PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rumors: Granger - Nets Plan B

Dr. Awesome
01-20-2011, 01:34 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

With the Nets now out of the Carmelo Anthony running, there has been some suggestion they'll still be a player at the deadline.

And as ESPN's Chad Ford wrote in his chat Wednesday, Pacers small forward Danny Granger could come into play for them.

"The Nets have a bunch of assets right now and want to improve dramatically," he wrote. "They pursued Granger at draft time and could pick up the pursuit again."

While Granger has previously been thought of as untouchable, ESPN's Marc Stein reported earlier this month that "there are some fresh rumbles in circulation that the Pacers are softening their no-trade stance on the Team USA swingman," so the Nets may be able to swing a deal for him by the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

Pretty much just a rumor, but interesting none the less.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Since Melo was plan A and they backed out would Granger become plan A?

Trophy
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Where do they even get their facts from?

It's just a load of :bs:

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
As much as I would approve of Danny to NJ for Favors and a first or something of that nature, unfortunately I'm fairly sure that Larry isn't going to trade to get younger.. Mike Wells just tweeted something of that nature about Randolph.

xIndyFan
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
as alway, the devil is in the details. if the nets offer the melo package, then the pacers would probably trade granger. but if they offer devin harris and a first, the pacers say no thanx. here's hoping the nets panic a little and make an offer too good to refuse.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:40 PM
As much as I would approve of Danny to NJ for Favors and a first or something of that nature, unfortunately I'm fairly sure that Larry isn't going to trade to get younger.. Mike Wells just tweeted something of that nature about Randolph.

Favors is different than AR. AR doesnt play much defense and has a horrible attuitue. I hope LB gets it done if offered Favors and unprotected 1st for danny

vnzla81
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Harris+Favors+pick? Allllldayyy looong

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM

I doubt we could get that package Favors and a 1st would be about alll. I think they still have the cap room or they could throe sash in there. He has a 6 million dollar expring i think.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I'd do this trade. We get younger, get worse for this year giving us a top 10 pick by developing and playing the young guys, we get NJ's lottery pick plus all that money this summer.

Day-V
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
I'd love to do this. Unforunately, I'm not sure if NJ would think Danny is worth Favors and a 1st.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Favors is different than AR. AR doesnt play much defense and has a horrible attuitue. I hope LB gets it done if offered Favors and unprotected 1st for danny

Yes, obviously. But the overall point of the tweet was that Larry wants to get a good veteran..

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes, obviously. But the overall point of the tweet was that Larry wants to get a good veteran..

Which is stupid when you are a pernniel 35 win team but ok

BringJackBack

Sigh... I somewhat agree.

righteouscool
This trade is good for both teams. Harris, Lopez and Granger is a good enough core with all that cap space to compete and the Pacers get much younger and talented in areas of need.

CableKC
01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
As far as I am concerned.....if we trade Granger....then the starting price is Favors+1st ( whichever one is lower for the Nets )+Expiring and can go up from there. However, if Granger is on the block...then I'd prefer to see what other offers from other Teams that we can field.

However, before even realistically considering moving Granger....I'd prefer that we try to pursue Iggy to pair with Granger...or ( at the very least ) change the Coach to see if it makes a difference...I know...given our level of talent....it probably won't make much of a difference .....but at least there would be some glimmer of hope that there is some change.

As far as I am concerned.....trading Granger should be the last resort for the Pacers IF they want to shake things up.

Plan A - See if dangling Expiring+1st+PG for Iggy is realistic
Plan B - See if dangling Expiring+1st for Kevin Martin is realistic
Plan C - See if dangling Expiring+1st+PG for Kevin Martin + Scola is realistic
Plan D - Do nothing on the roster side and simply let JO'B go.
Plan E - Try Plan A1 to A3 while letting JO'B go.
Plan F - Do nothing and simply get the best offer that we can get for Granger+Posey ( and/or Inferno )

For me....I'd try to add more talent and/or let JO'B go before even considering moving the only real talent that the Team has.

judicata
01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
This trade is one hell of a gamble that George and Favors grow into great players. I'm still a little curious on why folks are so high on Favors. He is young and showing flashes, but there's plenty of that going around. I have not seen that much of him, so perhaps I'm not doing him justice.

Haywoode Workman
01-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I would do Granger for favors really. The first would just make it much sweeter. Maybe I've been playing too much 2k11.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
DISCLAIMER: I'm not endorsing this!!

If we traded Danny for Favors and Harris, would Harris play the two in an AI type role?? Or would we just immediately look to move him?

aaronb
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM

I suggested Granger+Collision for Harris+Favors+1st rounder yesterday.

Would also work with Granger+Hansboro for Harris+Favors+1st rounder.

Though option 2 leaves NJ without a PG.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I suggested Granger+Collision for Harris+Favors+1st rounder yesterday.

Would also work with Granger+Hansboro for Harris+Favors+1st rounder.

Though option 2 leaves NJ without a PG.

Jordan Farmer is a solid backup pg but no way NJ does a trade with that package thats a lot

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
If we're willing to give up Granger for Favors, then we should really be looking instead towards trading Granger to Sacramento for Cousins.

aaronb
01-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Jordan Farmer is a solid backup pg but no way NJ does a trade with that package thats a lot

They don't do Granger and Collision for Harris, Favors and a pick?

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
They don't do Granger and Collision for Harris, Favors and a pick?

they would do that but we wouldnt

favors+harris+1st for danny they dont do

graphic-er
01-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey everybody, were one trade away from being the Cleveland Cavaliers! If you trade Granger away, that's who we'll be for the next 3-4 years. Except we'll have a terrible coach. Because nobody is going to want to coach this this lot of players with out Granger, and no Free Agent is going to come where without Granger here as well.

aaronb
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey everybody, were one trade away from being the Cleveland Cavaliers! If you trade Granger away, that's who we'll be for the next 3-4 years. Except we'll have a terrible coach. Because nobody is going to want to coach this this lot of players with out Granger, and no Free Agent is going to come where without Granger here as well.

If you deal Granger, then you need to put everyone out there on the block IMHO.

The question then becomes if management is willing to rebuild?

Hicks
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I would only do Danny AND DC for Harris and Favors if they include those 3 1sts they have.

vnzla81
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM

What free agents? Earl Watson? Luther Head? Troy Murphy? .........

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
i would definitly do Harris+pick+favors
Then ship Harris out to scremento for their first overall pick.

We could get a potential #1 and #2 overall draft picks. while still having Favors and saving huge amounts of cap space. We would have like $40 mil! OMG i'm drooling....

Why doesnt bird just use the cap space on veteran role players and Danny trade for younger players and picks.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I would only do Danny AND DC for Harris and Favors if they include those 3 1sts they have.

I would only do it if they can guartee me we could get Kyrie
irving in the draft

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Not if we get the right deal. Harris +Pick+favors would be WAY more than what the cavs got for Lebron. even the nets #1 pick would be more than the cavs got.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I would only do it if they can guartee me we could get Kyrie
irving in the draft

Or Perry Jones. 6"11' SF with amazing athletic ability, yes.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Or Perry Jones. 6"11' SF with amazing athletic ability, yes.

if we trade DC we need Irving first and then worry about other postions later

pacergod2
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
What free agents? Earl Watson? Luther Head? Troy Murphy? .........

It's not about the free agents. It is about being able to make deals with teams looking to shed salary and absorbing immediate savings for other teams. The leverage from being under the cap provides so many more opportunities than just signing free agents.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM

I'd give them our next years first unprotected as well.

We could ship Harris off to the kings for their 1st overall pick and maye something else. Plus we would get worse this year and have 3 lottery picks, 2 of which could e top 3. This draft in the top 5 range is loaded with not only more potential but with players who could make an immediate impact.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
if we trade DC we need Irving first and then worry about other postions later

I'd go BPA which is probably Jones. Jones, Favors, Harris, Hibbert, and George is a hell of a core, and we could probably draft a point with next years pick.

pacer4ever
I'd give them our next years first unprotected as well.

We could ship Harris off to the kings for their 1st overall pick and maye something else. Plus we would get worse this year and have 3 lottery picks, 2 of which could e top 3. This draft in the top 5 range is loaded with not only more potential but with players who could make an immediate impact.

No way in hell Harris is worth a 1st overall pick

vnzla81
It's not about the free agents. It is about being able to make deals with teams looking to shed salary and absorbing immediate savings for other teams. The leverage from being under the cap provides so many more opportunities than just signing free agents.

