PDA

View Full Version : PD recreational basketball - Thursdays 8pm NE side

PacersPride
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Anyone interested in playing ball on Thursdays at 8 pm on NE side are welcome.

Crossroads Bible College

601 N. Shortridge Rd.

Indianapolis, IN 46219

http://www.crossroads.edu/

The gym is nice and not sure the cost, maybe only 3 bucks. I know of 5 players already and others have expressed interest. If you can play this week please leave a message here so we can get a player count.

Any questions please let me know.

Pacers4Life
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm down to play. Meaning yes I'll be there

croz24
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
i'd say that's a lot more east than northeast. fishers is northeast imo and this place is 25mins south of fishers.

PacersPride
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
i'd say that's a lot more east than northeast. fishers is northeast imo and this place is 25mins south of fishers.

The location is very close to 465 and therefore very accessible. From Fishers you could easily be there in 15 with no traffic at 8pm on Thurs evening. 465 makes it a very convenient commute for many.

I reside in NE Indy near Pendleton; its 25 minutes for me.

pujhutt50
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
What level of competition are we talking about?

pujhutt50
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
What type of competition are we talking about?

PacersPride
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
What level of competition are we talking about?

Sorry missed your question. I want to open it up to as many as possible, but the guys i know are competitive. majority HS talent and some college level.

Age range from 21-35 with experience playing the game either recreationally or in HS/College. Hope that helps. Ive played in the Fieldhouse at Fishers and I would say a notch or two below that level. thats with refs, scoreboard, and league pay.

Robertmto
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I can probably have 4 or 5 there

PacersPride
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
We have 10-12 players for Thursday. If anyone else is interested your welcome to play.

pujhutt50
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm very interested in playing, I'll admit that it has been a few months since I have last played so I will probably be a little out of shape. I played high school ball and intramural ball at Purdue.

I should be there this Thursday.

PacersPride
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
I can probably have 4 or 5 there

Looks like we will need you to bring some players. would approximate we will have 8 at this time not including your group.

Woulda guessed more on here would hae wanted to play? Lets run on thursday and see how it goes. hopefully we get about 12-15.

Thanks!

pujhutt50
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Is it pretty easy to tell where to park and where the gym is?

Robertmto
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
i positively have 3, most likely 6

Pacers4Life
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I still plan on showing up tonight fellas. get ready

Pacerblue
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I can play next week but this week I work. This sounds like fun

PacersPride
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Is it pretty easy to tell where to park and where the gym is?

Should be very easy. You will notice Crossroads Bible church and then its on the side. Look for the cars.

Send me a PM with your number and I can give you a call to make sure you find it. I will send you my number is well to simplify.

PacersPride
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
All, considering cancelling due to the roads today. I will provide an update around 5-6 so please check back before leaving tonight. Let me know if it will be an issue for you to make it due too snow.

Thank you

pujhutt50
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
No issue here, PM sent.

PacersPride
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
quick update:

we have 6 players confirmed are willing to drive tonight. if Robertmto goes with 3 we will have 10. possibly more as well.

maybe Robertmto can update us today. person opening the gym will be there, his name is Jeremi.

brkyrd
01-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Im good to play, I only live 5 min from the place

Robertmto
01-20-2011, 05:52 PM
i have a guranteed 5

PacersPride
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
fyi,

no charge, its free to play.

we will have 12-15 players tonight. if anyone would like to play next week pls leave a msg on the thread and if alternates are needed you will know.

Thanks all!

PacersPride
01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
For anyone unsure of the location, please contact me or perform a google search. Its located next to the YMCA.

Be safe driving and see ya there.

Pacers4Life
01-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Still gonna be there.. Just myself though I believe

Pacers4Life
01-21-2011, 12:18 AM
I totally went tonight.. I was the quiet white kid with the blue Gators shirt on. Kinda a lot of people but waaay enjoyable nonetheless.. 'preciate that y'all

PacersPride
01-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Good competition last week with around 20 players. Will be playing every Thursday. Same time.

pujhutt50
01-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Look forward to playing again this week. I was the tall guy wearing the Purdue shirt. I was way out of shape, this was the first time I played in about 4 or 5 months.

