PDA

View Full Version : Kaman available

Pacerized
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll get blasted for this because Kaman has been injured this year but I really hope Larry has already been on the phone for Kaman. He's coming off an all star year and has 1 more year after this at 12 mil. His contract is a bargain for what he brings if he's healthy. He's dealing with an ankle injury so I doubt if career threatening or even likely to reoccur. At 28 he's young enough to be part of our future. A healthy Kaman is an upgrade over Roy. I'd also take him starting next to Roy and let other teams match up to us as I've said many times. Even if you fall into the 98% of those on PD who only want a PF if he can guard Derrick Rose, adding an all star center can't be all bad. I'd be happy to package a deal with Dun or Rush if that would get it done.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71162/20110115/clippers_would_trade_kaman_for_small_forward/

The Clippers are open to dealing center Chris Kaman prior to next month's trade deadline, but they may only do so for a clear upgrade at small forward.

Also, Los Angeles wants that player to have a reasonable contract.

Kaman has been sidelined for all but 10 games this season with a badly sprained left ankle.

Potential trade targets like Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Charlotte's Gerald Wallace may be ruled out because of their contracts.

Detroit's Tayshaun Prince has an expiring contract.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71162/20110115/clippers_would_trade_kaman_for_small_forward/#ixzz1B9XHdmoX

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
No he sucks trust me he shoots way too much and just not that effective. I am happy that the clipps are trading him giving Deandre the full time center stop good for him.

Pacerized
01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
No he sucks trust me he shoots way too much and just not that effective. I am happy that the clipps are trading him giving Deandre the full time center stop good for him.

I've watched Kaman play a lot and totally disagree. His game isn't pretty but the guy is a force in the paint. He didn't suck too badly when he manhandled our front court last year.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I've watched Kaman play a lot and totally disagree. His game isn't pretty but the guy is a force in the paint. He didn't suck too badly when he manhandled our front court last year.

He is a really bad fit for Blake and would be a bad fit here. He demands way to many touches and limts blake's. The only way he would work here is if we move Hibbert. I like his game but not with Blake or with Hibbert. What would u suggest put Hibbert at backup center? Then he would be a decent fit because Thands doesnt rquire many touches. I wouldnt mind trading Hibbert but untill Chris can prove he can stay healty i say no way.

BTW ive watched all his gms the passed 3 yrs

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Only way we give them an obvious upgrade at SF is with Granger, and if we're trading Granger for Kaman, I expect something else in return. Like Minnesota's pick they own next year or something. :)

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I would only do it if we could trade hibbert for a really good PF and only have to give up Dunleavy. But then i am still worried about his health.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Only way we give them an obvious upgrade at SF is with Granger, and if we're trading Granger for Kaman, I expect something else in return. Like Minnesota's pick they own next year or something. :)

I dont think so they need to move him Blake and Kaman can't play effectly together. Deandre Jordan is the perfect fit to play with Blake so they just want to move him I assume.

Dunleavy and a 1st would probly get it done

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I dont think so they need to move him Blake and Kaman can't play effectly together. Deandre Jordan is the perfect fit to play with Blake so they just want to move him I assume.

Not according to the article.

The Clippers are open to dealing center Chris Kaman prior to next month's trade deadline, but they may only do so for a clear upgrade at small forward.

DrFife
01-15-2011, 08:03 PM

Sign me up. I'd much rather trade our first for Kaman (with Hibbert backing him up) than for Anthony Randolph.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Sign me up. I'd much rather trade our first for Kaman (with Hibbert backing him up) than for Anthony Randolph.

I like that if we trade Hibbert this summer once Kaman is healthy.

Pacerized
01-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Honestly, I'd take Nene as my first choice if the price were the same but you risk losing him next year if he isn't signed to an extension with the trade. I could live with Dun and a 1st. for Kaman but I think the Clippers may have better offers.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Not according to the article.

When push comes to shove they will trade them for an expiring and a pick. Becaues he sucks/ I'snt a good fit when he plays with Blake it just doesnt work. It was like the John Wall, Glibert Arenas thing in DC. They just couldnt co exsit because they both require the ball to be effective.Tayshaun is rumored also which makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Plus Sterling would like to have more money to resign Jordan without spending to much he is tight with his money u know. So im sure he would love exprings for Kaman.

Hicks
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Danny for Kaman, their 1st (which is currently the 7th pick), and the rights to Minnesota's unprotected 2012 1st?

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Danny for Kaman, their 1st (which is currently the 7th pick), and the rights to Minnesota's unprotected 2012 1st?

:signit:

vnzla81
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm not sure if Roy and Kaman can play together

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM

Great deal i would have to accept that would put our rebuliding in a great postion going forward.

Then would we trade Roy???

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM

We would have to trade Roy they cant play together

hoops_guy
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Great deal i would have to accept that would put our rebuliding in a great postion going forward.

Then would we trade Roy???