Give me an example of teams that have done this successfully, OC Maybe? But they got Durant and Westbrook, Minny is been the one able to do this and still suck.

pacers74
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM

We are about to find out if this is true or not. If we make some good deals before the deadline, then having cap space will be good for us. But, if we don't make a trade and with the weak free agent class this summer, then having this much cap space is pretty much worthless.

Eleazar
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM

What Bird failed to say was that if the young player was better than what we have now they would do the trade.

LA_Confidential
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry, but Im highly against trading Danny to the Nets. I'd much rather try to bring in another All-Star Caliber player like Iggy to partner with Danny and go for a PF in the draft or FA.

I hoping to swing a deal for Iggy and Speights.

graphic-er
01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey maybe Dan Gilbert will buy the Pacers too and put Comic sans all over Conseco Fieldhouse. Cause thats what gonng happen if you trade Danny for Favors and Pick. It will be 500 miles of basketball purgatory in the midwest.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
How do you sell a rebuild to the fans? They aren't even showing up now, and you promised them this "three-year plan" which should be coming to its conclusion soon. How do you say, "Well, you've waited this long. Why not three more years?"

This trade would leave the Pacers with immense uncertainty.

Dr. Awesome
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey maybe Dan Gilbert will buy the Pacers too and put Comic sans all over Conseco Fieldhouse. Cause thats what gonng happen if you trade Danny for Favors and Pick. It will be 500 miles of basketball purgatory in the midwest.

Actually, it would be great for the Pacers.

If we were to put that team on the court together, we'd have a very bright future, but still be fairly bad now, bad enough to get top 5 picks that we need, instead of the 10-14 range we are used to.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
How do you sell a rebuild to the fans? They aren't even showing up now, and you promised them this "three-year plan" which should be coming to its conclusion soon. How do you say, "Well, you've waited this long. Why not three more years?"

This trade would leave the Pacers with immense uncertainty.

Collison, Favors, their first round pick, George, our first round pick, Hans, and Hibbert sounds a lot more enticing than Collison, Granger, Hibbert, Hans, our first, and George. The Pacers FO needs to try to sell the fact that George will be amazing in a couple of years too.

I think some are missing the point on Favors.. In all likelihood he'll be an Amare that is one of the best defensive players in the league.. Picture Dale Davis with outstanding offensive potential.

cdash
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Collison, Favors, their first round pick, George, our first round pick, Hans, and Hibbert sounds a lot more enticing than Collison, Granger, Hibbert, Hans, our first, and George. The Pacers FO needs to try to sell the fact that George will be amazing in a couple of years too.

I think some are missing the point on Favors.. In all likelihood he'll be an Amare that is one of the best defensive players in the league.. Picture Dale Davis with outstanding offensive potential.

No no, that would be putting wayyyy too much pressure on the kid. Be patient with him, we don't want to overwhelm him with expectations.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 03:11 PM
No no, that would be putting wayyyy too much pressure on the kid. Be patient with him, we don't want to overwhelm him with expectations.

Point taken. :p

dgranger17
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
I'll gladly pass on Iggy, unless Granger is involved. Philly wants to get rid of him for a reason. I'd rather see George and Granger or George and Iggy at the 2/3 than Granger and Iggy. Also, you guys must be out of your mind if you're willing to throw DC away for Harris. Unless, like Pacer4Ever said, we're guaranteed Kyrie Iriving but that's still a tough call. Collison has been playing great as of late and could be even better playing along side George and Favors for extended minutes

MyFavMartin
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
There's a lot of talk about SFs available right now: Iggy, Peja (about to be bought out by Raptors), Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Tayshaun Prince, Andrei Kirilenko...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/261771-nets-after-kirilenko-may-take-anthony-as-rental

Supply and demand... Not sure the Pacers would get what they want for Granger. Thus, I think DG stays in Indy.

cdash
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I'll gladly pass on Iggy, unless Granger is involved. Philly wants to get rid of him for a reason. I'd rather see George and Granger or George and Iggy at the 2/3 than Granger and Iggy. Also, you guys must be out of your mind if you're willing to throw DC away for Harris. Unless, like Pacer4Ever said, we're guaranteed Kyrie Iriving but that's still a tough call. Collison has been playing great as of late and could be even better playing along side George and Favors for extended minutes

Yeah, that reason is they just invested the #2 pick in the draft on someone who plays the same position.

Totally agree on the bolded statement too. I don't want to deal DC at all.

dgranger17
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
From espn.com Daily Dime

"Favors, the youngest player in the NBA, still has skyscraping upside and is playing surprisingly efficient basketball despite his inexperience and the swirling cloud of rumors. In just more than 18 minutes per game, he's shooting 55.1 percent from the field while grabbing almost 16 percent of available rebounds. There has never been a teenage rookie in the history of the NBA who played up to that level. The closest? Some guy named Dwight Howard. Favors may never have the game-changing impact that Howard has, but that's a pretty solid start to hang your hat on. I know the Nets are impressed."

I'm sold.

Collison, Rush, George, Favors, Hibbert, Price, Dunleavy, Posey, Hansbrough, Foster, Lance, Dahntay, Solo, and Ford (unless we can find a somebody to throw us a 3rd rounder for him) this year. Which, in my worthless opinion, if George plays 30+ minutes a game he could average a quadruple-double (points, rebounds, steals, blocks). That's good enough for at least 8th in the East.

Collison, Rush, George, Favors, Hibbert, Price, Posey, Hansbrough, Lance, Dahntay, our 1st rounder, the Nets 1st rounder, whatever 2nd rounder(s), and a new coach for sure next year. Throw in a FA or two and that's good enough for at least 6th in the East. I'll even take Foster and/or Dunleavy for cheap. We'll have plenty of money for the following FA class and run off back to back to back to back to back to back championships.

Conference Finals

cdash
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I have to say, even at the time it was mentioned during the draft, I would have been okay with dealing Granger for a package that centered around Derrick Favors. Unfortunately, I don't think Bird has the stones to deal Granger right now. That would delay the rebuild another year or two and I'm not sure he's willing to do that.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
There is no way I would do a Granger and collison for Harris-favors-pick we could find much better deals elsewhere. Collison is arguably our best player right now and probably will e for the future along with Roy and PG24. If the nets get a hold of collison and Granger. then that nets pick would probably be somewhere like 10-14 if not 15-17. Not smart.

Wes Matthews and Batum and portland first sounds way better than collison and granger for Harris favors and even if the nets include all of their 3 picks. This draft if really good in the top 5 but after that it drops off to a hit and miss if nothing.

01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
According to Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix, that former Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (and current Nets) star Derrick Favors is no longer on the table will "open up the bidding." Favors' role in the deal was too much for any other suitor to compete with. He's been a key part of trade rumors and talks since September, and his name has popped up in just about every Anthony trade angle.

Thus, the real loser in all this: Favors, who's stuck in New Jersey.

SOURCE: http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-hawks/2011/1/19/1945329/carmelo-anthony-trade-nets-derrick-favors

pacers74
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
From espn.com Daily Dime

"Favors, the youngest player in the NBA, still has skyscraping upside and is playing surprisingly efficient basketball despite his inexperience and the swirling cloud of rumors. In just more than 18 minutes per game, he's shooting 55.1 percent from the field while grabbing almost 16 percent of available rebounds. There has never been a teenage rookie in the history of the NBA who played up to that level. The closest? Some guy named Dwight Howard. Favors may never have the game-changing impact that Howard has, but that's a pretty solid start to hang your hat on. I know the Nets are impressed."

I'm sold.

Collison, Rush, George, Favors, Hibbert, Price, Dunleavy, Posey, Hansbrough, Foster, Lance, Dahntay, Solo, and Ford (unless we can find a somebody to throw us a 3rd rounder for him) this year. Which, in my worthless opinion, if George plays 30+ minutes a game he could average a quadruple-double (points, rebounds, steals, blocks). That's good enough for at least 8th in the East.

Collison, Rush, George, Favors, Hibbert, Price, Posey, Hansbrough, Lance, Dahntay, our 1st rounder, the Nets 1st rounder, whatever 2nd rounder(s), and a new coach for sure next year. Throw in a FA or two and that's good enough for at least 6th in the East. I'll even take Foster and/or Dunleavy for cheap. We'll have plenty of money for the following FA class and run off back to back to back to back to back to back championships.

Conference Finals

I'm not sure we would make the playoffs this year. Although we only have to compete with the Bobcats, the Bucks, the 76er's, and the Pistons for the last 2 spots as of right now.

I would be willing to give up the playoffs this year if it meant we were going to be immensly better next year and there on. But, I am not sure what the casual fan would think of that.

01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
P.S., Favors averages 6.6 points and 5 rebounds per game - ON THE NETS!

