PDA

View Full Version : Another Nick van Exel "rumour"

Mourning
02-06-2004, 10:06 AM
NOT AGAIN!!! :o

"Spotlight on Nick Van Exel

Don't be surprised if the Golden State point guard is wearing a new uniform by the Feb. 19 trade deadline. A source close to Van Exel said Portland and Indiana have interest in trading for Van Exel.

Portland is considering trading forward Rasheed Wallace to Golden State in exchange for Van Exel and center Erick Dampier. Point guard has been an area of concern for Indiana, and Van Exel's mother lives in Indianapolis. Van Exel reportedly has been critical of Warriors coach Eric Musselman and would like to be back in a winning situation. He said recently that he wouldn't mind playing for a Texas team in the future.

Van Exel, who played in Denver from 1998-2002, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds while being bothered by knee problems. He was listed as probable for tonight's game after suffering a hip pointer during Thursday's practice."

How does everybody here feel about this?

I think IF we trade we better get a decent C (which is almost ... :spitout: IMPOSSIBLE!) of a SG who could succeed Reggie eventually, however Freddie has been playing very well the last two months, so I would rather have us go for a C, but again I dont see that happenning anytime soon. Anyway, I dont see PG as such a problem momentarely that we need serious "upgrading" for via a trade.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Ragnar
02-06-2004, 10:23 AM
The Warriors are suposedly sending Damp along with Nick the Quick but they are trying to clear cap room and we dont have any ending deals (too bad we dont still have mercer)

There is no way they would take Cro and Pollard but if they would we would be getting there. I think it would take Al and maybe Foster to make it work for them. We would probably have to get Toronto involved because they have some ending deals and need a center Maybe we could send Pollard to Toronto for ending deals.

Mourning
02-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Maybe Al, Pollard and Brewer is what they are thinking about?

Regards,

Ragnar
02-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Well to make it work we would have to send Pollard, Cro, Harrington and Jones. Foster is base year and I dont want them to send Brewer out for a renta pg.

Anthem
02-06-2004, 12:05 PM
They'll move him and Damp for Sheed and a pick/project.

indygeezer
02-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Let's see trade for 'Sheed or trade for anything we might have to offer... hmmmmm not much decision making there. :idea: it's "sheed all the way.

Slick Pinkham
02-06-2004, 12:53 PM
10.9 million dollars.

That's what NVE makes.

Al + Pollard,

Pollard + Croshere :laugh:

There just aren't too many possibilities, and I'd prefer not to have NVE as a Pacer.

beast23
02-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Since the 01/02 season, Van Exel has about 41%, and averaged 15 shots and 32 minutes per game. Or about 1 shot every 2 minutes played.

For comparison purposes, JO averages about 1 shot every 2 minutes played, and Ron and Al average 1 shot every 2-1/2 minutes played.

Van Exel makes 10.9M this season, 11.8 next season for which he also has a player option, and 12.7 for 2005/2006, for which we would have a team option.

Is Van Exel what we really want? And, if so, can he really play substantial minutes with JO and Ron both on the floor?

Mourning
02-06-2004, 02:19 PM
WHY in the name of ALL that is holy and good are we not looking for that other fellow on their roster, who they ALSO want to trade named ...
Eric Dampier?!

JO could return to PF where he's best suited, we fix our SF logjamand all our best players could start. We will no doubt have the Forward and Center positions manned best in the east, while we could all but dominate the best 2 or 3 West teams in those positions too.

Problem who exactly, besides Al, do we give them??? There are a few possibilities but, most of them either dont make sense or are risky.

like:

Dampier and Eschmeyer (I know he's injured and he has several contract years left now)

for:

Al and Pollard

Thoughts?

Regards,

Gyron
02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Notice how many trade rumors are now popping up that the trade deadline is comng close.

I dont see us making any trades year due to the current success of the team.

I'm not sure Walsh/Bird would be willing to mess with the chemeistry that the team has right now.

But I guess we shall see. less than 2 more weeks till the dead line

Slick Pinkham
02-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Indiana trades:
PG Kenny Anderson (6.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 24.4 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes)

Indiana receives:
C Chris Mills (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.1 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -3.2 apg.

Boston trades:
C Chris Mills (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes)

Boston receives:
PG Kenny Anderson (6.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 28 games)
C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 37 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.1 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and +3.2 apg.

Why? Boston holds Mills' ending contract, but wants to win the 8th playoff spot.

The Pacers have no need for Mills, who is hurt, but have little need for Pollard and KA, the Cletics also chip in a 1st round pick (theirs or the one from Dallas).

6.6 million comes of the Pacers payroll (Mills is paid by medical insurance).

TRADE ACCEPTED

Mourning
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
No, can't do, sorry! :borg:

;)

Regards,

Ragnar
02-06-2004, 03:24 PM
10.9 million dollars.

That's what NVE makes.

Al + Pollard,

Pollard + Croshere :laugh:

There just aren't too many possibilities, and I'd prefer not to have NVE as a Pacer.

The Warriors are trying to move Damp and NVE together. At least thats what the press is saying

indygeezer
02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
They are also saying AInge wants another C and a PG...hmmm C's have something the W's want (or so it seems) CHris Mills ending contract.

(BTW..do we still have that exemption from the Mercer/Turkoglu trade??)

kerosene
02-06-2004, 03:58 PM
I keep reading that Memphis, Portland, and Dallas are in the Dampier and/or Van Exel sweepstakes. Orlando was mentioned once or twice also.

Anthem
02-06-2004, 05:36 PM
They are also saying AInge wants another C and a PG...hmmm C's have something the W's want (or so it seems) CHris Mills ending contract.

That's odd. What do they need another PG for? They've got two solid ones. I don't know that Kenny is an improvement.

kerosene
02-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Damp and Nick in exchange for Walker, Travis Best or Delk, and Shawn Bradley. Make it so. :D