PDA

View Full Version : Chad Fords Chat 1/26/11

Speed
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36689

Nate (Phoenix)

Who is the biggest name in your opinion to get traded by the deadline and to whom? (Excluding Melo)

Chad Ford (1:11 PM)

I want to say Steve Nash, though the Suns continue to strongly insist he isn't going anywhere. A number of GMs in the league think Danny Granger might be available if they can give Larry Bird two starters in return. Mo Williams and Zach Randolph both seem to be in heavy rotation right now.

cdash
01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I saw that. Still can't imagine us trading Granger unless we get a sweetheart of a deal.

Sparhawk
01-26-2011, 02:22 PM
If Danny can only net Mo and Zach, then I'll pass. Just younger talent/picks.

Trader Joe
01-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Two starters...so the two players would have to be a SG/SF and a PF....

Tom White
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36689

Nate (Phoenix)

Who is the biggest name in your opinion to get traded by the deadline and to whom? (Excluding Melo)

Chad Ford (1:11 PM)

I want to say Steve Nash, though the Suns continue to strongly insist he isn't going anywhere. A number of GMs in the league think Danny Granger might be available if they can give Larry Bird two starters in return. Mo Williams and Zach Randolph both seem to be in heavy rotation right now.

Who would give up TWO starters for Granger? They would have to be bad starters to offer up two of them.

Speed
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
What about Utah, they need a wing. How about Milsap, AK47, and Hayward? Just spit balling :)

BPump33
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Lance (Pdx)

Hey Chad, KP was invited to spend some Quality time with Larry Legend, big changes coming in Indy?
Chad Ford (1:31 PM)

From what I can gather, Kevin Pritchard approached Bird, an old teammate, looking for some side work. Pacers asked him to scout some NBA players. No official relationship. Doesn't appear to be anything. While I'm sure Pritchard is on the hunt for a new GM gig (and I think he deserves one) I don't think there's anything going on in Indy. The owner is a big Bird and David Morway fan I'm told.

BKK
01-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe Houston, Scola seems to be available according to the Melo to Houston rumors... Not comparing Danny to Melo, just saying... Houston desperatly wants a franchise player to replace Yao. They might be interested in Danny. They have other interesting young talents they could include in the deal...

avoidingtheclowns
01-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Lance (Pdx)

Hey Chad, KP was invited to spend some Quality time with Larry Legend, big changes coming in Indy?

From what I can gather, Kevin Pritchard approached Bird, an old teammate, looking for some side work. Pacers asked him to scout some NBA players. No official relationship. Doesn't appear to be anything. While I'm sure Pritchard is on the hunt for a new GM gig (and I think he deserves one) I don't think there's anything going on in Indy. The owner is a big Bird and David Morway fan I'm told.

...by David Morway.

CableKC
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
If Danny can only net Mo and Zach, then I'll pass. Just younger talent/picks.
I think that Ford means that Mo and ZBo ( who are both on different Teams ) are other Players that are on the block...not necessarily that they are a good offer to get Granger.

Trophy
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
What's with these people making up these things?

I doubt any of those players (except probably Mo Williams) have appeared to be on the market by their team's GM.

Speed
01-26-2011, 04:00 PM

I doubt any of those players (except probably Mo Williams) have appeared to be on the market by their team's GM.

I'd guess it depends what "on the market" means, too. It does seem like he's guessing about things often.

CableKC
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM

Why wouldn't ZBo be on the market? The guy is a UFA next season,wants to get paid and the Grizzlies Owners are incredibly cheap. I don't see the Grizzlies re-signing ZBO if he is asking for too much. I'm guessing that OJ Mayo could probably be had as well given his recent benching.

purdue101
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Lance (Pdx)

You forgot to include Chad's final take on Larry - "They've done a great job of rebuilding that team in the last three years. They go into the summer with some nice young players and a ton of cap room"

BPump33
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
You forgot to include Chad's final take on Larry - "They've done a great job of rebuilding that team in the last three years. They go into the summer with some nice young players and a ton of cap room"

He must have added that after I copied and pasted. Thank you for adding it.

Kegboy
01-26-2011, 04:45 PM
...by David Morway.

Boy, I sure hope Morway's not leaking stuff to the press. He'd have to fire himself.

Since86
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Didn't Chad respond recently to another question asking him about young talent and he said something like "what talent?"

What a douche.

spreedom
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Why wouldn't ZBo be on the market? The guy is a UFA next season,wants to get paid and the Grizzlies Owners are incredibly cheap. I don't see the Grizzlies re-signing ZBO if he is asking for too much. I'm guessing that OJ Mayo could probably be had as well given his recent benching.

