PDA

View Full Version : BleacherReport: Best/Worst Moves of all 30 Teams (DC, PG)

imbtyler
01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
[link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/574459-nba-power-rankings-grading-every-teams-best-and-worst-pickups-thus-far/page/12)]

Indiana Pacers
Best Move

Adding Darren Collison via trade was a fantastic move by the Pacers. Anytime you add a guy that was a key member of three straight Final Four teams, it is a good thing.

Collison gives the Pacers a solid starting point guard that can manage a game.

Worst Move

Drafting Paul George has been disastrous. George was the 10th overall pick and he has done little to help the Pacers this year. He has played in just 16 games this season averaging just under six points per game.

It is a bigger shame when you realize they could have had guys like Xavier Henry, Quincey Pondexter, Joe Crawford, or even Landry Fields. All of whom are better than George so far.

1. I realize that this "article" is mostly just the mostly-ignorant and quickly-scribed thoughts of a "web reporter." Basically what Ross Coleman (http://bleacherreport.com/users/337775-ross-coleman) did was pick the best and worst newly- or re-acquired players from each team and explain how unproductive they've been. A pretty cheap job that most people I know could do in their sleep. Especially since he thought Jordan Crawford was Joe C. (peep the quote), and he thought Henry, Pondexter, Crawford, and Fields were all draft-worthy at the tenth pick, which is (a) completely irresponsible to mention when all evidence is only relevant in hindsight, and (b) doesn't make sense as Pondexter and Crawford were late-firsts and Fields was a Rudy Fernandez-esque sleeper in the early second. No one would have picked any of those other guys at ten.

2. Is this what an outside viewpoint sounds like? Darren Collison is a savior and Paul George was another lottery mistake? This is what shows this reporter isn't doing very deep research. Obviously, we understand that, due to the coach and whatever other issues, Paul hasn't been given the ultimate chance that some other rookies have already been given this season; Ekpe Udoh (198) is the only top-10 rookie who has been given less minutes than Paul (251), and Cole Aldrich (55) and Patrick Patterson (177) are the only other players in the top-15 with less.

3. I wouldn't have posted this, but the last line was not justifiable. Paul George's potential is higher than Pondexter, to say the least, but to call his drafting "disastrous" doesn't make sense. As I stated, the research in this article had to have been minimal, as it can be seen that, in the time when he has been given a chance, George has shown out quite well (vs. the Wizards, Mavericks) and shown that he's bound to be a huge star. This doesn't reflect in his per-game stats because (once again, for the cheap seats) the rotation and coaching isn't designed around George, nor is it designed to accommodate him.

What say you, Ross Coleman?

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 12:12 PM
It is a bigger shame when you realize they could have had guys like Xavier Henry, Quincey Pondexter, Joe Crawford, or even Landry Fields. All of whom are better than George so far

WTF? is this guy watching the same NBA?

BKK
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Man I see your point but really don't get too concerned by this... Pure Bleacher Report BS

cgg
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
It's from bleacherreport. You don't have to explain why its retarded. It's already assumed.

90'sNBARocked
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
To save you some time my friend, any article coming from Bleacher Report is treated here about the same way we would treat Jim O'Brien if he showed up unannounced at a housewarming party

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Ahhh you got your avatar! I likes!

Trophy
01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
It makes me laugh how people don't think before they talk.

Clearly this writer has no idea what they're talking about.

Who the hell is Joe Crawford? Paul is better than anyone on that list anyway.

Can't wait for PG to prove people wrong.

xBulletproof
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
If drafting Paul George was the worst move of the offseason, we're on the right track. That's for sure.

Silly.

PaulGeorge24
01-19-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.sheep.physicsisbroken.com/Facepalm.jpg

McKeyFan
01-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Reminds me of the opposing announcers on TV (who I listen to in order to avoid Quinn). They say all kinds of BS about the Pacers, just making stuff up. But they don't get caught because only about 100 members of Pacers Digest would know better.

travmil
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
If the "writer" thinks drafting PG was bad what does he think about making a draft night trade for a guy who didn't even make the team?

imawhat
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
If drafting Paul George is your worst move, you've made some great moves.

BillS
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
If the "writer" thinks drafting PG was bad what does he think about making a draft night trade for a guy who didn't even make the team?

:rolleyes:

DGPR
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Who did we trade in order to bring in Magnum Rolle? I can't even remember the guy's name he's so irrelevent.

travmil
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I think both you and mr rolleyes up there missed my point entirely. I was calling the writer a hack, not complaining about the trade that brought in Magnum. My point being that if he thought getting PG was bad why wouldn't he mention that?

BillS
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
I think both you and mr rolleyes up there missed my point entirely. I was calling the writer a hack, not complaining about the trade that brought in Magnum. My point being that if he thought getting PG was bad why wouldn't he mention that?

Because it wasn't a bad move by even his stretch of the imagination?

travmil
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I guess that's possible. But I'll stand by my opinion that he's a hack with no journalism skills of any kind.

LA_Confidential
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I certainly hope we bring back magnum next season. Too bad about the knee.

xIndyFan
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I guess that's possible. But I'll stand by my opinion that he's a hack with no journalism skills of any kind.

mike wells ???:-p

Natston
01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
:birdobrien: