PDA

View Full Version : .500 finish is very attainable: Third times a charm!

Phree Refill
01-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Back for year 3! As many of you know, the past two years at the midway point I've started the most optimistic thread in the history of the universe. Well... tis the season. I only hope that my nauseating enthusiasm will at least bring some joy to a few people. But before I jump into the meat of this thread, Iíd like to say a few things.

As Iíve visited the board the past couple months, I can honestly say that the overall mood on the board is easily the darkest itís been in the 4 years Iíve been reading it. I fully understand that lately there hasnít been too much to be excited about but it seems to me that members have been taking their frustrations out on other posters. The thing I enjoyed most about PD is the exceptional depth that usually accompanies each post. However over the past 2 months on several occasions while reading various threads Iíve actually found myself becoming a little embarrassed at the poisonous things other posters have been typing, both directed at the team and at other posters. Donít get me wrong, I am certainly all for voicing individual opinions. But there is a clear line between thoughtful objection and pure hatred. The unfortunate part is as the negativity has increased, Iíve noticed the frequency of contributions by some of my favorite posters has decreased. Whether the two are connected I do not know but a part of me believes they are not completely unrelated.

Iím not saying we all need to put on a happy face and be oblivious to negative things the team goes through. But I donít think itís too much to ask that we simply stop and put some thought into what weíre about to post and consider if it is potentially offensive to other members. PD may not mean much to some of you (and I can respect that) but I believe it is one of the best sports forums on the internet as evidenced by the fact that it is frequented by players and media personalities alike. Lets represent it with class.

-----

Now that I got that out of the wayÖ time for the whole point of this thread. Like I stated above, for those of you who have been around the past couple years you know that I have started a thread laying out a path for us reach .500. Unfortunately weíve came up short both years. Two years ago we were 15-26 at the half way point. We finished the season 21-20 for a 36-46 record but it was not until the last 10 games or so before .500 was no longer reachable. Last year we were 14-27 midways and just 21 games later .500 became impossible. We finished 16-25 for a 30-52 record. Both years once .500 became mathematically impossible I abandoned the thread.

The good news for this year is that weíve had the ďbestĒ start to the season in 3 years with a 16-25 record. Perhaps we can turn things around in the next 41 to finally achieve the .500 goal. As in years past Iíve broken the schedule down into groups; groups based upon the number of games we have against each team from here on out. So Group A is teams we play once more the rest of the season. Group B is teams we play twice more the rest of the season. Group C three times and Group D 4 times. We no longer play the Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, or Spurs this year. That alone is a big advantage spotted to us for the second half.

This yearís Group A shapes up like this:
Cleveland, Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Looking through those teams I think we need to pull a 9-4 record out of this group. Iíll go ahead and share my ďpredictionsĒ and say I think weíll only loose to Utah, Oklahoma City, Dallas, and New Orleans. I think the other games are certainly winnable for this team with the toughest being Atlanta. I think we stop them from sweeping us this season.

Group B looks like this:
Orlando, Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

I think weíll pull one game from Chicago, Charlotte and Minnesota and take both games from Toronto, Milwaukee and Washington for a 9-9 record in Group B. This group is the wildcard of the bunch as it presents the most chances to ďstealĒ games Iím not anticipating us to win. It may be turn out to be the key group to reaching this yearís goal.

Group C this year is New York and New Jersey. I think we can pull all three games from New Jersey and one game from New York for a 4-2 Group C record.

Interestingly enough Group D is the same this year as last. Detroit. Iím giving us one throw away game to the Pistons for a 3-1 Group D record. That gets us to 25-16 for the second half of the season.

So it breaks down like this:

0-0 against Group A (9-4)
0-0 against Group B (9-9)
0-0 against Group C (4-2)
0-0 against Group D (3-1)

*Note record in parenthesis is what I projected us to be against that group.

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland, Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando, Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

0-0 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit

We kick this thing off Wednesday with a chance to immediately steal a game I did not allot for us to win against Orlando. It could be a huge start for our .500 aspirations.

BRushWithDeath
01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
A fool's errand for the third straight year.

I applaud the dedication to your cause however.

Hoop
01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I've always heard the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, just saying. ;)

DGPR
01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
This year I'm just not feeling it, but I still love the optimism.

Pacers4Life
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I'll ride this train.

bulldog
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I will too.

According to ESPN, our strength of schedule is 8th highest in the NBA.
http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Teams at the top and bottom of the league also have a tendency to get worse near the end of the season, as they either tank or take their foot off the gas to get ready for the playoffs.

Teams in the middle, like ours, often put together good stretches near the end of the season. I bet we finish pretty close to 0.500. Hollinger's playoff odds, which is not the greatest measure but does a good job of incorporating strength of schedule for making future projections, picks us to finish at 37-45. And there's a reasonable chance we do better than that. I think we'll finish close to 40 wins.

