PDA

View Full Version : "I don't know why those guys want to rush and eat after getting their butt beat."

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
This is what Larry Bird said today after leaving the locker room in Denver. Mike Wells tweeted it.

Discuss.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
LOVE LB

vnzla81
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Because they are hungry? :whoknows:

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
O'Brien praised Hansbrough's career game, but also pointed out that they've lacked an inside game for almost 2 months

Mike Wells twitter also

imawhat
01-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Good for Larry. Of course, he never had to deal with this kind of losing as a player.

Sookie
01-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Maybe if Larry showed the team he cared, the players might care. Besides a few guys looking to prove themselves, the team clearly didn't care.

graphic-er
01-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Kind of a Low Brow comment by Bird. Honestly, why would they stick around in the Locker room when they are on the Road, and have a Plane to catch later in the evening. Teams always go out to eat after the game when they are on the road.

graphic-er
01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Maybe if Larry showed the team he cared, the players might care. Besides a few guys looking to prove themselves, the team clearly didn't care.

You mean like getting rid of the worst coach in the league?

Sookie
01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
You mean like getting rid of the worst coach in the league?

yea, that'd probably help

Lord Helmet
01-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Because that's what losers do?

Look, again, it isn't all on O'Brien's shoulders, a real team would man up and try their hardest to play through Jim's BS. No more excuses because we have a horrible coach.

The players have to go out there and give a damn, it's what they are overpaid to do no matter what. It isn't like these recent games were all blowouts. We had chances to win and we choked them away.

This is what losers do, Larry. Also, Larry, you should spare us the pain and get rid of O'Brien THIS SEASON, please.

oxxo
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM

Look, again, it isn't all on O'Brien's shoulders, a real team would man up and try their hardest to play through Jim's BS. No more excuses because we have a horrible coach.

The players have to go out there and give a damn, it's what they are overpaid to do no matter what. It isn't like these recent games were all blowouts. We had chances to win and we choked them away.

This is what losers do, Larry. Also, Larry, you should spare us the pain and get rid of O'Brien THIS SEASON, please.

Oh please, we're far beyond 'man up and just play'. When you have such unstable working conditions for so long it's pretty much impossible to care. If anything, I'm amazed at how long they actually put up with JOB's BS.

rock747
01-24-2011, 12:47 AM
They're used to losing...

tsm612
01-24-2011, 12:47 AM

Yeah, our players eat food. What a bunch of losers.

PacerGuy
01-24-2011, 12:51 AM
French Fries... JO'B?... Icecream... JO'B?... French Toast... JO'B?... Grilled Cheese... JO'B?... Buffalo Wings... JO'B?... Potato Chips's... JO'B?... Burito as big as JO"B's head... JO'B?... Speedway reheated hotdos 2 for $2.222... JO'B?...

Larry, seriously, don't be a hater - joint the rest of the team/ fan base & EAT SOMETHING!!!
(JO'B's contract would be a good start... just say'n...)

pizza guy
01-24-2011, 12:53 AM
I love it. Losing should make you sick. Except for Troy Murphy. He was born with it, so he doesn't even notice.

But guys like Hibbert, Hans, DC, and Rush are all from big name, winning programs in college. Shoot, even Dunleavy might remember what it's like to win from his college days. Bird was always a winner, and he drafted guys who had a good record. Losing should feel bad.

Whether you want to blame it on JOB or not, these guys don't have the heart to compete. They look like the try, but they can't handle adversity. They can't stop a run by the other team. They can't hit the big shots. They just don't know how to win anymore. Bird could be trying to light a fire under them and remind them that they're not supposed to lose.

Lord Helmet
01-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah, our players eat food. What a bunch of losers.
:rolleyes:

That's the point I was trying to make, exactly.

Come on man.

Do I need to explain it? Really?

Oh alright, I will, Larry probably was commenting the fact they didn't seem too upset with getting their asses kicked tonight and went off and ate as soon as possible. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. This team just lacks competitive fire right now, but like all the rest of the world's problems, it's clearly JOB's fault.

