PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Rolle?

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Any update on this guy? Last I heard the Red Claws released him due to injury, but still had rights to him. He has got to be near healthy, and I think he could have produced for us this year (way better than posey at the 4). But when I look for info about him, nothing new.Whats up?

I Love P
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Never really understood what everyone's obsession was with this guy. People on this board drool over Magnum Rolle, what did he do? What has he done on the court? Only thing I can think he did well was Tweet.

sportfireman
01-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I haven't heard anything but I hope we can and do pick him up in the off season when our expirings expire.

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Watch out for the pacer police, we are not suppose to start threads discussing anyone with less than All Star capabilities on this board any longer.

sportfireman
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Well Magnum was a Pacer so there shouldn't be any problems with him being discussed. I'd much rather discuss him than some of the things that get discussed here sometimes.

BornReady#6
Well Magnum was a Pacer so there shouldn't be any problems with him being discussed. I'd much rather discuss him than some of the things that get discussed here sometimes.

:buddies: Touche!

I Love P
Watch out for the pacer police, we are not suppose to start threads discussing anyone with less than All Star capabilities on this board any longer.

You like bad players.

I Love P
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
:buddies: Touche!

He's talking to you. Haha. Funny.

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
You like bad players.

I know, so bad they play in the NBA. Man they suck, I ll drop them and be your fan, oooo you dont play in the NBA, sorry, nevermind.

I Love P
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I know, so bad they play in the NBA. Man they suck, I ll drop them and be your fan, oooo you dont play in the NBA, sorry, nevermind.

Yea, Solomon Jones is a beast.

IUfan4life
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I feel like solo wouldn't even be good at slamball

jcouts
01-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I liked Magnum's ability to finish strong in traffic, whether he was off balance or not. Even when hands were up around the rim, he seemed to have a knack for finding a way to get the ball around them and through the hoop on his dunks.

He was still very raw but that was a skill of his that I thought translated well to the NBA...in particular with the Pacers where outside of McRoberts and Dahntay, we don't have much in the way of strong finishers.

Anthem
01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Never really understood what everyone's obsession was with this guy.
The dude's name was Magnum Rolle. How can you not love that?

Marlin
01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Well, the knee injury he suffered was supposed to keep him out indefinitely. I don't have any details, but usually that's not for minor injuries...this was "only" two months ago, I'm not sure he's healthy or close to it.

El Pacero
01-19-2011, 02:03 AM
He had some good looks during summer league, had a great personality in person and on the twitter, and for some unknown reason is still following the twitterholic El Pacero. And it was pretty much him vs Solo... I'm biased, but still rooting for the guy 110%.

Sookie
01-19-2011, 02:07 AM
poor kid. I'm not sure what his injury was, but I hope he rehabs and gets another shot.

Eleazar
01-19-2011, 04:05 AM
poor kid. I'm not sure what his injury was, but I hope he rehabs and gets another shot.

I hope so too, but if I remember correctly his injury wasn't one that you just come back from but rather one that will hinder his ability to play.

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I still like him over Solo.

Professor S
01-19-2011, 09:08 AM
I follow him on Twitter and have actually had a conversation with him through various forms of social media (mainly I play Words With Friends against him on the iPhone). Unfortunately, he just started walking again on or around January 3rd. So his road to recovery is going to be a long one. I hope he can make it back to full strength. I'd love to see a player with his passion in a Pacers uniform.

PacerGuy
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I follow him on Twitter and have actually had a conversation with him through various forms of social media (mainly I play Words With Friends against him on the iPhone). Unfortunately, he just started walking again on or around January 3rd. So his road to recovery is going to be a long one. I hope he can make it back to full strength. I'd love to see a player with his passion in a Pacers uniform.

Can you give us any details on the injury itself? ACL, MCL, both, patella...?
Never really did hear anything, just know it was not good.

Tell him to work hard & keep his head up. A likely lockout will give him more time to recover & if he works hard & stays positive, he will get a 2nd chance. Heck, tell him to register here & post if he can't do much. He made a lot of fans is a short time here. Some encouragement could help his spirits.

pacergod2
01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I love the upside on the kid's work ethic. He is a kid that I think understands how to work hard. That is as important as any other quality in the NBA. The kid has a nice mid-range jump shot and is very long and athletic. He blocks shots well. The one thing I would love to see him work hard on is the pick and roll. And not just because there could be some great names used with it, Pick and Rolle, Magnum! The kid seems to have a great personality and doesn't seem to take things for granted. This is the kind of person that is easy to like as a fan base. I want to see him succeed. The timing of his injury may be a blessing. He can be back to playing basketball by the summer. This kid probably wouldn't play a whole lot for us next year regardless of his health. It may be a great idea to sign him to a long, non-guaranteed minimum contract as a non-active player. That way we could harbor his rehabilitation and see what his potential can be for next to nothing. It never hurts to have extra bigs on a team.

I'm not saying this kid will be an All-Star, but if he works like one, he could be a solid rotational player for us with very little downside.

Trader Joe
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
He blew out his knee, four months ago, how do you figure he is probably near healthy?

Professor S
01-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Can you give us any details on the injury itself? ACL, MCL, both, patella...?
Never really did hear anything, just know it was not good.

Tell him to work hard & keep his head up. A likely lockout will give him more time to recover & if he works hard & stays positive, he will get a 2nd chance. Heck, tell him to register here & post if he can't do much. He made a lot of fans is a short time here. Some encouragement could help his spirits.

I didn't get that in depth with him so I don't know the true nature of his injury. But I did wish him the best of luck with recovery, told him to keep his head up, and that there are plenty of people that hope to see him in a Pacers jersey next year.

If I do hear any more I'll report back. I'm rooting for him.

LA_Confidential
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Never really understood what everyone's obsession was with this guy. People on this board drool over Magnum Rolle, what did he do? What has he done on the court? Only thing I can think he did well was Tweet.

The kid is Super athletic. Picture Tyrus Thomas without the baggage. I sure as hell hope Magnum ends up on the roster next year.