PacersPride
01-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Look forward to playing again this week. I was the tall guy wearing the Purdue shirt. I was way out of shape, this was the first time I played in about 4 or 5 months.

Yes it was alot of fun and good exercise. Thanks again to all those who were able to participate!

Hope we can have the same kind of group this week as well, but at the same time we want to keep it to a reasonable number or else guys will have to sit for a long time and may stop playing.

With that said, I will let the thread be placed on the backburner, and we will continue playing on thursdays at 8pm.

for any new guys, follow the signs that say gym. its in the back but there are many cars there with church activities and such.

if ever you have a question please feel welcome to PM me and i will get back to you asap.

Thanks!

PacersPride
02-02-2011, 08:12 PM
for those interested, i will provide an update early afternooon too confirm the gym will be open.

Thanks

pujhutt50
02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Any news for today? I plan on heading over anyways since I live about 5 minutes away, but may have another guy coming out and would like to know for sure.

pacers101
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
If someone can let us know whether the gym is open that would be great. I would like to go tonight...

PacersPride
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Gym will be open tonight. sorry for the delay, wanted to let you guys know sooner.

Thanks!

PacersPride
02-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Now that the weather is improving some, wanted to let those interested know the gym will be open every thursday.

we have had solid numbers, 15+. feel welcome to contact me with a PM if anyone needs my number or anything.

Thanks

petersanchez
02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
i love basketball. one time i scored point in a horse game.

Merz
02-17-2011, 07:16 PM

Big deal, this one time I scored 3 point basket in a horse game

pacer4ever
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Big deal, this one time I scored 3 point basket in a horse game

Big deal, one time i scored h-o-r-s-e and won the horse game:dance::dance::dance::dance:

PacersPride
02-17-2011, 07:23 PM

were not playing horse pete.. primarily 5on5 running full court. appreciate if we keep the threads relevant to those interested in updates.

Thank you

* Special thanks to the mods as well for the opportunity to organize a group for those who enjoy playing the game!

pujhutt50
02-19-2011, 12:50 AM
We were a little low on numbers this week, only had 8 guys show up, so we ran 4 v 4 for a little while. Hope to see more guys out again.

PacersPride
02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
We were a little low on numbers this week, only had 8 guys show up, so we ran 4 v 4 for a little while. Hope to see more guys out again.

thanks man for letting me know. i have an upcoming exam for certification so i havent made it out the past two weeks.

Jeremi who runs it said the numbers were good the previous week. i will see if we can recruit some more players either on here or elsewhere.

Thanks pujhutt!!

Pacers4Life
02-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I missed last week.. It's so far away but I'll be there this Thursday

PacersPride
02-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I missed last week.. It's so far away but I'll be there this Thursday

i will text robertmto as well. he normally brings 3-4 players too.

i know we had 20 a couple weeks ago so ive avoided recruiting anyone else so that we do not get too many players.

PacersPride
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
will anyone be able to make it from PD this week? i know the challenge is going on as well from the Pacers Front office league, and am concerned about numbers.

if not enough are interested we will shut it down. we had 15-20 for a few weeks and last week only 8. do not want folks showing up and only a few guys make it out.

Thanks

Robertmto
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
my group will b back

Pacers4Life
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I will be missing due to that event. I didn't expect to be a part of it at all.. Let alone actually do it. But I am, sorry guys

PacersPride
03-01-2011, 11:00 PM
The gym will be open this week from 8-10. If anyone is interested in playing please leave a message here. even if you cannot make it leave a message if you are interested in playing some other time.

i havenet been able to recruit guys off of here and we have had good numbers up until recently.

anyone who plays regularly is welcome to organize the recreational play. my friend goes to the church and has the time slot reserved, its free. i think the gym is sufficient and if your in the area anyone is welcome.

normally someone is in there playing basketball because the church has other activities or whatnot going on.

im approaching a busier season so i wont be able make it every week, its about a 35 minute drive for me, and i play once a week in pendleton with a good solid group.

if anyone is interested in contacting me by phone send me a email on here and i can text as well for any updates to the gym on the eastside. my buddy plays there regualrely and is a very good friend.

he keeps it open.

