PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Pacers might be trading for Knicks' Randolph (update: Not looking likely)

rkleem
01-20-2011, 12:16 PM
First time poster, long time reader

Check out the Knicks Real Gm Board. Story posted stating Anthony Randolph has been traded to the Pacers, speculation TJ Ford has been included as well.

PacerGuy
01-20-2011, 12:20 PM
First time poster, long time reader

Check out the Knicks Real Gm Board. Story posted stating Anthony Randolph has been traded to the Pacers, speculation TJ Ford has been included as well.

Need a Link or this will get locked ASAP.
(hope you are right - I think)

Peck
01-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Do you have a link?

Also if true that would go a long way in explaining this twee last night.

tj_ford TJ Ford
@indysportsgirl happy u got ur wish

rkleem
01-20-2011, 12:22 PM
i tried to post a link, it kept saying fatal error,
go to businessinsider.com story is new york knicks to trade randolph to pacers, thanks

i wouldn't fool with you guys

Peck
01-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Here I'll help the new guy out. This isn't real gm but this is starting to catch some fire on twitter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/knicks-trade-randolph-to-pacers-2011-1

rkleem
01-20-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/knicks-t ... ers-2011-1

Unclebuck
01-20-2011, 12:24 PM
That would explain why Ford didn't play last night. Trade pending you don't want to play a guy and get him injured.

I suspect Wells knew this yesterday and just couldn't say it

Randolph is athleticially talented, but I've heard his IQ is not really good and his work ethic is a major question

I am changing the thread title for now

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm having issues believing this to be true, but my hands are tingling... That's a good sign that it's going to happen... [/not]

Aw Heck
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Does anyone see any speculation about T.J. Ford being included? I don't see him mentioned in the article. The only place I see him mentioned is on the Real GM board, with this post:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1085514&start=15

"If we are dealing with Indy - which I really don't like doing given there in our conference and competing for a #8 seed.

Do we have any fits to try out TJ Ford. He's expiring and you never know he could be a penetrating set the pace back up point guard we need to back up Felton."

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Salaries don't work at all so New York would have to be sending someone along with Randolph. I can't find a single trade that works with us only sending Ford.

Gamble1
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM
For everyone complaining about our athleticism it looks like Bird has heard your request.

Now on to JOB Bird....

BPump33
01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Salaries don't work at all so New York would have to be sending someone along with Randolph. I can't find a single trade that works with us only sending Ford.

Neither can I. Can we work out a couple of individual trades using the Murphy trade exception somehow?

MyFavMartin
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Well, the rumors are that we'd have to be sending our first round pick to the Knicks so they can use it to land Melo... And TJ's contract is a sizeable contract that is ending, so Denver would like that too. Question is, what do we get back to balance the salaries? Anthony Randolph is $2 mill and TJ is $8.5 mil. (Article makes no mention of such. Turiaf?)

Guess Denver will want something for Melo since all indications are he's going to NY anyway.

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
For everyone complaining about our athleticism it looks like Bird has heard your request.

Now on to JOB Bird....

Players don't come more athletic than Randolph so if this trade happens, we definitely got a HUGE injection of athleticism.

wintermute
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Ford + Solo for Randolph + Curry works if we're using the Murphy exception on Randolph.

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Ford + Solo for Randolph + Curry works if we're using the Murphy exception on Randolph.

It would be a lot of pain to bring Curry and his contract over, except to help build Roy. Besides that, I'd do anything to get Randolph into Indy, especially if that means getting rid of Ford and Solo. Any chance they want to trade Dahntay for Landry Fields? Or something?

Peck
01-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Done!!!!!!!

I'm on board for a trade however I am not willing to give up a lottery pick.

Aw Heck
01-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Still not seeing where it says T.J. Ford's included...

