PDA

View Full Version : pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

pacerwaala
09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Here I am, in Malaga, in the beach with my family, very tranquil, expecting and still celebrating the medal of gold. ..". Another player would be able to be anxious or worried about have not club to this height of the pre-season, but is not the case of Rubén Wolkowyski. The Red one was from Athens to Malaga —there the family of its wife resides Mariana— to rest and to expect news of her possible return to the NBA to play in Indiana Pacers, the subcampeón of the east. "In Greece they had said me that was all fixed, but evidently they hurried to tell me that.. Now they tell me that they need to be removed of Scott Pollard in an exchange to Atlanta so that they can sign me me", it counted the pivote.

Olé ascertained in Indiana that, for now, the Pacers only are offering a contract done not guarantee. The I Strain ratified it. "Yes, is thus, but therefore I do not go neither crazy. They tell me that they need to do that I transfer to give me an agreement guaranteed", it added. The Pacers are far above the run into salary for the next season (is of 43.9 million and Indiana is in 62) and therefore should be removed of Pollard, who will gain 5.6 million. Besides the former one pivote of Sacramento, Indiana only has 13 players with contract and barely three grandotes: Jermaine OR'' Neal, Jeff Foster and the inexperienced one David Harrison.

Rubén trusts in its return to the NBA, where passed for Seattle, you Mow and Boston. "The coach (Rick) Carlisle wants me since directed to Detroit.. It spoke me when we were in Cordoba and told me that had seen mark me well to Yao Ming, to Nowiztki, that interested it to have me. ..". The I Strain does neither see nearby an arrangement with a European club. "As it of Indiana was very serious, my agent to stopped speaking with teams of Europe and today I do not have anything. Only I know that Tomic, the technician of Olympiacos, told myself in a supper that retains me", counted. "There it will be that to expect. ..", closed.

Hicks
09-06-2004, 11:27 AM
That's better than my translation from the other thread. What's clear is we want to sign he, he seems to be up to do it, but we want to first trade Scot to Atlanta (presumably for a 2nd round pick) to shave off salary. I haven't even looked up this guy's profile yet and it sounds good to me :laugh:

I'll post some links to profiles if I find them.

Shade
09-06-2004, 11:30 AM
So, it comes down to...we traded Brad Miller for a second round draft pick.

Yay.

:unimpressed:

Hicks
09-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Here is his nba.com profile (he played for Boston in 2002-2003).

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ruben_wolkowyski/?nav=page

Absolutely nothing impressive, however he didn't get minutes either (3 per game). He's 6'10", but I like that he's 275lbs (would be the biggest guy on the team then).

If the Pacers think he can be any good, I wouldn't mind swapping him for Pollard. Let's do it.

Shade
09-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Here is his nba.com profile (he played for Boston in 2002-2003).

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ruben_wolkowyski/?nav=page

Absolutely nothing impressive, however he didn't get minutes either (3 per game). He's 6'10", but I like that he's 275lbs (would be the biggest guy on the team then).

If the Pacers think he can be any good, I wouldn't mind swapping him for Pollard. Let's do it.

Sure, why not? :shrug:

It gonna be pretty interesting when the Hawks come into town, what with Al and Scot over there...

Ragnar
09-06-2004, 11:34 AM
If we get rid of Pollard I would be willing to take John Starks. Well not John Starks but just about anyone else.

able
09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
BS

sorry but more then a look in camp he's not worth, career shooting of around 30% ? for a C???
his rebound numbers are pathetic to, certainly compared to the Scola numbers.

dropping Scott's contract to loosen the weight of the 62/63 mil we're at now, I can understand, but this one should be in the row of ones that were in Pacers camp earlier on.

minimum salary players there are plenty, no need for this guy.

Sollozzo
09-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I'd be willing to trade Scot Pollard for a bag of chips, he's that worthless to this team.

If the Pacers can make this move, do it. This guy can't be any worse than Pollard, and he will be alot cheaper.

Who else wishes we could rewind to July 2003 and keep Brad?

able
09-06-2004, 11:53 AM
just a simple question, can we get over the B.M thing, it's getting older then me and that is dangerous.

and no, this guy is worse then Scott, a LOT.

Don't think Pacers would drop Polly to add something else, this one would definitely rank behind Harrison.

and that bag of chips story, they might come in handy when hungry.

Hicks
09-06-2004, 11:55 AM
able, look at ALL the stats. he barely got minutes. the #s are essentially meaningless. There's far more to a person's game than #s they had when they played 6 minutes per game during a year. It's worthless.

ChicagoJ
09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
There's no way he's worse than Pollard... and didn't that translation say nonguaranteed or partially guaranteed contract?

Drop Pollard's absurd salary. Adam, that poor bag of chips is insulted that all it can get in a fair trade is Pollard. If this kid is a bust, so what? At least Pollard would be gone.

able
09-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I looked at his 00/01 stats as well (Seattle) and more importantly his stats at the Olympics

shotavg = 30% avg rb = 1 per 6 minutes (defensive) 3pt shooting 1 for 15 in 6 games (one game 1/7 rest 0/x

avg playing time 23 minutes

able
09-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Jay, this guy was a bust at two NBA clubs, why would he do better here ?

we had more prospects in camp (Cons) then him
I'd say sabe the money completely :D

able
09-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh and i forgot his 19% FT shooting :D

Hicks
09-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Oh and i forgot his 19% FT shooting :D

No, not at all a stat you throw away for being skewed :D

ChicagoJ
09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, let's get the first part done... dump Pollard...

then we can worry about the next step.

