PDA

View Full Version : 1/22/2011 Game Thread #40: Pacers Vs. Blazers

Pages : 1 2 [3]

speakout4
01-23-2011, 01:33 AM
We can't beat a Blazers team w/ noy Roy, Oden, Camby, or Andre Miller. With Rudy Fernandez running the point, 3 guys playing more than 40 minutes with another playing 36 minutes.

At least we're not the Cavs
We're not?

graphic-er
We can't beat a Blazers team w/ noy Roy, Oden, Camby, or Andre Miller. With Rudy Fernandez running the point, 3 guys playing more than 40 minutes with another playing 36 minutes.

Honestly, we aren't much better.

90'sNBARocked
CHANGES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AesopRockOn
01-23-2011, 01:34 AM
LG33, our offense in the second half for many games has had terrible execution and an overreliance on isolations. Today, we shot terribly from 3 and turned it over way too much. I hate to be on the JOB-bashing bandwagon, but the lack of George and the misuse of Collison/Price is on him. We also got nothing on offense from Posey and Rush. It was a pretty bad second half from my view.

NapTonius Monk
That 3 by Fernandez was a back breaker.

croz24
the pacers had no business losing to a team with half their players out.

Mr_Smith
01-23-2011, 01:35 AM
The stacy paetz interview with an opposing player.yay!!:dance:

LoneGranger33
At least the Cavs have 1) a reason to suck and 2) a potential number #1 pick waiting for them.

pwee31
Honestly, we aren't much better.

We've beat them 3 times, take that for what it's worth :confused:

tsm612

Except the Cavs are on their way to getting a guy like Perry Jones or Kyrie Irving with Byron Scott as their head coach.

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 01:36 AM
The stacy paetz interview with an opposing player.yay!!:dance:

How many times do we have to go over this? The team that wins always gets the post game interview because it is used for highlights for national media.

graphic-er
Tonight is proof enough that we need Nate McMillian next year as our Coach.

pacer4ever
At least the Cavs have 1) a reason to suck and 2) a potential number #1 pick waiting for them.

and Bryon Scott

LA_Confidential
Boo.

Trophy
01-23-2011, 01:37 AM
This team is ridiculous.

PacerPenguins

how bout tomorrow?

AesopRockOn
a potential number #1 pick waiting for them.

Even if he's good, he'll just take his talents elsewhere after a few years.

LA_Confidential

No its not. Its proof that JOB doesn't need to be our coach next year.

imbtyler
01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
It was nice to see that Paul was on the floor during crunch time. It's saying something about how JOB feels about his abilities. A little surprised Posey made that 3. Not surprised he shot it, or that we lost. Oh well.

LoneGranger33
01-23-2011, 01:39 AM
LG33, our offense in the second half for many games has had terrible execution and an overreliance on isolations. Today, we shot terribly from 3 and turned it over way too much. I hate to be on the JOB-bashing bandwagon, but the lack of George and the misuse of Collison/Price is on him. We also got nothing on offense from Posey and Rush. It was a pretty bad second half from my view.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm simply saying that the team played well enough to win and might have if Batum didn't hit five threes and Aldridge four straight twenty footers. Perhaps a more accurate statement would be that our defense put us in good position to win this game.

Trophy
It was nice to see that Paul was on the floor during crunch time. It's saying something about how JOB feels about his abilities. A little surprised Posey made that 3. Not surprised he shot it, or that we lost. Oh well.

He ruined my chance of getting the score right on the nose. :mad:

Mr_Smith
How many times do we have to go over this? The team that wins always gets the post game interview because it is used for highlights for national media.

I'm sorry I wasn't around when that was discussed....oh please forgive me!

vnzla81
01-23-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.gizmology.net/images/tank01.jpg

Is time .........

15th parallel
01-23-2011, 01:40 AM
This team is really bad. I know JOB is a bad coach, but this team is just really, really bad.

It's not really bad...considering Roy had a double double after 3 quarters and then for some reason he was sent to the bench purgatory, George scored 7 pts in 7 mins and then sent again to bench purgatory only to enter the last seconds of the game, and AJ played decent until he was sent again to bench purgatory by JOB.

The problem really is the rotation heading in to 4th. Batum is killing Dun yet he's still out there in the 4th. Solo did nothing in 3 quarters when we are leading but entered the game in the 4th for no good reason. Posey, well for some reason whether he's scoring well or not he's being played by JOB.