We are not the first mediocre team to struggle on a West Coast road trip.

DocHolliday
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Good grief.

HeliumFear
01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
We always make a late push,so...who knows?

I'm for playing the young guys and seeing what happens. I don't care if that ends with us having a better pick or us making the playoffs. I don't care if it means barely missing the playoffs. I just want Posey to stop playing,and George/Rush/Price/Hans/McBob/Hibby to see as much of the floor as they can handle.

IIRC we started winning games last season once the young guys started seeing more floor time. I could see it happening again. I think George getting more minutes might just give us the spark on offense we need. Then again,O'Brien seems to enjoy playing vets at the end of games,regardless of who starts. So....who knows?

Phree Refill
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
As expected we lost to the Magic. That second quarter really killed us. We cut it to single digits several times in the 4th and appeared ready to claw our way back into the game but poor offensive execution and timely three's by Orlando put an end to any hope of winning the game. When the opponent shoots nearly 50% from deep and scores 48 points out there you can pretty much kiss your chance of winning goodbye. Nonetheless, I did not expect us to beat the Magic in either of our matchups with them in the second half so this loss is not detrimental to the .500 push.

As it stands we are:

0-1 against Group B (9-9)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland, Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey

Next up is New Jersey. We NEED this win not only to keep my projections alive but for team moral.

PaceBalls
01-26-2011, 10:28 PM
At least our bigs won't have to worry about covering Troy Murphy on the perimeter. :p

Phree Refill
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice win tonight. The defense was pretty good. I don't know if it can be attributed to the Nets offense being so dreadful or if we just stepped it up a notch. Probably a combination of both. George looks like he will be a beast sooner rather than later. Lets hope the momentum carries to Chicago tomorrow. It'll be a tough game to win but if we maintain the tenacity we showed tonight we'll have a very good chance. Good start to Group C.

As it stands we are:

1-0 against Group C (4-2)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(1W)

PaceBalls
01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice win tonight. The defense was pretty good. I don't know if it can be attributed to the Nets offense being so dreadful or if we just stepped it up a notch. Probably a combination of both. George looks like he will be a beast sooner rather than later. Lets hope the momentum carries to Chicago tomorrow.

We are going to get curbstomped tomorrow, but I'd like to comment on George with you.

I think he will be a beast sooner than later too. You see how effortless the game seems to come to him, I can see him being our leading scorer next year, if not then, then the year after for sure. Once he puts it all together, which he has alot of it together already... but imagine him with a sweet floater, or the low post game... Jeeezz this kid could be really special if he puts the work in.

Phree Refill
01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Funny how things can change in a matter of hours. We went from extreme depression after the Chicago loss to pure jubilation upon the O'Brien firing. I can't help but believe it will only benefit our .500 hopes. Excited to see the Toronto game tonight.

As it stands we are:

0-2 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

0-2 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(1W)

Phree Refill
02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
The win last night may not have been pretty but a win is a win. When the 20 point lead crumbled I had one of those "here we go again" feelings that seems all to familiar over the last couple weeks when we had a tendency to let our double digit leads slip away. We were able to weather the run Toronto put together and we methodically built the lead back to a comfortable level in the second part of the 4th. Whether that was Vogel's doing or the player's I don't really care so long as we get a W. Tomorrow's game is a trap game if I ever saw one. We need a good start to establish the tempo and thwart any chance the cavs may have at beating us.

As it stands we are:

1-2 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

Phree Refill
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
The Cleveland win was our first of Group A. Glad to see we were able to grind that one out. Hopefully we can get Group A win number 2 Friday against Portland.

As it stands we are:

1-0 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami, Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

Anthem
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I admire you.

Last year, I didn't even bother starting my yearly magic number thread.

Might need to this year, though.

MTM
02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
This is a really good post. Thanks for the effort. After Vogel was hired, I opened up the schedule and did some mental math on where I thought the team might end up as best case scenario. But I definitely did not put this type of thought or work into it. For some reason the "Thanks for this helpful post" button is not appearing for me on your original post, but you deserve it. Let's see if this year's your charmed year.

PacerPenguins
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
The Cleveland win was our first of Group A. Glad to see we were able to grind that one out. Hopefully we can get Group A win number 2 Friday against Portland.

As it stands we are:

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

wow this is awesome.... i can see us on the B, C, and D record but for group A thats going to be tough.... and in group D there is no reason we should lose to detroit at all

FlavaDave
02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
This is a really good post. Thanks for the effort. After Vogel was hired, I opened up the schedule and did some mental math on where I thought the team might end up as best case scenario. But I definitely did not put this type of thought or work into it. For some reason the "Thanks for this helpful post" button is not appearing for me on your original post, but you deserve it. Let's see if this year's your charmed year.

This.

I also can't find the "thank" button for the original post, but this thread is the shizz.

