PDA

View Full Version : picture of our core

DEEman
01-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I just found this picture guys. And its a nice one that i wanted you to see.

Keep the spirit a live for a little bit longer. Don't give up on our Pacers now. I know, only 2 games better than last season. Still JOB and hit vets and awesome rotations. Still the big losses in the 4th quarter. But we have money coming of the books, or a big starter at PF/SG coming with a trade the 24th, and JOB finally gone in a couple of months max..And we have our core guys!

Go Pacers!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/photos/lineup_670_110123.jpg

Psyren
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for that. It makes me feel a little bit more hopeful for the looming trade deadline and/or free agency.

There's a lot of talent in that picture. Gives us time. We'll be back!

Hoop
01-24-2011, 10:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/photos/lineup_670_110123.jpg
Man, oh man how I'd love to see that starting lineup, with McBob and AJ off the bench.

Then for that lineup to actually play in the 2nd half and more importantly down the stretch.

We still might not win consistently, but at least the future would be playing or at least we could see if that's the future we want.

spazzxb
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
should I assume you didn't care much for the article you lifted it from? The link is in this thread.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60657

BlueNGold
01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Those guys should be the starters...every game...starting now, not next season.

Paul is going to be an absolute beast. He's way ahead of Danny at the same age...and Danny is an all-star caliber player.

spazzxb
01-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Those guys should be the starters...every game...starting now, not next season.

Paul is going to be an absolute beast. He's way ahead of Danny at the same age...and Danny is an all-star caliber player.

At the same age, Danny was like a sophomore in college. Considering it took 4 years of consistent improvement for Granger to get where he is, I would assume your probably right.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
should I assume you didn't care much for the article you lifted it from? The link is in this thread.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60657

does it really matter??

spazzxb
01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
does it really matter??

So are you annoyed that I added a link to the source of the content? The other part was a joke because it seemed like the OP made an effort to avoid mentioning it. Why do you care?

I could have called it a repost but I actually think the picture is more valuable than the article so this is a better thread. The is still nothing wrong with including the source.

Peck
01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Actually this is probably an appropriate photo as well. The new young guys on the court with Danny and O'Brien showing us all his @ss.

SMosley21
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
The Pacers organization knows that this is our core, and they have known it since before the season started. See my sig, that was part of their marketing going into the season. It just sucks that no one filled in our coach with that information.

Trophy
01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
I made this my background.

This is the first photo of all 5 of our core players actually out on the floor.

spazzxb
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I made this my background.

This is the first photo of all 5 of our core players actually out on the floor.

Is the resolution good enough for that?

Trophy
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Actually this is probably an appropriate photo as well. The new young guys on the court with Danny and O'Brien showing us all his @ss.

He's probably telling Posey he's going to come in at the next deadball.

Trophy
01-24-2011, 11:02 PM

:confused:

I hope to see more of it because that's our best lineup.

graphic-er
01-24-2011, 11:19 PM

unfortunately no.

BlueNGold
01-24-2011, 11:50 PM

Jim is clearly not watching. The correct players are on the court. Somebody needs to run over there and kick...

Trophy
01-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Jim is clearly not watching. The correct players are on the court. Somebody needs to run over there and kick...

:rotflmao:

Sookie
01-25-2011, 12:26 AM

Looks like he's leaning over to like..kiss one of the players...has to be Posey..

huber14
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
can we get a high res pic up in this grizzle?

Merz
01-25-2011, 12:52 AM
So are you annoyed that I added a link to the source of the content? The other part was a joke because it seemed like the OP made an effort to avoid mentioning it. Why do you care?

I could have called it a repost but I actually think the picture is more valuable than the article so this is a better thread. The is still nothing wrong with including the source.

I see why "spazz" is in your user name.

As for the picture...I like it. I hope they can add an athletic 4/5 that can score in the post to the core by nest season. Someone who can either back up both spots or make Hans the 6th man.

pacer4ever
01-25-2011, 12:56 AM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j430/pacer4ever/lineup_670_110123-1.jpg

Best I can do looks good as my backround

pacer4ever
01-25-2011, 01:00 AM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j430/pacer4ever/lineup_670_110123-1-1.jpg

Midcoasted
01-25-2011, 01:17 AM
This is the lineup I've been running with against my friends for a while now. I think Paul George is going to be a beast. He kind of reminds me of a young Kobe, and if that's what we have on our hands, we will be blessed. There's no telling how far Paul George can develop by the time he is 24, but I definitely think he will be better than Granger. If this is true, maybe Granger doesn't fit with us after all. Does he really want to wait three more years while George Hansbrough Collison Price and Hibbert develop?

pacer4ever
01-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Ok last 1 just for fun

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j430/pacer4ever/lineup_670_110123-1-1-1.jpg

pizza guy
01-25-2011, 01:28 AM
This picture is great, it's so full of hope and promise. It also scares me a little bit. I'm as excited to watch this group develop as anyone. I would LOVE to see DC become the next top tier point guard in the NBA, and Hibbert solidify his play and be the kind of player we saw early this season. Hansbrough has, I think, already exceeded some expectations, and I hope he can continue. Danny, well, we all know what Danny can do. And possibly the brightest, and scariest of the bunch, is Paul George.

