PDA

View Full Version : 12-6 over the next 18

kester99
01-19-2011, 05:43 AM
I've seen no one post anything looking farther down the road than the next 4 or 5 games.

Here's a convenient link to our schedule:

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers

I can see us going 12-6 over the next 18 games. If we do, we're back at .500 on Feb 23. I could see 11-7 maybe just as easily. If we do worse than that, it will be an indication to me that our development is falling below where it should be.

Even if we go 12-6, we'll probably fall below .500 immediately after, perhaps never to see it again, leading to a 38 or 39 win season....with playoffs vs Miami (as it would stand now).

It's a craps shoot, of course, trying to call this stuff in advance, but based on the schedule, and the way the Pacers are playing, that's the way I see it.

spazzxb
01-19-2011, 05:54 AM
I commented on the schedule getting easier a couple weeks ago, with a poll even. I welcome a positive thread though. I would post a prediction but I am off to bed, up to late studying Calculas.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60166

31andonly
01-19-2011, 05:54 AM
No way. We're not as good as many of us think...just my opinion.

I think the most optimistic outcome is 10 wins.

BKK
01-19-2011, 06:27 AM
I think 11 is really attainable IF we win the games we're supposed to win (GS, NJ twice, Tor, Cle, Cha, Min, Det, Wash, Mil) and split the series with Portland. Considering we'll lose one of this game and probably surprise one of the better teams (I think we may have a good shot vs a troubled Denver team and at home vs the everybody-hates-and-want-to-beat-them Heat) we should come close to that. Anyway this will be a very decisive and telling stretch for sure...

bellisimo
01-19-2011, 06:53 AM
if we could play like we did in November, 12-6 is realistic...however i think it'll be more along the lines of us getting 6-8 wins in this span. I just don't have the confidence in the team right now.

Bball
01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
6-12 is more like it. 4-14 wouldn't surprise me at all. 8-10 would be the upper range of what I'd expect. We have an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with winnable games on paper.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 08:15 AM
We've actually not been playing bad recently (besides CHI, but thats like facing ATL)... Hopefully you're right Kesty.

Merz
01-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm almost positive the Pacers will go 18-0...

but only if they outscore the other team every game

McKeyFan
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm almost positive the Pacers will go 18-0...

but only if they outscore the other team every game
Hater.

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Hater.

Lier :-p

Merz
01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Hater.

I guess I was being a little facetious...

but how about if they hold the other teams to less points? That could work.

McKeyFan
01-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Hater gonna hate. No point in trying to rationalize.

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Hater gonna hate. No point in trying to rationalize.

:laugh:

BRushWithDeath
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
If they win 9, I will be stunned.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 10:22 AM
no one knows what is going to happen. But the schedule is easier over the next 18 games or so than it was the past 18 games. The schedule in March is tough though

Trophy
01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
We're capable of winning the majority of the upcoming games.

The question is, will this team actually take advantage and play well the entire game?

We have winnable games on the road, but for whatever reason, this team cannot win in front of opposing fans.

The don't think the pride is there anymore when we were winning more on the road earlier in the year.

Aw Heck
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I'll believe they'll go 12-6 when Roy Hibbert shakes the cobwebs off and starts playing like he did in November. And when Danny Granger starts shooting well consistently. And when Jim O'Brien stops playing James Posey against All-Star big men. And when T.J. Ford can make layups....

....etc. Until then, any win is a pleasant surprise. I'm doubtful of them winning even against a lowly team like New Jersey.

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
If they win 9, I will be stunned.

I'll believe they'll go 12-6 when Roy Hibbert shakes the cobwebs off and starts playing like he did in November. And when Danny Granger starts shooting well consistently. And when Jim O'Brien stops playing James Posey against All-Star big men. And when T.J. Ford can make layups....

....etc. Until then, any win is a pleasant surprise. I'm doubtful of them winning even against a lowly team like New Jersey.

:haters:

kester99
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM

That's more like it. Defense wins games.

PacersPride
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Seems many are discouraged by the recent losses to the clipps and bulls. the bulls game was a good indicator to me this team is not as competitive as it needs to be, but Griffen going for almost 50 and we are still in that game late 4th I am able to accept.

If the pacers make the playoffs or go to the lottery im good with it. making the playoffs would be awesome, but the lottery is not so terrible either for one final time.

its enjoyable supporting a team that is headed in the right direction.

PaceBalls
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
It was the Clippers... not the Boston Celtics. Since when is almost beating the Clippers a moral victory?

This team is on a downward spiral, and at the heart of it is Roy Hibbert, and of course the coach. I don't see them winning more than 6 games, but who knows? Maybe we can see James shoot better than 50% on 1/3 of these games from 3ptland with 1 rebound 0 assists. What a difference maker.