LA_Confidential
02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
This.

I also can't find the "thank" button for the original post, but this thread is the shizz.

:iagree:

Phree Refill
02-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Very enjoyable win tonight. I liked how Tyler got under the Blazers' skin. On a few plays before Andre Miller shoved him, Joel Pryzbilla was staring Tyler down after Tyler drew a foul on him. Its little plays like those that make me glad Tyler is on our team and not our opposition. Though he didn't score much, Paul George had some jaw dropping plays. That ISO at the end of the third was awesome. I could get used to seeing that more often. Great start to Group A.

As it stands we are:

2-0 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

I think Sunday's game at Jersey will be a tough one. Hopefully we show up Sunday with the same defensive effort we had tonight.

Hoop
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Props to Phree Refill ! Was not possible with JOB, still not sure if it's possible, but I appreciate your effort.

P.S. Love your avatar.

LA_Confidential
02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
:bump: Should be updated after every game. Where ya at Refill?

Phree Refill
02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
:bump: Should be updated after every game. Where ya at Refill?

lol I still have till 7:30 tomorrow evening to get the update in...
Actually I was occupied with Super Bowl party stuff yesterday so I apologize for not updating the thread in a timely manner. I can promise you however that for all the remaining games I will at least have the thread updated with the previous game's results before we take the floor for the next game.... at least so long as .500 is mathematically possible.

For the third time I find myself wanting to comment on Paul George but before I do I'm gonna take a little detour. Because the game was not televised locally yesterday, I had to listen to it on the radio. It brought back fond memories from when I was a kid. We had neither cable or satellite in my house so the only way for me to stay connected to the team was to listen to the games on the radio. Listening to Mark and Slick yesterday made me realize how much I missed listening to them. I always admire the level of sophistication Mark brings to his commentary that is rarely seen in broadcasting and Slick's blatant honesty and straight shooter personality compliments Mark perfectly. They truly are one of a kind in the business and we're lucky to have them.

Anyway, what that has to do with Paul George is not long after he made his "swashbuckling drive," Mark made a comment that he thought George has the potential to be the best player to dawn a Pacers jersey he's seen in his 22 years as the voice of the Pacers. I thought that was incredible considering we've had some very talented players come through here in the last 22 years. At varying times I would say that we had a player that was top 10 talent in the league. Perhaps even top 5 talent if you consider the fact that Jermaine finished 3rd in MVP voting in the 03-04 season. So to be able to derive that kind of assessment from a kid that has only played 27 games is quite impressive.

Our 4 game win streak has catapulted us back into the playoff hunt for the first time in 4 years. WE control our own destiny. If we take care of business on our end from here on out we WILL be in the playoffs and that, my friends, is something to be excited about. Terrific start to Goup C. Halfway to reaching our goal for that group.

As it stands we are:

2-0 against Group C (4-2)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)

Tomorrow's game is a measuring stick game against Miami. They've finally started performing up to expectations. I did not allot for us to win either of our remaining games against the Heat but if we play hard for 48 minutes and keep the game close we just may be able to steal a game right out from under their nose in their own house. Bring on the Heat. GO PACERS!!!

Phree Refill
02-09-2011, 07:27 AM
What a game last night. I felt like that was probably the most intense game we have played in the past 4 years. It didn't just have playoff feel to it but it felt like it was a game 7 of the NBA finals. I don't recall seeing one single smile on Lebron's face all game which I found to be out of character for him. He seemed to have this focus about him that I wasn't used to seeing. If someone were to tell me we'd be down 3 with the ball and 8 seconds left before that game started, I would have already been satisfied because that means our guys had to of played with great effort. It was obvious the Heat were fighting with all their might and we almost were too much for them to handle. And I can't help but think that we weren't even performing to the best of our ability. I think this team still has another level or two they can achieve and if we do, we're gonna be downright scary. Roy's tweet after the game was also encouraging because it sounds like the players aren't too down on themselves after the loss. Hard fought close losses to elite teams are much easier for me to swallow than blowouts or close losses to cellar dwellers.

As it stands we are:

1-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

1-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)

Lets take our frustrations out on the Bobcats tonight. If we take last night's effort and apply it against a mediocre team I'll be very curious to see what the outcome is.

Unclebuck
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I still think it is going to be very difficult to get back to .500 and finish the season 41-41. From 17-27 that would mean the pacers would have to go 24-14 to finish the season or a 64% winning % or a 52 game winning pace. Pacers are not a 52 win team

Phree Refill
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Sending in this update from hooters just outside conseco. Amazed Stephen Jackson didn't get that foul call at the end. It happened right in front of my section and it appeared to me he sufficiently drew contact. I'll take any break the refs give us though. GO PACERS!