It's the problem on rotations. There's no really good reason why the young guys who are playing well and gave us a chance to win is being benched so much, while the vets who are killing our chances to win are getting a great amount of minutes.

graphic-er
01-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Let it be noted that the Blazers beat us by running the same offensive set for the entire 2nd half. PnP with L.A. and we defended the same everytime and got beat by it every time. At some point you have to go under the screen and take your chances with the guard getting a good look. Especially when L.A. is knocking down that long 2 like a robot.
Also they gave way too much respect to Patty Mills on those plays as well. Foster should have never left L.A. to help cover Price or AJ off the screen. Let them recover on their own, they have speed. Patty Mills isn't going to beat you. L.A. will every time.

speakout4
01-23-2011, 01:44 AM
For 47+ minutes Rush and Posey had 0 points, 3-4 rebounds.

LA_Confidential
01-23-2011, 01:45 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSrJewOQYd0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Foul on Smits
01-23-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm going to be stunned if O'Brien is the coach when Indy gets back from this trip. No way they beat Denver right now. 5 straight losses and a date with Orlando.

If this guy is coach, then he must have nudes of Larry Bird stored away some where.

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm going to be stunned if O'Brien is the coach when Indy gets back from this trip. No way they beat Denver right now. 5 straight losses and a date with Orlando.

If this guy is coach, then he must have nudes of Larry Bird stored away some where.

Well damnit Larry, fire him, I want those pics!

graphic-er
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
No its not. Its proof that JOB doesn't need to be our coach next year.

Well the Blazers are on a 5 game winning streak despite losing 3 starters for the season. That is a remarkable coaching job he is putting together. We were up by 16 points and they came back on us exploiting our weaknesses. That the sign of a great coach. His contract is up just like JOB's, and there was talk that he was on the hot seat as well. I don't see how. Blazers should be extending him.

LA_Confidential
01-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Well the Blazers are on a 5 game winning streak despite losing 3 starters for the season. That is a remarkable coaching job he is putting together. We were up by 16 points and they came back on us exploiting our weaknesses. That the sign of a great coach.

Kudos to them for the win streak but us blowing leads is hardly anything new.

ilive4sports
01-23-2011, 01:52 AM
I will say this, if Portland was completely healthy, they would be a damn good team. Its ashame that they arent.

ChristianDudley
01-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Absolutely nothing to say except more of the same...4th quarter collapse (starts late in the 3rd quarter) and leads to a loss. Terrible coach who needs to be removed from the team. I don't know why our Front Office won't grow a pair and do something about this. We have been in GREAT position to FINALLY make the playoffs and now everything is spiraling out of control with no end in sight. How can the Front Office not even care about making a change--we've seen this for several seasons already. Before too long, any decent talent we have will all want out of Indianapolis, and then that will affect on who we can even get in here even if we have all the money in the world. Losing sucks!!!!!!!!!!

spazzxb
01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
You job's mom? you need to get off some peoples nuts or develop a sense of humor.

I thought the picture was funny. Most jokes are only funny the first couple times you here them.

PR07
01-23-2011, 03:23 AM
No way I trade our draft pick now, this team is free-falling.

DemonHunter1105
01-23-2011, 03:39 AM
I haven't really felt like we were ever in such a bad position that I had to hit the panic button.

But right now we just secured sole possession of the 9th position. And the only winnable games coming up are possibly NJ and maybe Toronto. If not those, then hopefully they can beat lowly Cleveland.

This may be the only time I have ever thought this, but I just want the season to be over so we can get a fresh start again. So much pain and defeat.

It is safe to say the panic button has been pressed.

daschysta
01-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I don't know guys, it isn't like we are playing horribly. We're losing ALOT of really close contests, bad luck and bad rotations are the biggest part of it. We can take hope from the fact that we KNOW the team can compete and play anyone close, and we know now that they can play defense.

If we just could get a new damn coach so that we can move on to our future. I appreciate what jim has done, I really do, and he was good for us, I think given our personelle for at least his first year. But the rotations have jsut gotten soo out of hand, that even when he looks like he is turning a corner, he will flip flop the next game, we need consistancy. I was so excited that AJ was finally getting his chance, but I couldn't get the feeling out of the back of my mind that JOB could yank him and i'd see TJ every time the game came out of a time out.

Paul George has earned minutes NOW. Honestly i'd rather play PG as backup small powerforward than Posey, he'd stay with his man better, neither can bang in the post, and I honestly think Paul is already better at the 3 ball, and is showing a silky smooth varied offensive arsenal.