My guess, it's either:

Randolph for a 1st round pick, using the Troy Murphy trade exception, Solomon Jones waived.

or

Randolph for a 1st round pick and either D. Jones or S. Jones

Peck
01-20-2011, 12:41 PM
It would be a lot of pain to bring Curry and his contract over, except to help build Roy. Besides that, I'd do anything to get Randolph into Indy, especially if that means getting rid of Ford and Solo. Any chance they want to trade Dahntay for Landry Fields? Or something?

About as much chance that they would be willing to trade Amare for Mike Dunleavy

dannygranger
01-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Still not seeing where it says T.J. Ford's included...

My guess, it's either:

Randolph for a 1st round pick, using the Troy Murphy trade exception, Solomon Jones waived.

or

Randolph for a 1st round pick and either D. Jones or S. Jones

It doesn't say who is included if anyone. We are speculating it is Ford because of his tweet last night but noone knows for sure.

MyFavMartin
01-20-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd rather them take Posey than Ford and clear more space for next year.

MyFavMartin
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I would think Curry would be essential for NY to send to Denver as trade filler.

Gamble1
01-20-2011, 12:46 PM
This news is 2 hours old. How long does it take for the other sources to report normally? I am getting the feeling that it won't happen.

bellisimo
01-20-2011, 12:46 PM
It doesn't say who is included if anyone. We are speculating it is Ford because of his tweet last night but noone knows for sure.

his tweet was a response to indysportsgirl's tweet about having AJ coming in to the game before TJ Ford. Doesn't say anything about him getting traded in his tweet.

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 12:48 PM
This news is 2 hours old. How long does it take for the other sources to report normally? I am getting the feeling that it won't happen.

This.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Sort of excited for this, I guess? But sort of meh.

Hicks
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I guess we'll find out. You'd think Yahoo or ESPN would have this if it were true.

MiaDragon
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Sort of excited for this, I guess? But sort of meh.

Anything to get better, baby steps.

D-BONE
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Fun while it lasted. Where's the coverage? Premature leak?

wintermute
Done!!!!!!!

I'm on board for a trade however I am not willing to give up a lottery pick.

I can't imagine the Knicks trading Randolph without getting our pick as part of the package.

I would think Curry would be essential for NY to send to Denver as trade filler.

Ford and Solo can easily take his place as filler.

Admittedly this is all just speculation - I'm just playing around with the salaries to see what could fit. Curious though that Ford was held out last game (first game he's missed this season?) and Solo as well when we were missing Hibbert. Of course Posey didn't play either so it might not mean anything.

SMosley21
Figured I would just go straight to the source and see if I can get an answer :) Worth a shot

http://twitter.com/#!/SMosley21/status/28133409993789440

dannygranger
01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Do you have a link?

Also if true that would go a long way in explaining this twee last night.

tj_ford TJ Ford
@indysportsgirl happy u got ur wish

I was just going by what Peck said. It is all speculation at this point.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
A. Randolph
Azubuike's corpse
Turiaf

for

Ford
S. Jones
1st round pick

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I guess we'll find out. You'd think Yahoo or ESPN would have this if it were true.

Well, sources close to Randolph may say that the deal's already done, but as Mike Wells stated on Twitter (http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/28121664436834305), the Pacers have 15 guys on the squad and they're over the salary cap. Without any definite answers as to who we're sending or cutting, then the deal can't go through all the way.

I really hope that Bird and Morway are actually trying this time.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
New York Knicks To Trade Anthony Randolph To The Indiana Pacers, Says Source
Adam Fusfeld | Jan. 20, 2011, 9:36 AM | 2,851 | 1
A A A
x Email ArticleFrom To Email Sent!You have successfully emailed the post.
inShare.2

Image: AP Images

See Also:
The Superteam Era Is Upon Us, What's Going To Happen In The NBA?If The Knicks Lose Out On Carmelo Anthony, Plan B Is Marc GasolThe Epic Knicks-Celtics Game Proves The Knicks Need To Trade For Carmelo Anthony Right Now

Speculation has been swirling around New York Knicks forward Anthony Randolph after his agent requested that the team trade the sparsely-used, third-year forward.

A source with direct knowledge of Randolph's situation now tells us that the Knicks have agreed to a deal that will send Randolph to the Indiana Pacers.

We called the Knicks for comment and a spokesperson said, "There's nothing to report."

Many have speculated that Knicks GM Donnie Walsh would use Randolph to acquire a first-round pick, and that appears to be the case here. Walsh covets that pick, because it is believed to be a necessary component in any deal with the Nuggets that includes Carmelo Anthony.

With the Nets formally dropping out of the Anthony bidding, the timing of this trade suggests the Knicks are going to make a final push for the all-star forward.

While the move was far from shocking, many wondered which team would actually trade their first-rounder for Randolph, a bench player that coach Mike D'Antoni has lost interest in. The Timberwolves were the presumed front-runner. Now we know the Pacers, Walsh's former employer, were the team prepared to acquire the 6-foot-11 Randolph.

The Pacers are pretty deep in frontcourt players, but none can match Randolph's raw athletic ability. It's up to Indiana to accomplish what New York and Golden State couldn't over the last three seasons: convert his vast potential into consistent production.

(We will update this story as soon as we get our hands on more details...)

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/knicks-trade-randolph-to-pacers-2011-1#ixzz1Bb0jdhmU

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Could be this will end up going down as part of a Melo deal too. We could be the third team. Thus why there is a bit of a hold up plus it is quiet right now. If the deal is being made to bring in Melo might as well do it in one big move.

indianasmall3
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Am I in the minority here by not liking this trade? While I love getting rid of TJ are we really getting the best deal? Why is everyone down on Tyler Hans? He is basically a rookie and he is putting up great playing time when he is on the court. He had something like 16 points in a half of play last game. I want him to continue to start. Randolph is an underachieving, soft player that has no work ethic. I want a deal to happen with our expirings but I don't want a deal done just to say we did it.

CooperManning
from Wells, just now:

Bird has always liked Randolph, but Pacers are looking to add veteran rotation players. They've already got enough youth on their roster.

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

Aw Heck
Mike Wells doesn't seem to think it's happening, apparently.

I'm more inclined to believe Mike Wells than I am Adam Fuseld.

Peck
01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
More from Wells

@MikeWellsNBA
Mike Wells
@8pts9secs Donnie Walsh shot rumor down as well. He said Pacers have not proposed any offers to him for Randolph

Trophy
01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing in Randolph and I also agree we can probably use a decent veteran PF since we have a pretty young rotation there already.

I don't know who Bird would want. I would love to bring in David West.

Gamble1
01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
More from Wells

@MikeWellsNBA
Mike Wells
@8pts9secs Donnie Walsh shot rumor down as well. He said Pacers have not proposed any offers to him for Randolph

:vaderno:

I still don't believe Donnie though.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Donnie Walsh has always been known for straight shooting, honest answers with the media...oh wait.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, that sucks. Mike Wells, your such a buzzkill! :p

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
A. Randolph
Azubuike's corpse
Turiaf

for

Ford
S. Jones
1st round pick

Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Bill Walker

for

Ford
Posey
Solo.

I mean, worse trades have been made.

Speed
01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
More from Wells

@MikeWellsNBA
Mike Wells

Knowing Donnie from his time here, this could mean its a done deal, just waiting on the details. :)

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Even if this is true i dont see it happing till the Deadline or whenever the melo deal goes down.

pacers74
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm torn on this. If this is the only deal we can get done, then we take a chance on Randolph and his potential.

But there is almost a month until the trade deadline. If we give up our first now, then we are probably going to be out of any other trade we could have gotten closer to the deadline. If this is the final straw that the Knicks need to get Melo (our first), then I hope we get more out of it then just Randolph.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Knowing Donnie from his time here, this could mean its a done deal, just waiting on the details. :)

Especially if Wells wording is dead on. The Pacers may have not proposed the deal, just accepted it.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Bill Walker

for

Ford
Posey
Solo.