As it stands we are:

2-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

2-3 against Group B (9-9)

Spirit
02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I still think it is going to be very difficult to get back to .500 and finish the season 41-41. From 17-27 that would mean the pacers would have to go 24-14 to finish the season or a 64% winning % or a 52 game winning pace. Pacers are not a 52 win team
Who knows. I bet you never would have guessed we'd be 5-1 our last six games, either.

BringJackBack
02-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Hell I didn't really notice that we're only 6 games under .500.

TMJ31
02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Hell I didn't really notice that we're only 6 games under .500.

Exactly, if we win even at a 2-1 clip the rest of the year, we should be back to .500 or so (too lazy to do the exact math)

Jared Sullinger
02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Perhaps I'm a bit nutty, but I'm actually feeling a run towards .500 this year. The talent level is finally there to make it a possibility.

MyFavMartin
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM
We might be 0.500 when March rolls around.

Unclebuck
02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Exactly, if we win even at a 2-1 clip the rest of the year, we should be back to .500 or so (too lazy to do the exact math)

you do realize a 2-1 clip (for a whole season equals 55 wins) would put the Pacers in the top 5 in the NBA. last season only 4 teams won 55 games or more. (cavs, lakers, mavs and Magic) and the year before only 3 teams won 55 or more games. So that just isn''t realistic unless you think the pacers are capable of being a top 5 team in the NBA with the lakers, Celtics, Heat and maybe 1 or 2 other teams.

Phildog
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
you do realize a 2-1 clip (for a whole season equals 55 wins) would put the Pacers in the top 5 in the NBA. last season only 4 teams won 55 games or more. (cavs, lakers, mavs and Magic) and the year before only 3 teams won 55 or more games. So that just isn''t realistic unless you think the pacers are capable of being a top 5 team in the NBA with the lakers, Celtics, Heat and maybe 1 or 2 other teams.

That's true, but aren't talking a full season. We are talking less than a half a season, and against the easier part of our schedule.

While it may not happen, I think the author of the thread does an excellent job of showing how we can do it.

naptownmenace
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
That's true, but aren't talking a full season. We are talking less than a half a season, and against the easier part of our schedule.

While it may not happen, I think the author of the thread does an excellent job of showing how we can do it.

I think a lot of people haven't realized that just like 2 seasons ago, the second half of the season is much easier than the first half. There's not a lot of games against the top 10 teams left.

The Pacers don't play the Lakers or Spurs again this season. They only have 1 more game against OKC, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, and Chicago. They play Boston and NY twice.

On the other hand, they play Detroit 4 times, Milwaukee and Minnesota twice, and have games against Sacramento, NJ, and Toronto remaining. They should be able to win at least 9 of these games... 8 at the very worst.

My guess is that they'll post a 20 - 12 record the rest of the way and finish 42-40.

TMJ31
02-10-2011, 01:36 PM

I realize this, but you are stretching that success out over a whole season.

I am just saying that based on our schedule and the changes that have taken place on our team with Vogel coming in, I do not find it at all unrealistic to expect that we can win 2 out of every 3 games for the remainder of our season. Not at all.

PacerPenguins
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
we play minny and philly plays the spurs if we win and the phillies lose then well be tied for the 7th spot in the EAST!

Pacer in Your Face
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Perhaps I'm a bit nutty, but I'm actually feeling a run towards .500 this year. The talent level is finally there to make it a possibility.

i think your right.
Btw i really love the dancing bananas.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

:buddies::buddies::buddies:

Phree Refill
02-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Impressive come back win tonight. I like the poise and steadiness the team has showed over the past 7 games. Unlike earlier in the season, tonight I felt like even with a sizable deficit we were still right in it. I planned on one loss to the T-Wolves so this win tonight gives us some slack when we go to their place in March. We now have an even record for Group B.

As it stands we are:

3-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

3-3 against Group B (9-9)

Time for revenge tomorrow night in Milwaukee. I hope we jump out early and never let up.

Jared Sullinger
02-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Even with this hot streak we're still five games below .500. Damn you, December and January! Damn you to hell!

ilive4sports
02-12-2011, 12:47 AM
There are 31 games left this year. That means we need to go 18-13 the rest of the way. That is definitely something we can do.

Phree Refill
02-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Another impressive victory last night. When it got to crunch time in the 4th, we came up with the stops we needed while putting the ball in the hoop on the offensive end. Too bad Philly and New York both won. But if we continue playing like we are, things will take care of themselves. Next game we have against Milwaukee will be in Conseco so that bodes well for us winning both matchups. Last night's win gives us a winning record in Group B for now.

As it stands we are:

4-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

4-3 against Group B (9-9)

We get another crack at the Heat Tuesday. I am hoping the Heat win today against the Celtics so that they may relax a little when they come to Conseco. Then I hope we absolutely stomp them into embarrassment.

BRushWithDeath
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
When this thread was started, I didn't think there was any way. Then the change was made and the team looks completely different. We were in a huge hole but we may have a chance to claw out of it.

