PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Fan Pulse: Jim O'Brien - 01/24/11

Hicks
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
A simple poll.

Peck
01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I voted but honestly I don't like the options (not that there are really a lot better options) he needs to be gone now but he'll be here the rest of the year.

I'm leaning towards believing he will be back but the articles last week gave me some hope that maybe he won't return.

BRushWithDeath
01-24-2011, 12:25 PM
You can't bring back a coach who misses the playoffs in all four years as the head coach right?

Pacers4Life
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
You can't bring back a coach who misses the playoffs in all four years as the head coach right?

no you can't. coaches have been fired for less. It's been a long, strange ride Jim.. you don't gotta go home.. but you gotta get the heck outta here!

CableKC
01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
I voted but honestly I don't like the options (not that there are really a lot better options) he needs to be gone now but he'll be here the rest of the year.

I'm leaning towards believing he will be back but the articles last week gave me some hope that maybe he won't return.
I'm with Peck. I'd like to have had an option to choose "He shouldn't be back, but I don't know".

Before the recent comment and rumors, I thought that the only reason why JO'B was here ( and could be re-signed next season ) is because the FO recognizes that he's been dealt a crappy hand and because of that this is the best that we can expect. But with the recent rumors/articles, I'm beginning to think that the only reason why JO'B is still here is because there's no one else that can take his place.

aaronb
01-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I think we see a whole new regime here post summer lockout. Let the next guy try his hand with the cap space and a new coach.

Speed
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm thinking Bird will stay, Pritchard will be the GM, no idea about the coach, Nate McMillan, Mike Brown. I wonder if McHale would coach for his buddy Bird?

Mr_Smith
01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
If Isiah Thomas is shown the door after 3 straight years of MAKING the playoffs, then JOB should be fired after 4 years of NOT MAKING the playoffs. This should be a given. (and yes this is JOB's 4th year and they will not make the playoffs)

maragin
01-24-2011, 05:14 PM
I didn't like the hire. I still don't.

Shade
01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't know, but if Jim's back, I won't be.

Trophy
01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
It's pretty clear that after reading a lot of the sources and what Mike Wells has tweeted, we're going to have a new coach going into next season.

So lets just bear the next half of this season and look forward to the younger guys and their potential under a new coach.

Pacersalltheway10
01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
yeah we should keep him. there is no other coaches that can do better. C'mon people Mr. O'brien hasnt really had a chance to get to the playoffs. His team sucks. They have too much inexperience who can't play at all. He messes with their heads into thinking they are still wanted because they play 30 minutes one night and 8 the next because he wantes them to stick around so he can train them to be mediocre veterans and not to upset Mr. Bird and Mr. Simon.

/green

BlueNGold
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
It's pretty clear that after reading a lot of the sources and what Mike Wells has tweeted, we're going to have a new coach going into next season.

So lets just bear the next half of this season and look forward to the younger guys and their potential under a new coach.

My Pacer Fan Pulse is close to flat lining.

I'm seriously reconsidering whether I want to spend my time following the Pacers...or if I'll spend it following college basketball. There are only so many hours in the week...and if you spend more than a few minutes watching the college game, you will see the product is significantly better from a fan standpoint. The players are not as big and talented, but the games are far, far more competitive and the players try much harder to win. It really is a much more entertaining experience.

Compare that to watching TJ, Posey and Solo bore you to death....or watch another 3 ball with no defense being applied...or watch the motion offense which defines confusion. It's ineffective and uninteresting.

BTW, we are about to dip below our records each of the previous 3 years, including the junk we saw last year.

After 4 years, Jim has steadily made this team worse.

DEEman
01-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I remember Hicks had given us at one moment the abbilty to bann users, as a joke. Would be nice to have that mod power now for real, so i can can kick voters xIndyfan and I Love P :mad:

Hope you guys are joking. If not, i would really like to read your thoughts behind the vote.

Psyren
01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
As much as it pains me to say this, I think TBTB are blowing us smoke.

I think he'll be back. I don't know why, but I have a horrible, HORRIBLE, feeling that somehow he'll end up back next year.

Please TPTB, prove me wrong.