BringJackBack
I'm not sure we would make the playoffs this year. Although we only have to compete with the Bobcats, the Bucks, and the Pistons for the last 2 spots as of right now.

I would be willing to give up the playoffs this year if it meant we were going to be immensly better next year and there on. But, I am not sure what the casual fan would think of that.

I Love P
I would not trade Collison. Dude is only in his second season and playing like he's in his 6th. Plus I just got his jersey.

CableKC
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't get it...you're willing to take on Iggy....but not at the cost of PG?

EVERYONE is untouchable on the roster now....I understand that PG could have a solid future...but right now....if we make a move for Iggy...it would be a "win NOW" move...not a "win whenever PG is ready to contribute on the same level as Granger" move. I know that there is a fascination with PG that he could be the next big thing....but I really think that the FO is all about winning now....not winning later. If getting a player like Iggy requires us to give up PG and a 1st...then I'm okay with that cuz that is the going rate for a Player like Iggy ( who is comprable to Granger ).

IMHO...the reason to acquire Iggy is to pair him up with Granger. Doing so without keeping Granger is a lateral move at best.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
they would do that but we wouldnt

favors+harris+1st for danny they dont do

Favors+harris+1st for Danny+2012 first+ AJ Price would might maybe

then we could trade harris to Sacremento for Beno Udrich( 2 years left) OR Garcia (3 years left) and their 1st.

Harris is averaging 17 and 8. that is worth a first rounder no matter what position if you want to improve now and need a starting pg. and the kings want to shed salary. The kings dont have a good pg. Tyreke Eavens is a SG and that it what he is playing right now.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
P.S., Favors averages 6.6 points and 5 rebounds per game - ON THE NETS!

In only 19 minutes game . Put him at 35 minutes and that equals like 12 points and 10 rebrounds. He can contribute . fast. in the amount of time he's in there.

LA_Confidential
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry, but I am totally against trading DC unless we get back Rose, Williams, Paul, Westbrook, John Wall or Tyreke Evans. In that Order.

BoomBaby31
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry, but Im highly against trading Danny to the Nets. I'd much rather try to bring in another All-Star Caliber player like Iggy to partner with Danny and go for a PF in the draft or FA.

I hoping to swing a deal for Iggy and Speights.

I say we take the "Celtics route" and not the "rebuilding route." Go after Iggy like you said and pick up a PF in the draft. I see no reason to trade DG and get even younger and start the rebuilding all over. We have been rebuilding for 5 years.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure we would make the playoffs this year. Although we only have to compete with the Bobcats, the Bucks, the 76er's, and the Pistons for the last 2 spots as of right now.

They wouldn't think nothing of an 8th seed and getting blasted in the playoffs by Celtics ( miami doesnt look like they will get the top seed).

I think they would much rather be happier with a couple of top picks in the draft.

spazzxb
01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
We are about to find out if this is true or not. If we make some good deals before the deadline, then having cap space will be good for us. But, if we don't make a trade and with the weak free agent class this summer, then having this much cap space is pretty much worthless.

we have expiring contracts, however we don't have any cap space right at this moment.

graphic-er
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
LOL how about we wait until the Pacers actually play the Nets, and then we can see just how awesome Favors is.

pacers74
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
LOL how about we wait until the Pacers actually play the Nets, and then we can see just how awesome Favors is.

Jan 28th.

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I say we take the "Celtics route" and not the "rebuilding route." Go after Iggy like you said and pick up a PF in the draft. I see no reason to trade DG and get even younger and start the rebuilding all over. We have been rebuilding for 5 years.

We are not going to give up 3/4 of our team for 2 veterans like the celtics did. The celtics got plain lucky they got rondo in the draft. We wouldnt be rebuilding if we got Harris+Favors+1st for Granger. How would you consider that rebuilding we would be rebuilding if we gave up half of our roster for 2 players like the celtics did.

graphic-er
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Jan 28th.

SO there is it, who gets the better of the match up, Favors Or Hansbrough?

I am going to laugh my proverbial *** off if Hansbrough completely out muscles Favors in this game.

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Thank the heavens some of you aren't the GM of the Pacers.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM

or u can buy LP and watch him now. U can't learn much from watching one matchup

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
There's a lot of talk about SFs available right now: Iggy, Peja (about to be bought out by Raptors), Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Tayshaun Prince, Andrei Kirilenko...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/261771-nets-after-kirilenko-may-take-anthony-as-rental

Supply and demand... Not sure the Pacers would get what they want for Granger. Thus, I think DG stays in Indy.

none of those guys are better than danny except for Iggy maybe. i'm sure the nets would much rather spend favors and a 1st for Granger.

graphic-er
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
or u can buy LP and watch him now. U can't learn much from watching one matchup

Why would I pay for that when I can watch any NBA game online for free.

Dr. Awesome
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Sorry, but I am totally against trading DC unless we get back Rose, Williams, Paul, Westbrook, John Wall or Tyreke Evans. In that Order.

I'd trade him for Raymond Felton right now and never look back...probably Jrue Holiday too.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Thank the heavens some of you aren't the GM of the Pacers.

I'm indifferent any way, but what would you do if you were Larry?

LA_Confidential
01-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd trade him for Raymond Felton right now and never look back...probably Jrue Holiday too.

fixed. :laugh:

Sparhawk
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Favors, Favors, Favors!!
:dance:

C'mon, Larry, you can do it! Secure our future.

LA_Confidential
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Favors, Favors, Favors!!
:dance:

C'mon, Larry, you can do it! Secure our future.

How does Favors secure our future when he doesn't do the same for the Nets?

I Love P
01-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Larry, do us all favors.

Sparhawk
01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
How does Favors secure our future when he doesn't do the same for the Nets?

You do realize he's just 20 right? He's going to get better just like PG. He should provide much better help for Hibbert. That would make for a great young core along with DC.

King Phoenix
01-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Down with either one. Iggy or favors is cool with me. Leaning towards iggy though. But wutever u do don't trade dc! And I would hate to see pg go...dudes a beast!

Heisenberg
01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Danny for Favors + Vujajic + 1st

or

Dun + PG for Iggy

I'd be ok with either one, though I'd really, really hate to move George. Obviously both take the team in very different directions, and I'm not quite sure which I'd prefer. Also not really sure Danny has that kinda value right now.

Dr. Awesome
01-20-2011, 05:20 PM
fixed. :laugh:

Not even remotely close.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Danny for Favors + Vujajic + 1st

or

Dun + PG for Iggy

I'd be ok with either one, though I'd really, really hate to move George. Obviously both take the team in very different directions, and I'm not quite sure which I'd prefer. Also not really sure Danny has that kinda value right now.

No...why would you trade PG? How about Dunleavy + Solo for Iggy? That works...trading Paul George is ridiculous especially only getting back Igoudala. 14 ppg.

croz24
01-20-2011, 05:26 PM
No...why would you trade PG? How about Dunleavy + Solo for Iggy? That works...trading Paul George is ridiculous especially only getting back Igoudala. 14 ppg.

because you have to be realistic. george is the type of piece that would have to be added on to obtain iggy. solo? not so much...

Dr. Awesome
01-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Everyone who has read this thread is now dumber because of some of these trade proposals.

Trophy
01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I can't believe some people would want to give up DC.

I don't even think we're going to make a trade with the Nets.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
because you have to be realistic. george is the type of piece that would have to be added on to obtain iggy. solo? not so much...

I don't want Iggy enough to give away a future all star in George...Solo and Dunleavy are just expiring contracts.

Justin Tyme
01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Where do they even get their facts from?

It's just a load of :bs:

Are you saying the Nets didn't pursuit Granger at draft time?

That they aren't going to now after passing on Melo?

I have to believe there are teams very interested in Granger, and Bird fields calls constantly about Granger's availability. Or don't you think so?

Trophy
01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Are you saying the Nets didn't pursuit Granger at draft time?

That they aren't going to now after passing on Melo?

I have to believe there are teams very interested in Granger, and Bird fields calls constantly about Granger's availability. Or don't you think so?

I knew the Nets had interest in Danny and I'm sure Bird listened to the offer and I'm sure he listens to any offer.

It's worth a shot for the Nets to call Bird again, but I'm not counting on Bird accepting a deal.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Everyone who has read this thread is now dumber because of some of these trade proposals.

The main board has become the new trade proposals board.

90'sNBARocked
If we trade Granger for a young player like Favors. Im done

No more "projects"

I dont have enough patience left in my body to endure another 3-4 years as bottom feeder

If Pacers trade Granger for a younger player than I can only assume its for the money. They have said repeatedly how bad they want to make the playoffs

CableKC
I don't want Iggy enough to give away a future all star in George...Solo and Dunleavy are just expiring contracts.
NO ONE is untouchable on this roster. PG has done nothing so far that has convinced me that he is worth keeping if he is the price to acquire a Player like IGGY that would help us now.

