PDA

View Full Version : Pacers moving Dunleavy?

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1388

Jesse in Toronto:
Who do you think is going to get traded that NO one is talking about?

Steve Kyler:
Good question...

I think Cleveland is gonna blow up that squad, so pick a Cavalier...
Minnesota is likely moving Corey Brewer, so thats a team to watch because Corey alone doesn't return much...
Sacramento is trying to move Beno Udrih and Fransisco Garcia...
Washington is trying to move Andray Blatche...
Milwaukee would move Michael Redd and Corey Maggette...
Clips have offered Baron Davis to a number of teams...
Charlotte says they won't trade either Stephen Jackson or Gerald Wallace, but there is interest in both players...
Indiana is trying to package Mike Dunleavy for a deal...
Golden State has some big ending contracts and they want a real player...
Philly says they are not going to trade Iguodala, but they have a ton of tradable guys like Marresse Speights...
I think Memphis would trade Zach Randolph if it returns enough talent to insure a playoff berth.

Diamond Dave
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Sort of makes sense with all the Dunleavy centric media pieces coming out lately. I think I'd be interested in a Dunleavy for Andre Blaytch deal of some kind.

Or a blockbuster sending Dunleavy and Hibbert for JaVale McGee and their 1st round pick.

Trader Joe
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Those could be the most ambiguous answers to a question ever.

Mackey_Rose
I posted something about this in another thread, but from what I've been told, nobody in the NBA is going to be pulling the trigger on any real big deals until after the Carmelo Anthony deal is finalized.

Once Melo is moved, things will start to happen.

Trader Joe
Sort of makes sense with all the Dunleavy centric media pieces coming out lately. I think I'd be interested in a Dunleavy for Andre Blaytch deal of some kind.

Or a blockbuster sending Dunleavy and Hibbert for JaVale McGee and their 1st round pick.

I'm sure Hibbert would love to continue paying for tickets for a group of fans to go watch a team he no longer plays for.

PaceBalls
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm sure Hibbert would love to continue paying for tickets for a group of fans to go watch a team he no longer plays for.

Hmm, good point. That would be... awkward!

In any case, even if he doesn't get traded...I wonder how long before area 55 starts showing up wearing paper bags over their heads.

Hicks
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I posted something about this in another thread, but from what I've been told, nobody in the NBA is going to be pulling the trigger on any real big deals until after the Carmelo Anthony deal is finalized.

What if Melo digs his heals and ends up staying in Denver?

Trader Joe
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Then everyone sits with their thumb up their bum like morons while they let one 20-something control an entire league worth millions of dollars with or without him.

Mackey_Rose
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
What if Melo digs his heals and ends up staying in Denver?

He can choose to sign the Denver extension that is still on the table. But if he isn't willing to sign that, he is going to be traded. Denver is not just going to let his contract expire and not get anything for him.

He doesn't hold all the cards. He can tell them that he isn't going to sign an extension anywhere but New York or something like that, but even if he does that, he will get traded somewhere. Denver will try to work out a deal with New York to maximize their return, but if they can't get something they want back, they will trade him for less return somewhere else as a rental with the possibility of still signing an extension at a later date.

Basically what it comes down to is, he either signs the extension with Denver or he is getting traded. Those are the only two possible outcomes.

Hicks
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
He can choose to sign the Denver extension that is still on the table. But if he isn't willing to sign that, he is going to be traded. Denver is not just going to let his contract expire and not get anything for him.

He doesn't hold all the cards. He can tell them that he isn't going to sign an extension anywhere but New York or something like that, but even if he does that, he will get traded somewhere. Denver will try to work out a deal with New York to maximize their return, but if they can't get something they want back, they will trade him for less return somewhere else as a rental with the possibility of still signing an extension at a later date.

Basically what it comes down to is he either signs the extension with Denver or he is getting traded. Those are the only two possible outcomes.

Understood, but my concern is this gets dragged out and nothing happens until the week or day of the deadline. Does that risk killing a deal for us?

I mean theoretically it doesn't have to, but what if both sides like a deal on January 19th, but after a month of thinking about it, one side gets cold feet? Maybe the player the Pacers were going to get starts performing better than they expected, and they decide to just keep him?

Mackey_Rose
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Understood, but my concern is this gets dragged out and nothing happens until the week or day of the deadline. Does that risk killing a deal for us?

I mean theoretically it doesn't have to, but what if both sides like a deal on January 19th, but after a month of thinking about it, one side gets cold feet? Maybe the player the Pacers were going to get starts performing better than they expected, and they decide to just keep him?