Obviously we'd have to give Hibbert a lot more time to see if his game comes along (the rest of the year, and then some).. If it doesn't than probably.

He's going to at least be a borderline starting center, but I'm willing to bet that his stock is pretty damn high and will be for a while.

DrFife
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Danny for Kaman, their 1st (which is currently the 7th pick), and their 2013 1st?

Personally, I'd only want to give up Danny if it were for our coveted Player X: someone who starts at PF and complements Hibbert, but who also can slide over to play C quite adequately. I question whether Kaman could play more than spot minutes at the 4.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Obviously we'd have to give Hibbert a lot more time to see if his game comes along.. If it doesn't than maybe.

He's going to at least be a borderline starting center, but I'm willing to bet that his stock is pretty damn high and will be for a while.

But he would be backing up Kaman i would rather trade him for more assets

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
While we're on Danny, I've been preaching for a while that him for essentially Wes Matthews and Nicholas Batum would be a sexy deal for both teams.

Now I will go back under my rock.

Hicks
01-15-2011, 09:51 PM

Roy backs up Kaman, and if he ever gets his head on straight again, you decide which one to trade.

I realize the Clippers might find this too pricey, but I think you might be able to sell them on it. Granger would be better for them than he is for us; he'd be like Luol Deng has become for Chicago. Great to have when he's not one of your best guys.

Very soon, this lineup could be quite formidable:

Bledsoe
Gordon
Granger
Griffin
Jordan

Tom White
01-15-2011, 09:57 PM
No he sucks

I like his game

OK, I gotta ask. You like players who suck? :laugh:

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
OK, I gotta ask. You like players who suck? :laugh:

lol he sucks playing with Griffen because they both require a lot of touches. Deandre Jordan is the perfect player next to Blake not Kaman. But i like his game just not in LAC any more. Time to move on.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Roy backs up Kaman, and if he ever gets his head on straight again, you decide which one to trade.

I realize the Clippers might find this too pricey, but I think you might be able to sell them on it. Granger would be better for them than he is for us; he'd be like Luol Deng has become for Chicago. Great to have when he's not one of your best guys.

Baron Bledsoe
Gordon
Granger
Griffin
Jordan

That lineup gives me goose bumps as a clipper fan(added baron he is playing like baron of old latley.)

that trade is good for both teams

Trophy
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I was seriously thinking today where the hell did he go?

I wish we could bring him here to play PF, but he'd struggle with Roy who is the center.

Trophy
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM

Bledsoe
Gordon
Granger
Griffin
Jordan

I hope we don't trade Danny at all and it's pretty doubtful we will.

The trade isn't terrible actually. I mean we're trading Danny for another guy who was a recent All-Star.

I would be interested to see a few times of Roy at center and Kaman at PF.

They'd have to adjust to each other which would require a new coach.

beast23
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM

Probably too pricey for LAC... but man I love the way you think.

Kaman is not necessarily what we need because he does not address our primary need of a quality frontcourt running mate for Hibbert. We would have spent $10M+ for a player that will still leave us in need of a quality PF. But at least we would only be on the hook for one year and could reconsider at that time.

But if we would be landing going to land a 7-pick and probably another top 7 or 8 pick from Minnesota, you at least have to think about it.

This action would certainly put a ton of faith on George developing into a very, very good player.

Brad8888
01-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Anybody who thinks the Clippers are a destination for Dunleavy should remember the way they treated his father when they let him go. It wasn't pretty, and I would think there would be continuing animosity on both sides of that equation.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Anybody who thinks the Clippers are a destination for Dunleavy should remember the way they treated his father when they let him go. It wasn't pretty, and I would think there would be continuing animosity on both sides of that equation.

Sterlirng sues all his former coaches it wasnt a surprise to me. You can sub him for TJ and solo it is just a cap filler

BlueNGold
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM

Bledsoe
Gordon
Granger
Griffin
Jordan

If we involved a third team that wanted expiring contracts, I think we could get this type of deal done. Clearly, we need to make some kind of move like this to get some high draft picks...along with shoring up the front line. Danny is the asset that needs to be sacrificed for the next iteration of the rebuild. Without risk folks, there is little reward.

In the meantime, we resign Dunleavy for a more reasonable contract to backup Paul George.

Pacerized
01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I do think Kaman and Roy could play together. If they both averaged 30 minutes that'd would only put on the court at the same time about 12 minutes. One thing that would be interesting would be Tyler and Kaman if you want to have some rough play in the paint.

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
In the meantime, we resign Dunleavy for a more reasonable contract to backup Paul George.

I'd just rather be patient and draft one of Jordan Hamilton or Kyle Singler. That is, unless if Brandon Knight isn't available.