The reality is that the starting price for a Player like Iggy ( who is on the same level as Granger ) is a 1st rounder + Prospect + Expiring. Would you consider anything less for Granger?

With the Capspace left that we have in 2011-2012...I'd say that a lineup of DC/Iggy/Granger/Hibbert/Hansbrough/BRush is a very solid foundation to build upon.

xIndyFan
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Jan 28th.

yeah, and it's danny granger bobblehead night. :laugh:

Justin Tyme
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd love to do this. Unforunately, I'm not sure if NJ would think Danny is worth Favors and a 1st.

Then they don't want him very badly!

Sorry, but I don't think Favors and a 1st pick is enough. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. In this case, more than 2. I'm not being a homer, no one can guarantee Favors will ever be better than Granger, and who knows what would be available with the 1st. Just what pick in the 1st would this pick be? In which draft would the pick be? Who is the Net player that has to match Grangers salary? What kind of a player is that player and what kind of a contract does he have? l

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Then they don't want him very badly!

Sorry, but I don't think Favors and a 1st pick is enough. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. In this case, more than 2. I'm not being a homer, no one can guarantee Favors will ever be better than Granger, and who knows what would be available with the 1st. Just what pick in the 1st would this pick be? In which draft would the pick be? Who is the Net player that has to match Grangers salary? What kind of a player is that player and what kind of a contract does he have? l

they are something like 11-29 so the pick would be top 10 at the worst

90'sNBARocked
01-20-2011, 06:01 PM
As much as we can be homers I think some people are actually undervaluing Granger.

I think Granger is great at what he does . Score.

Iggy is a good defender but I see him more of a jack of all trades, master of none

Danny masters scoring the ball

For Iggy I would do Rush/Exp/1st

Thats it and even then I would have to think long and hard about the financial implications

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
As much as we can be homers I think some people are actually undervaluing Granger.

Iggy is a good defender but I see him more of a jack of all trades, master of none

Thats it and even then I would have to think long and hard about the financial implications

Yeah personally I think that Igoudala is overrated around here when it comes to trade value (he's not overrated over productivity though, he's a very good player). He's got a huge contract, and Philly really wants to move him.. I think that if we give them an expiring, a first, and Rush or Josh to get him.

No one has offered anything for him, I don't think anyone wants him too much.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM

Danny is not a scorer he is a shooter that is the problem. The coach thinks he is a scorer like melo or Durant or Monta but Danny isnt we badly mis use him. He needs to run off picks non stop he shouldnt have to dribble as much as we make him thats when he turns the ball over. He is more of a Rip Hamiltion we just dont use him that way.

90'sNBARocked
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Danny is not a scorer he is a shooter that is the problem. The coach thinks he is a scorer like melo or Durant or Monta but Danny isnt we badly mis use him. He needs to run off picks non stop he shouldnt have to dribble as much as we make him thats when he turns the ball over. He is more of a Rip Hamiltion we just dont use him that way.

While I agree that he gets a lot of points off his jump shot, he still can drive and either dish, or take it to the rack efficiently.

I think also Granger is a better scorer than Iggy is a defender

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
If we trade Granger for a young player like Favors. Im done

No more "projects"

I dont have enough patience left in my body to endure another 3-4 years as bottom feeder

If Pacers trade Granger for a younger player than I can only assume its for the money. They have said repeatedly how bad they want to make the playoffs

I would much rather trade danny for a good young player and a top draft pick where we have the chance to get a real franchise player like Durant and OKC. than watch us give up our assets for a washed up or nearly washed (because that is all we can get) veteran that will do us more harm than good.

90'sNBARocked
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah personally I think that Igoudala is overrated around here when it comes to trade value (he's not overrated over productivity though, he's a very good player). He's got a huge contract, and Philly really wants to move him.. I think that if we give them an expiring, a first, and Rush or Josh to get him.

No one has offered anything for him, I don't think anyone wants him too much.

Yaeh, I think Philly realizes that Iggy cant be the number one option and that their team is mostly young. It makes sense for Philly to trade Iggy and get younger. His contract and weak production this year makes me think they will only get 50 cents on the dollar.

90'sNBARocked
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I would much rather trade danny for a good young player and a top draft pick where we have the chance to get a real franchise player like Durant and OKC. than watch us give up our assets for a washed up or nearly washed (because that is all we can get) veteran that will do us more harm than good.

I feel ya ,

But me personally, Granger we KNOW is good, really good. Maybe not a perennial all star but a very good player none the less.

I dont want another young player that we have to HOPE to be as good as Granger is NOW.

No one knows what Favors will turn out like, even if people think he is cant miss. Look at Blakes first few games and compare to Favors. Blake is a cant miss, Favors is not

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Iggy is averaging 13.9 points per game this year. Regressing alert.

owl
Danny for Favors, best 1st of Nets, and Troy Murphy. That leaves the Pacers with massive
cap space. Even more than they have now or will have with Danny on the team.
That makes Indiana a player in the free agent market next year or the year after.
Nets sign Z Randolph.

pacer4ever
While I agree that he gets a lot of points off his jump shot, he still can drive and either dish, or take it to the rack efficiently.

I think also Granger is a better scorer than Iggy is a defender

Look up scorer Melo is a scorer DG is just an elite shooter. if he could dribble it would be different. Like I said JOB really mis uses the guy. A scorer to me is a guy who can get his shot whenever he wants Eric Gordon,Monta,Lebron Kobe KD35, that what seprates Danny from being a scorer and being a first option on a contending team.

Trophy
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Look up scorer Melo is a scorer DG is just an elite shooter. if he could dribble it would be different. Like I said JOB really mis uses the guy.

Exactly why we should not think about trading any of our core guys before we bring in a new coach.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Exactly why we should not think about trading any of our core guys before we bring in a new coach.

Like Dan Dachiak and Mike Wells said to day we lack a number one player who can create his own shot and be a finisher for this team and be an elite scorer. We need a Eric Gordon type player a guy who can handle the basketball and score the basketball. Dan said in 2 yrs we should target EJ when he will be a RFA i agree but i see the clipps keeping him. But I agree with that take we dont have a closer we have an elite shooter in Danny but we dont have a true number 1. I hope Paul devlopes fast enoght to be that while Danny is still in his prime.

ilive4sports
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Like Dan Dachiak and Mike Wells said to day we lack a number one player who can create his own shot and be a finisher for this team and be an elite scorer. We need a Eric Gordon type player a guy who can handle the basketball and score the basketball. Dan said in 2 yrs we should target EJ when he will be a RFA i agree but i see the clipps keeping him. But I agree with that take we dont have a closer we have an elite shooter in Danny but we dont have a true number 1. I hope Paul devlopes fast enoght to be that while Danny is still in his prime.

I think PG can develop that fast. He's half a season into his rookie year and he is already miles ahead of where he was in summer league. I am very impressed with the kid and he can play SG, not a doubt in my mind about that. I don't think we will need to target Eric Gordon because of George.

And I think Danny can create his own shot. I see him drive into the lane at will when he wants to. The problem is that often teams collapse on Danny and he isn't getting bailed out when that happens. If we have more offensive threats around him, teams won't collapse so hard on him.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 06:37 PM
I think PG can develop that fast. He's half a season into his rookie year and he is already miles ahead of where he was in summer league. I am very impressed with the kid and he can play SG, not a doubt in my mind about that. I don't think we will need to target Eric Gordon because of George. And I think Danny can create his own shot. I see him drive into the lane at will when he wants to. The problem is that often teams collapse on Danny and he isn't getting bailed out when that happens. If we have more offensive threats around him, teams won't collapse so hard on him.

i agree but i think if he is gonna devlope that fast he needs to be logging 25+ mins per game the rest of the season he needs to keep learning the nba game. The only way is getting more PT. That means Dunleavy's mins are cut a lot which wont happen. That might set him back in his devlopement but i firmly belive he has his heart on being an elite player so he will be hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hoop
01-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I want to see Danny play for another coach, in a Pacer uniform, same with our other players. I don't think we can fully judge our talent level til another man is in charge.

I understand the whole coach thing is a broken record, but honestly, how can we move forward without a new one.

BornReady#6
01-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Thats what they started saying about Hedo too, but then he gets in the right enviroment, and presto.

90'sNBARocked
Look up scorer Melo is a scorer DG is just an elite shooter. if he could dribble it would be different. Like I said JOB really mis uses the guy. A scorer to me is a guy who can get his shot whenever he wants Eric Gordon,Monta,Lebron Kobe KD35, that what seprates Danny from being a scorer and being a first option on a contending team.