It is an understandable concern. It is certainly possible, but I think that most front offices already have their deals in mind. They just don't want to risk giving up the chance to get in on a potential blockbuster deal involving multiple teams and one of the league's best players.

Peck
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I just love internet chat invterviews so that people can just spout what they think as opposed to any inkling of what is really going on.

BTW 90'nba that is not a shot at you or for you at posting this, I just always find these article's amusing.

I think I'll interview Uncle Buck about who should move around the NBA and post it.

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
the pacers would trade dunleavy for the right offer. they would trade anyone for the right offer. but i don't think the pacers want to trade just to trade. jmo, but pacers appear willing to let expiring deal expire instead of making an ordinary trade that doesn't make them better.

Major Cold
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM

Who is your ticket rep?

I Love P
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Blockbuster? I wouldn't trade Hibbert for McGee straight up.

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Trade our MVP? Hell noooo........

diamonddave00
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd be agreeable to a Mike Dunleavy (10.6 mil) and Soloman Jones(1.5) for Andray Blatche(5.9) and Yi Jialian (4.0)deal which would work within the nba trade rules.

Jialian's contract for 2011-12 is a team option . Blatche is well paid the next 4 years totalling 29.8 mil so he is very risky as far as salary. But he is only 24 and even with his percieved problems is averaging 16.3 ppg and 8.4 rpg and has still not reached his full potential.

Blatche at 6'11 260 also can play center and blocks almost 1 shot a game , he would help Hibbert inside on defense better than any current Pacer bigman. His contract is not ideal but realisticly who can the Pacers sign this summer , who will not demand a very similar 4 year 30 mil deal to come here?

His age fits well with the Pacers future building blocks.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
I think I'll interview Uncle Buck about who should move around the NBA and post it.

Better yet, ask him who the Pacers should trade and for whom. It should be more interesting and better reading than some of the player threads recently posted. ;)

Mackey_Rose
01-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Who is your ticket rep?

What? Why?

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
I'd be agreeable to a Mike Dunleavy (10.6 mil) and Soloman Jones(1.5) for Andray Blatche(5.9) and Yi Jialian (4.0)deal which would work within the nba trade rules.

. . . His age fits well with the Pacers future building blocks.

blatche would not be my first choice, as he is soft as NBA bigs go, but this trade would be ok with me.:cool:

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I just love internet chat invterviews so that people can just spout what they think as opposed to any inkling of what is really going on.

BTW 90'nba that is not a shot at you or for you at posting this, I just always find these article's amusing.

No problem bro

Writer and "insiders" get paid to "report" so go figure :)

Trophy
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna get a decent big man for Mike (and/or any other of our expirings) and our first round pick.

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna get a decent big man for Mike (and/or any other of our expirings) and our first round pick.

Boy , we can only :pray:

DemonHunter1105
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I am not sure if the numbers would work at all, but I forsee some kind of trade for Speights as the most likely to occur since its another big body we could use next to Roy.

I am not saying I want him particularly, I just do not know who else we could get without giving up more than we want.

diamonddave00
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Hell If Diamond Dave (the other one) would do Hibbert for McGee and a #1 . You could expand my other trade idea to be Hibbert, Dunleavy and S.Jones for Blatche, McGee and Jianlian.

McGee would add the mobile shot blocking big the Pacers need , adding Blatche improves our pf/c rotation. Hibbert would be a fan favorite in DC.

Blatche would make up for Hibbert's scoring and McGee and he are both still developing and would improve interior defense. Paul George would get Dunleavy's minutes.

From the Wizards side they add a local fav in Hibbert who could blow up with them into an above average center , personally I still see Roy as a Rik Smits clone just below All Star level.

Dealing for McGee would "potentially" give the Pacers the athletic , shot blocking center they need as they move forward . The Pacer big rotation of Blatche, McGee and Hansbrough would be an interesting trio.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM

The Magic are trying to get a backup center. They have some interest in Jeff Foster whose contract is expiring.

Post that around the internet if you like.

I have no sources, but everything I posted here is 100% true.

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
The Magic are trying to get a backup center. They have some interest in Jeff Foster whose contract is expiring.

True , but I dont think they have anything that could interest us

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM

It's only half a trade, since you never said Foster for ???

Seriously, who would you like to see the Pacers pick up in a trade? You watch plenty of NBA games to see someone you think could help the Pacers. Somebody has to interest you.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
It's only half a trade, since you never said Foster for ???

Seriously, who would you like to see the Pacers pick up in a trade? You watch plenty of NBA games to see someone you think could help the Pacers. Somebody has to interest you.