We need a new coach for a new era. Most of the talent is in place (with another mid-high level guy or two from a trade or the capspace) To be a near 50 win team in a few years. Let's find our coach for that era. I think it will be a team that people will be able to root for.

It makes me really sad that the team I love so much is occasionally less enjoyable to me, not because of anything that they do on the court, but what that Joker on the sideline does. I don't dislike him personally, and some teams obviously benefit from him, he did well in boston and Philly, but it's time we moved on. And I defend alot of his moves, he isn't the neanderthal alot of people make him out be on here.

Speed
01-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Paul George is the 1st top ten pick, in forever, for the Pacers..

plays well the first half, is playing well everytime he plays, BRush is a complete non factor, again, PG plays 2 seconds after half...

I don't get it.

Its not even a cry for a youth movement or development, which is reason enough.

Paul deserves to play much much more, he's one of your 3 best wings..... on some nights, one of your best two.

Justin Tyme
01-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, I watched the 1st have of the game and then went to bed. I said to myself the Pacers are up 7 points and will lose the game. After thinking that, I mused thru their roster as to who would be the players to bring them to victory. I decided it would be Aldridge, Ferandez, and Batum. I also felt since Granger didn't have a good 1st half he'd put up points in the second half. So now I read this is exactly what happens! Why o why didn't I select the numbers for a Powerball ticket last night, since I seemed to have some clairvoyance going for myself.

Something no one has mentioned or maybe considered, after reading the last 4 pages of the thread, concerning Jimmy's substitution of players is that the Pacers were playing the front game of a btb with Denver tonight. Maybe he was trying to give players some rest for tonight's game.

At 5:30, I checked to see if my prediction was correct that the Pacers would lose the game and slide into the 9th spot. I was expecting the Bucks to win and push them down, but instead it was Philly. The Pacers are in 9th place now with the Bucks only a half game behind. If the Pacers lose tonight at Denver, who are 19-5 at homer, the Bucks then be in 9th place tie with the Pacers at 16-25.

I'm on the verge of finally advocating for Jimmy's dismissal, but I just don't see Herb Simon spending any money on another coach. Congrats to you Jimmy by selecting your asts to give yourself job security for the year. Who ever said you were stupid obviously didn't understand your cunningness!

Unclebuck
01-23-2011, 10:38 AM
The one constant this season is that when the opponent's defense gets more intense the pacers fall apart. But when the oppoents defense is soft, the pacers can be a really good ofense team. That is what happened tonight.

Not too much more complicated than that

Justin Tyme
01-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Paul George is the 1st top ten pick, in forever, for the Pacers..

Right now the Pacers have the 10th worse record and after tonights loss they will be tied with the Bucks for 9th. For those wanting a top 10 pick in the lottery you don't have to advocate tanking just keep hoping that Bird and Simon don't come to their senses and fire Jimmy.

geetee
01-23-2011, 10:48 AM
I was at the game last night behind the P's bench. I don't get to see the P's too often so this was both a thrill and a disappointment (because of the loss) at the same time. The Portland crowd is just fantastic. The energy from the crowd definetly gave Portland a lift in this game, a true 6th man. Indy just seems to fall apart any time the opponent gets physical and turns up the D. Portland was pressing full court and put the Pacers out of sync. Too many iso's and too many ball hand offs. We just seem easy to defend when the opponent starts to focus on D and we really make no adjustments to our game to counter. Like everyone else, I was just flat out confused by the rotations.

DrFife
01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Interesting that you confirm Buck's assertion about wilting under defensive pressure. Combining this insight with Granger's statement that the team hasn't yet learned how to close out games ties right in to Larry's desire to add another veteran.

So forget Anthony Randolph, right? Right?? I imagine Larry instead is trying his best to make a deal to land a starting veteran. But if it comes down to choosing between including PGeorge and/or our #1, at this point, which would you include?

Speed
01-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Interesting that you confirm Buck's assertion about wilting under defensive pressure. Combining this insight with Granger's statement that the team hasn't yet learned how to close out games ties right in to Larry's desire to add another veteran.

So forget Anthony Randolph, right? Right?? I imagine Larry instead is trying his best to make a deal to land a starting veteran. But if it comes down to choosing between including PGeorge and/or our #1, at this point, which would you include?

Easily the #1 pick, top 8 protected or so. Paul's 20 and already looks like he belongs and should be getting 20 plus mins a game.

Paul's also a two way player, who will be able to defend and score, name 3 players on the current team that this applies to.

PG seems to get better every month, imho, thats a really good sign.

It would take alot for me to include PG in a trade, I think he's way under utilized and under valued, at this moment.