Danny is too a scorer, and looking up in the dictionary is comical, because its an opinion either way, not a fact

Have you not seen Danny take a player off the dribble?

I sure have

Sookie
I don't know if that's true. (Needing a player to go one on one at the end of the game) It's a nice thing to have..but often times it's much better to have a well run play..

I mean, DC can create his own shot and score, but I'd rather Granger take the last shot, for now at least.
Boston, for example, also has players that can create their own shot..but more often then not, they run a play for Ray Allen..to get him open..for a shot..
The Pacers used to do this with a guy named Reggie..

Why can't we run a play for our best player to get him an open shot. Why can't we recognize that his strength is not to go one on one, but rather he is primarily a spot up shooter, despite his size. And we need to be trying to get him a shot, rather than giving him the ball and asking him to create.

This isn't brain surgery. Danny Granger is our best player. Our best player isn't good at one on one and needs to get good shots to knock them down. So figure out a way to get him good shots. (Or use him as a decoy and set up someone else..)

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't know if that's true.

I mean, DC can create his own shot and score, but I'd rather Granger take the last shot, for now at least.
Boston, for example, also has players that can create their own shot..but more often then not, they run a play for Ray Allen..to get him open..for a shot..
The Pacers used to do this with a guy named Reggie..

Why can't we run a play for our best player to get him an open shot. Why can't we recognize that his strength is not to go one on one, but rather he is primarily a spot up shooter, despite his size. And we need to be trying to get him a shot, rather than giving him the ball and asking him to create.

This isn't brain surgery. Danny Granger is our best player. Our best player isn't good at one on one and needs to get good shots to knock them down. So figure out a way to get him good shots. (Or use him as a decoy and set up someone else..)

Instead of using him like Reggie in winning time we use him like LeBron what a bad coaching job by JOB. I would think a retarted person would be able to tell DG isnt an iso player.

The Jackson shimmy
01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Jim R. hit the nail directly on the head a few months ago in a
post when he labeled Granger a 'volume chucker'.

CableKC
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
He's also been injured for part of this season and is playing under Doug Collins....specifically a new Coach that may ( or may not ) be using him the right way.

I wouldn't take his performance this season as an indication of whether he is regressing or not. Compared to previous years and his level of improvement.....given his less then stellar performance so far this season...you can arguably say that Granger has regressed a little as well.

CableKC
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Minus the ELITE SCORER tagline....Iggy is able to create for himself and others, is able to attack the basket and is a very solid defender.

I know that many of you disagree....but PG is not untouchable. IMHO...if the FO can get a Player that they think will impact this Team with an infusion of PROVEN talent....PG would be sent packing.

Wylder1324
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
We def need to do something other than stand pat and let our guys expire and expect to make a splash in the FA market......simply put, there is not "Splash" to be made in F Agency.....A - There are few, if any FAs that are good enough to turn this team around and B - Its VERY unlikely they come here anyway.

Plan A - Bring in Iggy & Brand

Indiana Gets - Iggy, Brand, Brackins, Mahinmi
Phili Gets - Butler, Ajinca, Dominique Jones, Posey, Ford, Indy 1st 2011
Dallas Gets - Dunleavy, Solomon Jones, Nocioni, Battie

We are IMO contenders in the East with this lineup with or without JOB
Phili moves all crippling contracts gets young prospects in Ajinca & Jones with a 1st
Dallas fills Butlers void with Dunleavy & Nocioni without giving up much of anything

Win for all involved

Plan B - Go get Favors

Indiana - Favors, Udrih, NJ 1st, Sac 1st
New Jersey - Granger, Kirilenko, Thompson, Watson
Utah - Murphy, Vujacic, Garcia, NJ 1st
Sac - Harris, Damion James, Solo, Elson

We get Favors along with 2 1st rounders to go with out own....likely 3 lotto picks
NJ gets Thompson, Granger and Kirilenko to put with Lopez
Utah is prob least likely to play along but Andrei is prob gone after ssn anyway
Sac gets Harris the a PG they covet as well as James a talented SF prospect while also moving the 2 conrtacts they wanted to move.

Maybe should go in trades section but I think these are 2 trade possibilities that could very well happen based on rumors....well maybe the Phili hasn't been rumored....but it makes a ton of sense, and is the one I would prefer.

Young
01-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Granger is a good player. A franchise level player? No but he is still really good.

I am not going to lie...i'd probably be in favor of a deal of Granger for Favors.

I don't know enough about Favors for sure but from what I do know I do like him.

I know it wouldn't make this team better in the short term but I really don't think it would set the Pacers back very far. I think that George and Favors will develop quicker than other young players.

You want to be playing basketball in June then you will need some good big men. Right now is probably the best time to trade Danny (depending on how you feel about PG you might want to consider it) and Derrick Favors is as good as a big man prospect as you will get for Danny.

Who can tell me that they don't like a team with:

PG: Collison/Price
SG: Rush
SF: George
PF: Favors/Hands
C: Hibbert

Add another top draft pick (getting rid of Danny probably means no playoffs this year but they don't seem likely with him at this point.) I think this lineup is better than a lineup of:

PG: Collison/Price
SG: Rush
SF: Granger/George
PF: ?/Hands
C: Hibbert

I know that some people are down on Roy, not as high on George, and not in favor of trading Danny. However just think about what I said above about needing some quality big men to be playing basketball in June. As more and more players are becoming face up players it makes guys like Favors and Hibbert that much more important.

It would be a risk to trade Danny for Derrick Favors but that's a risk i'd be willing to take.

IndyHoya
01-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I dunno much about Favors either. I did read this though:

"When the first rumors came out about the New Jersey Nets acquiring Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets, the foundational piece of the trade was rookie power forward Derrick Favors. Many believed he would be an All-Star one day, perhaps the next Amar'e Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer. The Nuggets knew they needed a new franchise player if they were doing to deal Anthony, and it seemed a strong possibility that Favors might be just the right player to put next to Ty Lawson as the next one-two punch for Denver.

Now, nearly half way through Favors' rookie season, that possibility looks like more of a long shot. He's had his moments, like when he scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds against the Nuggets in mid-November, but overall it's been a fairly non-descript year for Favors thus far. He's averaging 6.6 points and 4.9 rebounds, and while he's shooting 55% from the field, he's under 60% from the line. The Nets have been showcasing him of late, letting him start six of seven games in January, but his numbers have not been much better in that role. His scoring is up slightly, at 7.3 points per game, but his rebounding has dipped to 3.6 boards per contest...

Will Derrick Favors be a force in the NBA when all is said and done? Perhaps. But his rookie season to date leaves a lot to be desired."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18495

Shade
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't trade Danny for any less than Favors and their 2011 #1, and even then I'd be hesitant. I'm not completely sold on Favors, and this would put us back in rebuild mode.

Wylder1324
01-20-2011, 07:40 PM
The more I think about the Iggy idea the more I like it....people say that Iggy is overrated, and that may be so, and that he is more of a jack of all trades player....which is also probably true.....but the guy just flat out fits in perfectly with our team. I dont even think we have to give up anything of real value to get him if we are willing to take on Brand's contract.....I posted a 3 way deal with Dallas a few posts back but I honestly think just a straight up Indy/Phili swap of Dunleavy,Ford, Posey, Solo/Iggy,Brand,Brackins gets it done. I would even throw in our 2011 1st rounder because with this lineup there is no way we are in the lotto which means unlikely that we get a quality guy anyway. Brand's deal isn't THAT bad to take on and he is just the kind of guy who could effectively run the PnR with Collison while giving Tyler quality backup mins......this trade would really make us a force in the East IMO......prob not a better 4 wing rotation in the league than what Iggy, Granger, Rush, George would form defensively or offensively.......even after this deal we still have enough $ to go sign a good backup C for Roy with Foster and Tinsley's $ coming off the books.

hoops_guy
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I dunno much about Favors either. I did read this though:

"When the first rumors came out about the New Jersey Nets acquiring Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets, the foundational piece of the trade was rookie power forward Derrick Favors. Many believed he would be an All-Star one day, perhaps the next Amar'e Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer. The Nuggets knew they needed a new franchise player if they were doing to deal Anthony, and it seemed a strong possibility that Favors might be just the right player to put next to Ty Lawson as the next one-two punch for Denver.

Now, nearly half way through Favors' rookie season, that possibility looks like more of a long shot. He's had his moments, like when he scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds against the Nuggets in mid-November, but overall it's been a fairly non-descript year for Favors thus far. He's averaging 6.6 points and 4.9 rebounds, and while he's shooting 55% from the field, he's under 60% from the line. The Nets have been showcasing him of late, letting him start six of seven games in January, but his numbers have not been much better in that role. His scoring is up slightly, at 7.3 points per game, but his rebounding has dipped to 3.6 boards per contest...

Will Derrick Favors be a force in the NBA when all is said and done? Perhaps. But his rookie season to date leaves a lot to be desired."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18495

Favors, much like George, is a guy that is figuring it all out. He's 20 and he's already producing at a decent rate (6.6 points with .550 shooting). Had he stayed in college for another three years, like a Carlos Boozer, he would be putting up monster numbers while playing stifling defense.

Once again, he's figuring things out. In 19 minutes a game he's putting up decent numbers, and next year and years ahead he will begin to blossom.. Think of a Dale Davis with much, much better offensive potential.

Add a first round pick which could potentially land Kyrie Irving, Terrence Jones, or Perry Jones and that is a rebuild. George, Lance (even though I can't stand him), Favors, top pick, and our pick in two years is an absolute homerun.

vnzla81
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't trade Danny for any less than Favors and their 2011 #1, and even then I'd be hesitant. I'm not completely sold on Favors, and this would put us back in rebuild mode.

That was the reason why I posted that the only way I trade Danny is for Harris+Favors+pick, there is no way to do it for less, if Favors doesn't work at least we have Harris and the pick to make something happen.

ksuttonjr76
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
This entire thread is a JOKE! Some of you want to trade our best player for potential, but still KEEP the coach who's misusing the ENTIRE team. If I was Larry Bird, I wouldn't be entertaining any trade offers unless it was for a Elite player.

This team can make the playoffs. Granger is ONLY 27 years old.

Sandman21
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
ksutton is on to something there. Let's keep the players and trade the COACH! First team to offer a box of donuts gets JOB!

Danny for Favors, best 1st of Nets, and Troy Murphy.
Do that deal, I don't care how good Favors turns out to be, the Pacers WILL be playing in Vegas or Seattle!

I don't want that lockerroom cancer (look at how he has acted in NJ and tell me he isn't!) on our roster EVER again.

owl
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
ksutton is on to something there. Let's keep the players and trade the COACH! First team to offer a box of donuts gets JOB!

Do that deal, I don't care how good Favors turns out to be, the Pacers WILL be playing in Vegas or Seattle!

I don't want that lockerroom cancer (look at how he has acted in NJ and tell me he isn't!) on our roster EVER again.

He is cut before he ever leaves Jersey.

Gamble1
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Looking at this draft I wouldn't trade Danny if you gave me the top 5 picks.

This draft class is shaping up to be worse than last years lottery class and even worse on the back end. I am sure some team will find a gem in there some where but I highly doubt it will be us.

Sandman21
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
He is cut before he ever leaves Jersey.

Okay, even if Murphy gets cut loose before he ever leaves Jersey, I still have my reservations. We're talking about trading an established player still in his prime for a lottery pick rookie two months into his career. If I'm a GM, one side of me is seeing potential, the other is seeing red flags. Why would a team be willing to move a top lottery pick just two months into his career?

That worries me.

ksuttonjr76
01-20-2011, 09:18 PM

Man, I can't do it anymore. I can't entertain these silly trade threads as long as JOB is the coach of this team. We could trade for GOD, and JOB would find a way to make him seem mortal. What has this fool done ssssssssssooooooooooo good to deserve the privilege of coaching this team?

Justin Tyme
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Brand's deal isn't THAT bad to take on and he is just the kind of guy who could effectively run the PnR with Collison while giving Tyler quality backup mins.......

16 mil, 17 mil, 18 mil isn't that bad of a contract? You cann't even be close to realistic about paying this type money to back up Tyler! Tyler IS the b/u PF to anyone you pay this type money too. Why would the Pacers want to get saddled with this type of contract after waiting for 4 years for contracts to expire? This doesn't make any sense at all. NONE!

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
16 mil, 17 mil, 18 mil isn't that bad of a contract? You cann't even be close to realistic about paying this type money to back up Tyler! Tyler IS the b/u PF to anyone you pay this type money too. Why would the Pacers want to get saddled with this type of contract after waiting for 4 years for contracts to expire? This doesn't make any sense at all. NONE!

16 and 8 brand is finnaly healthy

Justin Tyme
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Even I don't believe Bird wouldn't bring Brand and his contract to the Pacers!!
Espcially to b/u Tyler as the poster stated.

hoops_guy
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM

Yeah I would die a little inside if Brand was brought here. I would be livid.

Igoudala and Brand are almost or over $30 million in salary together annually over the next three years. Welcome back to cap hell everyone.

01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
In only 19 minutes game . Put him at 35 minutes and that equals like 12 points and 10 rebrounds. He can contribute . fast. in the amount of time he's in there.

On the Nets!

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 10:18 PM

he would start but i dont want him.

Foul on Smits
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM

This is just insane tbh. Collison is going to be outstanding in 1-2 years. I'm talking about All star. You can just see it when he plays. He's only in his 2nd season. People need to realize that DC is out PG of the future and the future is very bright. Devin Harris has peaked already. He's about as good as he's going to be right now. He's a good PG, but he's 6 years in and Collison's upside is a lot bigger.

Also, if Bird can pull off a Granger for Favors and a 1st round pick, that would be one of the biggest fleecing's the nba has ever seen. I think Favors could be outstanding. He has Dwight Howard potential, but with a mean streak in him.

One problem though. What good is Favors going to be if we're just gunna make him shoot 3 pointers. Offensive strats must change. You dont make this trade unless you plan on using Favors the right way.

Favors next to Hibbert could make Hibberts game flourish. It would certainly take pressure off Roy.

CableKC
01-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Brand's contract would severely impact the Pacers ability to re-sign Hibbert and BRush in the 2012-2013 season. Although both are RFA....we will clearly be over the likely LT threshold.

My hope is that we simply make a play for Iggy with 1st+PG+Expiring....if they insist on Brand....then I'd only trade Expiring Contracts+Posey+Inferno+(1st OR PG ).

About Favors....I thought that one of the Posts in this thread indicated that Favors was off the Table.

owl
01-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Okay, even if Murphy gets cut loose before he ever leaves Jersey, I still have my reservations. We're talking about trading an established player still in his prime for a lottery pick rookie two months into his career. If I'm a GM, one side of me is seeing potential, the other is seeing red flags. Why would a team be willing to move a top lottery pick just two months into his career?

That worries me.

This is a trade they need to look at if it was available.

The positives are massive amounts of money available for free agents, more than they will have after this year, in the next year or two and a promising PF which currently the Pacers do not have and a high first.
The thing that is always hardest to evaluate is a players head. I know nothing about
Favors and his desire and probably no one else here does either.

With Danny the Pacers are looking like a non playoff team. What is the difference I am beginning to wonder. Danny is at the peak of his value and it is very good to high currently.
I am not saying this is a must trade I am just discussing it.

NapTonius Monk
01-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Yep. Grab Favors, start George, and look to the future!

NapTonius Monk
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
One problem though. What good is Favors going to be if we're just gunna make him shoot 3 pointers. Offensive strats must change. You dont make this trade unless you plan on using Favors the right way.I'm not by any means a JOB apologist, but come on now. Make Favors shoot 3's? Murphy was a 3 shooter. Posey is a 3 shooter. McBob can also shoot (at least I remember him being more of a shooter when he went to Duke). But to suggest that everyone that comes here will be expected to shoot threes is a little unfair to JOB. He likes players that can do that, but that doesn't mean they are looking to turn Favors into Fatoinne Walker.

NapTonius Monk
01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
The Nets aren't going to give the same package for Danny that they were putting together for Carmelo. Even they admitted it was getting too expensive. And as much as I love Danny, his value probably isn't Favors, Harris, and 3 1st round picks.

owl
01-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Favors, High 1st , and an expiring is reasonable. Whether the Pacers should do it is for
people with more inside info to make.

Gamble1
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Favors, High 1st , and an expiring is reasonable. Whether the Pacers should do it is for
people with more inside info to make.
This reminds me of the Pau Gasol trade and I think the outcome would be the same. Pau was had for a good potential player in Marc Gasol, 2 later first round picks and expirings/role players, Kwame, Crittenton.

There is just no reason to trade Danny at this point if that is the asking price for him.

PacerGuy
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
This reminds me of the Pau Gasol trade and I think the outcome would be the same. Pau was had for a good potential player in Marc Gasol, 2 later first round picks and expirings/role players, Kwame, Crittenton.

There is just no reason to trade Danny at this point if that is the asking price for him.

