PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right...

DocHolliday
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
There was a small blurb in the Star's sports section (couldn't find it online) that said Jermaine O' Neal is having foot problems and will be out four weeks. Of course, it's not bad enough for surgery. I've never seen a more definite sign that January is here than the annual "ow my foot, ow my knee" from J.O. Keep making that money, big man, you deserve it.

Speed
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Punxsutawney Jermaine - You know there's about 3 months left of the regular season now.

Unclebuck
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
JO is injury prone. No news there

Sparhawk
01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
If JO wants to retire a Pacer, I'm guessing he's expecting a 10 day contract or something, cause there is no way I could take another year of JO and injuries.

I like the guy, and he became a star here, but sometimes you have to know when to say enough is enough and stop taking team's money when you know you won't play much.

pacer4ever
01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
he might have season ending surgery

NapTonius Monk
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
sometimes you have to know when to say enough is enough and stop taking team's money when you know you won't play much.Has any professional sports player ever done this? Gotta get all you can while you can.

Mackey_Rose
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Has any professional sports player ever done this? Gotta get all you can while you can.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6033882

I completely agree with you. He would be crazy not to.

Gil Meche is apparently crazy enough though.

I didn't want to go try it again for another season and be the guy making $12 million doing absolutely nothing to help their team," Meche said. "Yeah, a lot of people might think I'm crazy for not trying to play and making this amount of money. I don't think I'm ever going to regret it."

Count me in with the group that thinks he's crazy.

Trader Joe
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I dunno, never really understood how you could accuse JO of faking injuries after that left handed free throw against the Nuggets.