Phree Refill
02-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Tough game last night. As the Wade massacre was taking place in the first quarter and the Miami lead ballooned to 20 points, there was a little girl a row or two back from me (she couldn't have been more than 4 years old) that spoke one of the saddest sounding things I had ever heard. With her voice almost trembling she said slowly, "why are they playing so terrible daddy?" Her father was at a loss for words. Luckily AJ Price and company turned things around for us in the 2nd quarter and we made it not only a respectable game but a very fun and enjoyable game. Even with the loss, I had tons of fun last night. Being part of sell out crowd was awesome. The place was ready to erupt on the verge of every big play we had.

I will be honest, had it of been a "close" game the entire time with us trailing by 5 points or so for all 48 minutes i wouldn't be as up beat right now. The fact that we were down 24 and roared back to take a 5 point lead tells me we are fully capable of outplaying the Heat. Obviously we would have liked to of won that game but even though it was a loss it still gave me plenty to be happy about. Give us the rest of the season to hone our grind-it-out 4th quarter offense and I think we'll have what it takes to beat Miami. There isn't much we can do on the defensive end because the refs will bail them out. Wade's football stiff arm to D. Jones in the 4th was horrendous no call (granted Jones flopped a little but it was obvious Wade shoved him). The very first play of the game pretty much set the officiating tone when Hibbert got the ball down low and was hacked by two different Heat player on his way up with the shot. Regardless, to beat the Heat our guys just have to accept that they'll need to overcome lopsided officiating to get a victory. The fact that we were able to get a 5 point lead after being down 24 was nothing short of a miracle. We'll get the Heat eventually. And man it will be sweet when we do.

As it stands we are:

4-4 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)*

Gonna be a tough game tonight. I'm really worried about this one because I'm afraid our guys may be down after the loss last night and perhaps already in a vacation frame of mind with it being the last game before the break. Tonight's game will tell me more about Vogel's coaching than almost any other game we've played; be interesting to see if he can get our players pumped up to play hard.

Phree Refill
02-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Disappointing loss last night. It seemed for 45 and a half minutes of regulation and all of overtime our guys just didn't play with a sense of urgency. Going into the break just 4 games below .500 would have been huge but now 6 games below seems much more daunting. Luckily I planned for us to loose one game to the Pistons but now we have no wiggle room in the 3 remaining match-ups. The good news is so far we have performed exactly as I had hoped and we're still right on track for my path to .500.

As it stands we are:

0-1 against Group D (3-1)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1L)

See you all on the other side of the break!

Phree Refill
02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Good start for the final 28. The bench was instrumental in last night's victory. We're just 4 games away from the Group B goal.

As it stands we are:

5-4 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1L)

Let's not have a repeat performance of last Wednesday tonight against the Pistons.

Phree Refill
02-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Man I really don't wanna play Detroit 2 more times... They must match up well with us or something. Unlike the game last Wednesday, I felt like we played fairly well the whole time yesterday. They were just able to hang with us. Thankfully we pulled it out though.

As it stands we are:

1-1 against Group D (3-1)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1W,1L)

Friday is a toss up. I originally "predicted" us losing to Utah but with the trade going through its hard telling what will happen. It would be nice to get the win and give ourselves a cushion game to use in case we lose to like a Sacramento or Toronto that I "predicted" us beating.

Phree Refill
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
First Group A loss last night but its not detrimental to the .500 goal as I had originally allotted for a loss to the Jazz. Jefferson and Millsap killed us. If we could have slowed down Jefferson in the 4th we my have had a chance. First quarter was the most stagnant I had seen the offense since Vogel took over. Hopefully they shake it off and have a good showing Sunday.

As it stands we are:

2-1 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

2-1 against Group A (9-4)

Phree Refill
02-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Todays loss was my first miscue on the predictions. We certainly had several chances to win. I think Channing Frye was more surprised his last shot went in than anyone else in the building. It was a nice crowd in the Fieldhouse today. The people up in the balcony were especially electric. I was happy to be there for Lance's debut. Although he didn't play much his brief stint had me dreaming of the possibilities. I know a lot of people on here want Lance to play at the 2 but he looked like a giant next to Steve Nash and Aaron Brooks and I think he could be an enormous match up advantage for us at point guard in the future.

As it stands we are:

2-2 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

2-2 against Group A (9-4)

We need the win Tuesday against the Warriors to keep from giving up another I didn't plan on us losing. We'll have a couple chances this week to steal back a win to make up today's loss when we go to OKC and Dallas.

Phree Refill
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Good start to March last night. We needed that one. Tonight and Friday we have a chance to steal a game to pad the .500 push. I'm looking forward to see how we play tonight. Interested to see if Lance gets a crack at Westbrook and if he can hang with him.

