PDA

View Full Version : Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A September 8

sweabs
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
g

indygeezer
09-08-2004, 05:33 PM
I said it a looong time ago but I'll ask it again. If it isn't important who starts, why do they bench players at the start of a game for violating a team rule? Why not bench them at the end of the game instead?

Get my drift?

Lord Helmet
09-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Tinsley and Artest for Baron??

:lol2:

That is hillarious - and stupid.
Exactly DO NOT TRADE RON!!:mad::pissed: !

SoupIsGood
09-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Ron needs to keep his hair grown out all next year. It makes him look like one crazy psycho killer. I want to know our win percentage with Ron's hair longish vs just shaved/short.

Suaveness
09-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Artest scares me when its out. I would prefer it down.

Hicks
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Ron should keep it as a mini-fro, then die it Pacer gold/yellow :D That'd be funny. I'd get a kick out of it if he did.

SoupIsGood
09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Where's Blanket? His avatar is the perfect example of how Ronnie looks insane when his hair is all scraggly.

I think the Pacers should dye their hair dark blue for the playoffs. That'd be great.

Hicks
09-08-2004, 09:11 PM
:laugh: That would be great.

NewType
09-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Ron needs to keep his hair grown out all next year. It makes him look like one crazy psycho killer. I want to know our win percentage with Ron's hair longish vs just shaved/short.

It seems that we won more with his hair shaved. Other than the ECF, he usually kept his cool when he shaved his hair.

Bball
09-09-2004, 01:50 AM
I said it a looong time ago but I'll ask it again. If it isn't important who starts, why do they bench players at the start of a game for violating a team rule? Why not bench them at the end of the game instead?

Get my drift?

It could be argued that benching at the start of the game makes a point while allowing the player to work his way back into the game for the final 3 qtrs (or whatever is left of the game when he is allowed off the bench).

Pulling the player instead from the 4th qtr could actually punish the team because it could hurt the flow and momentum (and normal rotation(s)) of the game with no time (or not much) to change gears and get things flowing smoothly again.

-Bball

Anthem
09-09-2004, 02:05 AM
So... if it's more important to start than finish, is he saying that Reggie shouldn't be on the floor at the end of games?

tora tora
09-09-2004, 05:10 AM
this pic

http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/bbBoard.cgi?a=useravatarview;uid=229

Ron Artest the chia pet :dougchristie:

Fool
09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
You guys are switching between two meanings of the phrase "more important".

Some of you are talking about what is more important as a sign of respect or and issue of pride. In this case, starting is more important than finishing as the starters are introduced at the opening, there is a record kept of games started, the starters are generally looked at as the primary players, and when striving to be in the NBA players want to attain the position of starter.

The rest of you are talking about what is more important in terms of recognizing a players value to a team and role in its success. In this case finishing is the more important role as when the clock is running out you want your best and most clutch performers out there when each possession and defensive stand means the most.

In the second case, what do players like Robert Horry who are definately not starters but are always out there in the clutch moments do to the argument that finishing is more important. Following that line of thought, is Robert Horry more important than say Manu as Horry is out there more at the end then Manu is? (It might not be the case that Manu isn't out at the end as much as Horry, I don't actually know, but if it is or were true, what does it say about the two and their roles?)