peck
01-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Not the greatest photo in the world (using my iphone) but you can see the three guys with the big bags on their heads in the club level.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq98/parasource/Picture1010.jpg

vnzla81
01-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Cool, I hope more people do this.

Sookie
01-27-2011, 12:30 AM
what's it supposed to mean?

presto123
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM

?? Do you not remember the Aints?:laugh:

pacer4ever
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM

We suck and are ashamed of the team

vnzla81
01-27-2011, 12:35 AM

It shows that you are embarrassed as fan.

presto123
01-27-2011, 12:38 AM
That would be bizarre to get half the arena in brown bags. Send a message to Bird for sure. How many games does Larry actually attend? They don't show him like they used to although he was shown tonight.

Psyren
01-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Good for them.

This team is a joke right now.

Psyren
01-27-2011, 12:39 AM
That would be bizarre to get half the arena in brown bags. Send a message to Bird for sure. How many games does Larry actually attend? They don't show him like they used to although he was shown tonight.

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure he's at every home game in his usual seats.

Every game I'm at he's always been there.

pacer4ever
01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure he's at every home game in his usual seats.

Every game I'm at he's always been there.

He has only missed 1 home game this yr.(I always check)

xBulletproof
01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
That's one way to make a point as a fan that's hard to ignore.

*sigh*

At least they're playing George though. I'm enjoying the hell out of watching that.

Peck
01-27-2011, 01:57 AM
He has only missed 1 home game this yr.(I always check)

Yea, that's it.

He's been to all of them but one, which if I'm not mistaken was the Boston game of all games.

BTW, Pritchard was in the house again tonight.

PaceBalls
01-27-2011, 02:28 AM
It is a much more effective way of demanding change and showing that the status quo is unacceptable than complaining on PD, that's for sure. The people in the stands draw public attention and also media coverage. Especially if this catches on and you start seeing hundreds of people with paper bags. TPTB can't ignore that like they can internet chatter.

ndcoltsnpacers
01-27-2011, 02:46 AM
I'm just guessing here because I've never run a pro sports team before aside from on a video game. But I would think that an even more effective way of protesting against the quality of the team more than showing up with a paper bag would be to not show up at all. I'm sure Bird knows the team sucks. If attendance is bad (and it usually is) that puts pressure to the very top to produce results.

kester99
01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
That'll show the team that folks are embarassed to be Pacers fans, for sure. I doubt it would have any effect on the O'Brien situation, seems to me, but it might make some of the players wish they were elsewhere. I don't suppose that's what the bag wearers intend, but maybe it is...who knows?

Personally, I think the players are trying their best by and large, and they have to try to overcome the night's opponent, and also stumbling blocks put in front of them by the coach. So now they can look up into the stands and see fans who don't respect them, as well.

I wouldn't do that to this team.

BRushWithDeath
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I jokingly texted a buddy before I left for the game saying I was bringing my paper bag 1980's Saints style. When I was walking out and saw three guys apparently had the same idea as me, and actually followed through, was awesome. Bravo guys.

Major Cold
01-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Yea, that's it.

He's been to all of them but one, which if I'm not mistaken was the Boston game of all games.

BTW, Pritchard was in the house again tonight.
Could he have been in a club box with Ainge?

HC
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
If JOB is in fact the problem as so many of us think, then this is kind of disrespectful to the players.

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Last night's game wasn't even O'Brien's fault, although I don't like how Hibbert and Hansbrough both sat most of the 2nd half. The players showed very little effort the entire game, except for the mini-run in the 4th quarter. Last night's loss was on the players for sure.

Trader Joe
01-27-2011, 09:54 AM
If JOB is in fact the problem as so many of us think, then this is kind of disrespectful to the players.

JOB is bad, but he's not win 2 games in a month bad.

It's time for some of you to take off the kid gloves with these players or they will never learn personal responsibility and think that every time they fail they will always have the coach to blame first.

While I do blame JOB, the effort has been absolutely **** poor, and I'm sick and tired of watching a lot of these guys on this roster.

Granger and Hibbert at the top of that list right now. Hibbert looks like a complete stiff all of sudden. This isn't just regression, this is an absolute nuking of any talent he has.

Brad8888
01-27-2011, 10:21 AM
I would guess that the bag wearers prefer paper to plastic...at least for now. If they start wearing plastic, that brings up all sorts of other issues, like things are so bad that not only is embarrassment being expressed, but also there is a desire to put one's head into a plastic bag that is much more difficult to actually breathe in, thereby indicating a level of extreme urgency in getting the situation changed for the sake of survival.

Roaming Gnome
01-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I would guess that the bag wearers prefer paper to plastic...at least for now. If they start wearing plastic, that brings up all sorts of other issues, like things are so bad that not only is embarrassment being expressed, but also there is a desire to put one's head into a plastic bag that is much more difficult to actually breathe in, thereby indicating a level of extreme urgency in getting the situation changed for the sake of survival.

Thanks for the laugh...

grace
01-27-2011, 01:21 PM
To all the PS&E lurkers: You might want to start polling the local grocery stores to find out if there's a trend to people asking for paper instead of plastic bags.

Mr_Smith
01-27-2011, 01:33 PM
?? Do you not remember the Aints?:laugh:

Or the Bengals??

El Pacero
01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Some of you may remember this has been going on since the Tinsley years:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2250122431