Hope to see some of you out there sometime! Thanks.

* if anyone is interested in organizing something as a part of the PFOL challenge feel welcome to contact me and the gym will be open.

Pacers4Life
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Barring unforeseen circumstances.. I'll be there tomorrow

PacersPride
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Barring unforeseen circumstances.. I'll be there tomorrow

great! folks are welcome to bring more players as well, it doesnt have to be limited to PD unless more people start showing up and we get too many.

i really thought there would be more ballers on PD.. anyways, im always open to playing ball so if anyone has a better spot to meet or anything feel welcome to let me know.

im gonna be getting a team together for a Fieldhouse league on the NE side, if anyone is interested in playing feel welcome to contact as well.

Hope to see some of you tommrow night!

NapTonius Monk
03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I'd love to play, but I work second shift. You guys are winding down when my shift ends. Otherwise, I'd be a staple.

Pacerblue
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
i hope to be there next week

PacersPride
03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Guys, we will have good numbers tonight. Look forward to seeing you there!

again, if anyone wants to play leave a message if you can make it this week, or some other time.

feel welcome to contact me via PM if anyone has questions or would like my contact info.

Thank you!

PacersPride
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey all, I will be making it out tonight to ball. For those of you who come often I will have you meet the man in charge of the gym and exchange numbers etc.

were gonna get this setup so consistent players are the ones who get invited first, then we will have alternates from there. so again, feel welcome to leave a message if you are interested or contact me directly on here.

peace

Hailey12
03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
I was there last night. Check out a few of the pics I took. haha. Just got the camera so I wanted to play around with it. :happydanc

A few PDers going at it.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183778_717051032094_27306607_38288347_5160483_n.jp g

Things getting a little heated!
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184382_717050917324_27306607_38288345_2871486_n.jp g

ME! Layups!
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189857_717050762634_27306607_38288339_8086010_n.jp g

I got some other pics and video I can post if you want to get an idea of the comp. Its usually pretty fun and Im upset we stopped playing with my EURO ball after the first game. :mad:

I enjoyed it last night. Ill be back next week.

For your enjoyment! Me and a co-worker doing Trickshots! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHx2MXzVC9Y)

pujhutt50
03-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Couldn't make it last night, work got in the way. Usually I'm there most thursdays.

Pacerblue
03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Are we on for this week? I will be there. woohoo

PacersPride
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Guys, I will not be playing ball on Thursdays for ahwile, but the gym will be open. Very busy at work, its a 35 minute drive for me and gas prices are getting high. i play once a week right now nearby.

Was hoping PD open gym would take off but not enough on here seem to be interested.

Only about 6 guys and those guys bring players. The gym will stay open, the guy in charge will always have about 4 or more players there, i have left everyone who messaged in the thread Jeremi's contact info. Feel welcome to contact me via PM if anyone has questions or anything and i will get back to you on here.

Thanks

Hailey12
03-17-2011, 04:46 PM
For anyone interested in join this league we are starting sign ups now! Fallow this link to sign up. Spots are limited to the first 84 to sign up and pay. last season we had to turn down close to 20 people. We may expand to 2 more teams if we have a large number of new and returning players.

For other info about our league you can contact me on here or through our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/General-Tsos-Basketball-Association/148220001898021

Or at our offical web page: www.goGTBA.com

Some info about the league:
We play every Saturday between 1 and 6 at the Monon Center. Entry Fee for the next season is currently $35. We play around 8-10 regular season games and then a single elimination playoffs. This is quite possibly the most unique rec basketball league in Indy. We have a combine for new players, followed by league wide draft where captains select teams. Trades also happen mid-season. The level of competition ranges from D1/ Overseas Players to your mildly skilled open gym players. That is why we have a draft, it keeps the league very level and you must build real unity to win. We also keep stats and record all the games and post them to Youtube and a stats page. You can also count on the occasional GTBA top 10plays of the week and other things we put together when we get bored. The one thing you have to remember is that it is a rec league and we players and captains are expected to help out with video, reffing and stats. That is why we are able to keep the fees low.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Robertmto
02-09-2012, 05:45 AM
does anybody still play here?