As it stands we are:

3-2 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

3-2 against Group A (9-4)

Phree Refill
03-03-2011, 07:22 AM
OKC pounced on us early and kept us at arm's length for the remainder of the game. Hope the guys will get some rest and have a good showing in Dallas tomorrow.

As it stands we are:

3-3 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

3-3 against Group A (9-4)

Unclebuck
03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Phree - I am enjoying this thread, but one thing your analysis doesn't take into account is that the month of march isn't extremely difficuylt because of who the Pacers play but rather how many games they play. Pacers are tired right now and the schedule is relentless - that has and will continue to impact the Pacers ability to play well

naptownmenace
03-03-2011, 10:51 AM
It's definitely going to be difficult to get back to .500 but I still think a 39-43 record is possible.

This month of March has tons of back-to-backs and road games.

DrFife
03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Phree - I am enjoying this thread, but one thing your analysis doesn't take into account is that the month of march isn't extremely difficuylt because of who the Pacers play but rather how many games they play. Pacers are tired right now and the schedule is relentless - that has and will continue to impact the Pacers ability to play well

Mitigated, according to Frank, by players logging under 30 mpg. Or do you not believe him?

BillS
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Mitigated, according to Frank, by players logging under 30 mpg. Or do you not believe him?

Playing less than 30 mpg might help, but you can be exhausted from more than just on-the-floor time. Constantly playing on away courts, not having your routine, travel time impinging on down time and routines, all kinds of other things. Add in that playing all your active players pretty much guarantees you are going to have unfamiliar and disruptive lineups on the floor, and it isn't some kind of magic bullet.

He didn't say guys wouldn't be tired because of his playing time strategy. He said he was going to reduce playing time in order to help, not fix, the situation.

Unclebuck
03-03-2011, 11:20 AM

I only have a second, so this is probably going to come across more negative than I intend.

If Frank can get his players to believe it, more power to him, but I don't buy that argument. (actually Bill has beat me to it)

This type of schedule has a longer term impact than a few games. I always figure two days between games is needed to recover. 1 day between is status quo. back to back games zaps the energy.

if the pacers had 3 days off before last night the pacers still would not have won the game, but it would have been competitive.

Phree Refill
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
One thing I'm banking on is the fact that the later in March we get the more likely some of our opponents will begin to enter "tank" mode. In the last 6 games of March we play Jersey, Sacramento, and Detroit twice. I imagine at least two of those teams will have their eyes turned toward the lottery rather than winning. I'm not saying that they'll roll over an die for us but the thought of tanking in their minds may be enough to offset the exhaustion our team will be facing.

Shade
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
There's no way we go 6-1 against Group A. In fact, 1-6 is far more plausible against those teams.

Pacer Fan
03-04-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Phree Refill
03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Another loss last night. I did not expect us to win either game against OKC or Dallas so both losses are not devastating to our .500 push. Shade is probably right though. We'd have to go 6-0 the rest of the way in Group A to hit that goal and thats not very likely. BUT Group B may present some opportunities to erase some of the Group A losses. We've had a decent start to Group B at 5-4 and I was predicting a 9-9 record for Group B. So there are plenty of chances to exceed the Group B goal.

As it stands we are:

3-4 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

3-4 against Group A (9-4)

Tonight is a critical game for my .500 path because if we lose we'll be 2 games behind on my predictions. I think its certainly a winable game. If we play with the same intensity as last night I think it may be enough to get a win against Houston.

Shade
03-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I think, had we started the season with Vogel, .500 would have been a realistic goal. In fact, since Frank took over, we have beaten every sub-.500 team except Detroit, and lost to every winning team except Portland, putting us directly on pace to do exactly that.

However, due to Jim putting us in a 10-game hole, I just don't see that as being surmountable at this point.

Trophy
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I think, had we started the season with Vogel, .500 would have been a realistic goal. In fact, since Frank took over, we have beaten every sub-.500 team except Detroit, and lost to every winning team except Portland, putting us directly on pace to do exactly that.

However, due to Jim putting us in a 10-game hole, I just don't see that as being surmountable at this point.

I agree and at the All-Star break I was predicting us to finish at 41-41, but we've lost to some teams I thought we would upset so I see us finishing about 4 games below .500.

Phree Refill
03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Group A is officially a FAIL. We can no longer achieve the Group A goal. This puts a lot of pressure on us to overachieve in the Group B & C. We simply looked gassed last night. The scary part is its only the first part of March. Its only going to get worse as the month goes on. 6 more losses before .500 is no longer attainable. We have a run of more winnable games coming up so hopefully we take advantage of this part of the schedule and get back on solid footing.