It was still more than what Steve Kyler had to say in regards to Dunleavy. Plus if I would have said who it was for I would have then been making stuff up.

Mourning
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Some actual content that relates

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71229/20110119/dunleavy_aware_trade_from_pacers_is_possible/

Mike Dunleavy is in the final year of his contract, which makes him a trade candidate leading up to the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

With the wing being the deepest position for the Pacers, his name has been mentioned in rumors. Still, Dunleavy isn't concerned about the possibility of being moved.

"Maybe I should worry about it, but I don't at all," he said. "It's not worth it. How I look at it is, I'll always be playing basketball. It doesn't matter if it's here or at the North Pole."

Even if he's not traded, it isn't likely Dunleavy will return next season due to Indiana's depth.

"We've got a good group of young guys," Dunleavy said. "It's been fun growing here. I love being in Indiana. I love the organization and the coaching staff. We'll see what happens."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71229/20110119/dunleavy_aware_trade_from_pacers_is_possible/#ixzz1BW36eFC5

hoops_guy
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Admittedly I am very harsh on players, but in my heart I will always have a warm and fuzzy spot for Mike Dunleavy. He's been the punching bag for a long time here, and even though he is admittedly very frustrating to watch at times, it isn't deserved. He's just the only guy that gets critiqued where guys like Rush and Granger really deserve plenty of criticism too.

We will probably get a pretty good player for him, and if we don't I'd imagine that we can get a pick and a hefty contract bringing in a nice player like Blatche (yuck), Igoudala, or whoever else. If we don't trade him, do not re-sign him. Don't.

If he is traded within the next 35 in a half days, than I will wish him a warm good-bye and both parties will move on. It's been a frustrating four years, and it's kind of upsetting that Mike and Foster don't have the opportunity to get to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That said, it would be a mistake to bring them back.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 05:09 PM
It was still more than what Steve Kyler had to say in regards to Dunleavy. Plus if I would have said who it was for I would have then been making stuff up.

You still didn't answer the 2 part of my post. If I didn't respect your opinion, I sure wouldn't have asked!!

Sookie
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if Dun is our biggest trading asset. Dun's not playing bad, he's our biggest expiring. Foster is injury prone, and my guess is the organization wants to keep him. And Ford is playing poorly, so not many teams will probably want him.

That's probably partially the reason for Paul being brought into the rotation a bit. So that he's comfortable if he's by himself.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
You still didn't answer the 2 part of my post. If I didn't respect your opinion, I sure wouldn't have asked!!

Oh, my bad.

I just double checked their roster I've always liked Brandon bass - but the Magic won't give him up. Also have always liked JJ Redick, but I don't think tyhe magic will give him up. So that more than likely leaves Earl Clark and maybe their first round draft pick type of trade.

Redick makes: 7.5, 6.5, 6.0 - This year and the next two years.

Bass makes 4 m this year and 4 M next

Earl Clark makes 1.9M.

I don't know won't happen (that wasn't the point of my post)

Might need a third team to enter into the fray

I do expect a number of teams to come after Jeff pretty hard in the next 6 weeks (especially as jeff is playing well and seems able to play 12-15 minutes a game. Magic, Heat, Bulls, maybe Hawks, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers. Any team that thinks they are a contender.

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I didn't think I would be saying this but Jeff has actually played well enough to increase his trade value this season.

CableKC
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
If an Expiring is sent out with our 1st round pick ( with or without PG ), my guess is that we'll end up with a Starting quality SG...not a Starting quality PF.

I know it's a longshot....but I'm still holding out for Iggy or Kevin Martin :pray:

Trophy
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
If an Expiring is sent out with our 1st round pick ( with or without PG ), my guess is that we'll end up with a Starting quality SG...not a Starting quality PF.

I know it's a longshot....but I'm still holding out for Iggy or Kevin Martin :pray:

We're not trading PG and Bird will definitely not bring in another SG.

He'll probably try and go after a decent PF or any big man, but not another wing player.

Sookie
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Yea..I want Iggy.

And then use the other expiring/use money after expirings expire to sign a starting PF.

CableKC
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
We're not trading PG and Bird will definitely not bring in another SG.
We can agree to disagree.....but depending on whose available.....I don't think that PG is untouchable....ASSUMING that the right deal/Player comes along.

He'll probably try and go after a decent PF or any big man, but not another wing player.
I'm not saying that Bird won't go after a decent Starting quality PF....I'm sure that he will. I just don't think that there is one that will likely be available.

The reason that I suggest that we'd even go after another Wing Player is because I do not think that a BRush/Granger/Posey/PG Wing rotation will get us to that level of play that we will need in order to compete.

