PDA

View Full Version : SLAM: When Donald Sterling Yelled at David Stern

Hicks
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't know why the headline says yelled, but this raised my eyebrows nonetheless:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/when-donald-sterling-yelled-at-david-stern/
No author
SlamOnline

The awesome thing about being an NBA team owner is that you can get away with, well, basically anything. The LA Times reports: “If you can’t tell from the results, Sterling is a demanding boss who can target bigger game than Baron Davis. … Like Commissioner David Stern, the boss of bosses. Three sources describe an exchange in an owners meeting in Las Vegas a year or so ago: Sterling: ‘You don’t want to hear what I have to say.’ Stern. ‘Yes, we do.’ Sterling. ‘No you don’t.’ Stern: ‘Yes, we do.’ Sterling: ‘OK, I would fire you. You’re great at marketing, but you’re not tough enough with the union.’”

:eek:

BringJackBack
01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Actually I believe that Sterling is right. But shocking nonetheless.

Trader Joe
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
That fact that this comes from Sterling makes it completely useless. He wouldn't be satisfied that the commissioner was tough enough on the union unless he was paying his players in barrels of vegetable oil.

flox
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
This exemplifies why no one wants to play for the Clippers. He doesn't want to pay his players.

David Stern has basically gotten the union to bend over on a lot of things.

ballism
01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Well at least he's a douche with everyone, not just his tenants and emploees.