PDA

View Full Version : Is this rest good for big Roy?

BringJackBack
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you think that this short time off is going to help Roy gain his confidence and swagger back soon with this rest being a big factor into his re-emergence perhaps? I suppose I am trying to be optimistic but this just hit me..

..The reason I ask is because I was watching a game from him earlier in the season when he was a monster, and he obviously still has those skills. We could use a happy big Roy.

Just saying since we could really use a positive force down low; When I watched one of his earlier season games I was impressed and I said to myself, "THIS is what we have been missing."

pwee31
01-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I voted yes b/c I'm not sure he can lose it anymore. We need Roy to be successful, there's no hiding that

Psyren
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm going to say yes just like pwee did.

I'm not sure he can get any worse than he is right now. So hopefully, the only place he can go is up.

Kemo
01-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I vote yes..

I honestly think what we are seeing, is Roy hitting his rookie wall a little late, since he really hasnt hit it previously...

It really saddens me to see alot of posters turncoat on him... already talking trading him..

Sookie
01-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Larry Bird mentioned that he thinks Roy might work too hard, physically and mentally. So maybe he needed a break.

hoops_guy
01-21-2011, 11:27 PM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope that he can. We need him to be consistently solid on the basketball court.

xBulletproof
01-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Maybe.

I think Roy just worries too much about what other people think. I always worry that he reads this place (because we know he does) and it effects him. If your mind is on what other people are thinking about you instead of just playing, you're going to struggle. Being a white guy who plays regularly in area's where I'm the only white guy in view, it's happened to me a couple times. I'll be playing with nobody who knows me at all, and my first couple shots I'll be thinking ...."If I miss this, will I ever get the ball again? Will they automatically dismiss me as just another bad white guy?" .....

Yet as soon as I think "**** these guys, I'm going to play my game no matter what they think", I just let my instincts take over and I'm fine.

I really believe this is Roy's problem.

jeffg-body
01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
I think the time away from his teammates will make him appreciate what they do on a daily basis. I hope he will get his focus on doing what he needs to do and not try to do the things that everyone knows he cannot do. I really like the kid as a player and as a person who is willing to make sacrifices for the good of the team. People tend to believe that bigs coming into the league should be dominant within a year or two to be doiminant, when the real case it takes 98% of the bigs in the NBA around 4-5 years before they feel comfortable in what they are doing.

xIndyFan
01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
i said no. the rest will help him physically, but the URI will cancel that out. but maybe fewer minutes played harder will help. deep six the low post offense stuff except for rim running early in the shot clock. reduce his responsibilities offensively. that will help his mental issues more than simple rest.