PDA

View Full Version : Who should have finished against the Bulls?

johndozark
01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
In general, I am a fan of regular rotations and playing the younger guys, but there are exceptions when you go with who matches up best and who is playing best on a given night.

There was a point in the third quarter when the margin narrowed to nine and it looked like we stood a chance to make a game of it. Who would you have played from then on to give us the best chance of staying in the game with a chance to win?

Last night, I would have finished with Foster, Hansbrough, Dunleavy, George, and Collison. Foster was a monster on the boards. Hansbrough, Dunleavy, and George were playing better than the alternatives at their positions. Collison was not hitting but was doing some other things well.

If McRoberts had more early minutes, he might have been worth considering for late time. If A.J. had been active, I think he probably could have earned the close-out time.

We saw Hibbert's potential early in the year, and I think that, with a new coach and another summer's hard work, he will re-emerge as a star. I don't object to his continuing to start so that he can get big minutes whenever he is playing well, but he simply is not effective most of the time right now.

I find it odd that I am recommending Foster and Dunleavy for last night's close-out duty, but they are both healthy and playing as well as their abilities allow. Dunleavy has been a positive presence except when he is missing his shot, but continuing to fire away anyway, like Granger does all too often.

I am not down on Granger. I just think that he is not able to carry the weight we place on him, and we shouldn't expect him to do so. I think that less would produce more with Granger. He would probably close out more often than not.

So how do you think that the finishers should be decided? And who would you have played in the last quarter against the Bulls?

hoops_guy
01-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Collison
Dunleavy
George
Hansbrough
Foster

So I agree.

diamonddave00
01-15-2011, 12:19 PM
George, Stephenson, McRoberts, Hansbrough and Rush should have finished the game vs the Bulls. It was obvious after 3 quarters the Pacers were not going to win. So the youngster should have played the 4th quarter.

Pacers4Life
01-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm looking at the box score now to help refresh my memory of things... I was at the game watching lol. I remember Danny scoring late and by late i mean "We already lost because you shot 4-17 for the first 39 1/2 mins of the game"... so theres that.
DC shot the ball horribly also, thats obvious (4-16). I was up in club level and i could never really tell.. but he did look like he was getting fouled on SOME of those drives right? He shot and made his only free throw.
In case anyone wasn't aware... Franchise 55 had 2 points.. 1-8 shooting. He looked so bad it was seriously embarrassing. I was sitting around waaay too many Bulls fans (equally or more so embarrassing?) and it was sad to hear them laughing when Roy touched the ball. I love him but he deserves it.

So that all being said.. against the Bulls we have ZERO chance of winning. And nobody else really stepped up.. Honorable mention: Dunleavy, shot 50%, had 13 pts, -10 tho; Foster 26 mins (season high?) 6 pts, 15 boards (7 on the OFFENSIVE side!); Paul George, 8 pts 3 reb, -1 overall.

So all this in mind and what I saw last night going in.. JOB is a terrible coach I THINK i believe but he had no chance with how we played last night. It was over from the moement they went up by 6 or 7. I'm sorry to answer the question like this.. last night hurt in a lot of ways.

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I just know that if we make the Playoffs, I really really don't want to face Chicago or Atlanta.

D-BONE
01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Lance, AJ, Solo, Dahntay and McBob.

I was so pissed at what I perceived at the lack of energy and effort as a team, that I would have cleared the bench.

D-BONE
01-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I just know that if we make the Playoffs, I really really don't want to face Chicago or Atlanta.

Or anybody else we'd be matched with in round 1. It will be ugly (assuming we make it, which is a gigantic assumption).

dlewyus
01-15-2011, 02:26 PM
It wasn't going to matter who finished that game.

xIndyFan
01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
the game was over by the end of the 3rd quarter. anything scored after that was just points whoring.

pacers should have given the kids a chance to play. unless they were sucking big time.

lance, brandon, paul, tyler and josh. hate to do that to brandon, but he is the lowest vet on the senority scale at the swing position.

McKeyFan
01-15-2011, 04:21 PM
It wasn't going to matter who finished that game.
What mattered is that Tyler never got back into the game.