:cool:

canyoufeelit
09-06-2004, 12:54 PM
As a Boston area fan I can assure you that there is no way Pollard is worse than Ruben.

Remember this theory: "If a player does not get PT then there must be a good reason"

I am sure Pollard can contribute and sure we didn't see the real Pollard last year due to a number of reasons (back injury, carlisles system, etc)

Whereas in Ruben's case, the reason is that he may just suck

Ultimate Frisbee
09-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I gotta say that I don't really like the idea of signing Ruben... There are much better centers out there... I'd really like to go after Keon Clark if we could dump Pollard...

Pollard may not be great, but we need a backup center. His contract sucks, but if we dump it for nothing, its essentially like giving up in my mind...

Natston
09-06-2004, 02:42 PM
What happened to the notion that Pollard would be valuable against Shaq? Without an answer for Wade coupled with the the idea of Foster, Croshere, Harrison, and Wolkosomething guarding Shaq, I might buy into Peck's armageddon theory.

IMO worrying about Scot's salary now will be just as bad last year when we got caught up in th salary of another center. I don't think we can afford to dump yet another bigman on salary alone. I'd rather bank on Scot (a vet I might add) rebounding after an off year rather than getting a "no name never will be".
I had Wolko down as a has been...

Destined4Greatness
09-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Without an answer for Wade.

WHAT. We can stop him from owning the court, and as long as we stop that, no worries. Unless Wade and Shaq score like 70 points a game combined, no worries.

Natston
09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Without an answer for Wade.

WHAT. We can stop him from owning the court, and as long as we stop that, no worries. Unless Wade and Shaq score like 70 points a game combined, no worries.

Uhh we couldn't stop him last year in the playoffs and we have basically the same backcourt defensively... :rolleyes:

Destined4Greatness
09-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Really he owned the court thats why the heat advanced to the Conference finals.

Natston
09-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Really he owned the court thats why the heat advanced to the Conference finals.

He did own the court against us, I guess one of us didn't watch the playoffs last year. :laugh: Anyway, our team outplayed their team, that's why we went to the conference finals. If you honestly believe that we can now contain Wade who now has one more year under his belt and also has the most dominate center alongside him then more power to you.

Destined4Greatness
09-06-2004, 04:54 PM
If he had actually owned the court they would have advanced. Not us.

Besides the 2004 Heat > 2005 Heat.

And maybe if Artest could have focused in on Defense instead he had to take up O'Neals slack.

Natston
09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
If he had actually owned the court they would have advanced. Not us.

Besides the 2004 Heat > 2005 Heat.

And maybe if Artest could have focused in on Defense instead he had to take up O'Neals slack.

If their team had "owned the court" against our team they would have advanced. Seeing how you faired in your argument against Soup and Kstat, I seem to be wasting my time. I have posted my last words in this thread.

Destined4Greatness
09-06-2004, 05:18 PM
So now Wade=The Team Makes perfect sense.

Your last words from what I can see, are quite pathetic. Try again.

And Like I said if Artest had been able to focus on defense we would not have had that problem.

Kegboy
09-06-2004, 05:51 PM
As I see it, there are 3 reasons to "dump" Scot.

1. David Harrison is progressing nicely, and is expected to, if not be in the regular rotation, can fill in as needed.

2. Management does not consider last year a "fluke", and has therefore lost all faith in Scot Pollard's abilities.

3. Management has a plan in place to better utilize his salary space.

I don't believe we'd dump him just to save money, Donnie-haters can whine all they want about us not spending the big bucks, but there's a difference between being fiscally responsible and dumping salary just for the sake of dumping salary.

Therefore, if we were to do this (notice the italicized if), that tells me that one of the above three statements, or a combination of those, is true.

Now, does Wolko fill the bill for #3? Please. Greg Foster's better. No, if we were cutting Pollard for salary reasons, that would mean we intend to use the rest of our MLE to acquire somebody with a pulse, not pull a Vin Baker and use it to sign someone we could have for the minimum.

But, I don't see anybody out there, at least with size, that's worth the coin. And yes, that includes Keon Clark. So that leads me to believe that we need to look at my first and second statements above.

We've gotten every indication that the team has resigned itself to JO being our backup center again, which I'm fine with. But, we do need someone to fill in due to foul trouble or injury, and, regardless of what Peck says, that's not Austin Croshere. Can Marvin fit the bill? He was hit-and-miss in the summer league, but Conrad has talked up how intensely he's worked out this summer. The thing is, the adjustment for big men coming into the NBA is more mental than physical, and I just don't see him contributing this year, even in a limited fashion.

