PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Why JOB is the worst coach - Rotation (Enough...JOB = Pacers coach, I will not watch Pacers game)

Kamiyohk
01-22-2011, 11:23 PM
I like the young Pacers team.
Larry did a good job to bring so many young talents to indiana.
We should win more games right now.

I don't know that if JOB used good offense and defense system or not
But the reason why we lose so many games? The rotation.

JOB always make wrong decision in thhe game.

Example: Today Hansbrough and Foster did very good job on Aldridge
Even Portland use the small lineup to play Aldridege on Center Position.
You should never put Hibbert on Aldridge.

You can calls Hansbrough, Foster and McRoberts on Aldridge and Hibbert on Cunningham.

So i have to say that if JOB knows how to use the right rotation in the game. We will be bettter team.

Pls: No TJ AND SOLOMAN is good changes
However, Hansbrough, McRoberts is better than Posey......
About Mike? ok....We don't have too many weapons right now...but i hate mike's game anyway
Finally, George is better player than rush right now.

Make right desicion is most important in the game.
You can't just bring your (text book) on the court...
You have to make adjustment when teams changing their rotation and strategy..

Unclebuck
01-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Isiah was worse

beast23
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
But Isiah had such a distinction... I believe he was the only coach other than the Globetrotter's to untilize a 7-foot PG.

Kamiyohk
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Come on....Posey on Przybill and Hibbert on Aldridege...
Foster foul trouble, so put Hansbrough and McRoberts in...

We will lose tonight

Dr. Awesome
01-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Isiah was worse

Not even close. O'Brien makes Thomas look like a genius.

Naptown_Seth
01-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Come on....Posey on Przybill and Hibbert on Aldridege...
Foster foul trouble, so put Hansbrough and McRoberts in...

We will lose tonight
JOB cleverly confused Portland and their big front line by putting McRoberts in a suit for the night.

It's panning out well...unless you were hoping to have a guy over 6'8" left to play on the frontline for the final 6 minutes tonight.

Posey vs Pryz...priceless. Too bad it didn't surprise me in the least.

Kamiyohk
01-23-2011, 12:04 AM
JOB cleverly confused Portland and their big front line by putting McRoberts in a suit for the night.

It's panning out well...unless you were hoping to have a guy over 6'8" left to play on the frontline for the final 6 minutes tonight.

Posey vs Pryz...priceless. Too bad it didn't surprise me in the least.

He should put Soloman in suit...
So he made wrong decisions again..

Lord Helmet
01-23-2011, 12:24 AM
O'Brien is garbage, but the team is as well.

esabyrn333
01-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Isiah was worse

How many time did Isiah miss the play offs with his young team....

Not saying either is any good but I am saying Isaih did make the play offs every year.

hoops_guy
01-23-2011, 12:37 AM

No. Tell me that Solo, Mike, TJ, and SOLOMON JONES would get time on a NBA team that uses common sense. Hell no.

Anyways, I'm going on strike. As a STH, I am not going to another game until the ****ing ******* **** of a clown is gone. I am going on strike. The ******* has ruined my ****ing Pacers experience and it pisses me the **** off. I've had enough and I'm not renewing my ****ing tickets. RobFomPacers you better hear this and tell my rep because at this point I'm not even answering calls anymore until the ****ing clown is gone.

9th ****ing seed. 9th freaking seed. Posey 20 minutes, Foster 15 minutes, a scoreless and pothead Rush 24 minutes, SOLOMON JONES PLAYED, and Mike 37 mother****ing minutes. Tyler 21 minutes, Hibbert 28 minutes, and worst of all Paul George 7 freaking minutes. Paul George 7 points in 7 ****ing minutes. Its a ****ing joke. A joke.

We get Hibbert and Granger finally playing well and Jim takes a big old **** on us. Josh McRoberts doesn't play. The mother****er has no ****ing conscience. I will not support this team nor Bird until the cancer is gone. I won't even post until the ****er is gone. I've had enough of it. Enough is enough.