Yeah, I definitely see the Grizz trading Z-Bo. They won't (and shouldn't) pay him over paying Marc Gasol, and he obviously won't sign for anything less than every penny that he can get. I think a team like Detroit might be interested in taking him on so they can shed some salary.

BringJackBack
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Didn't Chad respond recently to another question asking him about young talent and he said something like "what talent?"

What a douche.

That was Stein or Bucher, I believe. Not Ford.. Ford is pretty optimistic about our future based on everything he's said about us in the past and in this article. :)

cdash
01-26-2011, 04:56 PM
That was Stein or Bucher, I believe. Not Ford.. Ford is pretty optimistic about our future based on everything he's said about us in the past. :)

Yeah, I am about 85% sure that he has a good relationship with David Morway. Any time someone asks about up and coming GMs, Ford cites Morway, and he always, always defends the Pacers' moves during the offseason. Always has them as potential sleepers.

BringJackBack
01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I am about 85% sure that he has a good relationship with David Morway. Any time someone asks about up and coming GMs, Ford cites Morway, and he always, always defends the Pacers' moves during the offseason. Always has them as potential sleepers.

Hmm... :idea:

I always just thought he had a weird blind love for us or something.

cdash
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm... :idea:

I always just thought he had a weird blind love for us or something.

He might :laugh:

He's usually the only "expert" who gives the Pacers any love, so I'm not one to argue with him.

Oh, and for the record, the biggest d-bag on ESPN.com is without a shadow of a doubt Ric Bucher. Pretentious, arrogant, dismissive. Really don't like him.

Since86
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM

He's usually the only "expert" who gives the Pacers any love, so I'm not one to argue with him.

Oh, and for the record, the biggest d-bag on ESPN.com is without a shadow of a doubt Ric Bucher. Pretentious, arrogant, dismissive. Really don't like him.

Yeah, right after I read BringJack's reply, I remembered it was Ric Bucher. How could I forget him and his horrible soul patch thingy?

BringJackBack
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah for all the flak that Hollinger gets around here, at least he's not a douche bag of a person. He's hands on w/ everyone and he's objective in a good way..

..Bucher is always right, and he treats everyone like they are below him. I don't even bother to look at his chats anymore.

purdue101
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM

Neither does Kobe

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IRJfbgw5VJo" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Dr. Awesome
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah for all the flak that Hollinger gets around here, at least he's not a douche bag of a person. He's hands on w/ everyone and he's objective in a good way..

..Bucher is always right, and he treats everyone like they are below him. I don't even bother to look at his chats anymore.

He isn't hands on at all. Remember when he called Rush the worst starter in the NBA solely based on PER...he clearly has not watched Rush play defense. He bases all his opinions on PER without taking into account the stuff that PER doesn't get right.

BringJackBack
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
He isn't hands on at all. Remember when he called Rush the worst starter in the NBA solely based on PER...he clearly has not watched Rush play defense. He bases all his opinions on PER without taking into account the stuff that PER doesn't get right.

Not true. Check his twitter, chats, etc.. His articles. He's good at what he does.

I could say that Ronny Turiaf is the worst starter in the NBA, and the Knicks fans would throw a big fit like we all did on here. It's an opinion, and to look at a guy that averaged 9, 4, and 1 wouldn't be impressive.

focused444
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Hopefully Bird makes the right decisions over the next year and Bucher can get a closer look at the Pacers young talent as a sideline reporter at one of their playoff games...

Speed
01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Hollingers chat 1/27/11

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36677

Geoff (Philadelphia, PA)

What are the odds that the Pacers make a big move before the deadline? They aren't playing well and have a lot of expiring deals they can offer along with Danny Granger. Thoughts?

John Hollinger (2:01 PM)

The only way I see Indy doing something is if they can effectively buy their 2011 free agent right now. Otherwise they'd probably rather go into the summer with the cap space and accelerate the slo-mo rebuilding project

and

Jake (San Antonio)

Mayo and Randolph for Granger and Ford. Good for everyone? Does Bird balk at the personalities of the Grizz players?

John Hollinger (2:06 PM)

There's no way the Pacers are taking on Zach Randolph after what they've gone through to try to clear their roster of shaky character guys. He's a free agent after the season, so perhaps they could do it as a rental, but I can't see why you'd move Granger for him in a salary dump.

-----------

Funny, that Mayo/Zbo for DG/Ford trade crossed my mind earlier today.