I don't mind waiting for PG to fill that roll....but I don't think that Bird and Company are patient enough to wait.

Trophy
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
We can agree to disagree.....but depending on whose available.....I don't think that PG is untouchable....ASSUMING that the right deal/Player comes along.

I'm not saying that Bird won't go after a decent Starting quality PF....I'm sure that he will. I just don't think that there is one that will likely be available.

The reason that I suggest that we'd even go after another Wing Player is because I do not think that a BRush/Granger/Posey/PG Wing rotation will get us to that level of play that we will need in order to compete.

I don't mind waiting for PG to fill that roll....but I don't think that Bird and Company are patient enough to wait.

I wanted us to bring in Kevin Martin at last year's trade deadline, but I think Houston likes him and won't deal him.

I would like to bring in Iggy to play next to Danny, but we're gonna be packed with wing men and an improving Paul will need time and Brandon is a decent shooter and defender who will also need a good amount of time.

BlueNGold
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I do expect a number of teams to come after Jeff pretty hard in the next 6 weeks (especially as jeff is playing well and seems able to play 12-15 minutes a game. Magic, Heat, Bulls, maybe Hawks, Spurs, Mavs, Lakers. Any team that thinks they are a contender.

As much as I like Jeff Foster, right now is the time to trade him.

I don't think there will be a better time.

Sookie
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
As much as I like Jeff Foster, right now is the time to trade him.

I don't think there will be a better time.

I don't know..if he wants to retire this season..I'd rather we let him retire here. We have plenty of expirings.

Sparhawk
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know..if he wants to retire this season..I'd rather we let him retire here. We have plenty of expirings.

The Pacers can always sign him to a 10 day contract and let him retire next year. You have to move these expirings if you can for hopefully picks and young talent. Foster has some real value.

imbtyler
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh, my bad.

I just double checked their roster I've always liked Brandon bass - but the Magic won't give him up. Also have always liked JJ Redick, but I don't think tyhe magic will give him up. So that more than likely leaves Earl Clark and maybe their first round draft pick type of trade.

Earl Clark makes 1.9M.

I would take Earl Clark or Brandon Bass. Ryan Anderson is starting to look like what Tyler Hansbrough was in college. Except shooting threes. I wouldn't mind Anderson, but I'm done with the white PF trend. Brandon Bass wouldn't be attainable, and we'd be better off with the defensive combo forward in Earl Clark.

We can send both of our back-up centers. Doesn't Dwight need the help?

pacer4ever
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I would take Earl Clark or Brandon Bass. Ryan Anderson is starting to look like what Tyler Hansbrough was in college. Except shooting threes. I wouldn't mind Anderson, but I'm done with the white PF trend. Brandon Bass wouldn't be attainable, and we'd be better off with the defensive combo forward in Earl Clark.

we already turned down solo for Earl when Earl was with the suns.

pwee31
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't like Blatche... no thanks, not even for Dunleavy.

It will be interesting to see what is done though. I think Foster is likely our biggest expiring chip. Ford and Dunleavy are really only valuable if a team is looking to clean house or rebuild.

Pacersalltheway10
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I'd love to somehow get tyrus Thomas. Should be a good fit next to Roy

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I'd love to somehow get tyrus Thomas. Should be a good fit next to Roy

depends on which tyrus thomas you get. last year's, contract year, larry brown screaming in his ear every practice version would be great. but the chicago bull tyrus thomas the pacers need no part of.

but it's a moot point, i think he is a BYC player and therefor hard to trade.

itzryan07
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Blockbuster? I wouldn't trade Hibbert for McGee straight up.

thank u! Mcgee sucks

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Yea..I want Iggy.

And then use the other expiring/use money after expirings expire to sign a starting PF.

I got mad love for you Sook, but I think you overvalue Iggy

He plays for a shtty team, is the focal point of the offense and is averaging 13 pts 5rbs, both career lows, and he is owed 80 million over 3 more years.

He would be a good addition , but not at that cost

JMHO

Pacerized
01-19-2011, 10:20 PM

He plays for a shtty team, is the focal point of the offense and is averaging 13 pts 5rbs, both career lows, and he is owed 80 million over 3 more years.

JMHO

I agree, I just don't get the love for Iggy. I read post where people are down on Granger and say he's having a bad year. Granger's defense has improved this year and his scoring is down to 21.2 ppg, but compared to Iggy he's having a great year. Iggy's #'s have fallen off for 3 years straight with this being year showing a huge drop. 13.8 points in 37.6 minutes per game, and he makes more then Granger. I don't want us to go after any wing player but if we were to, Iggy would be nowhere near the top of my list.

Sookie
01-19-2011, 10:23 PM

JMHO

I don't think he's that overpaid, if you consider the league..

To me, he's a borderline all star. Very much like Granger. They aren't good as the focal point, but together they'd be very good.

Their skills fit, and they are both decently young, it'd be a nice pair to watch. Think about either a Granger/Iggy/PG wing rotation or Granger/Iggy/Rush rotation...name a better wing rotation in the league? (well okay, besides Miami..but even then..Granger and Iggy compliment each other far better than Wade and Lebron do.)

Then, really..do we think we can honestly get a better player than Iggy?

Trophy
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
With Danny already at SF and a developing Paul and a good shooter and defender in Brandon at SG, we don't need anymore wing men.

We really need to pay to have a decent PF.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Igoudala just desperately needs some of the scoring load off of him, much like Granger. If we trade for him, Granger and Iggy both focus more on defense and become the best 1-2 punch defensively in the league (yes, better than Lebron and Wade), and the team trusts Collison and Iggy to make plays for everyone. Brandon Rush has less pressure to put points up as the 3rd-4th wing, which is best for him and he can come in and play stellar man-to-man, and Paul George comes in as the other 3rd-4th wing and gets quick steals and transition buckets.

Igoudala would make our offense much, much more balanced. Add in a stud power forward, trust in Roy to get out of his slump, and get a bench and we got a squad that we can trust in.

Collison/Price
Igoudala/Rush
Granger/George
Stud (Scola, West, Nene)/Hans
Hibbert/Player X

The development of Hibbert, Collison, and George are crucial in how far our success goes.. Oh yeah, and a new coach. All-in-all, Igoudala fits like a glove.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
With Danny already at SF and a developing Paul and a good shooter and defender in Brandon at SG, we don't need anymore wing men.

We really need to pay to have a decent PF.

Until Paul is ready, in other words two or three years down the road, we desperately need more production from the SG spot.. Rush is the posterchild for mediocrity in the starting line-up. Move him to the bench, and he's a very solid backup wing. Either Igoudala or Kevin Martin ridiculously boost our offense in an instant. We need someone that can create their own shot like a baby needs his/her mother.

Agreed about needing a good power forward.

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't think he's that overpaid, if you consider the league..

To me, he's a borderline all star. Very much like Granger. They aren't good as the focal point, but together they'd be very good.

Their skills fit, and they are both decently young, it'd be a nice pair to watch. Think about either a Granger/Iggy/PG wing rotation or Granger/Iggy/Rush rotation...name a better wing rotation in the league? (well okay, besides Miami..but even then..Granger and Iggy compliment each other far better than Wade and Lebron do.)

Then, really..do we think we can honestly get a better player than Iggy?

Im not sure who better we could get, but if that was our best option, the only way I would pull the trigger would be if they took some dead weight off our hands, and we didnt give up Granger/Roy/Paul/DC

I would also demand Speights as well

Its hard to speculate on who is available because every now and then we see lopsided trades

Sookie
01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Im not sure who better we could get, but if that was our best option, the only way I would pull the trigger would be if they took some dead weight off our hands, and we didnt give up Granger/Roy/Paul/DC

Its hard to speculate on who is available because every now and then we see lopsided trades

I'd give them one of PG or Rush..not both obviously. But I'd give them one. I'd probably demand they take TJ if we have to give them Paul though...:laugh:

Trophy
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Until Paul is ready, in other words two or three years down the road, we desperately need more production from the SG spot.. Rush is the posterchild for mediocrity in the starting line-up. Move him to the bench, and he's a very solid backup wing. Either Igoudala or Kevin Martin ridiculously boost our offense in an instant. We need someone that can create their own shot like a baby needs his/her mother.

Agreed about needing a good power forward.

Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of getting another star to play next to Danny and he and the team would definitely benefit from it.

I'm aiming for us to go after David West for a decent contract. So having Iggy's large contract here might be too much for us to be able to pay West.

90'sNBARocked
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I'd give them one of PG or Rush..not both obviously. But I'd give them one. I'd probably demand they take TJ if we have to give them Paul though...:laugh:

I know you would like to see TJ go, but AJ will get all the opportunity in the world next year

New coach(probably), and TJ will be gone

If Iggy had a more reasonable contract and we could get him for Rush/No1/ expiring, I would do that

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah I'm sorry but I'm not giving up Paul George. :)

Sookie
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I know you would like to see TJ go, but AJ will get all the opportunity in the world next year

New coach(probably), and TJ will be gone

If Iggy had a more reasonable contract and we could get him for Rush/No1/ expiring, I would do that

I think you're undervaluing Iggy a bit. But perhaps Rush #1 and an expiring would do..but I'd guess we'd have to give up Paul.

