PDA

View Full Version : Is TJ Ford gone?

Mark
01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I apologize if this is in another thread that I didn't see.

TJ has been retweeting stuff like this:

"@tj_ford TJ is a class act and has handled himself as a total professional. Hopefully he'll join a team where he can excel."

-and-

"@tj_ford hope things works out for u, if not in Indiana.. Somewhere they can utilize ur skills, u have great talent and I wish you the best"

It seems to me that the deal is done, and just not totally made public. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this...?

Bball
01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Sounds like people just know he's done here... and that the team is moving on with the younger PG's....

JB24
01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
TJ's twitter always gets kind of weird and cryptic whenever there's a trade deadline/draft looming. I'm done over-analyzing it- if a trade happens it happens- we're not getting anything great in return.

(Also, re-tweeting people's compliments? LOL)

Stuckey7370
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
http://nbadimensions.net/forums/indiana-pacers-forum/3772-ford-would-welcome-trade.html

I don't have ESPN Insider but this is an article that came from there. Sort of on the same page and explains a little bit.

PacerGuy
01-26-2011, 06:50 PM
[quuote]Ford has been reluctant in the past to accept a buyout because it was too much. The Pacers, if they can't deal the point guard, will probably come in with a reasonable offer if Feb. 24 passes without a trade.[/quote]

Interesting. Really?....
Could be an opening to get Lance some time?

pwee31
01-26-2011, 07:19 PM
no he's not gone

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Say what you want about his play on court, but my God, he is the epitome of a "Professional"

Trophy
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Although he makes me want to punch a wall by the way he's played, TJ is a great guy and respects the fans and enjoys talking and joking with them. I have like 5 things signed by TJ.

He's a very unselfish person off the court. He does a lot in the community.

I really hope he's able to join a decent team.

Sookie
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I said in the Dear TJ thread that being a good person is worth a lot more than being a good basketball player.

TJ handled his situation better and smarter than many people could.

I think Jim O'brien could have at least talked with him about the demotion. As much as I didn't think TJ should have been playing, he deserves respect and an explanation, straight from the coach.

Deadshot
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I think you're reading too much into these tweets. People have been saying these things every since TJ has been in JOB's doghouse. We thought he was gone long ago. Remember when he was dancing by the team plane (or something to that effect)? We see these tweets all the time.

Trophy
01-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I said in the Dear TJ thread that being a good person is worth a lot more than being a good basketball player.

TJ handled his situation better and smarter than many people could.

I think Jim O'brien could have at least talked with him about the demotion. As much as I didn't think TJ should have been playing, he deserves respect and an explanation, straight from the coach.

I've said it many times, I'd rather have this team that's rebuilt with young players who are willing to win and are good people than have the jail cell team that we had 5-6 years ago.

CableKC
01-26-2011, 08:00 PM
I doubt it.

Deadshot
01-26-2011, 08:12 PM
I have a feeling Lance will only be seeing one type of court in the near future.

CableKC
01-26-2011, 08:17 PM
:rimshot:

D-BONE
01-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Is TJ gone?

We can only hope.

Pacersalltheway10
01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
New York is looking for a better b/u point guard than Tony Douglas. New York would be a good fit. Dantoni loves his vets. I just don't see anyone who we would want though.

Spirit
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd say the Lakers could use him, but they need someone who can shoot threes at the one spot.

Pacerfan
01-27-2011, 09:02 PM
T.J. Ford's podcast with DMV
http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.

He said all the right things but you can tell he's frustrated and wants to get out of here (obviously).

michealwilliams4
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM

I really hope not. Nothing like making a bad season worse than by continuing to pretend Lance is a PG.