As it stands we are:

3-5 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

3-5 against Group A (9-4)

Phree Refill
03-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Last night was my 3rd miscue in just a little over a week. We are becoming very hard to watch. It looks almost as though they don't want to be out there. I would really like to see Hansbrough and George start. I know Vogel wants them both coming off the bench to provide an offensive punch but after watching Rush do absolutley nothing last night I'm ready for him to be demoted. If the other team doesn't have a high scoring 2 or 3 starting then there is NO REASON Rush should be starting. His defense is not needed to slow down players who scores <10 points a game ala Jodie Meeks. On the offensive end Rush was non existent. He never drives the ball and pretty much just stands in the corner farthest away from the ball as possible. I was skeptical of the people who thought Mike Dunleavy being out was the reason for our recent slide but I tell you what, I'm starting to not discredit that notion.

As it stands we are:

3-6 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Phree Refill
03-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Well I got my Hansbrough/George wish but it didn't help much. I think this helps point more responsibility at Granger, DC, and Roy for the poor play of the starters. My least favorite "play" that I see every game is the Granger quick fire 3. It absolutely drives me nuts when only 6 seconds tick off the shot clock and Granger is launching a 3. Whats worse is he's in a horrible slump right now so it just compounds the issue. 4 losses away from .500 failure.

As it stands we are:

5-5 against Group B (9-9)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

5-5 against Group B (9-9)

Lets hope Vogel makes the guys drink Tiger Blood before Friday's game.

Hicks
03-10-2011, 11:40 AM
5 more games, err, I mean, uh, 5 more losses, until you can go on vacation yet again, Refill. ;)

Seriously though, I enjoy these threads when you do them. Hopefully next time you'll finally get a happier outcome.

Peck
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
5 more games, err, I mean, uh, 5 more losses, until you can go on vacation yet again, Refill. ;)

Seriously though, I enjoy these threads when you do them. Hopefully next time you'll finally get a happier outcome.

Hopefully we won't need a next time. Wouldn't it be nice to have a year where we weren't striving for a mediocre record.

Phree Refill
03-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Hopefully we won't need a next time. Wouldn't it be nice to have a year where we weren't striving for a mediocre record.

I was going to say the same thing. Hopefully next year we finally won't need a thread like this. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement eveyone has extended to me this year though and if one is needed next year perhaps I'll finally get it to work out. And this year isn't quite over yet. We're still on life support. 14-4 isn't likely but not impossible either.

Justin Tyme
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
14-4 isn't likely but not imopossible either.

I haven't read this thread, so maybe someone has already mentioned it. In order for the Pacers to match Jimmy's 2 best seasons of 36-46, they have to play .500 ball and win 9 of the next 18 games. I just don't see it happening let alone going 14-4, not with the schedule and the way they are currently playing.

Phree Refill
03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
The losses continue to pile up. 4 losses away from official .500 failure.

As it stands we are:

5-6 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Phree Refill
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
At least we have performed well in Group C so far. If we can pull off a win Tuesday we'll have achieved the goal for Group C. Lets hope we continue the momentum built from tonight's game.

As it stands we are:

3-0 against Group C (4-2)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York(1W) and New Jersey(2W)

3-0 against Group C (4-2)

Phree Refill
03-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Just as Group A became a fail, Group C has become SUCCESS! We've reached our Group C goal and still have a one more game against both the Knicks and Nets. I doubt we win both of those but it is looking like we'll have a very good opportunity to get one of 4 games back that we threw to Phoenix, Houston, Philly, and Toronto (at least in regards to my predictions). I only had us beating the Knicks once and the Nets 3 times so if we take care of business against the Nets we'll for sure be able to erase one of those aforementioned unplanned losses. Good win last night.

As it stands we are:

4-0 against Group C (4-2)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York(2W) and New Jersey(2W)

Phree Refill
03-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Closer to the edge. One thing is for sure, Paul Pierce has to scream more than any other player in the league when he drives to the basket as if he's being brutally stabbed. Him and Vince Carter are prolly 1 and 2 all time. The sad part is, their screaming usually is rewarded with foul calls.

As it stands we are:

5-7 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston(1L)

5-7 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York(2W) and New Jersey(2W)

Shade
03-17-2011, 10:29 AM
One thing is for sure, Paul Pierce has to scream more than any other player in the league when he drives to the basket as if he's being brutally stabbed.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TMxMPo_s_AI/AAAAAAAAJHc/va7XfkoPRZE/s1600/irony.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TMxMPo_s_AI/AAAAAAAAJHc/va7XfkoPRZE/s1600/irony.jpg)

15th parallel
03-18-2011, 05:53 AM
We only have 2 games buffer to lose before the .500 record is unreachable, again. But a slight chance is still a chance...hopefully we can achieve this even if the odds are against it.

Phree Refill
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Invigorating win tonight. I thought it slipped away but the guys responded as good as you could hope in OT and we pulled out the W. With Danny and Tyler fouled out, I doubt we would have won if it went into double OT. Only bad thing about tonight's overtime is it expended that much more energy from our guys with little recovery time before Memphis tomorrow night. Lets hope we don't come out flat.