I'm okay with that. Honestly, I'm excited about Paul and his potential. But it's potential..and I don't know that he'll be better than Iggy. And even if he is, it'll be 5 years from now..which means we'll have wasted Granger's good years.

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah I'm sorry but I'm not giving up Paul George. :)

:iagree:

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh, my bad.

Earl Clark makes 1.9M.

NO NO! I was saying players YOU'D like to see the Pacers acquire from OTHER TEAMS. Like Speights from Philly, Iggy from Philly, Andy V. from Cleveland, etc. You don't have to put together a trade scenario just name some players who you think could be available that you'd like to see the Pacers trade for.

Portland needs a Big in hugh way with the injuries to Oden and Camby, but they are loaded with wings which isn't what the Pacers need.

I'd love to get Ibaka from OKC, but that will never happen. He's the x-factor that the Pacers need.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
I'd love to get Ibaka from OKC, but that will never happen. He's the x-factor that the Pacers need.

Me too. Size is somewhat of an issue, but his athleticism more than makes up for it. He has some nice polish and touch on offense.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM

The best thing Foster can do for the Pacers the rest of the season is to bring in a quality player in a trade. Now is DEFINATELY the time to trade him with his value high b4 he gets injured ... AGAIN. Strike while the hammer is hot.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Why pay Iggy $12M a year when you get about 75% of his abilities in Rush at $2M per year?

We have much bigger needs than adding an overpaid wing who will only makes us marginally better in the short run, likely harm us is the long run by hindering PG's development.

If I'm Larry Bird, I'm dangling Danny Granger right now for Favors or any other young PF with similar potential. Danny is 27 and regressing. Our other core pieces are 25 or younger and on the upswing. I would prefer to watch our talents peak together and maximize our team potential - cashing in on Danny's value now for a young big accomplishes that. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward. We would still have barrels of cap space and picks to add additional talent where and if needed. A young core of DC/Rush/PG/Favors/Hibbert with AJ/Lance/Hans off the bench could be dynamite in 3 years. Outside of OKC and maybe LAC, that's the best young core in the league hands down.

If for some reason one of those players/positions is not developing, we have all the assets and flexibility in the world to fill the hole with proven talent.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
The best thing Foster can do for the Pacers the rest of the season is to bring in a quality player in a trade. Now is DEFINATELY the time to trade him with his value high b4 he gets injured ... AGAIN. Strike while the hammer is hot.

Even as the Foster fan of this board, for the good of the team I agree.

As someone pointed out in another thread, bring him in on a 10 day contract next year and let him retire in peace here in Indy. I don't think we'll trade him though.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Ryan Anderson is starting to look like what Tyler Hansbrough was in college. Except shooting threes. I wouldn't mind Anderson,

Why give Jimmy another stretch 4 to play? Haven't we seen enough of that for 4 years?

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Why pay Iggy $12M a year when you get about 75% of his abilities in Rush at $2M per year?

We have much bigger needs than adding an overpaid wing who will only makes us marginally better in the short run, likely harm us is the long run by hindering PG's development.

If I'm Larry Bird, I'm dangling Danny Granger right now for Favors or any other young PF with similar potential. Danny is 27 and regressing. Our other core pieces are 25 or younger and on the upswing. I would prefer to watch our talents peak together and maximize our team potential - cashing in on Danny's value now for a young big accomplishes that. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward. We would still have barrels of cap space and picks to add additional talent where needed, but a young core of DC/Rush/PG/Favors/Hibbert with AJ/Lance/Hans off the bench could be dynamite in 3 years. Outside of OKC and maybe LAC, that's the best young core in the league hands down.

We get about 20% of Iggy out of Rush.. Iggy isn't a number one option and Philly's lack of talent is killing his confidence. Call me when Rush averages 5-6 assists. If we aren't going to trade Granger, go for Iggy or Martin and go after West or whoever as the power forward.

I agree, however, that it would be best if we traded Danny for the long run. Favors, their first, George, Collison, our first the next two years, Hansbrough, Hibbert, 40 million in cap space (Estimated) = Solid.

D-BONE
01-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Let's see Iguodala + Granger more complementary than Wade/Lebron and also a better defensive tandem? Wow.