7th seed to 9th like it is nothing. Forget it, I am not going to a game until Jim is gone. Did you hear that TPTB, I AM NOT GOING TO A GAME UNTIL THEY ARE GONE. A ****ing pathetic human being.

See you all in the summer when the ****er is gone forever. Sorry if this is repulsive PD, and I apologize. But enough is enough and I need one last rant here until he is gone. When he is gone we need to throw a big celebration of sorts on what will be the greatest day in Pacers history since the ABA Days (RIP). I don't want to get banned.. I'm sorry if this is really repulsive ahead of time.

pacer4ever
01-23-2011, 12:39 AM
No. Tell me that Solo, Mike, TJ, and SOLOMON JONES would get time on a NBA team that uses common sense. Hell no.

Anyways, I'm going on strike. As a STH, I am not going to another game until the ****ing ******* **** of a clown is gone. I am going on strike. The ******* has ruined my ****ing Pacers experience and it pisses me the **** off. I've had enough and I'm not renewing my ****ing tickets. RobFomPacers you better hear this and tell my rep because at this point I'm not even answering calls anymore until the ****ing clown is gone.

9th ****ing seed. 9th freaking seed. Posey 20 minutes, Foster 15 minutes, a scoreless and pothead Rush 24 minutes, SOLOMON JONES PLAYED, and Mike 37 mother****ing minutes. Tyler 21 minutes, Hibbert 28 minutes, and worst of all Paul George 7 freaking minutes. Paul George 7 points in 7 ****ing minutes. Its a ****ing joke. A joke.

We get Hibbert and Granger finally playing well and Jim takes a big old **** on us. Josh McRoberts doesn't play. The mother****er has no ****ing conscience. I will not support this team nor Bird until the cancer is gone. I won't even post until the ****er is gone. I've had enough of it. Enough is enough.

7th seed to 9th like it is nothing. Forget it, I am not going to a game until Jim is gone. Did you hear that TPTB, I AM NOT GOING TO A GAME UNTIL THEY ARE GONE. A ****ing pathetic human being.

See you all in the summer when the ****er is gone forever. Sorry if this is repulsive PD, and I apologize. But enough is enough and I need one last rant here until he is gone. When he is gone we need to throw a big celebration of sorts on what will be the greatest day in Pacers history since the ABA Days (RIP). I don't want to get banned.. I'm sorry if this is really repulsive ahead of time.

I concure i wont renew my tixs ethier unless the clown is gone

pwee31
01-23-2011, 12:40 AM

I do not feel the need to vent anymore :D

Trophy
01-23-2011, 12:40 AM

This team would benefit so much more with a different coach.

I really want Lawrence Frank as the head coach of the team.

BringJackBack
01-23-2011, 12:43 AM

Holy crap. The craziest thing is that I didn't even find this too much or too harsh for my taste.

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Just some things why I hate JOB that I saw tonight.

1. Paul George played great in the first half and didn't come back in until it was over.
2. Small ball. It doesn't work unless Granger is at the PF. He is the only one that actually stretches the floor. Posey is completely inept on offense and defense, especially at the PF position.
3. Play Roy Hibbert. He is finally getting back to form and he sits on the bench when the offense is ****. No one moves when he isn't in. Granger gets the ball and everyone stops. Similar things happen when Collison gets it.
4. I just really want to mention Paul George not playing more.
5. We were too eager to double team tonight. We are too eager with help defense (ahem Dunleavy, your good at help D because you help too much).

This team has talent. There are reasons we take huge leads and usually enter the 4th with a lead. But then it all falls to ****. And its not Granger choking. Its the offense failing, usually due to the players the coach puts on the court.

EDIT: Oh and why the **** did Jones play? Put him on the inactive list and play McRoberts.

vnzla81
01-23-2011, 12:45 AM
http://www.gizmology.net/images/tank01.jpg

PacerGuy
01-23-2011, 12:46 AM
> 1/2 the losses we were tied or lead in Q4.