As it stands we are:

6-7 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L,1W), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston(1L)

DocHolliday
03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I think this thread is silly. So what if the Pacers finish with a .500 record, do we celebrate here and toast the team for reaching the throne of mediocrity?

BobbyMac
03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I think this thread is silly. So what if the Pacers finish with a .500 record, do we celebrate here and toast the team for reaching the throne of mediocrity?

If you think the thread is silly don't read it. .500 is progress, and with a very young team you need to make progress to before you can win championships.

BTW, beating Chicago last nite was a rush!

Peck
03-19-2011, 11:03 AM

I would normally be with you in regards to celebrating mediocrity, however with this team and our record over the past 5 years I would say yes reaching the .500% level would be a time for celebration.

Considering what we would have to do to reach .500% right now if we could reach it I would think it would be cause to go bat $h!t insane crazy with celebration.

Phree Refill
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM

I understand what your saying and perhaps it is mediocrity but I see having a .500 record as being able to say you don't have a losing record. 41-41 is NOT a losing season... nor is it a winning season but at least its not a losing record. Does the coaching staff enter each season saying "lets go out and lose as many games as we win this year boys!" No. But considering we've had losing records each of the past 4 seasons and we've been woefully below .500 at the halfway mark each one of those season (which is when I start this thread), I think finishing .500 is not only a good goal to have at that point but a necessary step for this young team to break through into respectability.

Hicks
03-19-2011, 11:23 AM

This season? Absolutely. Because it's a marked improvement.

DocHolliday
03-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't think "X" number of wins automatically means improvement, especially when X < 42. If the team continues playing the rest of the season as they played against New York and Chicago, that's improvement, no matter if the win column says 36, 38, or 41.

Phree Refill
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
As I feared, we came out incredibly flat tonight. Memphis put their foot on our throats in the first 5 minutes of the game and never let up. 2 more losses and the .500 finish is over.

As it stands we are:

3-7 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis(L), Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L,1W), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston(1L)

Phree Refill
03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Just realized I did not update the thread after Monday's win. I admittedly did not see the first half. I turned it on in the 3rd quarter and Chris was screaming "And the Pacers are on an 20-4 run!" or something like that which made me wonder how far down we must have been in the first half considering we were up just 5 points. We're doing great in Group C. I was pumped for tonight's game against Charlotte because this game is probably the most meaningful game we've had in 5 years. Excited to see the Pacers play in big games again.

As it stands we are:

5-0 against Group C (4-2)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis(L), Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York(2W) and New Jersey(3W)

Phree Refill
03-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Terrific win tonight. Solid team effort. This game was very important for our playoff hopes and we made a nice step forward tonight. We have one of those trap games Friday at home vs Sacramento. Our guys have had a tendency in the past to let those "should win" games turn into "what went wrong" games. Here's hoping we come out of the gates strong.
As it stands we are:

7-7 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L,1W), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(2W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston(1L)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York(2W) and New Jersey(3W)

Phree Refill
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
My fears came to fruition last night with the "what went wrong" assessment. .500 chances pretty much just went from slim to none. No way we go 9-0. If we decide not to show up again tonight then my next post may very well be my last in this thread.

As it stands we are:

3-8 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis(L), Sacramento(L), New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L,1W), Toronto(1W,1L), Miami(2L), Charlotte(2W), Minnesota(1W,1L), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston(1L)

Peck
03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Well I think we can stick a fork in this now.

Don't take this the wrong way but I really hope we don't have to do this thread again next season (whenever that is). I'd much rather talk about how many games to reach 50 wins instead.

TheDon
03-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Hats off to you for this thread phree not being sarcacstic either. I'm very down lately on the team, but it's nice to see someone with a positive outlook. I definately can't do it.

Phree Refill
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
AND ITS FINISHED! At least I can find some solace in the fact that with just 8 games left, in the past 3 years this was the latest its taken before .500 became impossible. I'll update the thread once more at the end of the year so we can see what we finished against each group. One bright spot from last night was that Derrick Rose drained the Bucks in the 4th quarter which keeps them at bay temporarily. We ultimately have 2 game lead on Charlotte since we own tie breaker. If we would have beat Sac and Det we'd of been just 1.5 back of the Knicks and still have a game against them in April. Now sitting at 3.5 back I think we'd pretty well have to win out and them only win 2 or 3 of their remaining games in order to catch them.

Thanks for all the support you've all shown me for the thread this year. Here's hoping this thread will not be needed next year :buddies:

As it stands we are:

1-2 against Group D (3-1)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City(L), Dallas(L), Houston(L), Philadelphia(L), Memphis(L), Sacramento(L), New Orleans, Atlanta

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1W,2L)

1-2 against Group D (3-1)