PDA

View Full Version : Pacers at Portland

mcampbellarch
01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
The holidays brought a Pacers garden gnome bearing tix to the Portland game next week. Curious whether there was anyone else in the area planning to attend and whether anyone had any advice regarding the Rose Garden, loitering before games, or recommendations to get some autographs on the aforementioned gnome.

ThA HoyA
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm actually going to this game as well! I tried to get there early before and see if I could get autotgraphs but they didn't let me in to watch shootaround... But if u are sitting close to the visitors tunnel I've seen many people get autographs there. But hopefully someone has other advice! Cause I'd love to get my jersey signed! At least now I know there will be more than just my GF and me cheering them on!

pacerDU
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I'll be there. Been to Rose Garden a few times. Never tried to get an autograph (although I managed to get my photo with Mike Fratello after the game), so can't help you out there.

Regarding loitering, not sure if you're talking about in the stadium or in the surrounding area, but there's a couple places in the complex where you can get food/drinks so no issues there. It is slightly out of downtown though.

Good to know I won't be the only person there with Pacer gear on!

mcampbellarch
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I have been on a trailblazers forum and learned the following...

If you want player autographs, you should come down here earlier and go to the practice facility. I have a friend that works there and he claims people are out there all the time wanting autographs and the players are more than happy to sign some. I do not believe a shoot around session is open to the public,

We are in section 102 row L ( behind the P's bench) and I will be wearing a bright yellow Mad Ants shirt in hopes of getting some tv air time on the indy feed so everyone look for me. Still trying to figure out signage options.

PDU, are you driving down from VC?

ThA HoyA
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Any idea where the practice facility is or what time they practice there??! I'm sitting in section 112 row D hoping to cheer all game and get players attention so they sign my jersey... :)

mcampbellarch
01-16-2011, 12:30 PM
I apologize - I believe that the practice facility is the portland memorial coliseum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Coliseum_%28Portland%29
recommend google maps/earth as well

Hope it is not raining.