IndySDExport
01-24-2011, 01:01 AM
O'Brien praised Hansbrough's career game, but also pointed out that they've lacked an inside game for almost 2 months

Mike Wells twitter also

And how many minutes did Tyler get during that period. Versus say James posey. If he wanted an inside game, maybe he should play some actual power forwards at power fowards.

Shabazz
01-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Until Larry sacks up and fires this crappy coach, he should expect to continue losing.

In the mean time people gotta eat.

Shabazz
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
And how many minutes did Tyler get during that period. Versus say James posey. If he wanted an inside game, maybe he should play some actual power forwards at power fowards.

Exactly.

Sookie
01-24-2011, 01:06 AM
:rolleyes:

That's the point I was trying to make, exactly.

Come on man.

Do I need to explain it? Really?

Oh alright, I will, Larry probably was commenting the fact they didn't seem too upset with getting their asses kicked tonight and went off and ate as soon as possible. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. This team just lacks competitive fire right now, but like all the rest of the world's problems, it's clearly JOB's fault.

And our point is Larry shows the younger guys that he doesn't care about losing by continuing to allow JOB, and his stupid adjustments, play calls, and rotations, to "coach" this team.

Larry should put up or shut up.

pizza guy
01-24-2011, 01:34 AM
And our point is Larry shows the younger guys that he doesn't care about losing by continuing to allow JOB, and his stupid adjustments, play calls, and rotations, to "coach" this team.

Larry should put up or shut up.

'No Soup for You!' Says Bird

--The Burbs

After another disappointing loss for his Indiana Pacers, Larry Bird says enough is enough.

"I told the guys after the game that I was real fustrated with them, and they ain't allowed to eat 'til we can get another win. Tough love, ya know?"

The Pacers, 16-25, find themselves free falling from the post-season race, and Bird says something has to change, something has to motivate these players.

Team Captain Danny Granger was a little surprised, but welcomed the challenge.

"We know that we've been under-performing, and while I've never had a mandate like this, I think it'll be good. Not being allowed to eat means we won't be distracted during the game, thinking about where we'll go after we lose."

Big man, Roy Hibbert was a little more bothered, adding, "I dieted all off-season to get in good shape, and now this...all that work was for nothin' man, nothin'. Now I'm gonna get even smaller because we probably won't win for another couple weeks."

This is an unprecedented move by Bird, but as the Pacers watch their playoff chances get skinny, this may be the motivation they need.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM

Love that line by Hibbert :laugh::laugh:

why doesnt Bird fire the coach that would lite a fire under them,

vnzla81
01-24-2011, 01:40 AM
How they are not going to eat? What kind of stupid rule is that?

Mackey_Rose
01-24-2011, 01:41 AM
What a joke this team/season has become.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:42 AM

and why wouldnt JOB enfore this **** not Bird i guess JOB isnt a motivater

Mackey_Rose
01-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Seriously, what the **** is this garbage? Bird and O'Brien both need to go. Now.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
:laugh:
Seriously, what the **** is this garbage? Bird and O'Brien both need to go. Now.

Now Roy is gonna have to eat MC Ds on his way home from the airport now thats punishment:laugh::laugh:

Merz
01-24-2011, 01:47 AM
That article has to be a joke...right?

xBulletproof
01-24-2011, 01:48 AM

:birdobrien:

Bball
01-24-2011, 01:49 AM
"I guess if you eat like a Bird you can make up silly rules like this but I'm Hungry Hibbert don't you know!"

pizza guy
That article has to be a joke...right?

maybe I shoulda put it in green...

yes, it's a joke. I wrote it. No one noticed that there's no link and that Bird said "fustrated" instead of "fRustrated"?

vnzla81

Seriously If they can't stop Rush and Lance for getting in trouble how are they going to keep the guys for eating? Stupid, just stupid, kindergarden stupid.

Edit: ok you got me pizza guy :laugh:

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:50 AM
:birdobrien:

this is probly the dumbest thing ive ever heard of. Why does Bird have to step in as the motivator?

xBulletproof
01-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Seriously If they can't stop Rush and Lance for getting in trouble how are they going to keep the guys for eating? Stupid, just stupid, kindergarden stupid.

this is probly the dumbest thing ive ever heard of. Why does Bird have to step in as the motivator?

