PDA

View Full Version : Roy probably out versus Portland?

Day-V
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Just saw this Tweet from the big fella;

Sitting in the room watching SVU. I can't travel with the team or be around them. Wish I could be bubble boy. Then I could be around them.
http://twitter.com/#!/Hoya2aPacer/status/28169210613997569

Looks like he is still in the Bay Area.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Did the last part of that tweet come off weird to anyone else?

BPump33
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM

Weird like stalker ex-girlfriend weird?

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes.

Day-V
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Weird like stalker ex-girlfriend weird?

I could see why some would think that. But honestly, I think the Big Fella just misses his buds. Seems like he gets along well with everyone on the team.

El Pacero
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM

I think it was just a joke. Anytime you can bring up bubble boy, you do it. At least he's hopefully in good mood.

BPump33
01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I think it was just a joke. Anytime you can bring up bubble boy, you do it. At least he's hopefully in good mood.

Agreed on bubble boy. Not to mention that would be a big @ss bubble to hold Roy.

Pacers4Life
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Personally I dont care too much. Did I miss TRYING to watch the big fella go to work last night? Yes. But when it usually doesn't work or he just ends up embarrassing me.. I generally lighten up a bit.

He needs to find his game.

Speed
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Looks like he is still in the Bay Area.

They said on the telecast last night that the team was staying in Oakland for today and practicing there, instead of travelling today.

NuffSaid
01-20-2011, 04:48 PM
All I know is if the Pacers don't win against a severely injury depleted Blazers squad, they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I can understand losing to the Clippers and Warriors because both teams have talented players and healthy rosters to boot and both play high, uptempo games just as the Pacers do. But with the number of injuries the Blazers are suffering through (their latest victim is Marcus Camby) and they only have LaMarcus Aldridge as their sole scoring punch, the Pacers had better win by a landslide!!!

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
All I know is if the Pacers don't win against a severely injury depleted Blazers squad, they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I can understand losing to the Clippers and Warriors because both teams have talented players and healthy rosters to boot and both play high, uptempo games just as the Pacers do. But with the number of injuries the Blazers are suffering through (their latest victim is Marcus Camby) and they only have LaMarcus Aldridge as their sole scoring punch, the Pacers had better win by a landslide!!!

I wouldn't expect a win by any means. Portland is on a 3 game winning streak, over teams who are on our level (Minnesota, New Jersey, Sacramento), and the overall talent of their starting 5 is still just as good as ours even with the injuries

Andre Miller
Wes Matthews
Nicolas Batum
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dante Cunningham

I Love P
01-20-2011, 04:56 PM
This team is built for the future, not the present. Would you rather get a 7th or 8th seed and get swept by Boston or Miami or take another top 10 pick?

Pacers4Life
01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
This team is built for the future, not the present. Would you rather get a 7th or 8th seed and get swept by Boston or Miami or take another top 10 pick?

The first one.. Always. Though I don't think we'd be swept

Day-V
01-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Update from the Big Fella:

On my way to the airport. So happy to rejoin the team. I was an outsider looking in for a while.
http://twitter.com/#!/Hoya2aPacer/status/28676765287190528