PacersPride
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
does anybody still play here?

i will look into it. not sure. we are going to need up to 5 guys max for a new site were playing ball at.

as far as this location goes i will let you know. this spot is too far of a drive for me to attend; but as i stated will let you all know if my buddy is still running games out there.

** If anyone would be interested in playing ball competitively near Anderson let me know. we run at a church and go 12-15 deep every week. numbers have been at 11 the past two weeks and were looking for new comp. only need 3-4 guys at most at this point.

its 4 bucks to play at a local church on the south side of anderson. if anyone is interested please email me or post here.

this is for serious ballers only.

thank you

LetsTalkPacers
02-10-2012, 03:41 PM
this is off topic but im in anderson and im trying to find an indoor court thats not overly crowded just to help my daughter practice. shes only 9, 10 next month so competitive ball is not really an option. just looking for an indoor goal we can practice on. thanks in advance on any leads.

Steagles
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I play there on Saturdays with my youth group but can't make Thursdays.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

CreekShow
02-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I would def be interested in hooping in Anderson. I need to hit the gym a time or 2 before I come out, but only bc I havent touched a basketball in easily 6 months and im terribly out of shape.

I consider myself a serious baller (when im actually playing) and I could probably round up a guy or 2. I know Since86 is a hooper too (way better than I am) , maybe I could get him to roll out there with me sometime. Ill get back to the thread in a week or so, after I knock the rust off a bit.

LetsTalkPacers
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
i didnt realize there were so many Pacer fans around me.

crazylikeafox
02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Still interested to hear if your buddy is running games at the church on Shortridge, I live real close to there. I play on Tuesday butI need another night during the week, Anderson is just too far to drive.

i will look into it. not sure. we are going to need up to 5 guys max for a new site were playing ball at.

as far as this location goes i will let you know. this spot is too far of a drive for me to attend; but as i stated will let you all know if my buddy is still running games out there.

** If anyone would be interested in playing ball competitively near Anderson let me know. we run at a church and go 12-15 deep every week. numbers have been at 11 the past two weeks and were looking for new comp. only need 3-4 guys at most at this point.

its 4 bucks to play at a local church on the south side of anderson. if anyone is interested please email me or post here.

this is for serious ballers only.

thank you

Robertmto
02-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Still interested to hear if your buddy is running games at the church on Shortridge, I live real close to there. I play on Tuesday butI need another night during the week, Anderson is just too far to drive.

where do u play on tuesday?

Kemo
02-11-2012, 03:00 AM
I'd definitely be interested in anything going on in Anderson...
If you ever get anything setup, I'd like to come out and play , since I'm from Anderson lol ..

crazylikeafox
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Park Tudor high school

where do u play on tuesday?

jeffg-body
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
this is off topic but im in anderson and im trying to find an indoor court thats not overly crowded just to help my daughter practice. shes only 9, 10 next month so competitive ball is not really an option. just looking for an indoor goal we can practice on. thanks in advance on any leads.

You might try the PAL club. I don't know if it is still running, but they had a descent gym that was rarely used.

Hailey12
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Park Tudor high school

We used to play on Tuesday nights at park tudor. One night we came in 3-4 weeks ago in the crappy gym and you kicked us out so we went and played on the main court. ahahah. We use to rent it out not sure if we are going to again for Tuesdays.

crazylikeafox
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't have been me, i haven't played yet this session due to being out of town. The guys I play with have had rented this gym for 15 years, I've been playing there for 3 yrs on Tuesday night. We play down there in the good gym occasionally.

We used to play on Tuesday nights at park tudor. One night we came in 3-4 weeks ago in the crappy gym and you kicked us out so we went and played on the main court. ahahah. We use to rent it out not sure if we are going to again for Tuesdays.