I thought you guys were kidding at first.

pizza guy
01-24-2011, 01:52 AM

All "go to bed without dinner!" jokes aside, this is actually a very good point. The obvious answer is that everyone knows the coach is an idiot, and no one is listening to him. It's hard to give a "rah rah" speech when no one has any faith in you. Bird has to say something because the coach has failed, and continues to fail.

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:53 AM

yes, it's a joke. I wrote it. No one noticed that there's no link and that Bird said "fustrated" instead of "fRustrated"?

LOL

Merz
01-24-2011, 01:54 AM

I thought it was a joke...but the way some were responding had me feeling like an idiot for thinking it was.

xBulletproof
01-24-2011, 01:55 AM
I for a split second was like ... "WTF is this?!".

Then I realized there was no link, and kept reading the last half of it.

Mackey_Rose
01-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Guess I should read things all the way through to he end. Honestly, I'm just to the point with this team where I will believe any ridiculously retarded idea has to be true.

vnzla81
I thought it was a joke...but the way some were responding had me feeling like an idiot for thinking it was.

The thing is that you never know with the Pacers, everything on this team is a joke, that was the reason why I wasn't surprised about them implementing some stupid rule, thanks god it was a joke :laugh:

Peck
First off nice job to Pizza Guy, I'm still not sure that everyone understands that the article was a fiction on your part.

Second of all I just view this as more troubling than some of you do. Yes the players need to be held accountable, without a doubt. But my biggest fear is that Larry is under the impression that this is all or mostly on the players.

Sorry guys, but when you have a total overall system wide collapse that is sustained I find it doubtful that 15 individual people are responsible for anything beyond what they control.

We are not talented, but we are not this level of talent either.

pacer4ever
I for a split second was like ... "WTF is this?!".

Then I realized there was no link, and kept reading the last half of it.

Big man, Roy Hibbert was a little more bothered, adding, "I dieted all off-season to get in good shape, and now this...all that work was for nothin' man, nothin'. Now I'm gonna get even smaller because we probably won't win for another couple weeks."

This is an unprecedented move by Bird, but as the Pacers watch their playoff chances get skinny, this may be the motivation they need.

i was 2 busy reading these lines :laugh: 2 look 4 a link

vnzla81
01-24-2011, 02:03 AM
I hate you pizza guy ........... :-p

pizza guy
01-24-2011, 02:05 AM
I hate you pizza guy ........... :-p

LOL, I've had A LOT of fun reading this thread...:devil:

Mackey_Rose
01-24-2011, 02:05 AM
First off nice job to Pizza Guy, I'm still not sure that everyone understands that the article was a fiction on your part.

Second of all I just view this as more troubling than some of you do. Yes the players need to be held accountable, without a doubt. But my biggest fear is that Larry is under the impression that this is all or mostly on the players.

Sorry guys, but when you have a total overall system wide collapse that is sustained I find it doubtful that 15 individual people are responsible for anything beyond what they control.

I hate the fact that the one guy capable of fixing things left his balls in O'Brien's European Man-Purse.

DieHard
01-24-2011, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=pizza guy;1144651]I love it. Losing should make you sick. Except for Troy Murphy. He was born with it, so he doesn't even notice.

lmfao classic

xBulletproof
01-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Everybody keeps asking about O'Brien. Things will have to get a lot worse for O'Brien to get fired, and even thing there's no guarantee. about 2 hours ago via web

Has anyone asked Mike Wells why O'Brien won't be fired?

I'd do it, but I've been called a lot of things in my life and a tweeter isn't one of them.

ksuttonjr76
01-24-2011, 02:34 AM

Streetball is not going to beat organized basketball.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Streetball is not going to beat organized basketball.

O'Brien's system isn't even streetball. Streetball is at least entertaining to some extent. O'Brien ball is that over-40s league at the YMCA.

CableKC
01-24-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm not sure if you're joking or not....but I think that pizza guy was just joking with that post.

pathil275
01-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Shut up front office and mind your own business - replace the coach!