A few points:
-No one in the Gasol trade has the potential/ upside that Favors has. Favors could be Great. IMO Danny will only ever be Very Good, never Great.

-Pau is better then Danny, but Danny will likely bring more. The state of the franchises, ownership, & "want" vs. "need" are reasons we don't have to move Danny. At the time, MEM Had to move Pau, we most definately do not Have to move Danny. We only make a deal if it's a good deal for us.

-M.Gasol is a heck of a piece for them. While there are other very nice pieces there, IMO M.Gasol is the key to their good, consistent play.

-MEM made a bold move & thaded away "the face" of the franchise, but are better now then they were then (though the did have 1 very good year w/ Pau). They are better then we are, in a smaller market, in a tougher conference, & they have young talent & will have some cap space. Not that bad for a franchise we ourselves mocked even just a few years ago.

Justin Tyme
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
This is just insane tbh. Collison is going to be outstanding in 1-2 years. I'm talking about All star. You can just see it when he plays. He's only in his 2nd season. People need to realize that DC is out PG of the future and the future is very bright. Devin Harris has peaked already. He's about as good as he's going to be right now. He's a good PG, but he's 6 years in and Collison's upside is a lot bigger.

Also, if Bird can pull off a Granger for Favors and a 1st round pick, that would be one of the biggest fleecing's the nba has ever seen. I think Favors could be outstanding. He has Dwight Howard potential, but with a mean streak in him.

One problem though. What good is Favors going to be if we're just gunna make him shoot 3 pointers. Offensive strats must change. You dont make this trade unless you plan on using Favors the right way.

Favors next to Hibbert could make Hibberts game flourish. It would certainly take pressure off Roy.

Taking Harris along with Favors and theit 011 1st is a trade you can live with. The Pacers don't have to keep Harris. He'd be a good trading piece that can bring something of more value to the Pacers. Outlook outside the box about getting Harris in the trade.

PacerGuy
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Taking Harris along with Favors and theit 011 1st is a trade you can live with. The Pacers don't have to keep Harris. He'd be a good trading piece that can bring something of more value to the Pacers. Outlook outside the box about getting Harris in the trade.

I agree 100%.
If we DID keep him, He + Favors are cheaper then Danny. He fills in as a very nice b/u PG/ combo G to replace Ford at a cheaper price, & is a bigger G (6'3) who can help when Collison is struggling against bigger G's. He is also a "vet pressence" TPTB have said they would like.

If you move him for a young player & an expiring (like a Bantum/Prizbilla - just as an example), then you get another good young piece & you get even more cap space. This would soften the blow if we can't move posey/D.Jones & the cap lowers w/ a new CBA.

owl
01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I believe that if Harris is in the deal then Collison goes to the Nets. That what I understood
that type trade to be.

xtacy
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
i haven't watched favors. i just checked his stats and it didn't impress me a bit. and special players make an impact. a lot of people talk and write about them. for example you don't have to watch griffin this year to know that he's special. to be honest i didn't hear or read much about favors.

so what's the deal with this kid? what is the cause of high hopes about him? i'm not trying to start anything just curious.

there may prolly be the answer to my question in this thread but i'm short on time nowadays.

PacerGuy
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I believe that if Harris is in the deal then Collison goes to the Nets. That what I understood
that type trade to be.

Danny/TJ/McBob - Favors/Harris/Vujacic/pick works $ wise.

vnzla81
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM

All day for that trade, I won't even look back.

Sparhawk
01-21-2011, 12:13 PM
i haven't watched favors. i just checked his stats and it didn't impress me a bit. and special players make an impact. a lot of people talk and write about them. for example you don't have to watch griffin this year to know that he's special. to be honest i didn't hear or read much about favors.

so what's the deal with this kid? what is the cause of high hopes about him? i'm not trying to start anything just curious.

there may prolly be the answer to my question in this thread but i'm short on time nowadays.

How many 19 and 20 year olds make an immediate impact? They guy only gets about 16 minutes a game. His offense needs work, but they guy is a beast on defense. I was able to watch some games when he played at Georgia Tech. He has the ability to be a shut down PF in a few years. Plus, his length and athleticism will be a huge help for Hibbert, who is not the fleetest of big men. I do believe with the right guy next to Hibbert, Hibbert will really flourish.

aaronb
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
A few points:
-No one in the Gasol trade has the potential/ upside that Favors has. Favors could be Great. IMO Danny will only ever be Very Good, never Great.

-Pau is better then Danny, but Danny will likely bring more. The state of the franchises, ownership, & "want" vs. "need" are reasons we don't have to move Danny. At the time, MEM Had to move Pau, we most definately do not Have to move Danny. We only make a deal if it's a good deal for us.

-M.Gasol is a heck of a piece for them. While there are other very nice pieces there, IMO M.Gasol is the key to their good, consistent play.

-MEM made a bold move & thaded away "the face" of the franchise, but are better now then they were then (though the did have 1 very good year w/ Pau). They are better then we are, in a smaller market, in a tougher conference, & they have young talent & will have some cap space. Not that bad for a franchise we ourselves mocked even just a few years ago.

Exactly,

Not to mention the Cap space cleared by moving Pau, got them Zach Randolph for absolutely nothing. The trade was basically Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and 3 1st round picks. I'd be THRILLED if we could pull that kind of trade off.

Memphis has sold a couple of those picks. So they really could have had an even better haul.

Gamble1
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
A few points:

Why do you think that Memphis had to move Pau Gasol. I don't think they were over the cap and much of their core players were already there. They shouldn't have moved Pau IMO and it hasn't worked out that well for them. They drafted Thabeet and traded away Kevin Love for OJ Mayo. If they would have stood pat they could have been much better with Gay Pau Gasol, Mike Miller and a young pg in Lowry. Who knows who they could have drafted if they didn't do that trade.

Tom White
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM

I don't have a clue how to answer your question, but I was wondering the same thing back before the draft. Many people here were going goofy over him, but I just didn't see it. I still don't know what everyone saw in him back then.

aaronb
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Why do you think that Memphis had to move Pau Gasol. I don't think they were over the cap and much of their core players were already there. They shouldn't have moved Pau IMO and it hasn't worked out that well for them. They drafted Thabeet and traded away Kevin Love for OJ Mayo. If they would have stood pat they could have been much better with Gay Pau Gasol, Mike Miller and a young pg in Lowry. Who knows who they could have drafted if they didn't do that trade.

Pau asked to be traded. He didn't want to be in Memphis, and the team was awful.

They correctly bottomed out and tried to build a foundation. A foundation which would be much better if they'd have taken Tyreke Evans or Steph Curry over Thabeet last summer.

Rudy Gay is the last holdover from those Pau teams at this point.

Gamble1
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Pau asked to be traded. He didn't want to be in Memphis, and the team was awful.

They correctly bottomed out and tried to build a foundation. A foundation which would be much better if they'd have taken Tyreke Evans or Steph Curry over Thabeet last summer.

Rudy Gay is the last holdover from those Pau teams at this point.
The team went to the playoffs for 3 straight years! How is that awful? They had a rough season and a half which was mainly do to an injury to Gasol. I think Memphis would have done much better if they would have held on to Gasol and built a more well rounded team through the draft and FA. If they lose Randolph they will be back into the lottery after this year.

aaronb
01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
The team went to the playoffs for 3 straight years! How is that awful? They had a rough season and a half which was mainly do to an injury to Gasol. I think Memphis would have done much better if they would have held on to Gasol and built a more well rounded team through the draft and FA. If they lose Randolph they will be back into the lottery after this year.

They traded Jwill and Posey to Miami for Eddie Jones. Then things started sliding the wrong way very quickly. Pau got hurt and missed a big chunk of that early season. Fans questioned his toughness and he started getting some boos at home. He very publicly asked for a trade.

Not really much Memphis could do at that point. It was similar to the JO situation going on here at the time. Paying franchise Max money to a guy who isn't an alpha dog.

Pau is much more effective being a 2nd banana.

TheDon
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
If we do trade danny for Favors and 1st round pick. Is it still conceivable that we could get Iguodala without having to give up Paul George or is that just wishful thinking?

lineup of PG - Collison SG - Iguodala SF - George PF - Favors C - Hibbert

sounds pretty awesome then we got their pick and our own to boot. Not sure where moves like that would put us financially relative to the cap and what else we could do with those picks or with what cap we would have left to acquire players in the summer.