If we don't get a wing in the draft, I'd rather make a run for the following instead of resigning Mike:

-Marquis Daniels. We all know he's solid, and he hasn't had injuries in a while. Sign to a short contract.
-Nick Young. He's inconsistent, but he just had a 43 point game and then a 29 point game. He'd start for us, and then become a 6th man. He's still young, and I don't really know if he's going to be hard to get or not.
-Tracy McGrady. Changes the pace of the game. Solid defender, and can spot up. Short contract.

If we can't get any of them, just throw Lance out to the wolves and give Paul some extended minutes. I think Mike is good, but it's time to rid ourselves of the Murphleavy thing for good.

hoops_guy
01-16-2011, 01:59 AM

Please Lord. Please.

BornReady#6
01-16-2011, 09:45 AM
I really really loved Kaman coming out of Central Michigan, and he has done really well for himself, but I dont think we need Kaman at all. I think somewhere like San Antonio or Orlando will go after him.

Justin Tyme
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
I like that if we trade Hibbert this summer once Kaman is healthy.

NO ONE is getting traded this summer.... it's called a lockout.

Any trade would have to be done now b4 the trade deadline or after the lockout ends. I'm, personally, looking for "at least" a half season lockout.

That's why I wasn't opposed to taking on some players 2 year contracts b/c a good portion or all of next season's salary wouldn't have to be paid. Thus making the contract easier to handle. Kirk H. of the Wiz b4 the Pacers got DC. I read recently the Wiz are NOW open to trading Kirk. Not surprising with the way Nick Young is playing since Arenas was traded. They'll have to get a b/u for Wall if they do. I know just the b/u PG for them that has an expiring too! :D

Justin Tyme
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd be interested in Kaman as the starter, and let Hibby be the b/u while he gets his game together.

ballism
01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't know, chain leg injuries aren't very promising. I'd much prefer a Nene, even if we traded Hibbert for him while he still has value. Denver would probably take it - drop salaries, get another young piece.
As for Hibbert+Kaman combo together on the court, I don't like it at all. Twin towers strategy might work, if they are both very good, or complement each other extremely well. In this case, it would be disastrous.

SMosley21
01-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Kaman has missed 111 games due to injury since the 07-08 season. No thank you.

pacer4ever
01-16-2011, 03:05 PM

Thats why i said IF healthy would be a good pickup

BlueNGold
01-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Kaman isn't the major draw here IMO. I think the Pacers need draft picks to improve their talent level and continue the rebuild.

Let's not make the same mistake as we did with Jermaine O'Neal and not recognize when it was time to move him. As Hibbert regresses, the JO trade looks worse. No question we could have had Lamar Odom and other pieces...

Pacersalltheway10
01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't trade Hibbert for anyone except a complete young star right now. This season doesn't matter anyways. Give him some time this offseason to bulk up. And I don't want Kaman stunting his growth for the next 2 seasons. use the 12 million in cap space for something long term.

HOOPFANATIC
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Hibb is 24 playing for a Coach who doesn't know, and won't learn how to utilize him best. I wouldn't even think about trading any of our young guys until we at least try a new coach, especially for veterans who may or may not have peaked.

PacerDude
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
So, we're talking about a guy that needs a lot of touches to be effective ?? In JOBs perimeter offense ??

Well THAT won't work.

Pacerized
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM

That actually took longer to come out then I expected. I know he's had injuries but so has Nene who I would also like. I don't care about an injury from 2007 as long as it's not a reoccurring injury like a back problem or knee problems that linger. Nene had testicular cancer discovered in late 07 and has been solid since returning for the past 2 full seasons.
Kaman had a dislocated knee during the 07/08 season. Last year he played in 76 games and made the all star team so it wasn't a lingering issue. This year Kaman is dealing with an ankle injury and doesn't look to return until Feb. I would expect a clear bill of health from an expert before we took on Kaman but I don't see an ankle injury as a long term risk. We're not talking about J.O. with a lingering knee problem. We're not going to get a superstar for an expiring contract and picks. I'd rather take on Kaman or Nene then to go after a player like Randolph. I think we're either going to have to take a risk and make a trade like this or let our contracts expire and overpay for a mediocre player in free agency.

The idea of trading Granger is one I never thought of. I don't think the Clippers would consider throwing in 2 picks. If Kaman were playing right now I doubt if they'd even consider throwing in a 1st. round pick at all. If we could get 2 picks and Kaman I'd we'd have to do it. If it came to giving up Granger to get Kaman and a 1st. or giving up Dun and a 1st. to get Kaman, I'd choose the later.

Pacersalltheway10
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
We would have to trade Roy they cant play together

Then HECK to the NO.

Pacersalltheway10
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Thats why i said IF healthy would be a good BACKup

fixed

pacer4ever
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
fixed

Kaman was an all star center im pretty sure he will start some where. Just not here and in LA

Pacersalltheway10
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Hibb is 24 playing for a Coach who doesn't know, and won't learn how to utilize him best. I wouldn't even think about trading any of our young guys until we at least try a new coach, especially for veterans who may or may not have peaked.

THANK YOU :D