PDA

View Full Version : Any other ticket holders get the Pacers USB Gift today with personal site?

Trader Joe
01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
It's to try and get you renew, but there is some interesting stuff on here.

It gives you a personalized web site to go to.

There is a letter from Bird.

He acknowledges he is tired of losing and says that while he can't go into specifics he thinks we will get one, maybe two, players this offseason that will take us to the next level.

vapacersfan
01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I am not a STH, but I did get a packet from the team on Friday offering me season tickets.

I do not think it came with a USB, but it was a huge folder with a few mini pictures and a letter talking about ticket prices next year

Hibbert Laugh
01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
I am not a STH, but I did get a packet from the team on Friday offering me season tickets.

I do not think it came with a USB, but it was a huge folder with a few mini pictures and a letter talking about ticket prices next year

Would you mind sharing more about the letter regarding next year's ticket prices?

vapacersfan
01-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Would you mind sharing more about the letter regarding next year's ticket prices?

I am at work and I am afraid to say off the top of my head because I got my Redskins season ticket invoice the same day I got the letter from the Pacers.

I remember a thing in bold was something about "locking in" prices, but I think it would be better for a STH who has the packet in front of them to address it.

Dr. Awesome
01-18-2011, 02:14 PM
He acknowledges he is tired of losing and says that while he can't go into specifics he thinks we will get one, maybe two, players this offseason that will take us to the next level.

This is interesting for a couple of reasons.

For one, he sounds confident that he will be back next year(which I'm okay with so long as O'Brien isn't with with). It has been talked about whether or not he would return and from the sounds of it, he would at least like to.

Secondly, how does he know we will be able to acquire players? Has he been talking to teams? This offseason all our contracts would have expired, so maybe some team has told them they would let us absorb player a's salary or something this offseason. Iguadala maybe? I could speculate forever and we still wouldn't know, but interesting non the less.

Lastly, this player or players will supposedly take us to the next level. I wonder what that is in his mind...playoffs? Second round playoffs? Regardless, its leading us to believe that these are impact players - not Dahntay Jones/Solomon Jones players, which is good.

...or maybe its just all BS trying to get people to re-up their season tickets. :shrug:

imbtyler
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
...or maybe its just all BS trying to get people to re-up their season tickets. :shrug:

Quoted For Probability.

I think it's ridiculous that he's leading us on another "next season, next level" goose hunt. This offseason, we'll acquire great players? That should be the first indicator that this is probably hopeful chatter to promote season tickets.

If they want to make a difference and increase ticket sales, maybe they should make moves before the deadline instead, and take it to the next level now, and beyond next year.

There's potential in this every ounce of this team (except coach), but we are too afraid to harness it. :gopacers:

vapacersfan
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/103/1/AAAAAjIgV7EAAAAAAQMYSw.png?v=1211049680000

BillS
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Heh. They seem to have funked up the data load for our seats. They don't have the seat information for my current seats, and they have my wife listed as my account rep.

Woohoo, free seats here I come! :woohoo:

Roaming Gnome
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I got it today... Seems like they want the :green:commitment:green: earlier & earlier every year. :sigh: This year, they want the "commitment by the 15th of Feb. :unimpress

Speed
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM

Bet it's not Luke Walton or Ryan Anderson. :)

Kegboy
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
There is a letter from Bird.

He acknowledges he is tired of losing and says that while he can't go into specifics he thinks we will get one, maybe two, coaches this offseason that will take us to the next level.

Oh, if only this were fixed.

pacer4ever
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
i got that letter 2 it was intersting

BringJackBack
01-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Did he give a "wink wink" in the letter regarding not re-signing Jim?

vnzla81
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Of course he will get one or two players in the offseason, they have two picks this year.

Hicks
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I got it today... Seems like they want the :green:commitment:green: earlier & earlier every year. :sigh: This year, they want the "commitment by the 15th of Feb. :unimpress

Before the record gets any worse.... and before the trade deadline confirms we aren't making a move ....

vnzla81
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Before the record gets any worse.... and before the trade deadline confirms we aren't making a move ....

Or we get another last second trade rumor with the Bobcats.

RobfromPacers
01-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Heh. They seem to have funked up the data load for our seats. They don't have the seat information for my current seats, and they have my wife listed as my account rep.

Woohoo, free seats here I come! :woohoo:

Could you email me your account ID to rlaycock at pacers dot com? I will work w/ our service team to get your information corrected.

Thanks,
Rob

RobfromPacers
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
As mentioned, Pacers Blue & Gold Elite Members should have received a box in the mail today that includes a 1 GB USB Drive. Be sure to go to the web site saved to the USB so you can confirm two complimentary tickets to an upcoming game. After submitting your ticket request, you will be directed to your personalized web site that included details on 2011-12 season tickets and 2011 playoffs.