Here's a kid we picked because he has that magical/dreaded "p" word. I won't say it, but you know what it is. If he turns out to be the player we're all hoping, then this group can be a real contender. If he falls short of these hopes, even if just barely, then we're looking at being a pretender who can beat anyone, but doesn't. We're talking about PG24 being the next T-Mac. McGrady had 8 straight years of 20+ ppg, and one year over 30! If PG24 hits that kind of ceiling, and avoids the T-Mac injuries, we've really got something. But, if he stops at Granger's level, is that good enough?

We need a Superman. Someone with uncanny, unnatural abilities. Danny is Batman because he's a normal guy who works his tail off, and uses tools to do well. Is having two Batmans (Danny and PG) and two Aquamans (DC and Roy) and a Hulk (Hans) good enough? Can that win in today's NBA? Or does PG24 HAVE to become Superman for this all to work?

I'm not trying to be negative, really. I'm really excited to watch this team as we move forward. There's going to be a lot of pressure on George, and I hope he can handle it. From the looks of things, he appears to have an honest shot at it. I hope so.

spazzxb
01-25-2011, 01:32 AM
I see why "spazz" is in your user name.

As for the picture...I like it. I hope they can add an athletic 4/5 that can score in the post to the core by nest season. Someone who can either back up both spots or make Hans the 6th man.

Spazz is my dogs name. xb is for xbox, since Spazz is my xbox live gamertag.

anyone else notice it kinda looks like Tyler is doing a little River Dance there.

15th parallel
01-25-2011, 05:50 AM
If we definitely see this lineup for most part of any game (especially on the last quarter), this is definitely inspiring. That maybe above average at best as compared to the core youth of other teams, but I believe with solid chemistry for this lineup, plus solid additions in the coming FA/trade/draft, we'll definitely become a successful team after a few years.

The Jackson shimmy
01-25-2011, 07:18 AM
The most egregiously overused word on PD ? Core.

Nice pic though.

colts19
01-25-2011, 12:37 PM
This is the lineup I've been running with against my friends for a while now. I think Paul George is going to be a beast. He kind of reminds me of a young Kobe, and if that's what we have on our hands, we will be blessed. There's no telling how far Paul George can develop by the time he is 24, but I definitely think he will be better than Granger. If this is true, maybe Granger doesn't fit with us after all. Does he really want to wait three more years while George Hansbrough Collison Price and Hibbert develop?

Dude, this is why I never say a rookie is going to be better than our best player. Go back a couple years and a lot of posters were saying that about Shawne Williams. Lets wait until he has actually done something before we make these comparisons.

pacer4ever
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Dude, this is why I never say a rookie is going to be better than our best player. Go back a couple years and a lot of posters were saying that about Shawne Williams. Lets wait until he has actually done something before we make these comparisons.

Never compare them two that is making Paul look bad. Shawne had work ethic promblems coming out at memphis and didnt have nearly the poentinal or talent Shawne is purly a spot up shooter because he didnt work on his game.

spazzxb
01-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Never compare them two that is making Paul look bad. Shawne had work ethic promblems coming out at memphis and didnt have nearly the poentinal or talent Shawne is purly a spot up shooter because he didnt work on his game.

Shawn had "friends that are murderer's" issues, however his rookie season he looked like a talented 19 yo PF with a sweet stroke from three. There was alot of potential there that didn't pan out. I think George is better than Williams but there is nothing insulting about comparing fan expectations for two players in their rookie years. They are completely different players, but George still needs to prove himself. There is nothing wrong with being realistic.

NuffSaid
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I didn't notice that when I first saw this picture earlier this morning.

That's hilarious! :p

BillS
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
They better be careful, or someone will start calling next year's rookies and FAs the "bore" and all h3ll will break loose...

LA_Confidential
01-26-2011, 11:03 AM

Looks to me like he's puking his guts out Alvin Gentry style. Makes Jimmy sick to his stomach to see that much youth and talent on the floor at once.

daschysta
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
If paul george reaches half of his potential this core will be a sure of a hell lot better than average.

Not many cores have someone that could be as good as paul. an all rookie first team point guard, a center with potential to be very good, Brandon who has alot of potential as well, and some powerforwards with the potential to be starting caliber in the league.

We have the potential to be a very, very good team (50 win plus) for a long time with just a few more good vets and some experience.