PDA

View Full Version : Which non elite players have impressed you?

BornReady#6
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Which non elite players have impressed you this year? You know guys that are young and working hard, and making a name for themselves, they dont even have to start, or being putting up big numbers, but they must be at least improving.

Mines:

Glen Davis: has really, really stepped his game up this year, and is getting double figures in scoring nightly. Even after all the veteran big man pick ups, Baby is really holding his own, and I for one have been impressed.

Landry Fields: I know Felton has been the Diamond in the rough for the surprising Knicks, but you have to love Fields work ethic. He does whatever the teams needs at any given moment, and it is paying off for him. He might never reach elite level, but he will be a name everyone knows and remembers for a very long time.

Andrea Bargnani: There is a lot of discrepancy here, because he is a former #1 pick, and has a lot of expectations. This year I think he is meeting those. The Raps are one of my favorite teams to watch this year, and Bargnani is tearing it up.

Boobie Gibson: Cleveland doesnt have much to be excited about now days. But Boobie Gibson is doing okay.

Greg Monroe: I remember last year before the draft there was so much speculation about Monroe and his game in the NBA. Seemed like more haters than believers, but now there are only quiet bystanders. I really would have liked to see him next to Roy, but at least he is doing his thing, and silencing the haters.

TMac(elite no mo) : Like Monroe, he has been a pleasant surprise for the gloomy Pistons this season. When healthy Tmac has been the jolt the Pistons need on and off the court, to make it through a rough season.

PG24: The other day on the Leachereport I read that PG24 was our biggest mistake, and that we should have taken Fields, Pondexter, Crawford or Henry. IM LIKE WTF? But we all know the obvious answer to that. I love PG24, and like all of you think he is a soon to be all star.

Ersan Ilyasova: He has been putting in minutes lately over Gooden and Sanders, and doing his thing too. Good job kid!

Ryan Anderson: ahhh Troy Murphy II, I really like this guys game. The Magic have put off there search for a back up C since his out break, and it is paying off.

Nick Young: The biggest benefactor from the Hibachi trade has been this Young man here. He is simply "on fire".

DeMarcus Cousins: He might not give a @$%#, but he puts up numbers, to bad that arent converting into wins....

Channing Frye: One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing someone say "he sucks", about an NBA player. These guys work there butts off to get the chance to perform, and for whatever reason, some may not have the ability to rise to the occasion, or expectations for whatever reasons, but I assure you, from Oliver Miller to TJ Ford, no person who has ever been penned to a NBA contract "sucks at basketball". Getting to Frye, I applaud him for finally finding his rhythm and silencing the critics.

DeAndre Jordan: This guy reminds me of a much more athletic Ben Wallace. I loved him coming into the league and am glad to see him doing well. And yes I am reluctantly jumping on the Clipps bandwagon, but hey they not only have DJ, Griffin and Bdiddy, they have our boy Gordon, and Bledsoe from UK.

Dorrell Wright: Havent found someone that isnt happy for this guy.

Serge Ibaka: Nice athletic big man, providing exciting dunks! Whats not to love?

Beasley: see Frye.

King Tuts Tomb
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Totally agree on DeAndre Jordan. His basketball IQ is 0 but he still has two or three great plays a game. I can't believe he went so low in the draft. Just his body alone should have made him a first round pick.

Jrue Holiday is another guy who never gets mentioned that I love. Six-four, 20 years old, can pass and finish at the rim.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM
-I've been suprised by how good of a fit Shaq has been. Ditto for Glen Davis.

-Wilson Chandler has been very good this year for the Knicks.

-Elton Brand has seemingly redeemed himself, even though all he does is shoot fadeaways 5ft from the basket.

-Dorrell Wright, Nick Young, and Demar Derozan have made some very positive strides this year too.

-Hedo Turkoglu. I thought he was finished; just a spot up shooter.. He's basically the same guy from two years ago.

BornReady#6
01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
-Hedo Turkoglu. I thought he was finished; just a spot up shooter.. He's basically the same guy from two years ago.

This is another testimony of how coaches and systems can make or break good players.

Marlin
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Good choices. I'd have to add Kris Humphries somewhere in there, too. And Kyle Lowry had a pretty good stretch subbing in for Brooks.

BKK
01-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Good choices indeed, I'd add Gary Neal. He can really shoot the ball and isn't affraid of it

Day-V
01-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Brian Scalabrine.

LucasRL13
01-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Which non elite players have impressed you this year? You know guys that are young and working hard, and making a name for themselves, they dont even have to start, or being putting up big numbers, but they must be at least improving.

Mines:

Glen Davis: has really, really stepped his game up this year, and is getting double figures in scoring nightly. Even after all the veteran big man pick ups, Baby is really holding his own, and I for one have been impressed.

Landry Fields: I know Felton has been the Diamond in the rough for the surprising Knicks, but you have to love Fields work ethic. He does whatever the teams needs at any given moment, and it is paying off for him. He might never reach elite level, but he will be a name everyone knows and remembers for a very long time.

Andrea Bargnani: There is a lot of discrepancy here, because he is a former #1 pick, and has a lot of expectations. This year I think he is meeting those. The Raps are one of my favorite teams to watch this year, and Bargnani is tearing it up.

Boobie Gibson: Cleveland doesnt have much to be excited about now days. But Boobie Gibson is doing okay.

Greg Monroe: I remember last year before the draft there was so much speculation about Monroe and his game in the NBA. Seemed like more haters than believers, but now there are only quiet bystanders. I really would have liked to see him next to Roy, but at least he is doing his thing, and silencing the haters.

TMac(elite no mo) : Like Monroe, he has been a pleasant surprise for the gloomy Pistons this season. When healthy Tmac has been the jolt the Pistons need on and off the court, to make it through a rough season.

PG24: The other day on the Leachereport I read that PG24 was our biggest mistake, and that we should have taken Fields, Pondexter, Crawford or Henry. IM LIKE WTF? But we all know the obvious answer to that. I love PG24, and like all of you think he is a soon to be all star.

Ersan Ilyasova: He has been putting in minutes lately over Gooden and Sanders, and doing his thing too. Good job kid!

Ryan Anderson: ahhh Troy Murphy II, I really like this guys game. The Magic have put off there search for a back up C since his out break, and it is paying off.

Nick Young: The biggest benefactor from the Hibachi trade has been this Young man here. He is simply "on fire".

DeMarcus Cousins: He might not give a @$%#, but he puts up numbers, to bad that arent converting into wins....

Channing Frye: One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing someone say "he sucks", about an NBA player. These guys work there butts off to get the chance to perform, and for whatever reason, some may not have the ability to rise to the occasion, or expectations for whatever reasons, but I assure you, from Oliver Miller to TJ Ford, no person who has ever been penned to a NBA contract "sucks at basketball". Getting to Frye, I applaud him for finally finding his rhythm and silencing the critics.

DeAndre Jordan: This guy reminds me of a much more athletic Ben Wallace. I loved him coming into the league and am glad to see him doing well. And yes I am reluctantly jumping on the Clipps bandwagon, but hey they not only have DJ, Griffin and Bdiddy, they have our boy Gordon, and Bledsoe from UK.

Dorrell Wright: Havent found someone that isnt happy for this guy.

Serge Ibaka: Nice athletic big man, providing exciting dunks! Whats not to love?

Beasley: see Frye.

OMG, is the worst rookie ever
My little George :rolleyes: