PDA

View Full Version : Rare Photo's of Larry Bird

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/rare.larry.bird.photos/content.1.html

His haricut back in his ISU days:

Priceless! :)

BPump33
01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you for posting this. I had forgotten all about the Frosted Mini Wheats cereal box. I went on Ebay just now and purchased it. I have the 2 Wheaties boxes on display in my room and now I can add this one.

Peck
01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
WTH?

How does this advance the cause of getting Jim O'Brien fired? Don't you know that is our only goal here?;)

Just messing with you.:-p

Nice find.

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
WTH?

How does this advance the cause of getting Jim O'Brien fired? Don't you know that is our only goal here?;)

Just messing with you.:-p

Nice find.

It will advance the firing of Jim, by showing Bird his old photos and how nice and full his hair was

Post Jim O'Brien, its become thinner and grayer :)

Start the clock Bird

presto123
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks for posting. Some good photos in there. Larry has put on some weight towards the end of those photos.

Trophy
01-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Makes me proud to have a guy like him as our team's president.

He's done very well rebuilding a team with players who had no pride in playing to a young team with a lot of potential.

Just hope he can bring in a good coach.

Thanks for sharing.

31andonly
01-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Lol...I first read "Rare photos of Larry's Bird"...

nice find ;)

McKeyFan
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
I thought it was the stash of photos JOB has been hiding.

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
I thought it was the stash of photos JOB has been hiding.

I had to get my parents permission to download those

they were unavailable

:)

idioteque
01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
At least he's not naked on his bed with nothing on but a pair of Crocs...

That picture with JO is hilarious, JO was so young and promising with incredibly healthy knees.

ilive4sports
01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
I didn't realize Larry was part chimp. Look at pic 12. His right arm looks like it is a monkey's.

good find

clownskull
01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
pretty amazing how salaries have changed. bird signs a 5 year 3.25 million contract as a rookie. i remember hearing a while ago after that contract, he and magic were tied for 2nd highest in the league behind kareem's 2.5 mil- they were pulling in 1.8 mil a year. even adjusted for inflation, that is chicken feed today. of course when bird and magic joined the league, it was pretty close to collapse or so i heard. however, they were definitely making big bucks for the league by then.
the whole out of control spending began when larry johnson signed that 12 year 84 million extension package with charlotte around '94' i think. and that seems pretty damn small today.

but looking at picture 18 makes me wish they still made those converse weapons. i'd get me a pair of those.

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2011, 07:06 PM
pretty amazing how salaries have changed. bird signs a 5 year 3.25 million contract as a rookie. i remember hearing a while ago after that contract, he and magic were tied for 2nd highest in the league behind kareem's 2.5 mil- they were pulling in 1.8 mil a year. even adjusted for inflation, that is chicken feed today. of course when bird and magic joined the league, it was pretty close to collapse or so i heard. however, they were definitely making big bucks for the league by then.
the whole out of control spending began when larry johnson signed that 12 year 84 million extension package with charlotte around '94' i think. and that seems pretty damn small today.

but looking at picture 18 makes me wish they still made those converse weapons. i'd get me a pair of those.

no doubt son!!

Take me back. You had the purple and gold magic ones, the green and white bird ones, etc.

travmil
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
There's barely enough room in the universe for all the awesome shown in this picture.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/rare.larry.bird.photos/images/bill-russell-larry-bird.jpg

BPump33
01-27-2011, 10:35 AM

I remember playing in a basketball game in the seventh grade wearing my dad's Weapons that he had kept from playing in a work/rec league. I wore a size 7 or 8 at the time and the Weapons were a size 10. I remember wearing two or three pairs of socks and the things were still slipping all over my feet, not to mention those shoes were heavy as hell. I thought I had brought my other shoes to change into at halftime, but of course I forgot them. I still remember I scored 30 points in that game, but missed a three at the buzzer that would have won the game and given me 33 points (my favorite number). After the game I put the shoes back in my dad's closet and never tried that again.

dal9
01-27-2011, 01:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/rare.larry.bird.photos/content.1.html

His haricut back in his ISU days:

Priceless! :)
he's so dreamy!!!

imawhat
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM

They still make 'em. I have a pair in my closet from last year.

pizza guy
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
pretty cool little photo album. Bird was never real good looking, but age has not been real kind either..

QuickRelease
01-28-2011, 08:35 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/rare.larry.bird.photos/images/larry-bird-pacers-president.jpg

Oh my gosh! Look at Larry's sideburns! This answers everything! JOB is Borg, and Larry's assimilation is almost complete! :borg:

JonnyB83
01-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Holy crap! The shorts in the first picture are AWESOME!!

Cactus Jax
01-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Well there's the awkward photo of him with Isiah as head coach still.

brewpopps
01-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I actually have a team photo of Bird from the '77 '78 season with Richard Johnson, Carl Nix, Brad Miley, Dan Rutledge and others. No airbrush there, just a bad pic.

SMosley21
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
God bless the man for all he did on a basketball court and for what he's done with our team. Larry Legend, one of the greatest of all the times!!!

He actually kinda reminds me of Robert Englund (aka Freddy Krueger)

Anyone else see the similarities or am I just crazy?

http://www.celtic-nation.com/rivalries/si_covers/larry_bird/1981_11_09.jpg

http://www.horrorphile.net/images/eaten-alive-robert-englund.jpg

I will say that growing old has been much better to Englund than Bird. Larry has grown to look like an old woman.