PDA

View Full Version : Sports Talk Radio/ Pacers

brewpopps
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Wondering opinions on who we listening to and who we like re:Pacers coverage?
JMV seems to have more passion for the game and Pacers but I've heard MP with Conrad Brunner, Denari and Mike Wells racently. Makes me think Mark Patrick has upped his game since his understudy has his own show. Dakich will tell us how he feels too, and he and Boyle have some common ground.

croz24
01-22-2011, 07:13 PM
derek schultz is easily the best imo. the other guys spend too much time trying to be funny and lack substance. schultz is unbiased, takes more calls, and sticks to sports. when i listen to sports talk radio, i want to hear them talk about sports. and schultz is the best at that imo.

pwee31
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I've always been a JMV: The Drive fan, I don't mind the jokes, the Pacers have been one themselves in recent years.

I feel it reaches out to all age groups that would actually be listening to the radio, fun spirited, local sports, works for me

special ed
01-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I like the interaction of Mark Boyle with Coach Dakich, it just seems like two friends talking. Have no idea who Derek Schultz is, although I'm guessing it's 950 between 3-6 p.m. I often hear Rakestraw these days as a featured guest host on DD's show.
JMV seems to do his homework on all things hoops, while MP wings it, IMO. It will be interesting to see if this market still supports three drive time sports talk shows after the football season, simply because the only talk about the Pacers will be the same as around here: negative complaints regarding the coaching and sub patterns!