Just watched the game from yesterday. Denver played with a chip on its shoulders. George looked great out there, so did Tyler obviously. I liked Foster's play, too. And I admit that I liked the benching of Rush for long stretches.

All in all, the Pacers team looked apathetic and I got the feeling that they weren't believing in them. Losing is getting to them. I don't know why it takes so long in the NBA to replace a coach - in European football (soccer), a coach would have been dismissed already, if only for the sake of releasing a pulse and to deny one's alibi. Sometimes coaches aren't heard anymore by the team.

Natston
01-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Larry, I promise you; whatever rotation did this, not one man on this team will rest one minute until our record is above the bar. Now, let's grab a bite to eat.

BringJackBack
01-24-2011, 07:16 AM
This thread has been a rollercoaster if I have ever seen one.

McKeyFan
01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
What a joke this team/season has become.
I had to check just above your Avatar to see which year you were talking about.

Major Cold
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I think that Bird is expecting these players to play no matter what the circumstance is. Yeah they lack passion that might be a result of the coach, but they are played to play (well not McBob, he is paid to sit for no reason).

If your boss was a doucher, would you be able to slack off without repercussions?

Kstat
01-24-2011, 09:10 AM
In all fairness, Larry never played on a losing team. If these guys lost their appetite every time the Pacers lost, you'd have a major health concern....

BRushWithDeath
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM

I'd do it, but I've been called a lot of things in my life and a tweeter isn't one of them.

The same reason we all said he wouldn't be fired. Because the only semi-qualified assistant on the bench was let go over the summer.

And since they don't allow Budweiser and Marlboros on the bench Bird won't come down from his nest.

DaveP63
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
We've been fed a fairly steady diet of **** so far this season, so...

pacergod2
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe the players want to get the hell out of the locker room so they have to spend as little time as possible with their head coach.

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM

You really thought that was serious?

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Dude, seriously?

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyway, I'm mildly disturbed by the bi-polar nature of this team. I think that for the most part we have a team of mental midgets who don't know what they want to do.

Hansbrough is honestly the only guy that I would say has ever been a leader. Collison sort of blended in on those UCLA teams. Hibbert was NOT the leader of those Georgetown teams. Granger could have been a leader at some point, but his game has been ****ed so far beyond belief by playing in this ****ty environment he's barely even recognizable as the same player he was a couple years ago.

This situation and this is officially FUBAR.

grace
01-24-2011, 11:14 AM
First Larry doesn't want milk drinkers and now he doesn't want the team to eat?

NuffSaid
01-24-2011, 12:41 PM
From Mike Wells post-game blog (http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2011/01/24/a-winless-trip-out-west-for-the-pacers/):

I don't know why guys want to rush and eat after getting their butt beat," [Larry] Bird said.

"I told the guys after the game that I was real fustrated with them, and they ain't allowed to eat 'til we can get another win. Tough love, ya know?"

I can certainly see how Pizza Guy's joke was taken seriously since Bird was quoted by Wells. I even had to read both Well's blog and Pizza Guy's quotes twice just be sure I didn't miss something. Good one!! :laugh:

To the game...

I was surprised that I wasn't as upset about this loss as I was over the other three. I though JOB coached a good game; Melo just got hot and you can't do much about him throwing up shots that were well defended which most of his were. I think the biggest problems this Pacers team has right now is while most of the players really "want to win desperately", very few "believe" they can win! About the only players who come out and continue to push on either side of the ball are Hansborough and Paul George. No matter the score, whether winning or losing, whether the game is close w/the Pacers ahead or behind by a slim margin or being blown away, these two players stay focused and keep fighting. And it doesn't matter who they come up against. They play every possession with the same level of passion and desire to perform their best and let the chips fall where they may.

That's the biggest difference I see with Hans vs Hibbert, Granger vs George. Now, maybe youth and just not knowing any better is the difference here - a certain naivite', but I don't think there's anyone on this Pacers team who can say Hansborough doesn't give it 110% when he plays. And I've never seen George hang his head even after making a bad play. He just comes right back on defense and tries to "get that one back", and he usually does.

