PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine has a fire in his belly

Hicks
02-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Promises

Jermaine O'Neal tried to work off his lingering frustration over a 6-of-20 shooting night in Tuesday's 97-90 loss at New York by staying late and putting up some extra shots after practice Thursday.

Upset with himself for not playing well despite coming back quicker than expected from a neck injury he suffered last Saturday against Boston, O'Neal was emphatic about the immediate future.

"I'm sending a message to my team, the organization and to the city that I'm ready to play once I put the uniform on," O'Neal said. "You can be hurt all you want or come in the game banged up, but if you say 'I'm ready,' you're telling everybody you're ready and you have to go out there and produce. And I didn't play well on either end of the floor.

"But I promise it won't happen (tonight) in Toronto."

:rock:

ABADays
02-06-2004, 09:17 AM
ROLAIDS!

able
02-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Hmmmm interesting, my first thoughts this morning when i read the piece on Indystar was that the last time he promised something like that was when he started the play offs last year, where he had "failed" the year before, he came up big then, unlike some who make such promises.

I have every faith JO will be dominating tonight the likes of which we have not yet seen this year, something must have "upset" him :D

:stupid:

BigMac
02-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Hmmmm interesting, my first thoughts this morning when i read the piece on Indystar was that the last time he promised something like that was when he started the play offs last year, where he had "failed" the year before, he came up big then, unlike some who make such promises.

I have every faith JO will be dominating tonight the likes of which we have not yet seen this year, something must have "upset" him :D

:stupid:

Well said.

On the second topic: Wouldn't it be awesome if he was upset losing to Isiah and took him coming into the locker room as a way of gloating?
Even if that's not it, it is nice to see.