Peck
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I think 11 is really attainable IF we win the games we're supposed to win (GS, NJ twice, Tor, Cle, Cha, Min, Det, Wash, Mil) and split the series with Portland. Considering we'll lose one of this game and probably surprise one of the better teams (I think we may have a good shot vs a troubled Denver team and at home vs the everybody-hates-and-want-to-beat-them Heat) we should come close to that. Anyway this will be a very decisive and telling stretch for sure...

Why in the world would we put the Bucks in a game we are supposed to win? They have totally destroyed us this year and I see no reason to believe that this will change. The Bobcats are vastly improved since Silas has taken over and we have split the series so far with the Wizards.

Trader Joe
01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
PLAYOFFS?!!? You guys wantin' to talk about PLAYOFFS?!??

Major Cold
01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
THis is the time where to debate happens. To tank or not to tank, that is the question.

I would say lets play the best players (which happens to be a mix of vets and youth) and wait to start AJ/Lance/PG/Tyler/Josh.

huber14
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I would say lets play the best players (which happens to be a mix of vets and youth) and wait to start AJ/Lance/PG/Tyler/Josh.

I am sure JOB will get right on that

Mr_Smith
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I see 11-7, but based on the way they've been playing, I'm surprised if they get over 5 wins during this stretch, and I'm not bullsh*tin'. But like I said in another post....this west coast trip will be the season killer as they have already dropped to 8th in the east. Usually its the first west coast trip after thanksgiving but the pacers flipped the script this time and now the collapse will happen now.

Major Cold
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I am sure JOB will get right on that

And he hasn't? Besides AJ and Lance, which young person is not getting playing time. And Josh not playing is more of playing small ball than someone getting minutes over him.

I can't stand seeing Posey play Amare and BlakeG, but its not like we have locked others up.

I Love P
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I just looked over the next 18 games and I'm usually pretty good at predicting Pacers' wins/losses. I came up with 8-10. Starting with a high scoring close loss tonight @ GSW.

Pacerfan
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Roy's a gametime decision tonight because of an upper respiratory infection
http://twitter.com/#!/conrad_brunner

spazzxb
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Roy's a gametime decision tonight because of an upper respiratory infection
http://twitter.com/#!/conrad_brunner Dang, we are very lucky Foster is healthy for the first time in a long time.

Pacerfan
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Hibbert (illness) questionable 2nite vs Warriors. McRoberts will start if Hibbert doesn't play.
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

Since86
01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
So he goes from DNP-CD to starting....again.

As much as I want Josh to play, this is getting absurd.

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Spaxx your post is too long, all I got to read was my name, the only thing I could say right now is to let it be and if you don't like what I have to say use the tool that is there to be use(the ignore button).

vnzla81
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
So he goes from DNP-CD to starting....again.

As much as I want Josh to play, this is getting absurd.

He might be starting but I don't think he is going to play more than 15 minutes, Foster and Solo are going to eat all those minutes.

spazzxb
01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Spaxx your post is too long, all I got to read was my name, the only thing I could say right now is to let it be and if you don't like what I have to say use the tool that is there to be use(the ignore button).

I have never ignored anyone and have no desire to do so.

spazzxb
01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
He might be starting but I don't think he is going to play more than 15 minutes, Foster and Solo are going to eat all those minutes.

I expect Foster to Start with Jones backing him up. Not endorseing it, but it seems to be the pecking order. I looked through the games since New york on the site Naptown seth poseted and there seems to be a pretty consistent rotation.

Obriens preferred 9 man rotation:
George
foster
Ford
Rush
Collison
Ganger
Hansborough
Dunleavy
Hibbert

10th man
Posey or Mcroberts depending on wether we go small ball. Posey replaces granger if we are small and Josh appears to be the backup traditional 4.

Centers
We have three players that only play center and Josh seems to be below all three in the pecking order:
1 Hibbert
2 Foster
3 Solo
4 Josh

clownskull
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
if we could play like we did in December, 12-6 is realistic...however i think it'll be more along the lines of us getting 6-8 wins in this span. I just don't have the confidence in the team right now.

yeh, me neither. after looking over those 18 games, i think unless roy gets back to what he was doing in november, we are gonna see about 6-8 wins (and it could be fewer than that) they have been 1-11 on the road since november. if this continues like it very well might, it could be a sub 30 win season we are looking at. sorry to say it but, i think the playoffs are toast already.
i do not see winning against other bad teams on the road as even decent odds anymore. we have been a .500 team at home so far and i definitely do not see any more surprise road wins like we saw earlier (although now- winning any road game is a surprise)

bellisimo
01-27-2011, 06:51 AM
already down 4 games...we might get our first win tomorrow against the Nets...but even that is not really a guarantee...

SMosley21
01-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah that 12-6 stuff is looking about as likely as us getting a top 5 seed in the playoffs.