Which, sadly, leaves #2. If we trade Pollard (excuse me, if we trade him), then not only has the team lost complete and total faith in him, they view him as a liability. Personally, I haven't seen that. Yeah, he sucks bad on offense, especially when the ball comes within 5 feet of him, but I've not seen anything to make me think he's not a servicable defensive and practice player.

IMO, you don't dump somebody just to dump him. In fact, Donnie's said the same thing. So, unless they've got a plan in place to fill the hole with a real player (which, again, is not Wolko, or, really, anybody else I see out there), then they must view him as a detriment to the team. We haven't heard anything like that. In public he's obviously frustrated, but he's given every impression he's more professional than some guys we've kept around.

This just doesn't fit the Pacers MO, unless I'm missing something. But again, maybe it's Larry's doing. :rolleyes:

skyfire
09-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Indiana Pacers, the subcampeón of the east.

Love that translation :D

indygeezer
09-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I know nothing of the guy. I agree that if he's been on two teams and gotten zip minutes of PT, there has to be a reasopn. In this instance, I say stick with POlly and see what rabbit he has up his sleeve.

Slick Pinkham
09-06-2004, 09:34 PM
He was awful in Boston.

He couldn't get meaningful game minutes.
He couldn't get garbage time minutes.
He couldn't get apocolyptic post nuclear holocaust minutes.

he was the equal of Bruno Sundov on the Boston depth charts.

any other questions?

TheSauceMaster
09-06-2004, 10:46 PM
hey Looks like Someone to Take Primoz Water and Towel Boy Position

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Anthem
09-07-2004, 01:45 AM
I miss Primoz.

Peck
09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
For some reason my name has been invoked twice in this thread.:confused:

To the Croshere thing. You totally misunderstand my statement on Austin.

I'm just saying he is the best backup we have. I'm NOT saying that that is a good thing.

Isn't it funny how times have changed? In the 90's we always had a slew of big body's able to defend the post. Now, in truth we don't have anybody beyond O'Neal who is good at it.

Jose Slaughter
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Where's Terry "Happy Meal" Mills when ya need him? :rolleyes:

Kegboy
09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm just saying he is the best backup we have. I'm NOT saying that that is a good thing.

Yeah, I know, I just can't pass up the chance to ***** with you. :tongue:

SoupIsGood
09-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Virgin ears! I didn't hear that! *Plugs ears*

;)

Hicks
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Dare I ask what must be done to make someone's ears no longer virgin? :o

Anthem
09-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Aural sex... :devil:

indygeezer
09-08-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm trying to figure out what favor Atlanta owes us that they would take on Pollards contract for nothing. We're not even talking about a vital reserve here. We're talking about a guy with a bloated contract who barely got off the bench last year.
Why should the Hawks do us any favors? What's in it for them???? They have capspace and if they want to use it up there are other players available that would fill their needs more capably.
HEck, I even saw some Atlanta posters say that inorder to even this up (homer talk yes)...but in order to even this up they see it as Polly + our #1 + Tinsley for their number 2 and the cap relief it brings. Now I don't agree to this but that is just how badly the Hawks FANS think of it.

SO AGAIN, WHY WOULD THEY DO US ANY FAVORS???? <caution...do not invoke the name of Al Harrington, that is a dead issue...get over it>
This makes absolutely no sense and I see it a some wannabe invoking the name of the Pacers just to make people think that there is some Norte Americano team interested in him.

able
09-08-2004, 07:59 AM
How on earth can you take whatever a "Hawk" "fan" writes seriously, I mean, the fact they are "Hawk-fan" deminishes a lot of credibility doesn't it ?

But I agree it makes no sense and Tins in that discussion is as idiotic as bringing you or Btown into the discussion, though I must admit, some posters plus Polly and I might consider throwing in Larry :D

indygeezer
09-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Sorry Able, didn't mean to give the impression I took them seriously. I was trying to show the mood of the Hawks fans in regard to this trade talk. THey think it is VERY lopsided in our favor too, if yo're just talking Pollard for cap relief.

ChicagoJ
09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
I think Billy Knight owes us *something* after trading 'Sheed to Detroit for nearly nothing in return.

:devil: :twocents: :(

indygeezer
09-08-2004, 11:40 AM
good point Jay....so does Boston.

wintermute
09-09-2004, 12:25 PM
there were rumors earlier saying we had interest in fabricio oberto, also an argentinian center, but one who can conceivably contribute. apparently negotiations fell through. maybe next year...

we must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel if we think wolkowsky will cut it. at most he could probably hack shaq as well as anyone else i guess.

indygeezer
09-09-2004, 03:53 PM
C Webb...Fushka...Shaq...Tmac...Walalalalla kiebalska........so, who's next?

Every trime a rumor comes up we are mentioned. We're good enough to interest some people and always just "not quite good enough" so our interest in somebody would be believable. Ergo, the rumor patsy's.

sweabs
09-09-2004, 04:04 PM
One center who I'd like to see mature (in a Pacers uniform) would be Jerome Moiso.

I don't know if many of you guys know about him...he played sparingly for the Raptors this season, but is a long body with great athletic ability. I really like his rebounding/blocking skills for one. I'm sure we could get him for cheap...

Edit: I only mention him since we are on the topic of "cheap" centres...but I think we could get a deal there...