Q4 is when a coach earns his money - or is suppose to at least... :mad:

Trophy
01-23-2011, 12:49 AM
I feel so much more confident in this being his last season here after the recent news and even if we do make the playoffs, he won't be here.

BringJackBack
01-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey, guys... That Jim O'Brien guy is a pretty good coach. Anyone would know that 89% the time Posey or Solo get scored on in the low post, so that just means after they score we get the ball faster to shoot a three. Therefore, we switch 2 for 1 for the rest of the game.

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey, guys... That Jim O'Brien guy is a pretty good coach. Anyone would know that 89% the time Posey or Solo get scored on in the low post, so that just means after they score we get the ball faster to shoot a three. Therefore, we switch 2 for 1 for the rest of the game.

OH! That makes complete sense! In JOB's mind apparently.

vnzla81
01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs228.ash2/50355_110917752254884_3584174_n.jpg

LA_Confidential
01-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Isiah was worse

You're Funny.

beast23
01-23-2011, 01:03 AM

See you all in the summer when the ****er is gone forever. Sorry if this is repulsive PD, and I apologize. But enough is enough and I need one last rant here until he is gone. When he is gone we need to throw a big celebration of sorts on what will be the greatest day in Pacers history since the ABA Days (RIP). I don't want to get banned.. I'm sorry if this is really repulsive ahead of time.Wow, in some circles, it would be said that you have just gone postal.

But here in PD culture, if it weren't for all of the asterisks, we would say "Congratulations, you've succeeded at going PFFL."

LA_Confidential
01-23-2011, 01:04 AM

What He Said.

BringJackBack
01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Wow, in some circles, it would be said that you have just gone postal.

But here in PD culture, if it weren't for all of the asterisks, we would say "Congratulations, you've succeeded at going PFFL."

Now, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? :-p

Isaac
01-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Wow, in some circles, it would be said that you have just gone postal.

I forget, is going PFFL related to Earl? If so, you'l just have to accept that this is his life now.

Isiah Thomas was bad, but *themanwhoshallnotbenamed*'s use of Posey has been historically bad. I feel confident in saying that 100% of the people on this board could use Posey better than *tmwsnbn*. In the 4th quarter he has now had Posey guard Amare, Al Horford (for 3 straight possesions), Blake Griffin (in fairness nobody was stopping him, but a 34 year old career small forward certainly isn't the answer) and probably others that I have forgotten.

Granted, most people on this board would make horrible coaches, but I do feel like we could all use Posey better. You would all play McRoberts too much at least.

Bball
01-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Well... 2 and 3 years of O'Brien led to some Pacer Apathy in the Pacer Nation... But it would appear 4 years is leading to something else... Anger...

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Well... 2 and 3 years of O'Brien led to some Pacer Apathy in the Pacer Nation... But it would appear 4 years is leading to something else... Anger...

Somebody needs to lead a mass of angry fans with pitchforks and torches! I would if I lived within 1000 miles of Conseco.

Peck
01-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Isiah was worse

You know that is the common thinking.

Now let's hear why?

I am no longer convinced that this is the case.

Foul on Smits
01-23-2011, 02:04 AM
atleast there was always the chance Isiah might go on the court and fight somebody. That was entertaining.

Peck
01-23-2011, 02:07 AM
BTW, at this point in time with the season you have two options. You can either laugh or cry, anything else is a waste of your time.

Here is something to chew on while you ponder which way to go, since December 1 our record is 7-17 that would make us one of the worst teams in the NBA, not the worst but one of them. 9-7 seems like a lifetime ago

imawhat
01-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't want Jim fired. I want him to quit, tonight.

I try not to get upset with the rotations because it's insane to expect something different, but it's still frustrating.

beast23
01-23-2011, 02:14 AM
BTW, at this point in time with the season you have two options. You can either laugh or cry, anything else is a waste of your time.I envy you. I have been unable to reach either extreme. My wife enters the room, finds me catatonic with the TV on, sees that my mouth is hanging open, lovingly wipes the drool from my chin and then leaves me to the game.... or so she tells me at a later opportunity when I have returned to a more lucid state.