Maybe the former. Doubt the latter. DG just doesn't play very good D. Yeah...he seemed more focused in on it for a while early, but I don't think the intensity is still at that level. Don't know if he can do it regularly.

PR07
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't get why some people are so enamored with Iguodala. He's a terrific defender, but he's by no means a great scorer. It seems like we have a similar player in Brandon Rush. Yes, he's probably not as good, but he's also a lot cheaper. Meanwhile, we have a huge hole at PF in general.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Let's see Iguodala + Granger more complementary than Wade/Lebron and also a better defensive tandem? Wow.

Maybe the former. Doubt the latter. DG just doesn't play very good D. Yeah...he seemed more focused in on it for a while early, but I don't think the intensity is still at that level. Don't know if he can do it regularly.

I have my doubts that Danny will keep it up, but at least admit that Danny, Igoudala, and Rush would be a hell of a defensive trio. The upside is that Danny could focus on defense more since Igoudala is on the team.

I think you underrate how good of a defender Andre is. If he was a playoff regular, he'd have a lot more respect. Did you catch the FIFA championships? He was amazing. I think he's a better defender than Wade. Granger has simply astounding defensive tools, and if we got a coach that preached defense than I think he'd simply put in more effort.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=BringJackBack;1140568]We get about 20% of Iggy out of Rush.. Iggy isn't a number one option and Philly's lack of talent is killing his confidence. Call me when Rush averages 5-6 assists. If we aren't going to trade Granger, go for Iggy or Martin and go after West or whoever as the power forward.

We could debate Iggy vs Rush for days, but regardless, the guy is vastly overpaid. His addition would eat a ton of cap, hinder PG's growth, and only add a few wins per season.

With the current CBA structure, teams can ill afford to make a bad deal. Adding a player you know is overpaid, unless he puts you over the top for a championship, is a bad idea.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2011, 11:21 PM

I'll 2nd that.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I have my doubts that Danny will keep it up, but at least admit that Danny, Igoudala, and Rush would be a hell of a defensive trio. The upside is that Danny could focus on defense more since Igoudala is on the team.

I think you underrate how good of a defender Andre is. If he was a playoff regular, he'd have a lot more respect. Did you catch the FIFA championships? He was amazing. I think he's a better defender than Wade. Granger has simply astounding defensive tools, and if we got a coach that preached defense than I think he'd simply put in more effort.

Danny is the face of the Pacers and done great things here, I'm a fan, but I'm also a realist and believe many overvalue his talent. Danny is likely the 3rd best player on a championship team. He's had statistics, but a lot of that is influenced by the fact that we have no other talent. There are plenty of 3rd option wing players in the NBA currently averaging 15-18pts on a playoff team who could come here, be the man, and average 25 pts a game. I measure talent based upon winning, plain and simple.

Stars win championships in this league, and guys like Paul George and Derrick Favors have that potential. Sometimes you have to roll the dice. Orlando did with Dwight Howard. Hell, even we did with JO.

xBulletproof
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM

Your numbers leave a lot out. 13.8 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.6 assists, 1.5 steals per. Who on the Pacers averages 5.6 assists per game? With the 6th best assist turnover ratio in the NBA as well. He's a healthy Brandon Roy type who can initiate the offense, and get to the rim. Roy was a better scorer, but Iguodala is a better defender. I would personally trade Granger for him straight up, but I believe Granger would benefit more than anyone if we got Iguodala and he remained here.

I have no clue what's overrated about him, and he only makes pennies more than Granger. His contract owe's him 44 million over the next 3 years, not 80. No clue where you got that number.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Your numbers leave a lot out. 13.8 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.6 assists, 1.5 steals per. Who on the Pacers averages 5.6 assists per game? With the 6th best assist turnover ratio in the NBA as well. He's a healthy Brandon Roy type who can initiate the offense, and get to the rim. Roy was a better scorer, but Iguodala is a better defender. I would personally trade Granger for him straight up, but I believe Granger would benefit more than anyone if we got Iguodala and he remained here.

I have no clue what's overrated about him, and he only makes pennies more than Granger. His contract owe's him 44 million over the next 3 years, not 80. No clue where you got that number.

Do you really believe a team led by Danny & Iggy can win a championship? I don't, not even close. Why let them eat your cap and hinder PG's growth for the next 5 years?

D-BONE
01-19-2011, 11:33 PM

Iguodala is a good player no question. Right now Rush only has on him superior 3 pt. Neither he nor Granger are at his level defensively. So if we have those three, who are we giving up again?