I mean, worse trades have been made.

Knicks arent adding salary unless melo is a done deal. Our pick would probly be unprotected in this scenerio. I see the pick being Lottery protected.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Even if this is true i dont see it happing till the Deadline or whenever the melo deal goes down.

I bet it ends up being a part of the Melo deal.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I do not like giving up a first round pick to only take back Randolph. Bringing in Randolph and other scrubs aren't going to make us a top team in the east. We are basically throwing away a 12-16 pick. Not a fan. If there are no picks involved I'd be all for it, especially if we can get Turiaf.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I bet it ends up being a part of the Melo deal.

Yes, Donnie is just trying to get the pieces lined up he is probly talking to Denver right now. He wants a 1st rd pick he wouldnt turn it down if offered.

BPump33
I do not like giving up a first round pick to only take back Randolph. Bringing in Randolph and other scrubs aren't going to make us a top team in the east. We are basically throwing away a 12-16 pick. Not a fan. If there are no picks involved I'd be all for it, especially if we can get Turiaf.

So, if Anthony Randolph was in the draft you wouldn't take him with the 12-16 pick?

I don't really have an opinion, just curious.

imbtyler
Am I in the minority here by not liking this trade? While I love getting rid of TJ are we really getting the best deal? Why is everyone down on Tyler Hans? He is basically a rookie and he is putting up great playing time when he is on the court. He had something like 16 points in a half of play last game. I want him to continue to start. Randolph is an underachieving, soft player that has no work ethic. I want a deal to happen with our expirings but I don't want a deal done just to say we did it.

I'm not down on Hansbrough, at least right now. The kid's got potential, was a college star, and can do his fair share of work. But his transition the NBA wasn't a smooth one. Randolph, given Hansbrough's, Posey's, and Solo's minutes (off the top of my head) can produce more than those three combined.

Or maybe not. I just want someone in the 4-spot who can do the job now. I have no doubt in Randolph's potential and athleticism.

pacer4ever
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1085514&start=15

I Love P
Can we get JR Smith?

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Can we get JR Smith?

no thank you he is a cancer

I Love P
01-20-2011, 01:23 PM
So, if Anthony Randolph was in the draft you wouldn't take him with the 12-16 pick?

Good question but probably not. Not going to take someone who rides the bench and has past health problems.

vnzla81
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
We are all excited about trade rumors regarding the Pacers but I have a feeling that nothing is going to happen :(

Targaflorio
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I read an article a couple of days ago saying the Knicks have been calling around the league looking for another big man for their rotation. I wonder if they might look to include Foster in a potential deal before the deadline.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, this is just a rumor.. The source is pretty weak.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
In the past 10 minutes, ESPN has posted on their rumors about Granger being plan B for the Nets.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:30 PM
In the past 10 minutes, ESPN has posted on their rumors about Granger being plan B for the Nets.

Please i want Favors. Plus the nets owner will make DG very rich and i like DG i would still watch him on LP if traded.

xIndyFan
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM

yes, especially next year. the draft looks weak and high probablility that guys will stay in school to avoid the lockout.

I Love P
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Is Favors gonna be like a Dwight Howard. I've watched him play, very raw. What's he going to turn out to be...also we would get more pieces back I'd imagine.

Trophy
01-20-2011, 01:34 PM

I wouldn't think too much of ESPN rumors.

They tend to make up things and it seems that they don't even get their facts from the actual sources (the team).

righteouscool

This is a good trade for both teams. I would love to have Favors and a first. That would be a great core moving forward.

pacers74
If this is rumor false, hopefully this means Bird and company aren't contnet to sit on their arse and are being proactive. Maybe this means we will get a deal done by the deadline.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Is Favors gonna be like a Dwight Howard. I've watched him play, very raw. What's he going to turn out to be...also we would get more pieces back I'd imagine.