If nothing else has shown coach O'Brien that he needs to go with a younger, more eager and aggressive lineup that provides a balance of youthfulness w/experience, I don't know what will! No, the Pacers may not win many ball games, but these young guys will gain the experience Granger and Foster apparently believe they lack. Of course, Granger and Foster should both realize the vets, of which they are counted among them, did log the most minutes collectively. So, if the youth failed it is because the vets showed them the way.

'Nuff Said.

Justin Tyme
01-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Larry, seriously, don't be a hater - joint the rest of the team/ fan base & EAT SOMETHING!!!
(JO'B's contract would be a good start... just say'n...)

LOVE IT! Really brought a chuckle. One that was needed after this 4 game road trip and the Orlando game looming over head.

Hicks
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM

He's been asked this, and his answer has been there is no one on the coaching staff capable of stepping in to replace Jim.

Credit Jim O'Brien for sending Lester Connor, the one man who could have done so, on his way last summer.

Justin Tyme
01-24-2011, 01:11 PM

I've seen enough of dumb and dumber for almost 4 years to last a life time.

aaronb
01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
In all fairness, Larry never played on a losing team. If these guys lost their appetite every time the Pacers lost, you'd have a major health concern....

These guys would all be dead of malnutrition. Who can survive 12 days without food?

pacergod2
01-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Has Bird ever played for a coach that had "lost the team"? I doubt it. Usually Bird was as much of a coach as there was. The one player that is on our team that should be able to step up into that type of role is Granger and I haven't heard him step up and demand accountability of the other guys. I think Granger is the one player who is most upset with JOB. It seems pretty obvious to me. You can see it in his shot selection, IMO. If we are going to start winning, Danny better become the leader that this team needs. Right now, he isn't getting it done. Demand that accountability. That is your job. Don't dog it back on defense, which I have seen NUMEROUS times from him in the last several games. Especially when he is too busy complaining about a foul call. He is not being a man or a leader right now. He needs to be. Maybe he just doesn't have what it takes. You would think he did, but maybe he isn't mature enough.

JOB isn't going anywhere before the season is over. That is a fact. Danny better get over it. He is the leader. This is his team. This is the kind of basketball we are playing with his leadership. I am holding Danny to a higher standard because he is the one that holds the keys to this team right now. He needs to turn the car on and drive. And I don't mean he needs to score more. That is the opposite of what he needs to do. Bring the team together. Even if it is their disdain toward JOB, bring the team together on a common ground. It needs to happen. Bird is right, but I think there is more to it than just them leaving to go to dinner. JOB might be addition by subtraction at this point and it might be the single gesture that unites this team. Danny needs to put the team on his shoulders. Do it in spite of JOB.

vnzla81
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Here are some nice comments by Jim last night and the amazing strategy they used yesterday to stop Melo :rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Auo_RidxV27O.JEN_myXSH68vLYF?gid=201101 2307

DENVER (AP)—Carmelo Anthony(notes) won over the home crowd just before hitting the road.

Anthony gave the fans at the Pepsi Center nothing to boo about Sunday night, scoring 36 points in the Denver Nuggets’ 121-107 victory over the Indiana Pacers, who lost their fifth straight.

Anthony had been subjected to jeers by the home crowd as trade talk intensified last week, but on this night, the Denver fans showed him plenty of love, especially when he was raining 3s from all over the court as he put on a spectacular 23-point show in the third quarter.

Anthony’s career-best six 3-pointers all came in the third period as the Nuggets turned a close game into a laugher—a reversal of their game in November when the Pacers made their first 20 shots of the third quarter and rolled to a 144-113 win in Indianapolis.

“We owed that team and we were looking to pay them back,” Chauncey Billups(notes) said.

“It was embarrassing,” agreed Anthony. “Not just for me, but for the team. So, of course, that motivated me tonight.”

And when he found himself open over and over, he kept putting up 3-pointers and they kept popping the net, going 6 of 8 in all.

“Man, I mean, they just kept leaving me open,” Anthony said. “The 3-ball was falling. I’ve been looking for the 3-ball for about a month and a-half now.”
Consider it located.

Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said he put Paul George(notes) on Anthony in the third quarter because Danny Granger(notes) already had three fouls. And he figured leaving Melo open so far from the basket was a safe bet, never envisioning that it would backfire so spectacularly.

“Not when he’s shooting 25 percent from out there,” O’Brien said. “So, that’s the shot we’re going to give him.”

Anthony got a chuckle out of that strategy.

“I’m a streaky shooter, man,” he said. “I’m a rhythm shooter.”

Anthony, whose previous high was five 3-pointers back in 2003, his rookie season, didn’t look as tight as he had earlier in the week when the trade talk was so rampant.

“I don’t know if it was the trade rumors slowing down (but) he was making a lot of shots,” Tyler Hansbrough(notes) said. “He had some open looks and made the shots. He is Carmelo Anthony and he’s going to make shots.”

Nene added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Nuggets. Hansbrough had 27 points and 10 rebounds for Indiana.

Sookie
01-24-2011, 02:09 PM
The Denver or Portland commentators made a comment about O'brien.

He said that JOB has a stat for just about every situation, aka "when I guy comes off a screen 35% of the time he'll pass, 40% of the time he'll shoot a jumper ect.."

And then the other commentator said "And the players eyes glaze over....."

But this is an example of how stupid it is. Leaving a 25% three point shooter open..okay..makes sense..even if the guy is traditionally (Just not this season) a decent three point shooter. After he's made two..three..four...when do you start guarding him from there?

Hicks
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
"Anthony got a chuckle out of [Jim O'Brien's] strategy."

I'm so tempted to make this a part of my signature.

graphic-er
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Just goes to show we have the dumbest coach in the league.

I'm beginning to think we have the dumbest GM in the league too.

Trophy
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I agree and trust nearly all of Bird's decision makings except the fact that he hasn't found a new coach already.

LG33
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Some see this as a bad sign - and for good reason - but I see this as a positive development. I like that Larry is involving himself with the team more. This can only be bad news for Coach O'Brien.

Peck
01-24-2011, 03:19 PM
"Anthony got a chuckle out of [Jim O'Brien's] strategy."

I'm so tempted to make this a part of my signature.

I'm more tempted to ask you to make it part of the PD logo.

McKeyFan
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
JOB wakes up in the middle of the night before facing Denver.

"Eureka! We'll barely cover Carmelo Anthony the entire game."

Trader Joe
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM

I'll give him some credit. That tactic certainly had the element of surprise.

pizza guy
01-24-2011, 08:33 PM

The longer this thread goes on, the better it gets. Can I nominate it for thread of the year? LOL

ksuttonjr76
01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Has Bird ever played for a coach that had "lost the team"? I doubt it. Usually Bird was as much of a coach as there was. The one player that is on our team that should be able to step up into that type of role is Granger and I haven't heard him step up and demand accountability of the other guys. I think Granger is the one player who is most upset with JOB. It seems pretty obvious to me. You can see it in his shot selection, IMO. If we are going to start winning, Danny better become the leader that this team needs. Right now, he isn't getting it done. Demand that accountability. That is your job. Don't dog it back on defense, which I have seen NUMEROUS times from him in the last several games. Especially when he is too busy complaining about a foul call. He is not being a man or a leader right now. He needs to be. Maybe he just doesn't have what it takes. You would think he did, but maybe he isn't mature enough.

JOB isn't going anywhere before the season is over. That is a fact. Danny better get over it. He is the leader. This is his team. This is the kind of basketball we are playing with his leadership. I am holding Danny to a higher standard because he is the one that holds the keys to this team right now. He needs to turn the car on and drive. And I don't mean he needs to score more. That is the opposite of what he needs to do. Bring the team together. Even if it is their disdain toward JOB, bring the team together on a common ground. It needs to happen. Bird is right, but I think there is more to it than just them leaving to go to dinner. JOB might be addition by subtraction at this point and it might be the single gesture that unites this team. Danny needs to put the team on his shoulders. Do it in spite of JOB.

Stop hating. You that Granger is trying to play himself into a trade.