Anyway, I think he would improve the team to an extent, but where we really need help is inside.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Danny is the face of the Pacers and done great things here, I'm a fan, but I'm also a realist and believe many overvalue his talent. Danny is likely the 3rd best player on a championship team. He's had statistics, but a lot of that is influenced by the fact that we have no other talent. There are plenty of 3rd option wing players in the NBA currently averaging 15-18pts on a playoff team who could come here, be the man, and average 25 pts a game. I measure talent based upon winning, plain and simple.

Stars win championships in this league, and guys like Paul George and Derrick Favors have that potential. Sometimes you have to roll the dice. Orlando did with Dwight Howard. Hell, even we did with JO.

I agree 110%.. I'm not sure if you were trying to disagree with me or not.. but yeah. He's not going to win without a developed Roy, a developed Collison, a guy like Iggy or Martin, and a very good power forward. Don't forget George either everyone, he's going to be huge.

xBulletproof
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Do you really believe a team led by Danny & Iggy can win a championship? I don't, not even close. Why let them eat your cap and hinder PG's growth for the next 5 years?

At this point you're getting a few steps ahead of yourself worrying about that. You just continue to amass talent while avoiding bad contracts. Iguodala is a talent. Getting to be a contender from where we are is a process, and you don't avoid getting better just because it's not Kobe or Michael Jordan.

D-BONE
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM

Well, only if you can add Iguodala and then acquire two more significant inside pieces minimum.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I agree 110%.. I'm not sure if you were trying to disagree with me or not.. but yeah. He's not going to win without a developed Roy, a developed Collison, a guy like Iggy or Martin, and a very good power forward. Don't forget George either everyone, he's going to be huge.

Sorry, quoted the wrong post. We're on the same page.

D-BONE
01-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I get the Martin - Reggie similarities, but honestly, if it comes down to KM or AI, I'd rather take the hit in the 3pt shooting for the boost in D and all around production.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Iguodala is a good player no question. Right now Rush only has on him superior 3 pt. Neither he nor Granger are at his level defensively. So if we have those three, who are we giving up again?

Anyway, I think he would improve the team to an extent, but where we really need help is inside.

Not sure something along the lines of Mike, a first, and Hansbrough or something like that for Iggy. At this point I don't think that is a biased offer because last year Houston was just going to give them Tracy's expiring contract. If they wish for more, they can be our guest and look around, just not George, Hibbert, Collison, or Granger.

Agreed.. But we have enough cap space to take care of both positions. Igoudala plus a David West or Nene would be huge. Add a smart coach and we're ready to win back the fanbase.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Well, only if you can add Iguodala and then acquire two more significant inside pieces minimum.

I'm just more of the opinion that instead of having 4-5 grade B talents on your roster, you go after 1-2 grade A talents and surround them with the best you can. I believe we already have the supporting cast - Roy/Rush/Hans/DC. We just need the stars. PG & Lance could be one answer (they need PT though) and I believe Danny could net us another (Favors, maybe Love).

Always remember, stars win championships in the NBA. Always have, always will. It's not like the NFL where you have 22 starting and coaching is key.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure something along the lines of Mike, a first, and Hansbrough or something like that for Iggy. At this point I don't think that is a biased offer because last year Houston was just going to give them Tracy's expiring contract. If they wish for more, they can be our guest and look around, just not George, Hibbert, Collison, or Granger.

Agreed.. But we have enough cap space to take care of both positions. Igoudala plus a David West or Nene would be huge. Add a smart coach and we're ready to win back the fanbase.

True, we would win more games, but Nene/Granger/Iggy are never going to beat Miami or NYK (if they add Melo/Paul) in a 7 game series. We would face 5-6 years as a 4-5 seed and then be forced to rebuild.

Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm just of the opinion that if they can't possibly win a ring, blow it up and try again.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
True, we would win more games, but Nene/Granger/Iggy are never going to beat Miami or NYK (if they add Melo/Paul) in a 7 game series. We would face 5-6 years as a 4-5 seed and then be forced to rebuild.

Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm just of the opinion that if they can't possibly win a ring, blow it up and try again.

It's baby steps, my friend. Baby steps. Get to 50 wins, then explore options, sign a free agent, and make changes. Like Orlando did this year. Now they are solid.

Or what LA did to get Pau.

purdue101
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
It's baby steps, my friend. Baby steps. Get to 50 wins, then explore options, sign a free agent, and make changes. Like Orlando did this year. Now they are solid.

Or what LA did to get Pau.

True, but LA had Kobe in place as did Orlando with Dwight. They had their stars in place and added around them, which was my preference in the prior post. I'm not taking on $40M with Iggy/Nene/Danny until I know I have their Batman in place.