Probably just wishful thinking :kickcan:

xBulletproof
01-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Per 36 averages to make this a more even debate:

Kevin Garnett (19 years old) - 13.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 49% FG, 2.1 BLK

Dwight Howard (19 years old)- 13.2 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 52% FG, 1.8 BLK

Derrick Favors (19 years old) - 12.5 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 55% FG, 1.2 BLK

He's not very far behind those guys. His biggest issue right now is his fouls. That's what's limiting him to 18 minutes per game. This kid has a chance to be something special. Comparing him to Dwight in the pre draft workouts Favors was 5 pounds heavier and the exact same height. As far as athleticism .....

Sprint times:
Howard - 3.14
Favors - 3.25

No step vert:
Howard - 30.5 inches
Favors - 31.5

Max vert:
Both at 35.5 inches

Wingspan:
Howard - 7 feet 4.5 inches
Favors - 7 feet 4 inches

Bench Press:
Howard - 7 reps
Favors - 14 reps

It all looks pretty familiar to me. Now we don't know if Favors will progress the same as Dwight Howard, but the ability is certainly there. It's certainly worth taking that chance for me.

Really?
01-21-2011, 07:16 PM
If we're willing to give up Granger for Favors, then we should really be looking instead towards trading Granger to Sacramento for Cousins.

Cousins is a Beast and will continue to be one, first I doubt we could pull this trade, 2nd he needs a special coach that is able to deal with his character... OBrien is def not that coach.

I don't get why everyone is so high on Iggy he has injury problems, and is inconsistent, he is real good at times but other he's not even close.

Per 36 averages to make this a more even debate:

Kevin Garnett (19 years old) - 13.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 49% FG, 2.1 BLK

Dwight Howard (19 years old)- 13.2 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 52% FG, 1.8 BLK

Derrick Favors (19 years old) - 12.5 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 55% FG, 1.2 BLK

He's not very far behind those guys. His biggest issue right now is his fouls. That's what's limiting him to 18 minutes per game. This kid has a chance to be something special. Comparing him to Dwight in the pre draft workouts Favors was 5 pounds heavier and the exact same height. As far as athleticism .....

It all looks pretty familiar to me. Now we don't know if Favors will progress the same as Dwight Howard, but the ability is certainly there. It's certainly worth taking that chance for me.

I believe that Dwight Howard struggled a lot when he first got to the league... people were even calling him a bust at times since he was drafted so high and wasn't producing the way people thought he should. Favors is young, and can only up, how far... who knows but he has a pretty high ceiling, he has been playing a lot better lately and I think that some teams that have the chance to trade for him now and don't will be really regretting it soon.

PacersHomer
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't see how Granger + parts can get Harris, Favors, and a pick. That's so much for a player who can't be a #1 option on a championship team and expiring contracts. I think people are being overly optimistic with this. If we could somehow get Harris, Favors, and a pick for Granger and TJ it would be highway robbery.

Justin Tyme
01-22-2011, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=PacersHomer;1142828]

I don't see how Granger + parts can get Harris, Favors, and a pick. That's so much for a player who can't be a #1 option on a championship team and expiring contracts. I think people are being overly optimistic with this. QUOTE]

AND I feel people who think Favors, #1, and filler aren't being realistic and are GIVING AWAY GRANGER. Like I said b4 a bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.

croz24
01-22-2011, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=PacersHomer;1142828]

I don't see how Granger + parts can get Harris, Favors, and a pick. That's so much for a player who can't be a #1 option on a championship team and expiring contracts. I think people are being overly optimistic with this. QUOTE]

AND I feel people who think Favors, #1, and filler aren't being realistic and are GIVING AWAY GRANGER. Like I said b4 a bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.

sorry but granger's value is not worth more than a great young prospect, a 1st, and an expiring. it's highly unlikely you'd get better than that for granger, if that much at all.

vnzla81
01-22-2011, 03:41 PM
sorry but granger's value is not worth more than a great young prospect, a 1st, and an expiring. it's highly unlikely you'd get better than that for granger, if that much at all.

So the Knicks are problaby getting a 1st+ expiring(to match contracts) for Randolph(a bench player) and you think that a 1st+ good player(Harris)+ Young player(Favors) for Danny is too much? :mygod:

Dr. Awesome
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure if Granger could get Favors by himself, but if he could, I'm all over that - and I don't want to trade Granger.

BigAndy
01-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not impressed with Favors. Why does everyone have such a high opinion of him?

Justin Tyme
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1142855]

Just b/c you have never thought much of Granger doesn't mean his value is as weak as you'd like all to think. Granger has more value than a young prospect yet to prove anything, a 011 1st in a weak draft, and some expiring filler.

xBulletproof
01-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm not impressed with Favors. Why does everyone have such a high opinion of him?

Go up a few posts and read my comparison to Dwight and KG. If that doesn't help you understand, then you don't want to understand. I don't know how anyone can deny what he COULD be.

croz24
01-22-2011, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=croz24;1142865]

So the Knicks are problaby getting a 1st+ expiring(to match contracts) for Randolph(a bench player) and you think that a 1st+ good player(Harris)+ Young player(Favors) for Danny is too much? :mygod:

only a fool would think granger is worth harris, favors, and a 1st. granger probably isn't even worth favors and the 1st by himself and then to add a borderline all-star on top of that for a sf who shoots 42% from the field? you are insane to think granger is worth all of that. that's just a fact.

LA_Confidential
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM

If this was the deal I'd be satisfied.

pwee31
01-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Go up a few posts and read my comparison to Dwight and KG. If that doesn't help you understand, then you don't want to understand. I don't know how anyone can deny what he COULD be.

There's a lot of players that COULD have been good based off talents. Doesn't mean they will be

BlueNGold
01-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Granger is probably not worth Favors and a 1st round pick if it's top 5. It's close though.

In any event, we are talking the same team that decided to acquire Troy Murphy.

BringJackBack
01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
What kind of value do you guys think Devin Harris has?

CableKC
01-22-2011, 09:53 PM
What kind of value do you guys think Devin Harris has?
For the Pacers, not so much since we have DC....unless you want to use him more as a ComboGuard at the Starting SG spot.

Specifically his value to a Team that already plays a position that he does is diminished since we don't have as much of a need for him.

Pacersalltheway10
01-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Harris is averaging 16 and 8 which is pretty impressive.

do you think if the Pacers got him someqhow that he could play combo guard for the Pacers?

BringJackBack
01-22-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd think he could be a poor man's Monta Ellis with better playmaking.. I think he can play the two better than TJ and Darren because he can finish with explosiveness and he has a floater and leaner.

He's better than Rush and Mike, and he'd be easy to trade for some picks or something after the season's over.

PacerGuy
01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
For the Pacers, not so much since we have DC....unless you want to use him more as a ComboGuard at the Starting SG spot.

Specifically his value to a Team that already plays a position that he does is diminished since we don't have as much of a need for him.

I disagree.
When Ford is gone, he would be a great backup. He is 6'3 so he can guard bigger guards DC struggles against. He can play the 2 when needed, also allowing Rush to play the 3 when needed. He is a vet TPTB crave for this young lineup, but is relatively young. He can shoot the rock, but can create his own shot as well, something we do not have much of. he is better then Ford or price, and almost better then any FA we would hope to sign to add to the backcourt.

Justin Tyme
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=vnzla81;1142873]

granger probably isn't even worth favors and the 1st by himself

I didn't realize your hate for Granger had caused you to be delusional to the point of being ridiculous.

Naptown_Seth
01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
This trade is one hell of a gamble that George and Favors grow into great players. I'm still a little curious on why folks are so high on Favors. He is young and showing flashes, but there's plenty of that going around. I have not seen that much of him, so perhaps I'm not doing him justice.
This is how I scouted him. However all I said was that you couldn't expect instant results because he was so raw still and probably 2-3 years away. IMO those are the types of guys to steal, guys where the other team got impatient.

No reasonable basketball mind should have expected much from Favors this year. Cousins was far more ready to play NBA ball, for comparison. Having said that, Favors is showing the blips of a promising player which indicates to me that the talent is legit and verifies that it's just a matter of time.

George is already coming along very fast. I notice him making really smart reads at times. He was very raw to start and is growing quickly.

However I want no part of Harris, and I'd be shocked if the Nets stupidly handed over a top 5 pick and then a top 10 (via unprotected) pick.

Granger for Favors now is overpaying, but finding a way to steal Favors now with a dampened market for him would be nice (ie, more than just Favors coming back).

graphic-er
01-23-2011, 02:16 AM
After having watched these last 3 games on the road. Trading Danny Granger before giving him a new coach would be a huge mistake. He has made his mistakes late in the games ,but he has also carried the team for most of the game. These are teams we should have beat, and would have been blown out if not for Granger playing so efficient.

Really?
01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Derrick Favors is looking better and better everyday... starting out tonight 3-5, 8 points, 9 reb, 3 blocks...