Hoop
01-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks hoops_guy! That rant actually made me feel a little better.

I had a few of those melt downs last season.

Lately I just can't even muster up enough disgust to melt down. I expect the lineups to make no sense, I expect players who played well early to not play late, I expect Posey to be in the game late guarding someone he shouldn't. I expect JOB to F up just about any coaching decision there is to be made.

Hicks
01-23-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm more laugh than cry these days, though a lot of the time I'm just numb.

Bball
01-23-2011, 02:42 AM

Now let's hear why?

I think if you had O'Brien sit down and talk or write a book about various basketball strategies and the way coaches throughout history have tried to counter other teams he'd probably do a fair to impressive job. OTOH, I think Isiah wouldn't have that depth if charged with the same task.

But talking and doing are two different things.... And I'm not sure the product on the floor isn't just as confusing under O'Brien as it was under Isiah.

Foul on Smits
01-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Isiah Thomas has depth

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ocb4MFkDiAY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Psyren
01-23-2011, 02:47 AM
What sickens me the most is that this team IS TALENTED. Only talented to an extent, but there is no damn reason to be losing games like this.

Give us a coach that has some sort of clue about how to use a rotation, and this team is instantly able to show you the talent that we do actually have.

It's a shame, really.

d_c
01-23-2011, 03:43 AM

Now let's hear why?

Well, there was that one time JOB beat Isiah in the playoffs 4 games to 2 when Isiah had home court advantage and the more talented team.

Peck
01-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Is this the same year that Jamaal Tinsley's mother died of Cancer, Austin Croshere's father-in law died of a heart attack, Jermaine O'Neal's step father shot himself in the face, Ron Artest having melt down at the end of the season and destroying the weight room between games 1 & 2?

BTW that was rhetorical, that was the same year.

Of course we are also talking the same Isiah Thomas that made the playoffs while he was here.

Sure O'Brien hasn't had a lot of talent to work with but look at this lineup from Thomas's first year here and tell me it is significantly more talented than our group at present.

15 Ron Artest F 6-6 244 November 13, 1979 2 St. John's University
24 Jonathan Bender F 6-11 202 January 30, 1981 2
4 Travis Best G 5-11 182 July 12, 1972 6 Georgia Institute of Technology
2 Jamison Brewer G 6-4 184 November 19, 1980 R Auburn University
27 Primoz Brezec C 7-2 252 October 2, 1979 R
44 Austin Croshere F 6-9 235 May 1, 1975 4 Providence College
10 Jeff Foster F-C 6-11 236 January 16, 1977 2 Texas State University
3 Al Harrington F 6-9 230 February 17, 1980 3
5 Ron Mercer G-F 6-7 210 May 18, 1976 4 University of Kentucky
52 Brad Miller C 6-11 244 April 12, 1976 3 Purdue University
31 Reggie Miller G-F 6-7 185 August 24, 1965 14 University of California, Los Angeles
7 Jermaine O'Neal F-C 6-11 226 October 13, 1978 5
12 Kevin Ollie G 6-4 195 December 27, 1972 4 University of Connecticut
21 Norm Richardson G 6-5 190 July 24, 1979 R Hofstra University
6 Carlos Rogers C-F 6-11 220 February 6, 1971 7 Tennessee State University
5 Jalen Rose G 6-8 210 January 30, 1973 7 University of Michigan
40 Bruno Sundov C 7-2 220 February 10, 1980 3
11 Jamaal Tinsley G 6-3 195 February 28, 1978 R Iowa State University

Highlighted players came after trading away Rose & Best.

Jamaal was a rookie, Jermaine was a first year player getting any real min., Reggie was past his prime, Bender played the only real time he ever would but this was his first year getting any time either.