If you did not receive the USB or if there are any issues, then be sure to contact your ticket service representative (info below) so s/he can find a solution.

Phone - (317) 917-2525
Email - pacerselite at pacers dot com
Live Chat - http://bit.ly/fFI71D
Twitter - @PacersElite

Thanks,
Rob

xIndyFan
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
i got mine and renewed. :dance:

grace
01-18-2011, 07:11 PM

They want your money in their bank so they can get the interest during the lockout.

Call your ticket rep and tell him you'll reup when they fire JOB. It's the only way he'll get fired this year.

SMosley21
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
No way in hell I'm renewing by February 15th. I'll renew when I see Jim O'Brien gone, point blank. The incentive for renewing within the next week is a free bobblehead set (that they currently are selling for $30). Some incentive :rolleyes:

MagicRat
01-19-2011, 08:44 AM
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/pacersusbcover.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/pacersusbinside.jpg

tsm612
01-19-2011, 08:53 AM
No way in hell I'm renewing by February 15th. I'll renew when I see Jim O'Brien gone, point blank. The incentive for renewing within the next week is a free bobblehead set (that they currently are selling for $30). Some incentive :rolleyes:

Where can you find the bobble head set for $30? I can't find it online. Are they selling it at homecourt?

BRushWithDeath
01-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I got a legit chuckle from "Playoff Priority" being a selling point.

graphic-er
01-19-2011, 09:22 AM
We got this yesterday. We'd actually like to upgrade our seats to the club level next season but man are those tickets expensive. $72 a game for early renewal. That's triple what we pay in the Balcony. I noticed the Fedex Fan zone area is in the $50 range. But those look to be some of the most terrible seats in the building. Anybody sit there on a regular basis?

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Where can you find the bobble head set for $30? I can't find it online. Are they selling it at homecourt?

I should have clarified. They're selling the set to current season ticket holders for $30. STHs can only purchase 1 set though. Other than that, you have to buy select tickets for Friday night games that include a bobblehead of the designated player for that game.

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
We got this yesterday. We'd actually like to upgrade our seats to the club level next season but man are those tickets expensive. $72 a game for early renewal. That's triple what we pay in the Balcony. I noticed the Fedex Fan zone area is in the $50 range. But those look to be some of the most terrible seats in the building. Anybody sit there on a regular basis?

The early renewal price doesn't apply if when you renewed for this season, you locked in for 2 years at that price. Still pretty pricey for balcony seats though. I thought about going in the $22 seats in section 1, but that's an extra $6 per game and over the course of 44 games that's $264. I'm not too keen on spending over $1,000 for those seats in the upper level of section 1.

BillS
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM

My front row corner Club level seats are still in the $58 range, but you can't have them :)

huber14
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
anyone interested in selling their free tickets?

Since86
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
My front row corner Club level seats are still in the $58 range, but you can't have them :)

We sat right below you during the Mavs game last week. I was gonna yell up, but I thought you might throw your drink at me.

As far as sightline goes, are there really any "bad" seats in the place?

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
anyone interested in selling their free tickets?

No one will have the tickets, or know where the seats are until Feb. 25th at the earliest. There were 6 different games to choose from and after selecting your game there is a message that says you will be contacted by your ticket rep when the seats are available in your account manager.

On a related note, I've got 2 tickets in section 208, row 5 to the Heat game on Feb. 15th for sale if you're interested.

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
No one will have the tickets, or know where the seats are until Feb. 25th at the earliest. There were 6 different games to choose from and after selecting your game there is a message that says you will be contacted by your ticket rep when the seats are available in your account manager.

On a related note, I've got 2 tickets in section 208, row 5 to the Heat game on Feb. 15th for sale if you're interested.

those your regular seats??

if so, you sit just behind me. :laugh:

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
those your regular seats??

if so, you sit just behind me. :laugh:

Yeah, my buddy and I are row 5, seats 10 & 11, we've got that glass in front of us. Do you sit in that handicap accessible section?

BillS
01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
We sat right below you during the Mavs game last week. I was gonna yell up, but I thought you might throw your drink at me.

As far as sightline goes, are there really any "bad" seats in the place?

Not in my mind. I sat in the nosebleeds for the opening night of the Fieldhouse and have pretty much been at every level over the years.

The only "bad" sightlines are if there is an aisle between you and the court. Then you have folks wandering up and down (especially at the beginning/end of quarters) not realizing some people are trying to watch the game. That's why we moved from our Lower Bowl seats in Section 3 to the Club seats we have now.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
The only "bad" sightlines are if there is an aisle between you and the court. Then you have folks wandering up and down (especially at the beginning/end of quarters) not realizing some people are trying to watch the game. That's why we moved from our Lower Bowl seats in Section 3 to the Club seats we have now.

