PDA

View Full Version : Who of the core will be here in three years?

BringJackBack
01-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Hibbert
George
Collison
Rush
Granger
Price
McRoberts
Hansbrough
Stephenson

Which of these guys will be extended and be a part of this team when we are "complete"? I'm going with Hibbert, George, and Collison.. Everyone else will probably be traded or will move to greener pastures (Josh and Price). Although I wouldn't be suprised if Danny is still around, and I wouldn't be too upset either, it'd just be smart to snag another guy with George-like potential.

After a rough night, I thought I'd look to the future to maybe forget what just happened to us once again.

Psyren
01-20-2011, 03:28 AM
I'm going to say what you said with George, Collison, and Hibbert.

I'm also going to throw in Hansbrough, but only if Larry Bird is still in charge. If he is, I think Tyler stays. Larry really likes the guy, and Tyler gives you that nonstop effort every night that everybody likes to have.

Bball
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Who of the core will be here in three years?

O'Brien, Flox, and UncleBuck.

Not sure past that...

pacergod2
01-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Not sure past that...

Flox IS O'Brien.

SMosley21
01-20-2011, 11:44 AM
George
Collison
Hansbrough
Hibbert
Stephenson

Sparhawk
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Collison
Stephenson
PG
Hans
Favors (yeah, I went there)
Hibbert

Kegboy
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM

Not sure past that...

:lolchair:

Anyway, I would be shocked if DC and Hibbert were gone. George will probably be here, and Hands as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if either was part of a bigger trade under a possible new regime.

Danny's contract is up in 3 years, I'd lay odds he'll be gone after that, if not before. Rush and Josh will probably leave when they can. Price will probably be the backup next year, and either won't cut it or will move on to greener pastures afterwards. Lance won't be in the league.

Sookie
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Danny, Hibbert, George, Hans..either Collison or Price and Josh possibly

I think Rush will be used as a trading asset, I really don't know what will happen with Stephenson, and I think we'll lose one of our PGs to a team willing to either pay them more or offer a starting spot. (AKA, some team overpays for Collison and we decide to go with Price as our starter, or some team offers Price the opportunity to start.)

Day-V
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
James Posey
Jeff Foster
T.J. Ford
Mike Dunleavy
Solomon Jones

johndozark
01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
No one is safe from being included in a trade for a top notch PF or C or a combo Big. It is possible that a trade for a genuine All-Star wing (say Iguodola) or point (I don't happen to know of an All-Star point on the market) could claim anyone. Almost any of these players might have a higher percentage chance of sticking under different systems and different usage, but that is unproven. So when we are looking at the roster, we are looking at probabilities for each player lasting three years. Here are my guesses:

Granger 70%
Collison 70%
Hibbert 70%
George 70% (I am tempted to put his chances higher based on potential, but I am not sure of that)
Rush 60%
Hansbrough 60%
McRoberts 50%
Price 50% (although I also think that he could possibly surpass Collison by next year)
Dunleavy 25% (a higher percentage chance that he will be here 1 or 2 years if he will sign a small contract)
Foster 5% (a higher percentage chance that he will be here 1 or 2 years if he will sign a small contract)
Stephenson 5% ( I think the goal now is to develop him into valuable trading stock)
D. Jones 0% (it would be better for him and us to trade him unless we have plans to use him more wisely)
S. Jones 0% (unlikely to be re-signed, and, if so, for a one year term)
T. Ford 0% (we won't re-sign him; we may trade him if possible)
J. Posey 0% (he will be too old by the time his contract expires; we should trade him sooner if possible)