I'm not arguing that Thomas was any good but I think that maybe the flaws that Isiah had are not really any different than what Jim has.

Hell they even run a similar offense.

Unclebuck
01-23-2011, 08:41 AM

I decided a few weeks back that any post that has more than 1 ****, I will not read.

Unclebuck
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM

Now let's hear why?

When I made my post in this thread I thought the topic was JOB's rotations and I commented that Isiah's rotations were worse

colts19
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
When I made my post in this thread I thought the topic was JOB's rotations and I commented that Isiah's rotations were worse

It's not about who's rotations were the worst. It's about if O'brian can in any way be compared to Thomas's bad rotations, then we have a real problem.

idioteque
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
LOL, are people really defending JOB using the argument that IT was worse?

Forgive the hyperbole, but that's like saying World War I wasn't really that bad because World War II caused much more destruction.

They both suck and are detrimental to their teams. What else really needs to be said? Is the level of subsequent suckitude really that important?

idioteque
01-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I decided a few weeks back that any post that has more than 1 ****, I will not read.

Let me give you the rated G version then: the poster thinks JOB is really, really awful and won't watch another game or spend any more money on the Pacers until he's gone. The poster is also an STH.

Hicks
01-23-2011, 12:33 PM
You're confusing 2001-2002 with Isiah's actual first year, 2000-2001. The Bulls trade (which is how Kevin Ollie got here too, btw) wasn't until February of 2002. And also, just before that trade, Al Harrington went down with a torn ACL.

In '01, Zeke made the playoffs with Jalen Rose as the starting point guard.

Is this the same year that Jamaal Tinsley's mother died of Cancer, Austin Croshere's father-in law died of a heart attack, Jermaine O'Neal's step father shot himself in the face, Ron Artest having melt down at the end of the season and destroying the weight room between games 1 & 2?

BTW that was rhetorical, that was the same year.

Of course we are also talking the same Isiah Thomas that made the playoffs while he was here.

Sure O'Brien hasn't had a lot of talent to work with but look at this lineup from Thomas's first year here and tell me it is significantly more talented than our group at present.

15 Ron Artest F 6-6 244 November 13, 1979 2 St. John's University
24 Jonathan Bender F 6-11 202 January 30, 1981 2
4 Travis Best G 5-11 182 July 12, 1972 6 Georgia Institute of Technology
2 Jamison Brewer G 6-4 184 November 19, 1980 R Auburn University
27 Primoz Brezec C 7-2 252 October 2, 1979 R
44 Austin Croshere F 6-9 235 May 1, 1975 4 Providence College
10 Jeff Foster F-C 6-11 236 January 16, 1977 2 Texas State University
3 Al Harrington F 6-9 230 February 17, 1980 3
5 Ron Mercer G-F 6-7 210 May 18, 1976 4 University of Kentucky
52 Brad Miller C 6-11 244 April 12, 1976 3 Purdue University
31 Reggie Miller G-F 6-7 185 August 24, 1965 14 University of California, Los Angeles
7 Jermaine O'Neal F-C 6-11 226 October 13, 1978 5
12 Kevin Ollie G 6-4 195 December 27, 1972 4 University of Connecticut
21 Norm Richardson G 6-5 190 July 24, 1979 R Hofstra University
6 Carlos Rogers C-F 6-11 220 February 6, 1971 7 Tennessee State University
5 Jalen Rose G 6-8 210 January 30, 1973 7 University of Michigan
40 Bruno Sundov C 7-2 220 February 10, 1980 3
11 Jamaal Tinsley G 6-3 195 February 28, 1978 R Iowa State University

Highlighted players came after trading away Rose & Best.

Jamaal was a rookie, Jermaine was a first year player getting any real min., Reggie was past his prime, Bender played the only real time he ever would but this was his first year getting any time either.

I'm not arguing that Thomas was any good but I think that maybe the flaws that Isiah had are not really any different than what Jim has.

Hell they even run a similar offense.