Ive watched him on LP he is very good on defense already. His offense is pretty much dunking righut now he isnt very good in the post right now and doesnt have a jumper. But he is a great rebounder and defender and his offense keeps improving each time i see him last night he played very well. 5-6 shooting 12 pts

Speed
01-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't think too much of ESPN rumors.

They tend to make up things and it seems that they don't even get their facts from the actual sources (the team).

I'd guess its all based on what Chad Ford said in his last chat. Paraphrasing:

Since NJ was rumored to go after Danny during draft night or the #4 pick, they have had interest in him, so they might go after him again.

or this :)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=60499

---------------

The stuff we talked about here, during the draft, was how Danny was advertised as maybe being at the draft party, but he wasn't which furthered fueled speculation that NJ really did try to get him.

All a bunch of speculation and reaching, seems to me. I'd try to get Favors and this years #1 from NJ for Danny.

I'd guess we'd all appreciate how good Danny is/was if he was moved without a comparable player in return.

pacers74
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
There has been lots said about Granger being plan B for the Nets. What would we want besides Favors? Would we want Outlaw? He has like 4 more years left on his contract at like 7 mil a year.

Maybe we take Murphy back just for salary purposes and make them take Posey or the Jones brothers and our cap space will look even better. Of course New Jersey would have to give us a first too.

Speed
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Favors and #1 pick this year, you could include whoever you want for me. I'm guessing you could flip that #1 and your own for a stud player.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
There has been lots said about Granger being plan B for the Nets. What would we want besides Favors? Would we want Outlaw? He has like 4 more years left on his contract at like 7 mil a year.

Maybe we take Murphy back just for salary purposes and make them take Posey or the Jones brothers and our cap space will look even better. Of course New Jersey would have to give us a first too.

HELL NO TO OUTLAW

throw Sash in there he has a 6million dollar left on his contract for just this year that should be all (buy out right away)
Favors+sasha 6mill expiring+1st

pacers74
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
HELL NO TO OUTLAW

throw Sash in there he has a 6million dollar contract that she be all (buy out right away)
Favors+sasha+1st

This could work too. I don't really want outlaw either. He is way overpayed.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Is this rumor dead?

vnzla81
01-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Is this rumor dead?

It was never alive

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
It was never alive

mike wells is adressing it right now on the fan

TheDon
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Maybe we can get the Knicks and the Nets to start outbidding each other on using us as a facilitator for either of them to get Melo (I know they said the melo deal was off in new jersey) I sure as hell would try though.

Psyren
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Last I've heard, deal could still happen.

Still looks about as likely as it has for the past few weeks. Still a possibility, but nothing set in stone yet.

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Has anyone in the big time media outlets said anything about this lately?

Pacersalltheway10
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I hope we somehow get Harris-Favors and their unprotected first for Danny and maybe our next years pick unprotected.
this has been an interesting day of trade rumors. first this now the nets plan B.

imbtyler
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Just saw the article added this update:

UPDATE: Multiple reports say that Randolph is at practice. Appears as though our information is wrong. We sincerely apologize for the error. We're reaching out to our source to find out what went wrong.

link (http://www.businessinsider.com/knicks-trade-randolph-to-pacers-2011-1)

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
:o :suicide:

JB24
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
They're sticking to their story:

Earlier we reported, incorrectly (and again, we sincerely apologize), that Anthony Randolph was set to be traded to the Indiana Pacers.

But this afternoon, Knicks beat writers were reporting that Randolph was at practice, thereby squashing our story.

We called our source, a friend of Randolph's, to find out where things went wrong. Here's the explanation:

Randolph told the source he was going to be traded by the end of the week, and insists he's heading to Indianapolis.

http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-randolph-is-telling-friends-hes-headed-to-the-pacers-2011-1

Tomorrow's the end of the week, so we'll soon see.

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
They're sticking to their story:

http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-randolph-is-telling-friends-hes-headed-to-the-pacers-2011-1

Tomorrow's the end of the week, so we'll soon see.

Interesting.

:whoknows:

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not so sure if I'm buying this anymore. If we get him, great. If we don't, great.

I think this would have attracted some attention outside of this website, PD, and RealGM if this was valid. I don't think that this would stay on the down-low for so long.

pwee31
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that same site appears to be trying to either save face, or they believe their source (Friend of Randolph) knows the scoop.

http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-randolph-is-telling-friends-hes-headed-to-the-pacers-2011-1?sailthru_m=h5b

Earlier we reported, incorrectly (and again, we sincerely apologize), that Anthony Randolph was set to be traded to the Indiana Pacers.

But this afternoon, Knicks beat writers were reporting that Randolph was at practice, thereby squashing our story.

We called our source, a friend of Randolph's, to find out where things went wrong. Here's the explanation:

Randolph told the source he was going to be traded by the end of the week, and insists he's heading to Indianapolis.

We jumped the gun by reporting the trade was imminent, but Randolph still tells the source that he's headed to the Pacers… eventually.

Again, Randolph practiced with the team today, so it seems highly unlikely that anything is actually in place yet. But it is what he's been telling friends.

Hicks
01-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Hmm. Guess we'll find out within a few days.

Sookie
01-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Maybe it was Randolph for Price? Randolph for TJ doesn't work financially, and don't the Knicks need a backup PG?

BornReady#6
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Maybe it was Randolph for Lance until he got dted?

Heisenberg
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
I know they didn't name the guy or anything, but isn't outing your source as a friend of AR's a bit, I duno, amateur-ish?

I just honestly don't believe there's anything to this.

hoops_guy
01-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Do we know if our pick is involved? I sure hope not.

He's a good talent but I bet we can play them dumb and just try to "help" them by cutting costs.

Major Cold
01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Maybe it is stalled because we were apart of a three-way with the Melo trade?

pwee31
01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers tried to get involved in the Nuggets deal. As Mike Wells tweeted earlier, the Pacers don't want to get younger, but wants some seasoned vets.

The Pacers have some seasoned vets, but they're really average role playing vets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers try to get Nene from Denver and perhaps even take Harrington back as well as land Randolph.

Pacers will like send their 1st round pick, which is the entire reason the Knicks are willing to trade Randolph, and then throw in expiring contracts of like Foster (who Nuggets have wanted) and Dunleavy. Send another player to the Knicks to match Randolph roster wise.

I could see something like that going down

pwee31
01-20-2011, 10:43 PM
The fact that Randolph is rumored to believe he will be traded to the Pacers by the end of the week, would kinda make sense as well if you look at the fact that the Pacers play Denver on Sunday and than have a couple days off until Wednesday.

Just speculation

DGPR
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
I just wish this thing would get squashed one way or the other. If we trade for Randolph that's cool and I hope he works out great for us, and if we don't trade for him then I hope our draft pick works out great too. I just want the madness to stop and somebody to come out one way or the other and say yes or no.

BornReady#6
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I think TJ Fords status for tomorrow nights game will say a lot. If he sits again, I think that will say something.

owl
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Randolph for TJ? Something else has to be involved.

PacerPenguins
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
this was on ESPN's rumors today

There's been chatter that New York's Anthony Randolph is likely to be traded to either Minnesota, Indiana or possibly Portland for a first-round pick.

Such a pick could then be used to bolster the Knicks' offerings to Denver in a Carmelo Anthony trade deal.

But as ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports, Denver itself could have interest in Randolph.

"The Knicks' timetable for trading Randolph could be pushed back a week or so because of New Jersey's pulling out of the Anthony chase, sources said," he wrote. "The likeliest trading partners for Randolph have been Minnesota and Indiana, both of whom would take him for a first-round pick that the Knicks in turn would put in a trade package for Anthony. But there's a possibility the Nuggets may be interested in Randolph as a player."

While Randolph hasn't been getting much playing time in New York, he's still a young player with a chance to grow and develop, one type of asset Denver is said to be interested in via an Anthony trade.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

BringJackBack
01-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Soo... Where's Randolph? ;)