PDA

View Full Version : Questions about some current international players

BornReady#6
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
So after discussing Jan Vesely the other day, it seems that we have a few international experts here on the board, so I would like any insight any of you all may have on the following players, and their NBA futures;

Timofey Mozgov:

Semih Erden:

Omer Asik:

Christian Eyenga:

Jonas Jerebko:

Pape Sy (Is he really a pg?):

Kevin Seraphin:

Omri Casspi:

Goran Dragic:

Marcin Gortat:

Nikola Pekovic:

Tiago Splitter:

Alexis Ajinca:

Rodrigue Beaubois:

Ian Mahinmi:

Pacerfan
01-17-2011, 10:29 PM
This thread reminded me about Erazem Lorbek.

Looked him up on wikipedia and this interested me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erazem_Lorbek#cite_note-3
On August 18, 2009 he was transferred to Liga ACB club FC Barcelona for an undisclosed fee.[3] He signed a three-year contract with the possibility to leave and join NBA after his second year

This was the link cited as the source:
^ "Lorbek firma con el Regal FC Barcelona por tres aņos". as.com. 2009-08-18.

That would be this coming up summer. He's one of the top power forwards over there. He's 26 so he would fit in well as the "veteran" PF we're searching for but is still within age of the core. If anyone has seen him... how well would his game transfer to the nba? Could he help the Pacers next year?

MaxDems
01-18-2011, 07:53 AM
What I think about the french players I know :

Kevin Seraphin : I'm mixed about him. He was a beast in France but he's too small to play C in nba, he really needs to improve his perimeter shooting in order to play PF.

Alexis Ajinca : In France he has the bad reputation to be very soft (like Petro). He's tall but just take long shoots and he's not solid enough to defend inside. To me, he doesn't have the level to play in nba.

Rodrigue Beaubois : Very talented SG, he defend well and can scores a lot. The only problem is his size, he's a bit small to play SG, especially in defense. Still I'm confident about him.

Ian Mahinmi : He's older than the previous players (24yo) and I don't think he will improve so much now. Still, he's a good rotation at Center and can play in nba.

You can also add Nicolas Batum to your list, he's just 22yo. Some people say he's a future all star, well ... I don't know but he'll be a solid starter for sure. He can do everything with a ball !

ballism
01-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't love any of them. Splitter could have been a star, but he stayed in Spain 5 years too long. Everyone else on that list seems mehh. Beaubois, Casspi, Dragic and a couple others have potential, sure, but most likely scenario? Carreer 6-7th men. Wouldn't give a lottery pick for any of them. The Euro guys in this year's draft seem much more promising.

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
What I think about the french players I know :

Kevin Seraphin : I'm mixed about him. He was a beast in France but he's too small to play C in nba, he really needs to improve his perimeter shooting in order to play PF.

Alexis Ajinca : In France he has the bad reputation to be very soft (like Petro). He's tall but just take long shoots and he's not solid enough to defend inside. To me, he doesn't have the level to play in nba.

Rodrigue Beaubois : Very talented SG, he defend well and can scores a lot. The only problem is his size, he's a bit small to play SG, especially in defense. Still I'm confident about him.

Ian Mahinmi : He's older than the previous players (24yo) and I don't think he will improve so much now. Still, he's a good rotation at Center and can play in nba.

You can also add Nicolas Batum to your list, he's just 22yo. Some people say he's a future all star, well ... I don't know but he'll be a solid starter for sure. He can do everything with a ball !

Thnx man! I would have put Batum, but I already know about him, I was just wanting some insight on the unknowns, thnx!

BornReady#6
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
This thread reminded me about Erazem Lorbek.

Looked him up on wikipedia and this interested me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erazem_Lorbek#cite_note-3
On August 18, 2009 he was transferred to Liga ACB club FC Barcelona for an undisclosed fee.[3] He signed a three-year contract with the possibility to leave and join NBA after his second year

This was the link cited as the source:
^ "Lorbek firma con el Regal FC Barcelona por tres aņos". as.com. 2009-08-18.

That would be this coming up summer. He's one of the top power forwards over there. He's 26 so he would fit in well as the "veteran" PF we're searching for but is still within age of the core. If anyone has seen him... how well would his game transfer to the nba? Could he help the Pacers next year?

Oh yeah forgot about this guy, here are his FIBA stats: here (http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.teamID_2154.compID_UIfg jyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2004.roundID_3880.playerID_35190 .html),not a bad looking prospect, and mature. Maybe we should at least bring him over and give him a shot, if anything we can assign him to the Dleague.

But then seen this http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=BWL and it doesnt seem like he is doing much in the Spainish league, and seems like he is getting older, and more of a 6th man role. He is a good 3point shooter, but doesnt rebound much, but he balls in FIBA.