Peck
01-23-2011, 12:36 PM
You're confusing 2001-2002 with Isiah's actual first year, 2000-2001. The Bulls trade (which is how Kevin Ollie got here too, btw) wasn't until February of 2002. And also, just before that trade, Al Harrington went down with a torn ACL.

In '01, Zeke made the playoffs with Jalen Rose as the starting point guard.

Good point. I totally was off a year, which in a way is more impressive that he got to the playoffs with even less talent that first year.

90'sNBARocked
01-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Isiah was worse

I respect your opinion, but disagree with it strongly

Go back and check the records, its not even close

BlueNGold
01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I concure i wont renew my tixs ethier unless the clown is gone

I most certainly will not watch the team if Jim gets a new contract. I've already started back to watching college basketball...which I've not done in years. It is a much better product...and would be an easy replacement.

BTW, I was a baseball fanatic in the 70's and 80's but the league drove me away the year they went on strike while my team (Reds) were winning the division. No world series that year due to the strike. Back in the day, I watched every game I could and listened if it wasn't on the tube. I could even tell you the score of every game of the year. No, I'm not kidding. I have not been back in some 20 years and don't even look at the box now.

So, yes, fans do get lost. The NBA better be really careful with this lockout too...

Basketball Fan
01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Isiah was worse

As far as PR is concerned yes beyond that I'm thinking IT wasn't that bad.

Hicks
01-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't recall Isiah having a PR problem when he was here.

Basketball Fan
01-23-2011, 02:12 PM

I was referring to that sexual harrassment suit he had with the Knicks I can only imagine if that happened here how much worse the Pacers reputation would be right now.

Regardless of what we may think of JOB we don't have those type of issues with him.

xIndyFan
01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
I . . . BTW, I was a baseball fanatic in the 70's and 80's but the league drove me away the year they went on strike while my team (Reds) were winning the division. No world series that year due to the strike. Back in the day, I watched every game I could and listened if it wasn't on the tube. I could even tell you the score of every game of the year. No, I'm not kidding. I have not been back in some 20 years and don't even look at the box now. . .

yeah, me too. the '94 strike chased me away from baseball. also cost the strat-o-matic game company a bunch of money that i sent them every year. :laugh:

McKeyFan
01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Personally, I remember getting frustrated with IT's rotations and wanting another coach.

But I never had, to any similar degree, the amount of anger, confusion, stunned perplexity, and, ultimately, a weird surreal feeling, that JOB has aroused.

So, BBall, it doesn't end with anger. It ends with questioning reality.

I Love P
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
JOB COY.

BlueNGold
01-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Personally, I remember getting frustrated with IT's rotations and wanting another coach.

But I never had, to any similar degree, the amount of anger, confusion, stunned perplexity, and, ultimately, a weird surreal feeling, that JOB has aroused.

So, BBall, it doesn't end with anger. It ends with questioning reality.

"The quick" was bad strategy, but at least we knew what to expect from Zeke.

Jim is far more frustrating due to his contradictions, public comments, terrible matchups, love affair with Murphy, decision to play vets who are worse (i.e. Posey and TJ)...just to name a few.

Who here would take back Zeke?

Personally, I think Jim is a better coach...but I'd still take Zeke back to mismanage the team purely due to the frustration level.

Bball
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM

There was some incident on I465 that didn't set well but I don't remember the details at this point. Did he ignore police and try and drive around an accident scene and then try and pull the "I'm Isiah Thomas" excuse?

McKeyFan
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
"The quick" was bad strategy, but at least we knew what to expect from Zeke.

Jim is far more frustrating due to his contradictions, public comments, terrible matchups, love affair with Murphy, decision to play vets who are worse (i.e. Posey and TJ)...just to name a few.

Who here would take back Zeke?

Personally, I think Jim is a better coach...but I'd still take Zeke back to mismanage the team purely due to the frustration level.
JOB is like hiring Albert Einstein to run your nuclear power plant.