It's easy to idealize first year players (see history on Shawne Williams), but with PG I think there's good reason to like his game. I can't think of much he doesn't seem capable of doing with patience and hard work.

purdue101
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
The one constant this season is that when the opponent's defense gets more intense the pacers fall apart. But when the oppoents defense is soft, the pacers can be a really good ofense team. That is what happened tonight.

Not too much more complicated than that

Correct, Nate made some excellent adjustments that ultimately won the game. The problem is that our coach rarely if ever makes the correct counter adjustments to give us a chance to win.

I can think of about a dozen games we've lost this year, where this team cannot adjust to a teams new scheme, and we lose in the 4th. That is on the coach. JOB cannot continue to just turn a blind eye and go with his bread and butter of Posey at the 4. NY, NO, LAC, & last night, off the top of my head, where Posey was abused by the other teams PF/C. For what? To stretch the floor? It never works, but it continues to be rolled out on some ####ing pedastal over and over and over again. All the while Hans & PG rot on the bench. Both of those guys were 2 of the main reasons we built that lead to begin with.

It's mystifying that this man cannot see what thousands of others have been saying for months. And he's the one being paid millions of dollars. I'm not joking one bit when I say this, but I've considered that Jim has the early onset of some mental illness. I'm being dead serious. I just cannot come to any other valid reason as to why his state of mind is so far off.

This man is turning Pacer nation into complete disarray. I mean, I have never seen so much hatred towards the organization in my life. Why they do not remove him is beyond me. That spotlight is past the coach and creeping onto the front office. They are losing a lot of credibility in my eyes, and this coming from somone who has supported almost all of Larry's moves.

speakout4
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM

In PG we have a #1 who may be a difference maker. Why would we trade that away?

Speed
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Correct, Nate made some excellent adjustments that ultimately won the game. The problem is that our coach rarely if ever makes the correct counter adjustments to give us a chance to win.

I can think of about a dozen games we've lost this year, where this team cannot adjust to a teams new scheme, and we lose in the 4th. That is on the coach. JOB cannot continue to just turn a blind eye and go with his bread and butter of Posey at the 4. NY, NO, LAC, & last night, off the top of my head, where Posey was abused by the other teams PF/C. For what? To stretch the floor? It never works, but it continues to be rolled out on some ####ing pedastal over and over and over again. All the while Hans & PG rot on the bench. Both of those guys were 2 of the main reasons we built that lead to begin with.

It's mystifying that this man cannot see what thousands of others have been saying for months. And he's the one being paid millions of dollars. I'm not joking one bit when I say this, but I've considered that Jim has the early onset of some mental illness. I'm being dead serious. I just cannot come to any other valid reason as to why his state of mind is so far off.

This man is turning Pacer nation into complete disarray. I mean, I have never seen so much hatred towards the organization in my life. Why they do not remove him is beyond me. That spotlight is past the coach and creeping onto the front office. They are losing a lot of credibility in my eyes, and this coming from somone who has supported almost all of Larry's moves.

If you put Posey in, you have to be able to exploit that advantage, they don't. Even if it was a good idea, they don't do the things to make it a good idea.

Disclaimer: I don't think its a good idea.

Basketball Fan
01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Watching the Pacers is like watching Groundhog's Day you know exactly how its going to end....

And yes O'Brien needs to go but like Jim Caldwell I never thought he was a good hire either.

Speed
01-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I keep thinking... is there a closer, who is not a superstar, out there?

A guy who could be had in a trade that can score in Crunch time, but maybe has a deficiency in another area that makes him affordable?

Sookie
01-23-2011, 12:39 PM

A guy who could be had in a trade that can score in Crunch time, but maybe has a deficiency in another area that makes him affordable?

This team could score in crunch time if our coach actually had a few plays other than ISO's. I'd be confident with Danny taking the last shot if we ran him off a screen instead of handing him the ball. Roy could probably too if we figured out how to get him the ball in a good position.

PaceBalls
01-23-2011, 12:40 PM

Kevin Martin? Not sure if he is affordable.

Speed
01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Kevin Martin? Not sure if he is affordable.

Thats exactly the type though, I'm thinking.

JR Smith I think I've seen hit buckets in the 4th, I'm not at all interested.

Nate Robinson did it against the Pacers with the Knicks, still not at all interested.

Hedo did it historically for Orlando, again, not someone I like, nor could you get.

I'm not suggesting those 3 players at all, but I'm looking for a finishing type.

vnzla81
01-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Jamal Crawford?