PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

ShadowKat
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
So here's all the action. A couple of you have seen me in the Pub already, but that place seems strangely underpopulated. :confused:

As you may have noticed from the other post I just made, I'm a :clippers: fan; I was born in Anaheim when they played used to play in the Convention Centre. What - they're not good enough even to have their own stadium anymore?!?!

Idiot owner aside. :mad:

indygeezer
09-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Welcome aboard. Post often and have fun, that is what we're here for.

Kstat
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
A Clippers fan?

Quick, somebody call the guiness people, we've found one!

DrBadd01
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Welcome abroad!

Zesty
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
When I lived in Bloomington I was friends with a guy who was a lifelong Clippers fan. The first time he told me that, I said, "Ooh, I'm sorry."

Interesting guy; he was from Long Beach, said he used to live in a pretty rough neighborhood, but was never as scared there as he was walking around downtown Indy. :confused:

Lord Helmet
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
:welcome: again ShadowKat!!;)

ShadowKat
09-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Interesting guy; he was from Long Beach, said he used to live in a pretty rough neighborhood, but was never as scared there as he was walking around downtown Indy. :confused:

Yeah, I can relate to that, strangely enough...at the end of last year I went back to OC, and the whole time I was there and walking around the streets, I had the strangest feeling of invincibility - I felt like no matter what happened to me, nothing could hurt me. :shrug: Very odd.

SoupIsGood
09-08-2004, 08:12 PM
A Clippers fan, eh?

I have a question for you then. Try to be unbiased.

Who's better, Brand or J.O.?

Over on a Kings board that was debated, but they're Kings fans, they don't watch either team closely. (Plus Kings fans are stoopid... j/k)

Welcome to the board, by the way. Post early and post often. :flirt:

MSA2CF
09-08-2004, 08:17 PM
I suspect Mark Jackson is your all-time favorite Clipper...

:nod:

Kstat
09-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Nah, Danny Ferry :p

ChicagoJ
09-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Really guys, it has to be Swen Nater.

Does Billy Knight count? The Clippers were in Buffalo then.

Seriously however, last month when I was in SoCal, we visited my cousins in Long Beach - they are very involved with a predominantly Cambodian church in a rough area of LB. I felt safe there. But my commuter train goes right through Michael Finley's hometown/ suburb (Maywood), and if I wasn't on a train there I wouldn't feel safe.

:shrug:

Kstat
09-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Hey Jay, its a fan of a team that Chuck Person actually COULD dominate back in the day........:p

Is this an early christmas gift for you, or what?

Anthem
09-09-2004, 02:11 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Newble, but I admit I'm curious. Did anyone with "sources" ever hear any more about that Newble/Pollard swap?

ShadowKat
09-09-2004, 07:39 AM
I suspect Mark Jackson is your all-time favorite Clipper...

:nod:

Actually...I never knew that he was a Clip, but if he was... hell yeah!!!! I first heard of him when he landed in SLC (I currently live in SW Utah and I'll be a huge :jazz: fan at least until they finally win a championship...) and I really liked him. Incidentally, I also consider Donyell Marshall a decent reason to respect the Bulls nowadays.

Hrm...Elton Brand or Jermaine O'neal? Mmmph, tough call...I don't know a great deal about either; but from what I do know, I'd guess they're about even, really.

sweabs
09-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Everyone loves Donyell here in Toronto...he's "Mr. Consistency" - unlike most Raptors players people have grown to know (*cough* VINCE).

ChicagoJ
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Jay, its a fan of a team that Chuck Person actually COULD dominate back in the day........:p

:shakehead:

You're on a roll with your anti-Rifleman comments lately.

:boxer:

ShadowKat
09-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Oy, Carter, don't get me started. Hate Carter. :grumble:

STOP THE VINSANITY!!!

SoupIsGood
09-09-2004, 07:33 PM

Mele Kalikimaka!