That job is all about management. Although IT had problems, he did not lack BASIC SENSE when dealing with player personnel. Could he make bad judgments at times? Sure. Did he have some bad strategies. Yes. But Jim is not just less than effective with understanding people over systems. HE HAS SOME KIND OF LOOSE SCREW.

Larry Bird is the damn enabler, and that's what makes you question reality.

BlueNGold
01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Bird brought in Jim for discipline. I agreed with that move.

Bird would have written his pink slip by now but:

1) Jim is part of the Pacer family (related to Jack Ramsey)

2) There are only a few more months left of the season

3) One last high draft pick would not hurt the franchise much considering this is the last year of the boat anchor contracts and we start the real lift off next year

4) Jim conveniently fired the only competent person on the payroll in Lester Connor

5) We still have another dude in Lance Stephenson to discipline...although that effort will be futile. BTW, what is Brush smoking. Dude...our supposed SG...scored nothing against Portland.

6) The franchise is not going to fork out big money on a new coach prior to a lock-out.

7) Firing Jim at this point is simply more uncomfortable than letting his contract run out.

McKeyFan
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
7) Firing Jim at this point is simply more uncomfortable than letting his contract run out.
We shall see.

/pitchforks.

CableKC
01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
About JO'Bs rotations....I just have 3 words for you that describe it best:

Posey on Pryzbilla

I know that it was for a couple of minutes and/or possessions....but seriously, why were we even in a position having a 6'8" 217 pound Forward trying his best to box out a 7'1" 245 pound Center inside the paint much less fight for a rebound?

Even the Blazers announcers were laughing about it?

BlueNGold
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM
About JO'Bs rotations....I just have 3 words for you that describe it best:

Posey on Pryzbilla

I know that it was for a couple of minutes and/or possessions....but seriously, why were we even in a position having a 6'8" 217 pound Forward trying his best to box out a 7'1" 245 pound Center inside the paint much less fight for a rebound?

Even the Blazers announcers were laughing about it?

I think I've seen worse. It's really difficult to rank Posey's matchups with Josh Smith, Amare' Stoudemire and Pryzbilla. I think Smith and Amare' were worse because they're mobile enough to guard the perimeter some.

It's simply bad coaching.

CableKC
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I think I've seen worse. It's really difficult to rank Posey's matchups with Josh Smith, Amare' Stoudemire and Pryzbilla. I think Smith and Amare' were worse because they're mobile enough to guard the perimeter some.

It's simply bad coaching.
JSmoove and Amare were bad....but watching poor Posey guard Pryzbilla was funny....it's like the icing on the cake. Admittedly, if I had to choose between having Posey guard Aldridge or Pryzbilla...I'd have him guard Pryzbilla...but honestly...I wouldn't put him in the first place.

Unclebuck
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
LOL, are people really defending JOB using the argument that IT was worse?

Forgive the hyperbole, but that's like saying World War I wasn't really that bad because World War II caused much more destruction.

They both suck and are detrimental to their teams. What else really needs to be said? Is the level of subsequent suckitude really that important?

The comment I was responding to is that Jim O'Brien is the worst. Meaning no one is as bad as Jim, so my comment was in response to that. Therefore mentioning another coach who I think is worse is appropriate

Since86
01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone remember a couple of weeks ago where I was told how dumb it was for the Pacers to affect my personal life?

That **** ain't funny now, is it?

But it's okay. The next step is complete numbness. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Kamiyohk
01-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I am back.
Go pacers:)

aceace
01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm back also, of all the teams I support the Pacers will always be No #1 in any sport... my frustration is over no matter what happens.

Naptown_Seth
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone remember a couple of weeks ago where I was told how dumb it was for the Pacers to affect my personal life?

That **** ain't funny now, is it?

But it's okay. The next step is complete numbness. Nothing surprises me anymore.
I was getting numb too S86, and that was the most depressing part.

Let's all shake it off and get back to rooting for those kids to play better a month from now than they are today, and so on down the line into next year.