PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Camby needs knee surgery

DemonHunter1105
01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6037564

First time making a thread so if I do this wrong or someone else has made this already, just delete it.

I really feel for the Blazers' fan base at this point. The team needs to invest in some knee insurance policies or something. Maybe put a clause in their contract if they have to miss so many games for a knee related issue they don't have to pay them as much haha.

But I honestly feel really bad for their team, they have the worst luck with injuries.

Only bright spot is we play them Saturday, so not having him should help us.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Sad news for the Blazers once again.. Sucks to be them. They had a really nice core.

Any chance they just blow it all up soon?? I'd love a decent number of their players, in particular wings, to be on our team.

Isaac
01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Any chance they just blow it all up soon?? I'd love a decent number of their players, in particular wings, to be on our team.

Like who? Wesley Matthews is a nice player, but I think Paul George will be better by his 3rd year and I'd rather develop him than acquire another wing.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Like who? Wesley Matthews is a nice player, but I think Paul George will be better by his 3rd year and I'd rather develop him than acquire another wing.

-Wes is a very solid player on both sides of the court on a very nice deal considering that he is averaging 15 while providing very good defense without even having the green light. He's 24.

-I really like Nicholas Batum. Had he not gone down with injuries last season (That doesn't make him injury prone BTW), he would be one of the better youngsters in the league. He is also a very good defender, athlete, and offensive potential averaging 11 in his third year (He hasn't found his stroke from previous years yet though). He's 22.

-Armon Johnson is a solid rookie point guard and I always like what Seth had to say about him in his write-ups on here. He brings very good energy and tempo to the game.

-I always enjoyed Luke Babbit in college. He's not ever going to be close a starter, but he's going to be a very nice 3rd-4th wing type of guy and he'd be a decent throw-in to a trade.

I understand the whole Paul George issue, but if we traded Danny for Wes/Batum/1st/Camby or something of that nature all three of our wings would have good minutes. That's all moot though; I don't think Bird is really going to trade Danny.

:twocents:

Sparhawk
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I thought the Colts had a lot of injuries. The Blazers have some bad luck. I'm a huge fan of Camby, but he's been injury prone for most of his career.

Blazers must have a good coach, cause they still are an above 0.500 team with all those injuries. They still find ways to win.

pwee31
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Even if you don't like what Portland is offering, you could try and find a team that does like what they're offering and make it a 3 way