PDA

View Full Version : Can we please just stop.....???

Pacersalltheway10
01-18-2011, 08:18 PM
.... discussing how bad roy has been lately. He hasn't even been bad for not even 1/4 of the season yet people are already giving up on him. This is becoming worse than the Jim O'Brien pandemic here a couple weeks ago.

"if he cant handle jim obriens critism he shouldnt be a decent nba player"--- Michael Jordon had depression early on then he won 6 championships......

Why are people so quick to judge.

pacer4ever
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
lol

imbtyler
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
.... discussing how bad roy has been lately. He hasn't even been bad for not even 1/4 of the season yet people are already giving up on him. This is becoming worse than the Jim O'Brien pandemic here a couple weeks ago.

"if he cant handle jim obriens critism he shouldnt be a decent nba player"--- Michael Jordon had depression early on then he won 6 championships......

Why are people so quick to judge.

Why'd you have to post this in a separate thread, instead of in the "trade Roy" thread?

Besides, I don't want to get rid of Roy. He's one of the best assets we have.

Pacersalltheway10
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Why'd you have to post this in a separate thread, instead of in the "trade Roy" thread?

Besides, I don't want to get rid of Roy. He's one of the best assets we have.

Same can be said for all of the other Roy threads.

Trophy
01-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I really wish we were still playing like we were in the beginning of the season.

It was a lot more of a happy and positive atmosphere on the board.

It kills me that we should/could be .500+ right now if the players were to play hard all 48 minutes of every game and Jim would stick to a young, solid and consistent rotation.

King Phoenix
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Your right things are getting rediculous. "Trade Danny, Trade Roy" how about we jus trade the Indiana pacers to another state and then everybody who's doing bad won't be around for us to see them do bad.

hoops_guy
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
There is a grand total of two Roy threads. You're overblowing it. I never said anything about trading Roy, I just said that I am getting sick of him playing like crap to our expense.

10.0 points, 7.0 rebounds on .395 shooting percentage for the past two months should really speak for itself. Apparently it doesn't.

I am not going to say anything else about Roy until he gets better because I really want him to succeed and at some point he'll get better, I hope.

Pacersalltheway10
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
It's not just the Roy threads . his name and struggling game of late has popped up in many threads lately.

hoops_guy
01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh. Well in that case it does get annoying.. But same goes for bashing Dunleavy and Posey in every thread (especially since Dunleavy has been one of our better players this season.)

xIndyFan
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I really wish we were still playing like we were in the beginning of the season.

It was a lot more of a happy and positive atmosphere on the board.

It kills me that we should/could be .500+ right now if the players were to play hard all 48 minutes of every game and Jim would stick to a young, solid and consistent rotation.

JOB does seem to be sticking with the same 8 man rotation plus paul george. darren, TJ, mike, brandon, danny, paul, tyler, jeff and roy. that's pretty young. so you may get your wish. as soon as guys start playing hard enough.

aaronb
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Your right things are getting rediculous. "Trade Danny, Trade Roy" how about we jus trade the Indiana pacers to another state and then everybody who's doing bad won't be around for us to see them do bad.

If trading guys and taking a step back, insures a brighter future. It's something we should at least entertain?

Sometimes a punt is the smartest play.

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
You have discussed have banned how bad roy is threads, in a how bad roy bad roy is thread, therefore this thread does not exist.

PacerDude
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
10.0 points, 7.0 rebounds on .395 shooting percentage for the past two months should really speak for itself. Apparently it doesn't..Even with those 2 months of 'suckage', Roy is still pretty much middle of the pack among centers in the league. In fewer minutes per game, he's scoring more than Marc Gasol & Okafor, rebounding more than Nene & Brook Lopez and blocks more shots per game than Horford & Nene.

It's his 3rd year in the league. Relax. As stated MANY times before - Smits was pretty bad in his first few years. It's a position that Roy has to learn how to play. Give him time to learn - or not to learn - and then we can criticize or praise him.

And he WANTS to learn. He WANTS to become better. Let him ................

vapacersfan
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey Roy :welcome:

:laugh:

Trophy
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
JOB does seem to be sticking with the same 8 man rotation plus paul george. darren, TJ, mike, brandon, danny, paul, tyler, jeff and roy. that's pretty young. so you may get your wish. as soon as guys start playing hard enough.

I'm happy he's going with more of that now, but I still don't like it that he brings in James Posey in the 3rd quarter or something if we're trailing by 10. He thinks we need shooters to get us back into the game.

Then he doesn't put Tyler back in for the rest of the game.

Other than that, the young guys need to start playing hard all 48 minutes of the game and every game.

This team is very inconsistent and can come out strong one game then the following game, they're clearly getting lazy.

DaveP63
01-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Not lazy. Frustrated. I think it's a situation where they become frustrated when the game situation changes for the worst and they are slow to (or don't) adapt.

I think Roy will be OK. He just needs a good game or two against a crap team to get his head right and he'll bounce out of it.

BKK
01-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope (and frankly he'd better) dominate GS frontcourt...

Trophy
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Not lazy. Frustrated. I think it's a situation where they become frustrated when the game situation changes for the worst and they are slow to (or don't) adapt.

I think Roy will be OK. He just needs a good game or two against a crap team to get his head right and he'll bounce out of it.

I actually agree with JOB giving him less time.

It'll motivate him to work harder and get back to himself.

naptownmenace
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Even with those 2 months of 'suckage', Roy is still pretty much middle of the pack among centers in the league. In fewer minutes per game, he's scoring more than Marc Gasol & Okafor, rebounding more than Nene & Brook Lopez and blocks more shots per game than Horford & Nene.

It's his 3rd year in the league. Relax. As stated MANY times before - Smits was pretty bad in his first few years. It's a position that Roy has to learn how to play. Give him time to learn - or not to learn - and then we can criticize or praise him.

And he WANTS to learn. He WANTS to become better. Let him ................

I just had to :bump: this.

Great points.