PDA

View Full Version : If you were a GM what Pacer would you be interested in?

PacerHound
01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
There has been a lot of talk about the Pacers making a trade or trades to upgrade the team. I have thought about this but have come to the conclusion that Indiana really has very little that anyone else would want unless they have a specific need to fill for a playoff run.

The only players I would have the least bit of interest in would be players I don't think we want to give up Granger, George, Hansbrough, and Collison. I will add Foster to the list for he is one of the best rebounders around but age is becoming a factor with him and you acquire him only to fill a specific need for a short period of time. George, Hansbrough, and Collison all have yet to be proven but all three have youth in their favor and all are showing potential. The rest of the guys on the team are pretty much what you see is what you get for they have been around long enough to show their stuff. I think making a trade will be a very difficult deal to pull off and especially if we have any ideas about a trade that will actually upgrade the team. Any thoughts?

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Collison
George
Granger

Hibbert

In that order.

I Love P
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Most teams have a pg so Id go...

George
Granger
Collison
Hibbert
Hansbrough

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
George

Granger

Hibbert(if cheap)

Eleazar
01-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Depends on if I'm looking for a starter or back-up, and if I'm competing for a championship or not.

Speed
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Granger
Hibbert
George
Collison

I say Granger because he's proven, already a very good player.

Hibbert since big men are so hard to come by, especially guys who work at it.

George for those who scout well, since he has upside to be something special, but it's still a crap shoot at his age.

DC I put him last because of something I read that some GMs think he's a really really good back up, but not a starter on a good team. I don't believe that, but I can't see the argument.

LA_Confidential
01-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Dunleavy
TJ
Posey
Foster
Solo
Dahntay

And I'd give up young talent and picks for each of them, Then hire Jimmy to a lifetime contract and I would sign Troy Murphy to a Max Deal in the summer. My team would be so beast, I'd win Executive of the Year.

Dr. Awesome
01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Brandon Rush, because his value is reasonable and his defense would help any team. He is young enough to be in a young core, and good enough defensively and as a 3 point threat to be on a contender.

Justin Tyme
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Only one reply in the 1st 8 replies lists Rush. I believe that pretty much sums up Rush's value.

If I was a GM looking for a player to make my team better in the future, Paul George would be the top Pacer player. He's on a rookie contract as well.

Dr. Awesome
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Only one reply in the 1st 8 replies lists Rush. I believe that pretty much sums up Rush's value.

If I was a GM looking for a player to make my team better in the future, Paul George would be the top Pacer player. He's on a rookie contract as well.

Well, the Pacers will be asking an arm and a leg for Granger, George, Collison, and Hibbert, so I went with the realistic route. If I'm a GM of the other team, I'm not going to overpay for those guys. Rush could probably be had at a bargain for what he brings to the team.

I could play NBA 2K GM though like ya'll and say the obvious, but unrealistic choices if you'd like...

Sookie
01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
depends on what I need..

For any type of team

Paul George - everyone can see his potential, and he's a hard worker and seems like a good kid. I'd be very interested in him if I was a GM.

Roy Hibbert - He's a 7'2, skilled bigman. They just don't come around that often. Once again, I like players that work hard.

Danny Granger - he's a borderline all star player about to hit his prime. Yea, I'd be interested.

Hans - energy guy off the bench

Different situations

DC - has a lot of talent, but has a lot to work on. If I had a team with an aging star PG, I'd want to trade for Darren so that he could learn from the PG, and hopefully take over.

Brandon Rush - If I was a championship contender. Role player off the bench. He can play excellent defense and hit threes.

AJ - same thing (a top team). Reliable and steady PG off the bench, and he's super cheap.

Josh - He's got talent, I'd be willing to take a look at his potential.

I think the Pacers would prefer to only lose Josh and Rush off this young core though.