PDA

View Full Version : Three down one to go..... If coach is not fired....

russkiy
01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
As I expected we lost three games and will loose tonight. 0-4 road trip should send a message to OWNERS if not management that something is wrong.... I understand that we don't have high quality assistant, but this should not be an excuse. We need to give time to young players and any of our existing assistance will do that if instructed by management. Please, make the difficult desicion and make it right after today's loss. We should have a new head coach by Monday afternoon. Please.....

SMosley21
01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
99% sure it's not going to happen, but here's to wishful thinking :buddies:

PacerPenguins
01-23-2011, 12:19 PM
JoB should get fired after losing 3 games were they had more than a 10 point lead in each game to mediocre teams.... but IMO he wont get fired until after the season.

pwee31
01-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Not getting my hopes up until the off-season. If something happens before than it will be a pleasant surprise.

Michael Jordan had the balls to get rid of Larry Brown who's a hall of fame coach, and now the Charlotte Bobcats are right back in the mix for the playoffs, ahead of the Pacers.

Larry Bird... so far "You have no marbles"

Speed
01-23-2011, 12:23 PM
edit * is it 6-17 or 6-24 now*, thats enough reason, throw in a potential 6 game losing streak if they lose to Denver tonight and Orlando on Wednesday. Coaches have been fired for less.

I agree, though, I'm not sure if anything could get him fired at this point, under the circumstances.

grace
01-23-2011, 01:00 PM
At this point I'd be open to having Mark Jackson be the coach. At this point I doubt Tito Jackson could do any worse than JOB.

pwee31
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM
And when that day comes... this place will be like Munchkin Land the day the house fell on the wicked witch

TheDon
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
It's so frustrating everyone including the higher ups in the Pacers organization know he needs to be shown the door. Sad part is it probably isn't going to happen and we're going to have to suffer through another season. The more frustrating part is where we secure ourselves a pick around 5 or 6 only to have a bout of moral fiber and decide to screw ourselves out of draft position falling just short of a playoff appearance but just good enough to have to hope some teams make some bad decisions and something of substance falls to us in the draft.

Trophy
01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
No matter what, he won't be here after this season, but I doubt an assistant can be any worse for the rest of the year.

Cherokee
01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
At this point I'd be open to having Mark Jackson be the coach. At this point I doubt Tito Jackson could do any worse than JOB.

You could get away with propping Michael Jackson up on the bench. That way you know he won't do any worse than JOB.

ZepZach
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh man, if he is fired, the losses are worth it. Which is just crazy to say. Long term we will win more by losing four in a row. Figure that out.

russkiy
01-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok, hlf time we are down by seven. Larry, it is time to arrange press conference for tomorrow morning!!!!

LucasRL13
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Ok, hlf time we are down by seven. Larry, it is time to arrange press conference for tomorrow morning!!!!

:buddies::dance:

jeffg-body
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
As much as I would love to see this happen (and I would love to see it), it does not make a lot of sense financially to pay another coach to clean up the mess right now rather than at the end of the season when JOB's contract is up. If it were to happen hopefully we could turn to one of the assistants to finish the season. I know there is zero experience there, but the cost would be minimal and maybe there could be a push to play our young guys more.

Shabazz
01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
The longer O'brien is kept, the longer the road back will be.

pwee31
01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
There's the one. 0-4 road trip. Still doesn't change a thing unfortunately

Deadshot
01-24-2011, 12:11 AM
You could get away with propping Michael Jackson up on the bench. That way you know he won't do any worse than JOB.

At least he would have favored the youth movement more than JOB.

IndyHoosier
01-24-2011, 12:39 AM
ASSISTANT COACH(ES)
Dan Burke (College - Portland State)
Frank Vogel (College - Kentucky)
Jay DeFruscio (College - Ursinus)
Vitaly Potapenko (College - Wright State)
Walter McCarty (College - Kentucky)

I would imagine Burke or DeFruscio would get the nod. DeFruscio is the only one with head coaching history (albeit NCAA div 2). <praying>

Bball
01-24-2011, 01:14 AM
At least he would have favored the youth movement more than JOB.

Wow... nobody got the sly joke! Nicely played! :D

oz_pacer
01-24-2011, 01:26 AM
cant bird just coach for the rest of the season

pacer4ever
01-24-2011, 01:27 AM
cant bird just coach for the rest of the season

if he cared he would.One would think

BoomBaby33
01-26-2011, 12:01 AM
ASSISTANT COACH(ES)
Dan Burke (College - Portland State)
Frank Vogel (College - Kentucky)
Jay DeFruscio (College - Ursinus)
Vitaly Potapenko (College - Wright State)
Walter McCarty (College - Kentucky)

I would imagine Burke or DeFruscio would get the nod. DeFruscio is the only one with head coaching history (albeit NCAA div 2).
</P>
Quinn Buckner could be added to this list IMO. He is a Pacer employee.

Im convinced Obie has lost the team. Imagine being him in the locker room as well. Trying to keep the guys attentions. He has to be getting old listening too. Even Larry has said 3 years and players just stop listening. Thats the part that makes no sense to me. And I like what LB has done with most the his player moves.

Something has to give. ... please!