Oh I hate that also. I always ask for no aisle seats - in fact I love sitting in the middle of the aisle, that way no one walks in front of you in your row either.

Trader Joe
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I like aisle seats. I guess I just don't care to climb over people going in or getting up to use the restroom.

I never noticed being blocked by people walking as a big issue.

BillS
01-19-2011, 02:24 PM
I like aisle seats. I guess I just don't care to climb over people going in or getting up to use the restroom.

Depends on whether the aisle is between you and the action on the court. On the sides, it isn't an issue as much because it tends not to block the whole thing. As you get to the corners (where I tend to like to be) and down low, it gets more of a problem.

That's why our current tickets are front row Club behind the glass. We have to get up for the clueless corporate seats beside us more often than I would like, but for the most part we're in great shape.

Unclebuck
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM

I would rather climb over people to get to the restroom than have somsone else climb over me 10 times a game. Besides I rarely get up except at halftime

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Not in my mind. I sat in the nosebleeds for the opening night of the Fieldhouse and have pretty much been at every level over the years.

I agree for the most part, but there is a small section of the lower bowl that has a terrible angle that nothing can be done about. The corner sections in the lower bowl (8 & 13) don't offer the best view if your sight line is higher than the backboard. It isn't even a bad angle to see what's happening on the court, just near the goal it's hard to see if a shot comes off because of the corner of the backboard. Pretty minimal complaint really. Other than that I would agree that there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah, my buddy and I are row 5, seats 10 & 11, we've got that glass in front of us. Do you sit in that handicap accessible section?

yes, seats 17 & 18

graphic-er
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Depends on whether the aisle is between you and the action on the court. On the sides, it isn't an issue as much because it tends not to block the whole thing. As you get to the corners (where I tend to like to be) and down low, it gets more of a problem.

That's why our current tickets are front row Club behind the glass. We have to get up for the clueless corporate seats beside us more often than I would like, but for the most part we're in great shape.

What section are you in BillS? If I can upgrade to the club level for in the $50-60 range, I'd have to seriously consider it. Is it right next to the Legends?

joeyd
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Sitting on the aisle also plays havoc for folks that like to take a lot of pictures. On the one hand, you have the people in the aisle, and on the other, the people climbing over you to get into the aisle.

I am going to try to upgrade to the lower level in one of the corners if I can find another couple to split the season tickets with. Otherwise, back to the balcony, where I really can't complain, as we have a nice view away from the aisle.

BillS
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
What section are you in BillS? If I can upgrade to the club level for in the $50-60 range, I'd have to seriously consider it. Is it right next to the Legends?

Section 113.

pristinecollector
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I should have clarified. They're selling the set to current season ticket holders for $30. STHs can only purchase 1 set though. Other than that, you have to buy select tickets for Friday night games that include a bobblehead of the designated player for that game.

Milking the STH'ers...lol. Other stadiums give each ticket holder for that game a bobblehead, and don't make them purchae "special" tickets. They don't charge current STH'ers $30 bucks either. What have the Pacers given away this year, a poster and a Fuzzy Z. fan? Come on Pacers.

SMosley21
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Milking the STH'ers...lol. Other stadiums give each ticket holder for that game a bobblehead, and don't make them purchae "special" tickets. They don't charge current STH'ers $30 bucks either. What have the Pacers given away this year, a poster and a Fuzzy Z. fan? Come on Pacers.

yeah that was my complaint in the bobblehead thread. They have some terrible game night giveaways. In the 3 years I've been a STH, I can't recall 1 giveaway that I was really excited about.

MagicRat
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM

This was a horrible, horrible problem at MSA.......

graphic-er
01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
yeah that was my complaint in the bobblehead thread. They have some terrible game night giveaways. In the 3 years I've been a STH, I can't recall 1 giveaway that I was really excited about.

The best give away we have gotten so far is the re-usable Pacers shopping bags. We have 3 of them, and man do they come in handy. That is if you dont' like stockpiling plastic grocery bags like we have over the year. Those re-usable bags are awesome.

huber14
01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
The best give away we have gotten so far is the re-usable Pacers shopping bags. We have 3 of them, and man do they come in handy. That is if you dont' like stockpiling plastic grocery bags like we have over the year. Those re-usable bags are awesome.

and contain lead paint! :dance:

luis3ep
01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
just got mine today. will probably renew.. got a really good deal for my club level seats and there is an option to do it in 10 months.. i can easily do that.